• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I know! This week just seems to be going by so slowly. I just want to play some Lucario. Looking at his greyed out icon on the demo is getting old, along with the other characters' too.

*random lurker post*

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I know! This week just seems to be going by so slowly. I just want to play some Lucario. Looking at his greyed out icon on the demo is getting old, along with the other characters' too.

*random lurker post*
Mega Man's been holding me over until I finally get the game.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Mega Man's been holding me over until I finally get the game.
Mega Man is just....not for me at all, haha. I find him very weird to play. I think he has potential though, if played correctly. I saw a player named Stylin playing against Shofu (I think) on his stream that really played him well.
I feel the same way.
Luckily my actual main is unlockable :)
Lucky...all of my characters are visible haha.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Mega Man is just....not for me at all, haha. I find him very weird to play. I think he has potential though, if played correctly. I saw a player named Stylin playing against Shofu (I think) on his stream that really played him well.
You really have to want to use him, which I do. But yes, in a good player's hands, Mega is very formidable.
Lucky...all of my characters are visible haha.
Most of mine are there, including Lucario. Just one needs to be unlocked.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Well, after being a Falco main in both Melee and Brawl, it seems that I am now about to join #lucarioarmy. Looking forward to getting to know all you guys. =D

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
THE POWER OF THE AURA IS ALMOST HERE!!!

...seriously I'm glad I have no class or work on Fridays

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
THE POWER OF THE AURA IS ALMOST HERE!!!

...seriously I'm glad I have no class or work on Fridays
You lucky lucky individual! I have school tomorrow, and I can't go get the game tonight at midnight either. So I have to sit through class tomorrow... tomorrow is going to be a long day... :crying:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't worry, we'll taunt you by raving about gameplay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Should have waited for the Wii U version.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You lucky lucky individual! I have school tomorrow, and I can't go get the game tonight at midnight either. So I have to sit through class tomorrow... tomorrow is going to be a long day... :crying:
I know how you feel.

So. Much.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was right, just Goku sounds everywhere.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
MMMAX AURA!!!
****ING RAD!

Okay, I MUCH prefer his new voice. I think it's more fitting. <3
Also, whoever said Lucario couldn't b-reverse his aurasphere or f-air n-air anymore in a single SH needs to step up there dexterity damn.

His new f-tilt is the **** too! He pops it off so quickly, it's like the ultimate quick punish it feels. Jab kinda feels garbage now but eh. I think the new tools we got make up for it.

Forcepalm grab as you probably no kills mega ****ing early when at higher percent. Same with u-air. And dat forcepalm. Aurasphere just eats through projectiles. I feel like aurasphere combined with high aura forcepalm COMPLETELY changes how you play lucario at high percent. He zones pretty damn effectivly at higher aura. Overall it feels like his ground game has become VERY strong.

****ing dig it.

Last edited:

Hades_SB

Smash Rookie
So, I am from Germany. Thats important for 2 things: My english is sometimes strange and i could play on october 1st.

I played since then 200 games with lucario online ( and classic mode, all star mode etc. ) and I have to say "it" is great ( I used "it" cause in the german version lucario is neutral :D How is it in the english version. I read it in one tip) .

Without Aura ( till 50% almost) you make no really damage, but otherwise combos are so easily, the dash is great, the air game is nice, and he is fast, fast enough for little macs and sonics.
If you are about 50% the aura attacks get greater value, but after 100% it is the best feeling ever. You are like the hulk without beeing so big. The aurasphere is so big, air dodging is impossible, from what I've seen. the up b is ridicolous ( i bet you have seen it already) but the knockback from a rescue attack is so big, about 120% till 150% you can kill enemys with this attack. The counter is deadly in this area. And the side b kills at 75% the most enemys.
the Killing numbers nedd of course an enemy, who is damaged to a number, that is near his weight, e.g. kirby at ~ 80% damage.

In my Opinion it is great for Lucario, that there is a 2 stock game, since if you could manage to beat the enemy first, you are allowed to play as a 100% Lucario against his last life and it is really sooooo easy to get this kill without dying, you can spam the neutral b all day long, if the enemy have no projectile.

From my 200 games, i won 140, the most of the lost games are against the same people, cause if I found one, who is better, I don't stop playing against him, maybe 5 or 6 different.

I hope here is the right place to write something like this.

One question to the end: in Smash 4 when you charged the aura sphere at e.g. 0%, and then you get hurt, the aurasphere grows with the damage you get. I can't remember, was that in Brawl the same thing ?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I FINALLY GET TO GO BACK TO BEING A WIFI WARRIOR YES!
This game has magnificent wifi. I can only assume it's incredibly busy right now too, so it's impressive I only came across 1 ****ty connection.

I should stop.
Also I saw illmatic online which is rad. He SD'd 2nd match though oops.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Holy ****, based on that alone, I hope Lucario is still one of my mains for this game

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I FINALLY GET TO GO BACK TO BEING A WIFI WARRIOR YES!
This game has magnificent wifi. I can only assume it's incredibly busy right now too, so it's impressive I only came across 1 ****ty connection.

I should stop.
Also I saw illmatic online which is rad. He SD'd 2nd match though oops.
Nice job! Good to hear the WiFi works ok. Now I'll finally be able to play properly haha. Hope to see some of you guys online later today.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Besides the obvious long-distance matches and occasional server hiccups, your matches between other people should be smooth. Of course, if someone has Hamster Wheel Inc. internet, then expect some amounts of lag.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm a bit worried since I only have 5 down and 0.8 up with a ping of 35. Although Brawl worked fine unless my opponent had a bad connection, so I THINK I'll be fine.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Just got the game and immediately went to play Lucario. Jesus, he's awesome!!!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After playing with Lucario on Classic and Smash Run, I really like how he plays now! He feels a lot better to me and I'm having a blast playing with him, and I can't wait to try out his customs too when I get them.

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
Can someone please help me wrap my head around the game play? It's getting beyond frustrating. Can I actually combo or not? The defensive options in this game are absolutely ridiculous. Even the AI is able to air dodge everything or fsmash what seemed like OoS (whiffed fsmash of mine on accident so I could be punished).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If anyone ever wants to play some online, feel free to contact me. I'll do Lucario dittos or whatever other fun characters I can think of. Who knows, maybe I can help accidentally inspire someone...

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Lucario's new up-b is ridiculous. You can recover from ANY parts of stage... and I love it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A LUCARIO TOOK FIRST IN COLORADO'S FIRST 1 V 1 SMASH 4 TOURNAMENT.

AKA me. Sup.
I'd post more, but it's 3:30 in the morning. Just know, Lucario is super ****ing viable.
I'll post more in the morning and probably put up a results thread soon for others to post there results in, so ya'll do your parts repping our boy Luca in your own scenes. <3

Last edited:

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Been a while, Lucarios. Based on my impressions so far playing around on For Glory, it looks like I'll probably be turning coats to Shulk. Lucario's lingering hitboxes and range seem to be diminished by quite a bit. Even if he definitely seems to have gotten a fair bit more speed and power, it doesn't feel like my style anymore.

Then again, Lucario didn't immediately click for me in Brawl, either.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A LUCARIO TOOK FIRST IN COLORADO'S FIRST 1 V 1 SMASH 4 TOURNAMENT.

AKA me. Sup.
I'd post more, but it's 3:30 in the morning. Just know, Lucario is super ****ing viable.
I'll post more in the morning and probably put up a results thread soon for others to post there results in, so ya'll do your parts repping our boy Luca in your own scenes. <3
Nice job! I'm still trying to get used to his lack of easy combos, but I'm getting there. Too bad there's not much of a scene where I live. :ohwell:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I picked Lucario for the first time (as in, I haven't even tried training mode or solo smash with him yet) on FG, on a whim, during a rematch against a skilled Rosalina.

I won without losing a stock. He's really easy to get used to and very good this time around.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's safe to say EVERYONE has at some point. It's partly the 3DS control nub. Once the Wii U version comes out, hopefully there will be less death by I CAN'T CONTROL IT.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I actually have it turned off. The controls on the 3DS irk me too much. Trying to do a utilt? No, it reads as jump instead. Want to do a Smash attack? NOPE, you wanted a tilt instead.

Oh well, hopefully the rumors are true and the Wii U versions comes out Nov 21. How I miss you cstick for aerials...

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I went to an in-person smash 3DS tournament yesterday in Georgia(Notable players include TheReflexWonder and Player-1). It went alright. I got to play and talk to qutie a few people. It was great playing lucario against people who are in P2W mode.

A few things. I think Rosalina is going to be a real threat to lucario. The Galaxy effect cancels AS and the Flame portion of side-B. Also she is just weird to play against. The Luma stops pressure that can be applied by just shooting rouge AS. I also feel like her neutral game just counters Lucario, too early to tell for sure though.

Also the megaman MU needs to be treated with care. Megaman beat lucario at early percents. I felt like a sitting duck until my partially charged AS could cut through Neutral-B. Also AS goes through Fsmash, but does not cancel it. Also be careful when recovering vs. moves like Megamans Fsmash, part of the hitbox actually goes through the stage and when it exits you will be be low the tip of the regular FD(for reference).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom