• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't have FB and probably never will get one.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I am going to destroy you
y tho
either way 1v1 me m8, meowmeow u won't
ImThem

But srsly, NNID under name. Don't play online much but since you're only 17 or so hours away from where I live, internet connection shouldn't be too horrid unless you're on that hot DSL internet.

Last edited:
D

Deez1

y tho
ImThem

But srsly, NNID under name. Don't play online much but since you're only 17 or so hours away from where I live, internet connection shouldn't be too horrid unless you're on that hot DSL internet.
I'll Vs you later on today.

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
So, I went to my first offline tournament last Friday and ended up getting 3rd out of about 20 or so people. It was pretty fun; I won some cash, hung out with friends, etc. Although whenever I was playing everyone kept talking "DAE Aura=Rage?!?/1/1" and the first guy that I beat, one of his friend came up late in the tourney and said his friend called me a spammer. I don't know why, but that really got to me. I try my best not to spam and give Lucario a good name and let others have a fun time playing against me, so it was a little discouraging.

Either way, it was fun overall meeting new people and hanging out. Here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/weskly3smash42 (I'm "centauri"). There wasn't any stream for this one due to technical difficulties. :(

D

Deez1

So, I went to my first offline tournament last Friday and ended up getting 3rd out of about 20 or so people. It was pretty fun; I won some cash, hung out with friends, etc. Although whenever I was playing everyone kept talking "DAE Aura=Rage?!?/1/1" and the first guy that I beat, one of his friend came up late in the tourney and said his friend called me a spammer. I don't know why, but that really got to me. I try my best not to spam and give Lucario a good name and let others have a fun time playing against me, so it was a little discouraging.

Either way, it was fun overall meeting new people and hanging out. Here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/weskly3smash42 (I'm "centauri"). There wasn't any stream for this one due to technical difficulties. :(
Don't listen to those **** Heads. They say you spam but the truth is that they were being punished. If they lose of course they are going to give you crap. The true meaning of Spam is using a move and not doing anything. If you were hitting him with the sphere, then your not spamming but using your move strategically

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
Don't listen to those **** Heads. They say you spam but the truth is that they were being punished. If they lose of course they are going to give you crap. The true meaning of Spam is using a move and not doing anything. If you were hitting him with the sphere, then your not spamming but using your move strategically
Yeah, I just think I'm more self-conscious about that topic than others. I don't want Lucario to get more hate than he already has. I beat the guy that said I was spamming by using a AS while he lost ledge invincibility and another where he used his second jump to barely creep over the ledge where a let out another timed AS. I thought that was a legitimate tactic. Anyway, the 1st and 2nd place guys said I had a legit Lucario and I'll gladly accept that compliment! That and the TO "midman" was very nice, even when he crushed my in Losers finals. :p

D

Deez1

Yeah, I just think I'm more self-conscious about that topic than others. I don't want Lucario to get more hate than he already has. I beat the guy that said I was spamming by using a AS while he lost ledge invincibility and another where he used his second jump to barely creep over the ledge where a let out another timed AS. I thought that was a legitimate tactic. Anyway, the 1st and 2nd place guys said I had a legit Lucario and I'll gladly accept that compliment! That and the TO "midman" was very nice, even when he crushed my in Losers finals. :p
That's good. I recently entered a tournament and came 9th out of 70 entrance. I lost to my friend Villyness (to anyone that knows her). And I've been fighting her for a long time. People that know me know that I love to punish people for everything they do. I give people no chance on landing on the stage and punish moves. Its so much fun.

Steam

Smash Hero
y tho
ImThem

maybe sometime soon. I'll be off to apex on thursday :D

D

Deez1

So, to anyone who wants to test out my metal (lol metal= steel type). Let me know because I'll be ready in about 10 minutes. What about you Sinister Slush. Wanna Smash me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
**** em man, if they have to blame you then they don't have the ability to beat you.

I get the same for Lucario in smash 4 and Brawl and I get this with Jigglypuff in Melee too. Don't worry about them :)

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
So, was looking into the customs a bit more, and I'm starting to be convinced that Up 3 is actually better than Up 1 due to the lovely hitboxes and lack of cancerous endlag that Up 1 has; 2 is awful tho. Down 3 can actually be immediately followed up with with a jab/tilt/grab, not sure if the stun lasts long enough for FP grab. Side 2-3 are useless, and Neutral 1-2 is a toss-up to match-up.

Last edited:
D

Deez1

So, was looking into the customs a bit more, and I'm starting to be convinced that Up 3 is actually better than Up 1 due to the lovely hitboxes and lack of cancerous endlag that Up 1 has; 2 is awful tho. Down 3 can actually be immediately followed up with with a jab/tilt/grab, not sure if the stun lasts long enough for FP grab. Side 2-3 are useless, and Neutral 1-2 is a toss-up to match-up.
Don't give me crap about Lucarios 2 side B. That one is a amazing and puts everyone off in tournaments. Learn to land as Lucario btw.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Don't give me crap about Lucarios 2 side B. That one is a amazing and puts everyone off in tournaments. Learn to land as Lucario btw.
Landing doesn't help out of Up 1 when you need to recover from middle/low height and need to go high to avoid dunks; enjoy 60 frames of landing lag. Can't count the number of other Lucario players I've dunked who have tried to recover with Up 1, or just strolled over and hard punished the landing.

Side 2 has extremely reduced knockback on the Grab, and isn't the super kill option we need it to be. The advance is also slow enough to dodge on reaction, and is asking to get punished.

Steam

Smash Hero
Good luck.
Tho honestly surprised with APEX still happening despite all the **** happening outside of The Strife biz
yeah HOPEFULLY the tourney goes well though hahaha.

@above- sorry I wasn't around to see your messages, I may be around to play tomorrow but probably not. will be packing/preparing for my trip.

Last edited:
D

Deez1

yeah HOPEFULLY the tourney goes well though hahaha.

@above- sorry I wasn't around to see your messages, I may be around to play tomorrow but probably not. will be packing/preparing for my trip.
I could play you a few matches now?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
lol
any custom upb other than 1 is absolute trash. A good lucario will rarely let you punish it because of the many arcs/curves you can do with it.
any customs in general are awful for lucario. ez way to spot an ass lucario player is to see if they like customs ^ - ^

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
lol
any custom upb other than 1 is absolute trash. A good lucario will rarely let you punish it because of the many arcs/curves you can do with it.
any customs in general are awful for lucario. ez way to spot an *** lucario player is to see if they like customs ^ - ^
I'm your posts weren't occasionally funny I'm sure everyone on the forum would have you blocked. You could be the best Lucario player in Smash 4 and I wouldn't care due to your inability to hold a level discussion without running your mouth, to be blunt.

Just from the vids I've seen with you in it, every time you played someone who actually knew the Lucario matchup nearly all of your Extreme speeds were punished, which fortunately for you that number is quite few.

Clearly the defaults are no slouches, but there matchup cases where the customs would likely be better off. Up 1 feels like such a letdown vs strong edgeguarders like Cpt Falcon, where you have a good chance of getting spiked if you go for a ledge snap, or hard punished if you flub the on stage landing.

Down B rarely gets use, and 2-3 are useless vs zoners typically. Down 1 is dodgeable on reaction however, with Down 3 is not. The trade is the approaching tool and kill power of Down 1 for the followup of Down 3.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
I'm your posts weren't occasionally funny I'm sure everyone on the forum would have you blocked. You could be the best Lucario player in Smash 4 and I wouldn't care due to your inability to hold a level discussion without running your mouth, to be blunt
I'm just going to give you a tip, just one. If you want to deep conversation without losing your head over one person, place, or thing i'd suggest you to look over what you said and rewrite it. There's some errors in your grammar that needs to fixed to make your comment somewhat serious.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The bait is real.

Croi

Smash Lord
A guy can make a good point and still have spelling and grammatical errors. Harping on a few typos is a pretty weak way of refuting someone.

Same with if a guy is an asshole. Just because he doesn't need to be an asshole doesn't mean he doesn't have a point (the dreaded triple negative). You'll also pay more attention to what he's saying if he says it brusquely.

We've discussed Lucario's customs pretty thoroughly by now and the only ones that are even worth having a second look at are both his Aura Spheres. The Force Palms are either too weak or laggy; the Extreme Speeds sacrifice too much of one thing or another while his default covers every base pretty well; and his Double Teams are both pretty awful all around. Shocking DT requires a landed counter anyway so you may as well stick with default, and the punch DT leaves you way too open for an attack that's way too weak.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I'm your posts weren't occasionally funny I'm sure everyone on the forum would have you blocked. You could be the best Lucario player in Smash 4 and I wouldn't care due to your inability to hold a level discussion without running your mouth, to be blunt.

Just from the vids I've seen with you in it, every time you played someone who actually knew the Lucario matchup nearly all of your Extreme speeds were punished, which fortunately for you that number is quite few.

Clearly the defaults are no slouches, but there matchup cases where the customs would likely be better off. Up 1 feels like such a letdown vs strong edgeguarders like Cpt Falcon, where you have a good chance of getting spiked if you go for a ledge snap, or hard punished if you flub the on stage landing.

Down B rarely gets use, and 2-3 are useless vs zoners typically. Down 1 is dodgeable on reaction however, with Down 3 is not. The trade is the approaching tool and kill power of Down 1 for the followup of Down 3.
I abuse upb if I can get get away with it, if i get punished by competent players i stop. If a captain falcon is reading your upb's hard enough to time the spike you are doing something hideously wrong. You have so much time to arc or delay the upb they should never telegraph it that easily. Geez but why am I wasting my energy typing to you when I could continue to be an amazing lucario main without gimmicky customs

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm glad this place amuses me so much.

D

Deez1

Can someone tell me why people hate Lucario dittos. I've been told by one guy but still don't understand you complaints. The way I've played people is to not actually care but to just play the game. Instead of complaining, just play. I've heard Lucario can have bad MU. I never notice because of my play style.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Guys, Lucario amiibo released in Aussie today and I got two

One to play with and one for my Lucario collection, will never leave its box <3
That's great to hear :)

I've noticed something weird while playing against or mostly with my Lucario amiibo

He sometimes use a combo I do most out of up throw. He does an up air after the throw. It also seems that he use up throw more than the others

Two days ago while my amiibo was playing against a Lv. 9 Lucario, he reversed momentum by charging an Aura Sphere. I'll show it in a GIF later when I get home from school. I was really amazed after I saw that :eek:

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
That's great to hear :)

I've noticed something weird while playing against or mostly with my Lucario amiibo

He sometimes use a combo I do most out of up throw. He does an up air after the throw. It also seems that he use up throw more than the others

Two days ago while my amiibo was playing against a Lv. 9 Lucario, he reversed momentum by charging an Aura Sphere. I'll show it in a GIF later when I get home from school. I was really amazed after I saw that :)
Amiibo Lucario FTW! Can't wait to train mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom