• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE ANGRYEST BIRD: Red Bird FOR SMASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I decided, since Angry birds collection just came out on Wii and Wii U, why not make a thread for their red mascot?

He's become one of the most recognizable faces of gaming (weather you like it or not, i personally don't) and represents a new generation of iPod gamers (lol).

His moveset would clearly be launching himself forwards, and borrowing powers from the other birds, he makes for a... a fighter. since his games are all about launching him, he should be easily knocked around. even more than jigglypuff.

now that's over with, DISCUSS.

I am not responsible for any injury caused by facepalms, temple rubbing, or any similar sort of thing.

...why did I make this thread...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh lol, an Angry Bird thread...

I'm not exactly sure if I should support them, although I do like the games. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It'd be funny if the birds got in as an Assist Trophy, but I'm not sure if I like the sound of one of them being playable.
yeah me either. this was one of my oh-look-this-is-a-popular-game-and-now-it's-with-nintendo-I'm-going-to-make-a-thread-for-them threads. more like my only one but w/e

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry, but Angry Birds is getting no where near my Smash! Yes, he's from a game that saw huge commercial success, but all of those sales are based on casuals picking up the latest rehash of a Flash game. If Red Bird is getting in, please invite Captain Price and Reggie Fils-Aime.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sorry, but Angry Birds is getting no where near my Smash! Yes, he's from a game that saw huge commercial success, but all of those sales are based on casuals picking up the latest rehash of a Flash game. If Red Bird is getting in, please invite Captain Price and Reggie Fils-Aime.
I'm sorry. did I come off as legit when I made this thread? my bad.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. But w/e.

I worded my post to sound like it was addressing someone, my bad. I'm just dropping my opinion, that's all.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I predicted it! Somebody would make an Angry Birds thread! Score one for Weegee!

In all seriousness, it'd be funny if they got in. After all, they are pretty iconic. I think a while back I made a joke moveset. But it was really bad.

I guess you could say it sucked...

...eggs.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
When I read the title, I immediately started singing in my mind:

"He's the angriest bird you've ever heard.
He's the angry Nintendo bird.
He's the angry SEGA-ATARI nerd.
He's the angry, videogame, birrrrd."
:joyful:

Groose

Smash Champion

I have Angry Birds on my phone. Not a bad game, but not a great one. Nonetheless, the day they get into Smash is the day I'll stop wanting to live in this world.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was going to make this thread, but could not make a good moveset.
it's not too hard, especially if you take the other birds abilities, such as splitting into 3, flying really fast, blowing up, laying eggs, freezing, ETC.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I keep hearing about this game, but know absolutely nothing about it, since I am not really interested in those fancy mobiles people nowadays seem to be so obsessed with. I heard an orchestrated version of the Angry Birds theme song once and thought it was decent, but other than that I have not actually seen anything of the game(s). [Shrugs] I guess I will search for some footage on YouTube.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually haven't played Angry Birds on a mobile, only on a PC. (Handling them though a mouse allows for far more precision than touch controls.)

I do dislike how they keep rehashing the game, though.

Bad Piggies is better.:p

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that this is a joke thread but if they got in a SSB game period will be the day I will lose faith in humanity.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I keep hearing about this game, but know absolutely nothing about it, since I am not really interested in those fancy mobiles people nowadays seem to be so obsessed with. I heard an orchestrated version of the Angry Birds theme song once and thought it was decent, but other than that I have not actually seen anything of the game(s). [Shrugs] I guess I will search for some footage on YouTube.
I own a Droid Incredible and its a very nifty device. However, the mobile marketplace for games is abysmal over each platform. I can't believe these cheap penny-pushers are actually considered to have competition against the 3DS and Vita. -_-

Every game I've seen is poorly designed, doesn't provide a fulfilling experience, or rips off more successful games almost to shameful, plagiaristic levels (I dunno how many times I've seen knock-off Angry Birds or Temple Run characters.) Angry Birds rips off a Flash game, Crush the Castle. Then it monetizes it for cheap updates and power-ups along with a ******* breed of merchandise. Even a New Super Mario Bros. game does all the things games like Angry Birds fail to do. So I just don't consider it matching up in the SMASH BROTHERS PANTHEON!

The only mobile game I have interest in playing is Plants vs. Zombies 2, and others have tried to knock their formula off as well. It's relieving to know that there's at least one mobile developer who actually wants to do something unique and original.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I was gonna come here yesterday to make fun of this thread, but after hanging out with my friend, I saw the inconceivable amount of joy this franchise brings to little kids. My friend's little brother is always playing angry birds on my friend's android thingamajig and he's got a bunch of little angry birds toys. Personally I want the little flyin ******** away from smash but I usually don't think about the audience this game is targeted towards.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, at the end of the day, social and mobile gaming bring entertainment to people's lives. Nothing wrong in enjoying what you will, but there's a varying degree of taste and how tasteful something would be if applied to something else. That's where I stand with dem' birds. :/

Also, if Angry Birds aims at a family-friendly market, Nintendo's already got that in droves.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I could see the Birds as an Assist Trophy, but not a character.

Besides, they'd get jealous of King Dedede because unlike them, he can fly. (which is actually quite ironic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom