• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The angry mole: Mr. Resetti

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Bump again.
C'mon, Resetti's gotta have more discussion.

He's the enforcer of justice!

Even his music for the movie's soundtrack says so! (The track is called "Mr. Resetti: Man of Justice")

How would he not fit as a fighter?

D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I find that picture more terrifying then Amnesia: The Dark Descent?
No, it's natural to fear Resetti....
You see that Reset Button over there? Go ahead. Push it if you'd like....:troll:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Man, this thread needs a revamp.
I guess I'll help by making a move set.

Will post move set shortly.
(Can I take over this thread?)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Move set done! Mr Resetti's moveset revolves around most of his dialogue as an assist trophy on Brawl. He's also kind of a joke character, to be honest.

A: A sideways slash of the pickaxe. Hit's only in front of Resetti.
AA: Resetti thrashes his head upward, yelling.

UpA: Resetti waves his pickaxe above him, raging. Kind of a laggy ending, but it lasts a while.

SideA: Resetti slaps a bit of dirt in front of himself. Hits in front, above, and below Resetti. Also has a 2.5/100 chance to pitfall the opponent.

DownA: Resetti raises his hand and slaps a sock against the ground. Brings aerial opponents to the ground.

UpAir: Resetti flips, hitting with his pickaxe.

ForwardAir: Resetti raises his arms with a wet shirt in hand and slaps in front of himself.

NormalAir: Resetti spins, and his towel spins around him. A multi-hitting attack.

BackAir: Resetti slams his pickaxe behind himself.

DownAir: Resetti tosses a small siren from the Reset Center down. Acts like Mega man's Hard Knuckle, minus the meteor smash effect. Instead, if it hits grounded opponent, it briefly stuns them.

B- "SCRAM!!": A chargable move, Resetti screams out "SCRAM!!" In a huge text box. (Kind of like Phoenix Wright's Hold It in MvC3) If used continuously, Resetti will get tired and catch his breath for a brief second.

UpB- Fancy Jumping: Resetti springs up, and pulls a muscle. In agony, Resetti screams as he rockets skyward. He also kicks his feet back and forth like Yoshi.

ForwardB- Impersonations: Resetti Prime Time Tonight! Resetti will impersonate one of the people on the stage. Resetti's text box will have the effect of either the copied's UpB grounded or normal B.

DownB-KA-BLAM!: Resetti yells, and two small explosions surround our mole. If used continuously more than three times, Resetti will start to hurt himself as well.

Final Smash- NO RESETTIN!: The screen goes black, then the lights return with a flash. Resetti rages at the sight of a reset, and screams, "THATS IT, THE PATIENCE METER IS OFFICALLY EMPTY!" Resetti then grows to a enormous size and slams his pickaxe around himself twice. Afterwards, Resetti shrinks back to regular size.

Taunt1: Resetti flails his arms and head around.
Taunt2: Resetti phases into his hole, then pops out with a pokerface.
Taunt3: Resetti takes out an official Reset Center notepad and jots down all of the combatant's names. He then says, "YER MARKED FER LIFE!"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's a great moveset. I like his specials in particular.

I wanted to see a move where he goes underground, though. What do you think?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
That's a great moveset. I like his specials in particular.

I wanted to see a move where he goes underground, though. What do you think?
Thanks! Always happy to shine more light on Resetti.
I considered that, but I felt Muddy Mole was more suited for the digging thing. I did consider his down special to be a move where he digs underground then pops up raging, though. Couldn't resist the explosions from Brawl, unfortunately.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
His dodge roll should be going underground and coming back up above ground. (it would probably have to be one of the fastest animation in the game though)

Groose

Smash Champion
I doubt we'll be getting TWO Animal Crossing characters, but he's the logical second choice, now. Personally, I'd love to main this guy, but I think we'll have to wait until Smash 5.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Yep. I'd say there's actually a small list of contenders for the second spot. I'd say its;

-Mr. Resetti
-Tom Nook
-Kappn
-K.K. Slider
-Abel Sisters
-Blathers

I'd say Resetti, Nook, and K.K are battling for the second spot now. Luckily, Resetti has the advantage of being an Assist Trophy in Brawl, if that can be considered a plus.
(Blathers, Kappn, and Abel Sisters are there because they are reoccurring, though I don't think they have a chance until MAYBE smash 5 or 6.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yep. I'd say there's actually a small list of contenders for the second spot. I'd say its;

-Mr. Resetti
-Tom Nook
-Kappn
-K.K. Slider
-Abel Sisters
-Blathers

I'd say Resetti, Nook, and K.K are battling for the second spot now. Luckily, Resetti has the advantage of being an Assist Trophy in Brawl, if that can be considered a plus.
(Blathers, Kappn, and Abel Sisters are there because they are reoccurring, though I don't think they have a chance until MAYBE smash 5 or 6.)
Rover has too much swag for that list.

No Control

Smash Apprentice

-Mr. Resetti
-Tom Nook
-Kappn
-K.K. Slider
-Abel Sisters
-Blathers

I'd cut that list down to:

1. Tom Nook
2. Mr. Resetti
3. KK Slider

Those are the only ones really iconic enough to make it as characters IMO.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
That art, of him out of his hole...

It's suspiciously Smash Bros.-esque...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
We haven't seen Mr. Resetti as a Assist yet. Not to say that means he isn't one, but we now know it cannot be Tom Nook. I believe he has a chance. We need to revamp this thread and get him back up to popularity.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It's true, somehow he's survived the Great Direct Massacre of 2014, and even before and after that. I think he's probably the only viable contender for a Second AC Rep left... wasn't K.K. Slider disconfirmed too?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I feel like we can make a better move set than the one on the front page. No offense to the person who made that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom