• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Asphidel

Smash Rookie
Hey, my FC is 4828-6435-4806, and I should be on fairly often. Here's hoping I can make it out to some of those weeklies :)

Asphidel

Smash Rookie
I'm a fan of that idea. I actually just ordered a 3ds for smash; is there a way to communicate with people on your friend list via the 3ds?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
A bit late, but GGs Freya!
I'd be up for a Skype group. I'm pretty much always on nowadays. Add CrowTenguCoud if y'all make one. ^^

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So we made a Skype group. So far, it contains Nick, Mike, and Asphidel. Anyone else to add?
I'll update the OP for Smash 4 later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A small Road to TGC 2 update: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The Facebook group is going to have weeklies at a place called Dragon's Lair, I think. Or they might still be at Arcade UFO. Not really sure.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, I've been to Dragon's Lair a number of times. They have a nice, large back room. ^^
Updated the OP. If any of y'all want to add info, PM me or post it here.

And Mike, the game comes out on Friday. Google and the front page of SWF both have that info.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Couldn't get my hands on a GC controller adapter tonight. Playing with a pro controller is weird, but manageable.
Gonna go see if I can get one tomorrow.

Also, Animal Crossing music in this game kicks ass.
Actually can't wait to play on Town and City (like Smashville, but a little different) a billion times.

Last edited:

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

The Road to TGC 2 is 12 days away and i have 2 very big updates to give you all.

1. The rules to The Road to TGC 2 have been updated. Stage list has been add. Event times have been change and a food break period has been added. Pikachu+Mr GW are legal in teams. Custom moves/miis/equipment are banned (temporarily). For a full rundown on what rules have changed, please go to the Road to TGC 2 thread and check it out.

2. Two brothers, Illmatic (the best American Peach in Brawl) and Kadin (the best Brawl Metaknight player at his pre-school) are going to do a $150 MM at The Road to TGC 2. Pikachu (illmatic) vs Diddy (kadin), 3/5 and customs legal. The set will be recorded and posted in every corner of the internet. Who do you think will win?

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I still cannot find an adapter ANYWHERE. I am really pissed off I have the game sitting here not being played just because of this.

Success! Found a gamestop that still had the bundle, so I finally got my adapter :D

Last edited:

Dion_SageSennin

Smash Rookie
Hello I'm austinite new to smashboards but not new to the smash scene wanting to play some awesome competitive play with you guys my mains in Smash 4 are Pac-Man and Yoshi so far and always looking to improve

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Shaun wants to know

"This weekend may not be the best with Thanksgiving and all that, but maybe we can Smash anyway? Who'll be in town?"

:gova:

Oracle

Smash Master
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all are enjoying your thanksgiving turkey. Just want to remind everyone that even though theres no IAB or Shockwave this week, we still have Denti's Bizarre Adventure this weekend! Come play smash 4 with some of the best in our state, like Denti, me, Lunchables, iiGGy, and more! Also show up for 4v4 because it's gonna be insane!!! If you have any questions, feel free to message me!

FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1503663829883341/

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

In 2 days The Road to TGC 2 is happening in Houston, TX. Here are some final bits of information you need to know before attending this event.

1. I am in great need of full set-ups. WiiU/Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8/TV. If you bring a full set-up, i will compensate you at the next TGC with half off venue fee or a drink coupon or something. Remember, if you want plenty of practice before/between matches, we need full set-ups. There is no other way.

2. Obeying the time slots are a MUST. I will make no exceptions this time around because i want this event to start/end on time.

Xyro arrives to set-up @ 9:00am
Registration/Practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm (your only chance to eat without being DQed)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnite

3. Be sure and read/be familiar with the rules to this event. Many things are different than they were at TGC 2. The more educated you are on the rules the better prepared you will be on the day of the event. The rules can be found on the tournament discussion page.

4. The weather will be in the low to mid 70s on Saturday but please bring a jacket just in case. We wouldn't want people johning about being too cold, would we?

5. Though not mandatory, it would help me out a ton if you all bring $5 and $1 bills when paying/registering for events. It speeds up registration and makes paying out players easier. Again, just a recommendation.

6. Like last time, the free food is limited to first come first served. So the earlier you get here and the earlier you get in line, the more "guaranteed" you will be to get food.

7. If you need housing before or after TGC, please contact @Sync. and or @Leaf. they will help you.

8. Finally, due to be being extremely busy today and tomorrow, i have already created the results thread for TGC 2. Please go here to further discuss this event, make predictions and check on bracket updates/results...etc. It can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-road-to-tgc-2-results-on-12-6-2014.381295/

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking I'll start hosting some Biweekly tournaments in January once holiday crap has calmed down. Will likely be on Tuesdays.

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

The Official TGC event #1 has been announced for Feb 28th, 2015!! There are pot bonuses for Smash 4/Kart 8/Pokemon R&S!

Event caps, venue times, event order, payouts and other things have changed since the "Road to TGC" events so please read the rules very carefully and ask any questions that may come to mind. If you would like, you can contact me here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or on Facebook (Allan Sims)

Important things to remember:

1. Purchase your venue fee online to guarantee your spot. Player caps WILL be reached.
2. Print out receipt/confirmation email or show us these on your phone for a smoother registration process.
3. You may only enter 3 events at max. This helps make all brackets run correctly.
4. We need 20-30 full setups. There is compensation for those who bring a full setup (Tv/WiiU/Smash or Mario Kart 8).
5. I am the best Smash 4 Samus user. Deal With It.

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Soooo I want to buy smash, but I don't want to spend $300 on a delux wii u with games I don't want and $50+ on an adapter. Anyone know of any deals or cheaper prices? Pretty absurd I can't go buy a wii u by itself and spend money on an adapter that's inflated. I also want to know if it's worth the buy. I love smash, but how far can this game go?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Soooo I want to buy smash, but I don't want to spend $300 on a delux wii u with games I don't want and $50+ on an adapter. Anyone know of any deals or cheaper prices? Pretty absurd I can't go buy a wii u by itself and spend money on an adapter that's inflated. I also want to know if it's worth the buy. I love smash, but how far can this game go?
I bought my console directly from Nintendo. They have refurbished models for $200. When I opened to box it basically looked like a brand new console and works perfectly. Also, hi Austin! I've lived here for the past 6 months. I want to start going to tournaments in the area.

Top Bottom