• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask XIF About Peach Thread, because Cort is like 65 years old.

VA

Smash Hero
uthrow > uair on sheik (if she DI's forward) mid %'s

does this work or is it the sheik being dumb and not spamming nair/fair/timing a jump

I was using it a lot against in friendlies and you can get the second uair too if you connect the first on the right percents. It *****.

Also, I'm thinking peach is under rated, if you're aggressive enough with her you can really shut your opponents down. I <3 peach.

JFox

Smash Hero
in my experience, it's impossible to approach ganon without turnips, and once you hit him you can combo really well. Use dair for edgeguards when he goes low, and nair/bair if he recovers high.

Dop

Smash Journeyman
im not sure if this has been addressed or not
if it has someone should probably be a sweetheart and tell me where to some degree

what exactly is the timing/property/spacing/determining factor of hitting fox out of his firefox

i find pretty much all my aerials either **** or trade and i cant find out what exactly is causing it and thus feel like im just tossing a coin up in the air, hit or miss

plus i mean come on,
i gotta have my pops

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I have a hard time playing against jiggly puff as well, any suggestions?

Uh, and also, would it be more practical to FC nair to pressure a shield, or to DJC nair? It's hard to FC nairs consecutively. qq

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
l2lawnmower. fc nairs are freaking ridiculous.

afaik ganon v peach is definitely turnip heavy. the matchup goes close to even and usually boils down to whoever can combo the other more effectively.

peach v jiggs, from what i hear from mike g, ga peach, and xif is a dumb matchup. it's an all-aerial battle. you just have to be patient.

SleepyK

anyone who doubts the power of FC nairs, ask XIF about his invisible Nair. my god.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time playing against jiggly puff as well, any suggestions?

Uh, and also, would it be more practical to FC nair to pressure a shield, or to DJC nair? It's hard to FC nairs consecutively. qq
The match-up is mainly spacing/ racking up damage with turnips.
A good approach is running jump throw a turnip and while you're in the air begin your float.

If jiggs get's hit by the turnip, try to follow-up with fc'd nair or perhaps fair.
If she blocks you can try fc nair into d-smash or just fc nair then retreat.

Against jiggs that spam the **** out of back-air. I suggest shielding (obviously, lol) but then when you are sure it's going to come you can either do a retreating fair or try to fc nair out of shield. Cort has a some advice on the match up in his thread as well.

Don't get greedy with following up jiggs. Only hit her when you are sure she can't retaliate, ie. right after getting hit by a turnip.

Oh, and I just remembered. If you know jiggs is going to do that foward smash kick thing, block and fc-nair out of shield once it hits your shield. It's super laggy.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thanks for everyone's help!

Uh, I have another question though, this time about the marth match up. Uh, so the match up seems easy enough on paper (okay, maybe not that easy, but reasonable...kinda.) But I can't seem to get an opportunity to approach. The turnip -> FC aerial gets old really quickly, and all marth needs to do is swipe his sword at whatever you throw at him. QQ I donno.

Also, how should I be DIing when Marth his F throwing me over and over again? I DI away, I eat a tipper to the face, and if I DI towards, I get....cg'd more. I'm new to peach. >_>

MacD

2 opinions on how to fight marth

lol, JFox actually got to this by the time I saw it. I so was not paying attention, xD.

Anyway: >_> yeah, saying close to the ground is a viable method. I like to use really low Bairs (SHFFL'd ones are actually pretty useful) and get in good Nairs when I can. I also try to bait them by running away. Keeping a Turnip in hand is nice. (when I'm playing smart...when I'm not I get nervous and Dash attack/Dsmash a LOT -_-) Although...depending on the Marth you're playing...it's a different story.

1.) Wall of Fair/campy Marths tend to leave themselves open to turnip play.

2.) Aggro Marths REALLY leave themselves open for stupid things like Dash attacks and surprise Dsmashes.

3.) The other kind of Marth....a balanced Marth that gets Aggro and the surprisingly backs off...or vice-versa...they are my bigges problem. They really are just baiting you into that Utilt. That's my biggest downfall.

I think I'll let someone a bit more experienced in the Marth Matchup expound, though. My Marth matchup is horrid. Those are my opions based upon my own experiences and what worked/didn't work.
In the words of the best peach at the peach v marth matchup, the best thing to do is wait til marth makes the first move, then punish. Its all one big spacing game with marth. I mean think about it- anything he does on your shield can be punished without perfect spacing. He has no shield pressure game at all, so take advantage. Marth doesn't have a projectile, so there is absolutely no reason to get out-camped in this matchup. As long as marth is making the first move you can beat him. Peach is terrific at defensive play, so if u can make marth play offensively, the matchup gets much easier.

Avoid pulling dumb turnips- if you are caught pulling a turnip they will punish you with 40% usually, or a KO. When you do pull a turnip, dont use it to go on the offensive (as in don't do turnip fc nairs), instead use it to make them make a move. Also exploit marth's ledge play. Most marths are very repetitive about the way they get up off the ledge, so predict at capitalize. Stay on the ground- no float approaches ever. Just DD space and wait for marth to wiff fair. WD out of shield is also ridiculously good at punishing bad fsmash's.

JFox

Smash Hero
Thanks for everyone's help!

Uh, I have another question though, this time about the marth match up. Uh, so the match up seems easy enough on paper (okay, maybe not that easy, but reasonable...kinda.) But I can't seem to get an opportunity to approach. The turnip -> FC aerial gets old really quickly, and all marth needs to do is swipe his sword at whatever you throw at him. QQ I donno.

Also, how should I be DIing when Marth his F throwing me over and over again? I DI away, I eat a tipper to the face, and if I DI towards, I get....cg'd more. I'm new to peach. >_>
Literally the only thing you can do vs a good marth is don't let them grab you. If you let them grab, there's no safe DI. Only advice is if you do get grabbed, always DI off stage if possible. Most people instinctively throw you off stage, and if u get caught DI'ing in, you're gonna get ***** for it.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
getting tipper dash attacked from a fthrow is like gg. We should be talking about escaping the grab by shaking out of it since Marth has some gay **** against Peach from a grab at low percentage. I remember seeing somewhere/someone say you can DJL to a downsmash at some low percentage, but I doubt that'd work since grab > hitboxes but lol I thought the idea was cool, never really tried it.

Vs Marth you gotta hope they suck balls, then your good LOL. I play against Marths that do **** like tipper fair on my shield to dash away type of approach, and other gay **** techchasing and basically killing me when I'm trying to get up from the ledge.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
getting tipper dash attacked from a fthrow is like gg. We should be talking about escaping the grab by shaking out of it since Marth has some gay **** against Peach from a grab at low percentage. I remember seeing somewhere/someone say you can DJL to a downsmash at some low percentage, but I doubt that'd work since grab > hitboxes but lol I thought the idea was cool, never really tried it.

Vs Marth you gotta hope they suck balls, then your good LOL. I play against Marths that do **** like tipper fair on my shield to dash away type of approach, and other gay **** techchasing and basically killing me when I'm trying to get up from the ledge.
Lol, it sounds like we're playing the exact same person. :laugh:
When in reality, marth is just uber gay. :mad:

Top Bottom