• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Art Of Link*** Advanced Link Video Guide Made By Izaw

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yea I think so, Link seems to be the most advanced character atm :p, not sure tho.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Nope, Toon Link definitely has more. Lucas probably has more. ICs have more. Snake has more. Sadly, Link is far from having the most.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Great video man, props. Helped my Link like crazy. Loved the edgegaurding things.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
This video is great. I feel like a newb viewing it.

Which means you did an excellent job. hahahah.

*Gives a 5 star rating, favorites it*

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Question, I fail to see the improvement from using C down for dash attack than using normal A. Can I see some proof? Like a slow down comparison video like with the arrow cancel? Another one, aimed probably at Deva, I fail to see the speed difference when tapping back down during jab lock in order to have a faster 3rd strike follow up?

Ants

Smash Cadet
Question, I fail to see the improvement from using C down for dash attack than using normal A. Can I see some proof? Like a slow down comparison video like with the arrow cancel? Another one, aimed probably at Deva, I fail to see the speed difference when tapping back down during jab lock in order to have a faster 3rd strike follow up?
its supposed to get rid of the small running animation needed for when you do a dash attack using normal A. With the C down alternative you can go straight from standing position to a dash attack.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Btw, there should be some other small techs in there. Holding bomb until the explodes and shield, holding bomb to get a 2nd upb.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
The video was awesome, especially "Gale Guarding".
But I have one question. What is a good time to use the boomerang?
And what if I miss the ledge?

Do you have any tricks to counter Ice Climbers' chaingrabs, or any anti-Sonic Tricks?
My friends seem to win against me using those.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yeah well, no more linkin park. ever :p people seem to hate them. Also yeah my spelling is a little bit... messed up sometimes but hey , I live in sweden ;P.

Anyway thnx <3

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
First off, great tutorial. Link is one of my secondaries/play for fun characters and this guide has helped me to no end!

And then we come to the linkin park. *is almost finished cleaning the vomit*

And you might want to work on your spelling...? Maybe?
What the hell? Are you insane? Linkin park>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't listen Izaw. Your music taste is awesome, Numb is one of the best songs ever.

If you do use Linkin park in the future, prolly use something more "mellow" like "Leave out all the rest", mellower tracks tend to get hated on less.

Also that doing forward smash while holding the bomb is hard as hell.

I even did the DAC about 9 times, but I don't get the bombslash technique.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I could give you a tip to make F-smash with Bomb easier.

Set your R button to Attack. Then do B down + Hold R -> C forward, try it out, u'll get it ;).

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
I could give you a tip to make F-smash with Bomb easier.

Set your R button to Attack. Then do B down + Hold R -> C forward, try it out, u'll get it ;).
I can't do R, I'm to used to it. I'll try L.

So the EXACT same time I pull out the bomb, I hold attack, then while still holding attack, I press C forward?

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Yea that would be much easier with like L as attack. It seems impossible to hold A, B, and hit the c stick in midmatch.

Oh and that DAC technique is really something.

how in the world did you discover it?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Really good adv moves but Iwould like to watch then in action versus another human to see how good these techs work. Dont get me wrong most of these tech i found out alone but still was no match for MK, and some top character but the hookshot recovey and gale edgeguarding gave me hope so I think Ill continue practicing my Link altough I changed my main. So please Izaw post recent matches of you.

And Deva please dont get me wrong but the last vids I saw of your Link weren't convincing cause you spamed to much Dair on unsafe scenarios and grabs. But those vids were old if you have something new It wouldnt hurt to post them.

To both of you Keep up the good work.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
A lot of characters have the DAC.
Some characters don't slide much with it though.
I think Link is the second best one next to Snake, but I'm not completely sure.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yeah, Snake, then Link, then Shiek, then Wario, then Wolf, maybe not exact order, but their DAC is usefull too. Just need diffrent timing.

Top Bottom