• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The aura should never die! A Lucario's Guide

The aura should never die! A Lucario's Guide

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Quick minor corrections:

-Aura caps at 190%. Not every move caps at this percent, but this is the absolute highest percent, confirmed by testing and from one of the game's many tips.

-Stock slightly affects Aura but only with human players. This has been noted by many players, and one of the game's tips hints at this.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
No, no, no! This is all wrong!
Step 1: Take damage on purpose until you're at 100%
Step 2: Spam Aura Sphere and win.

DA END!

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
No, no, no! This is all wrong!

DA END!
wow what an ass ness main if you can't even pull your heal magnet thing in time
not our fault you run into projectiles like a f r a u d

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
wow what an *** ness main if you can't even pull your heal magnet thing in time
I do play as Lucario, Lucy is my favorite Pokemon. I usually never play as Lucario unless I want to piss people off. When I do play as Lucy to piss people off, I do that; and I ALWAYS WIN!

Rafuko

Smash Rookie
Muy buen inicio Enrique. Tu guía promete mucho, estaré al pendiente para cuando la actualices. Saludos desde el DF.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
wow what an *** ness main if you can't even pull your heal magnet thing in time
I just realized how stupid you are. You're just REALLY butt hurt about how someone makes fun of your main. Lucario is a horribly designed character. He rewards noobish play, specials are broken at high percents, needed to be nerfed, not buffed and just overall broken. Oops, my bad. I forgot Lucario was replaced from Brawl and replaced with "Aura"

P.S: Learn how to spell.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I just realized how stupid you are. You're just REALLY butt hurt about how someone makes fun of your main. Lucario is a horribly designed character. He rewards noobish play, specials are broken at high percents, needed to be nerfed, not buffed and just overall broken. Oops, my bad. I forgot Lucario was replaced from Brawl and replaced with "Aura"

|RK|

Smash Marketer

I mean, if you play against bad people and then wanna talk like you're hot. Or come from Reddit. Or both.

SmashLoser

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZombieLuigi
Thanks for this guide I've been wanting to main Lucario on my list, cause i love how much of a learning curve it take to master him

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608

Allow me to educate you since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

"Lucario is a horribly designed character" "He rewards noobish play"

His high damage, KO power and range on certain moves comes with the risk of losing his life because he has to take damage to have any of those things. He's a light character so it's not very hard to send him flying. He rewards surviving not "noobish play".

"Specials are broken at high %'s"

His recovery is the only thing that becomes ridiculously good but it's not "broken". You can work around all of his other specials so they don't become "broken" either. His counter isn't even close to being an amazing move to begin with.

"needed to be nerfed"

"Oops, my bad. I forgot Lucario was replaced from Brawl and replaced with "Aura""

Please don't try to be clever, you're not good at it obviously.

We're all here to discuss and help each other out so we really don't need somebody like you going around bashing on people's main characters and trying to start an argument just because you have a strong dislike towards their character. So stop acting like a child or go act like one elsewhere. I would recommend the youtube comments section. There are plenty of people there that would be more than eager to have a nonsense spouting competition with you.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
"Lucario is a horribly designed character."

He takes damage to deal more damage, but in return he can be KO'd a lot more easily. He's not exactly a heavy weight character either.

"He rewards noobish play"

His damage, ko potential and range on certain moves comes at a big price, his own life. He's a light character so it's not very hard to send him flying. He rewards surviving not "noobish play".

Only his recovery becomes incredibly good but not "broken". You can work around all of his other specials so they don't become "broken" either.

"needed to be nerfed"

I don't even need to say anything about this at this point.

"Oops, my bad. I forgot Lucario was replaced from Brawl and replaced with "Aura""

We're all here to discuss and help each other out so we really don't need somebody like you going around bashing on people's main characters and trying to start an argument just because you have a strong dislike towards their character. So stop acting like a child or go act like one elsewhere.
holy **** this man isnt even a lucario main and hes defending us so well
PROPS

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I had to read kami's quote to even read your post. that blue is painful.
I changed the color to orange then so it would be easier to read my posts. I also edited my original post after I posted it because it was kind of sloppy imo.

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
First of all thanks you guys for your continuous support.
As @ Bobert Bobert said:

His high damage, KO power and range on certain moves comes with the risk of losing his life because he has to take damage to have any of those things. He's a light character so it's not very hard to send him flying. He rewards surviving not "noobish play".
His power and offensive potential only rises if the player has been surviving, rewarding with a double-edged play where you need to know your limits if you want to exploit all the potential of him, one mistake could mean being KO'd for both sides. It's always Sudden Death for you.

Also, his combos and offensive threats are always varying. Normal characters' offensive strategy depends mostly on one big factor: the damage of your foe. With Lucario, you have two factors: The foe's damage AND YOUR DAMAGE, both equally important.

Surviving with him is just not enough, you have to adapt to the actual conditions in order to choose the best offense/defense. If it was just surviving, people would only get hit on purpose, then fight back at mid to high %, which will mostly lead to being KO'd because it's too late to fight back, or you're only used to fight at high aura.

It's not only surviving, is adapting.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Allow me to educate you since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

His recovery is the only thing that becomes ridiculously good but it's not "broken". You can work around all of his other specials so they don't become "broken" either. His counter isn't even close to being an amazing move to begin with.

"needed to be nerfed"

We're all here to discuss and help each other out so we really don't need somebody like you going around bashing on people's main characters and trying to start an argument just because you have a strong dislike towards their character. So stop acting like a child or go act like one elsewhere. I would recommend the youtube comments section. There are plenty of people there that would be more than eager to have a nonsense spouting competition with you.
Sure, it does reward surviving, but it also rewards taking damage and playing bad; which is something I can not stand by. His Aura Sphere at 120% and above can be spammed like Samus's charge shot, but is a little harder to punish. His Force Palm has INSANE range and the grab part can kill you at 50%. His recovery makes him almost ungimpable. I don't have a strong dislike towards Lucario, like I said before he's my favorite Pokemon. It's that dude that I have a strong dislike to. I said it before and I'll say it again, Lucario is broken and doesn't take much skill to use or to win with. They should've given you the Aura at the beginning so that way you'll have to be careful on how you approach and be sure not to take damage.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
You don't have to like something in order to defend it.
**** yourself kid and leave this thread before it gets you banned
seriously, you have no future in this game because of your mentality so you should probably just quit smash all together. start by leaving this thread, no one likes you and no one agrees with your posts because you don't know the first thing about lucario.
anyone will agree with what bot said, im just happy someone finally shut your stupid ass down

and lmao at this coming from a ness main, with mile long hitboxes and easy fair spam out of throws.
infractionboyz

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Sure, it does reward surviving, but it also rewards taking damage and playing bad; which is something I can not stand by. His Aura Sphere at 120% and above can be spammed like Samus's charge shot, but is a little harder to punish. His Force Palm has INSANE range and the grab part can kill you at 50%. His recovery makes him almost ungimpable. I don't have a strong dislike towards Lucario, like I said before he's my favorite Pokemon. It's that dude that I have a strong dislike to. I said it before and I'll say it again, Lucario is broken and doesn't take much skill to use or to win with. They should've given you the Aura at the beginning so that way you'll have to be careful on how you approach and be sure not to take damage.
C'mon @ DaRedMage DaRedMage you're Ness! You can absorb it and heal ~30% dmg, or even reflect it! (FP not sure...)
If you get beating by a Lucario Projectile Spammer, then its your fault not reading properly. You have your own pros, and i'll respect them, just use them wisely.
In my opinion don't be hasty and calm down the next time you found one similar, try to read them. Thank you for your feedback.

@ Kami~ Kami~ Don't fall for it. Maybe he was frustrated.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
C'mon @ DaRedMage DaRedMage you're Ness! You can absorb it and heal ~30% dmg, or even reflect it! (FP not sure...)
If you get beating by a Lucario Projectile Spammer, then its your fault not reading properly. You have your own pros, and i'll respect them, just use them wisely.
In my opinion don't be hasty and calm down the next time you found one similar, try to read them. Thank you for your feedback.

@ Kami~ Kami~ Don't fall for it. Maybe he was frustrated.
I don't just play as Ness. In fact, I rarely play as Ness. I play as everybody. And I've met noobs who've done this and win. You kick their ass, then the aura comes and they start spamming away. And when you do get close, they can easily kill you. I'm guilty of this too. It's really hard for my Olimar to go up against a Trigger-Happy Lucy main. On Smash Ladders, I've once met an amazing Luigi that my Ness couldn't beat. So I went Lucario and spammed Aura Sphere; and then I 3-stocked him. This went on for a while and the only he could defeat me was to play as Lucario and do the same. I never said I lost to one, I just said I found them annoying. Ness is my favorite character. When I want to win and have fun, I play as Ness, but when I just want to win, I bust out Lucario and always win.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
**** yourself kid and leave this thread before it gets you banned
seriously, you have no future in this game because of your mentality so you should probably just quit smash all together. start by leaving this thread, no one likes you and no one agrees with your posts because you don't know the first thing about lucario.
anyone will agree with what bot said, im just happy someone finally shut your stupid *** down

and lmao at this coming from a ness main, with mile long hitboxes and easy fair spam out of throws.
infractionboyz
Dude, calm down. Breathe in, and out, in and out. Lol, what "mile long hit boxes"? PK Fire is easily punished if spammed and same with PK Thunder, don't even get me started on PK Flash. Those throws acquire reads and knowing when an opponent is gonna shield. You can't always just use throws and expect to win. But I think is Back-Throw needs to be toned down a bit. If you wanna know cheap with Ness, Lucas's PK Thunder is Gimp City and I almost won a Tournament because of it and Lucas's PK Fire is the spacing king, ton of range, knock-back and it fires straight in the air which grants you a one way ticket to Gimp Town.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I don't just play as Ness. In fact, I rarely play as Ness. I play as everybody. And I've met noobs who've done this and win. You kick their ***, then the aura comes and they start spamming away. And when you do get close, they can easily kill you. I'm guilty of this too. It's really hard for my Olimar to go up against a Trigger-Happy Lucy main. On Smash Ladders, I've once met an amazing Luigi that my Ness couldn't beat. So I went Lucario and spammed Aura Sphere; and then I 3-stocked him. This went on for a while and the only he could defeat me was to play as Lucario and do the same. I never said I lost to one, I just said I found them annoying. Ness is my favorite character. When I want to win and have fun, I play as Ness, but when I just want to win, I bust out Lucario and always win.
dude you are straight from for glory, you should just stop posting til you actually learn how to play a bit and have played for atleast a year.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Rewards playing badly? You're not going to have much success if you're playing badly in general, even as Lucario. How is his aura sphere harder to punish than Charge Shot? Her charge shot could be considered better than Aura Sphere also because Samus doesn't have to be at a high% for it to have it it's insane KO Power and Damage and even goes through Aura Sphere. There are plenty of recoveries harder to gimp than his. His is nowhere near "ungimpable". "It's that dude that I have a strong dislike to" I take it that you have a strong dislike towards SmashLoser too then even though he didn't say anything to you to begin with but you left a smart remark anyway because he said that Lucario has a learning curve.

First of all thanks you guys for your continuous support.
As @ Bobert Bobert said:

His power and offensive potential only rises if the player has been surviving, rewarding with a double-edged play where you need to know your limits if you want to exploit all the potential of him, one mistake could mean being KO'd for both sides. It's always Sudden Death for you.

Also, his combos and offensive threats are always varying. Normal characters' offensive strategy depends mostly on one big factor: the damage of your foe. With Lucario, you have two factors: The foe's damage AND YOUR DAMAGE, both equally important.

Surviving with him is just not enough, you have to adapt to the actual conditions in order to choose the best offense/defense. If it was just surviving, people would only get hit on purpose, then fight back at mid to high %, which will mostly lead to being KO'd because it's too late to fight back, or you're only used to fight at high aura.

It's not only surviving, is adapting.
While I do agree with everything you said, you could say that adapting is part of his survival and not only his survival but the other characters as well.

Last edited:

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
dude you are straight from for glory, you should just stop posting til you actually learn how to play a bit and have played for atleast a year.
I sometimes play in FG but when I can, I play on Smash Ladders. How did you know that I've been playing competitive Smash 4 for at least 4 months? Stalker. Lol (it's a joke, don't take it seriously).

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
With Samus's Charge Shot you could just roll behind her but you can't do it with Lucario. Lucario's recovery is redonkulas. He can recover from anywhere in the stage but unlike Villager or Olimar, his goes hella fast and can do damage. I didn't say ungimpable, I said ALMOST ungimpable. As for "Kami" all I did was make a joke and he got all butt hurt.

What I said.

"No, no, no! This is all wrong!

DA END!"

What she/he said.

"wow what an *** ness main if you can't even pull your heal magnet thing in time
not our fault you run into projectiles like a f r a u d"

Funny how all I did was make a joke and then this turned into a argument about whether or not if Lucario is broken.

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
With Samus's Charge Shot you could just roll behind her but you can't do it with Lucario. Lucario's recovery is redonkulas. He can recover from anywhere in the stage but unlike Villager or Olimar, his goes hella fast and can do damage. I didn't say ungimpable, I said ALMOST ungimpable. As for "Kami" all I did was make a joke and he got all butt hurt.

What I said.

"No, no, no! This is all wrong!

DA END!"

What she/he said.

"wow what an *** ness main if you can't even pull your heal magnet thing in time
not our fault you run into projectiles like a f r a u d"

Funny how all I did was make a joke and then this turned into a argument about whether or not if Lucario is broken.
And then you responded with this.

You could have just said something like "Take it easy, it was just a joke." But like I said before, you took a shot at SmashLoser and he didn't say anything to you at all for you to even say anything to him.

Also I know you didn't say it was ungimpable but you said "almost" which it really isn't honestly. If you get the timing down, it's not that hard to hit him before he comes back to the ledge and if he lands on the stage, he suffers from horrible landing lag that lasts forever(not technically). Also, there are other options than just rolling you know that right? If you're close enough to actually roll behind them, you can probably grab him or even attack him instead.....

Last edited:

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Lol. I know, but I didn't. I don't like to walk away. Yes I know there's more options then roll and Down Smash, like jumping or running away; but if you jump into him you could get hit and if you roll away then he wins.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Lol. I know, but I didn't. I don't like to walk away. Yes I know there's more options then roll and Down Smash, like jumping or running away; but if you jump into him you could get hit and if you roll away then he wins.
He may have possibly overreacted to the "joke" a little but you could have simply just have been more mature about it, but instead you decided to start bashing on the character in a forum about that character because of one person apparently offended you. But honestly, why even say anything to SmashLoser in the first place? But you do believe that Lucario is overpowered which is very wrong. And approaching Lucario while he's charging Aura Sphere isn't any different from approaching a Samus charging her Charge Beam. His options are to jump, roll away, shield or fire Aura Sphere while he's charging it. Samus has all of that but she has a long grab that she can cancel it into. Lucario can do the exact same thing but his grab range has like 6 times less reach. He can't cancel it into anything else. Lucario is a very solid character, a great character in fact but he simply does not have the potential or the tools to ever coming close to being "overpowered".

Last edited:

noni

Smash Cadet
Lucario may be Lighter then his Brawl version but his Keep away game is a force to be reckoned with AURA!!

Top Bottom