• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The age old debate is finally settled once and for all - Sheik is a chick

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I thought that debate ended a long time ago :/. Maybe I'm just not in the loop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought that debate ended a long time ago :/. Maybe I'm just not in the loop.
Nah, people have been debating it for the longest, and there are still people willing to dismiss this statement because "blublubluh Bill don't know jack", when the opposite would be true, since Bill is close to Miyamoto. He's been his translator for years, after all.

I never understood why people thought she was male, though. After a while, I started referring to Sheik by gender neutral terms as much as I could to save myself from anyone jumping on top of me over it. I've always thought she was a woman though, since she's just Zelda in disguise. The entire disguise is possible IRL without magic.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Did people really not see this cutscene? It made things pretty clear, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It's not 'official' until Shigeru Miyamoto release a video stating it. No one cares about his translator even if he's from Nintendo as Shigeru Miyamoto intent at the time is all that really matters.

...By the way, Sheik is a girl.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not 'official' until Shigeru Miyamoto release a video stating it. No one cares about his translator even if he's from Nintendo as Shigeru Miyamoto intent at the time is all that really matters.

...By the way, Sheik is a girl.
Bill Trinen is friends with Miyamoto, he would know about this sort of thing. Also, it's not the first time Nintendo has called her a girl, even Eiji Aonuma did once...which begs the question of why people are even still in denial about it.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This is still an official statement from Nintendo, but I'm sure someone is going to go crazy about it still. If people believed that she could become a man with her magical prowess, couldn't it also be possibly to easily augment her already present physical body??

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Bill Trinen is friends with Miyamoto, he would know about this sort of thing. Also, it's not the first time Nintendo has called her a girl, even Eiji Aonuma did once...which begs the question of why people are even still in denial about it.
Two reasons
1. Magic has no limits
2. In the manga Sheik was male (or so I hear claimed)

Personally I prefer Sheik to be a girl but a very buffy one.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Two reasons
1. Magic has no limits

Sheik is still just Zelda in the manga, and therefore, female:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like there will be sexy pics of Shiek later on for some reason

Last edited:

Farorae

Smash Ace
Haha I never understood why people argued it. Sheik=Zelda, Zelda=girl, therefore sheik=girl. The only semi-decent argument is that she used magic to change her gender but honestly that never made much sense IMO.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
This kinda makes me wonder if there are people who think that Samus becomes a man when she's in her power suit.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
To be more specific, Bill Trinen is Miyamoto's personal translator so if he says something like that, it probably came from Miyamoto himself. No point in questioning WOD now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The trophy information for Sheik in Brawl clearly states her as female as well.

Personally, I never got the "male" idea. Did those claiming Sheik's a guy ever look at Sheik in-game? Sheik does not look masculine. This is coming from a Fire Emblem fan who has never mistaken Marth for a girl. Sheik looks like a girl.

I didn't clue in to the Zelda disguise immediately on my first playthrough, but I never got the impression that Sheik was supposed to be a guy. Disguise fail, Zelda.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
"This is coming from a Fire Emblem fan who has never mistaken Marth for a girl. Sheik looks like a girl."

I knew Marth and Roy before Fire Emblem came to the West but have never mistaken Marth for a girl either. :p And I also thought Sheik was a man for a long time, but I had converted myself to the truth of female gender long before Trinen's official announcement.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It actually kind of irritates me when people say Sheik is a man.... especially in her Brawl/Melee/Smash 4 appearance she's too feminine looking to be a man. She even has a female voice for a grunt. I mean look at her legs...

"Well, Link looks like a girl too..."

^ Not good enough anymore... not. good. enough.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
It actually kind of irritates me when people say Sheik is a man.... especially in her Brawl/Melee/Smash 4 appearance she's too feminine looking to be a man. She even has a female voice for a grunt. I mean look at her legs...

"Well, Link looks like a girl too..."

^ Not good enough anymore... not. good. enough.

Yo man I don't know what kind of girls you've been hanging out with but most girls I know definitely do not look like that.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Yo man I don't know what kind of girls you've been hanging out with but most girls I know definitely do not look like that.
People say that online.

Anyways, I can't believe that this 'debate' was going on still. Zelda = Female so Sheik= Female. Even so, look at the name. Sheik. (I know a name doesn't prove much, but hey).

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Two reasons
1. Magic has no limits

3. They refuse to let got of their "bishie" that will never be. But with the news of Sheik being separately playable...
4. The masculine design she was given in the original game, which was dropped for the remake to properly show her as a girl in drag, yet some people refuse to acknowledge that. And even some who do insist that Nintendo "retconned" her physical sex, or that it's an "alternate universe". *facepalm*
Sheik is still just Zelda in the manga, and therefore, female:
But with the mind of a boy for seven years, which from a point of view, sounds a bit sexist, because instead of facing her problems by herself like she did in the game, she voluntarily put herself to sleep to let a "male" consciousness do the dirty job for her. And that is not a very good portrayal, if you ask me.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
For people who doubt the word of Bill Trinen. He's the head TRANSLATOR of Ocarina of Time.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
*Coughs awkwardly* I believe it all comes down to personal preference, really...I know Sheik is a girl...but...I do prefer to think of Sheik as a man...and don't even think about grouping me in with whiny fangirls who believe Sheik is a man just to fulfil their Yaoi fantasies...I'm a Yaoi fangirl and all, but still...

...Please don't hurt me.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
*Coughs awkwardly* I believe it all comes down to personal preference, really...I know Sheik is a girl...but...I do prefer to think of Sheik as a man...and don't even think about grouping me in with whiny fangirls who believe Sheik is a man just to fulfil their Yaoi fantasies...I'm a Yaoi fangirl and all, but still...

...Please don't hurt me.
Because you obviously refuse to accept the fact that you've been swooning over a girl character all this time? And don't say you don't want to be grouped with those whiny fangirls, because with said delusions and mentality, you're obviously asking for it anyway, so stop.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Because you obviously refuse to accept the fact that you've been swooning over a girl character all this time? And don't say you don't want to be grouped with those whiny fangirls, because with said delusions and mentality, you're obviously asking for it anyway, so stop.
I'm afraid you've misread my post, because I clearly stated that I know that Sheik is a girl. Delusions? Mentality? Really? Wow. Pretty sure that'd I'd know my current mental state and if I was delusional or not. I don't need someone else, a complete stranger on the internet, to place those assumptions on me. So, please stop. Kudos for sharing your opinion, though. :)

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone here cares, but I thought I should post it here anyway.
YES!! I'm so happy! Thank you sonicbrawler! After viewing this thread I thought my childhood was going to be ruined, I've loved sheik since i first played LoZ ocarina of time.

Top Bottom