• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "8-Player" Debate

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
...and 4 gamecube paddles.
paddles? haha!

i could see them doing an 8-player mode, although one of my concerns would be where would they display stock + percentages? either shrinking them to fit 8 in one row or putting 4 on bottom and 4 on top, or anything, would make a bad display (either too small to see or too much screen covered).

suggestions?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh yeah... They'd probably shrink them. They are a bother though, I hope they don't block stuff as much as they used too.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I don't see how this is a debate at all... the screen would be much too busy to keep track of eight fighters, and too cluttered to clearly display the percentage data for everyone. Yes, I'm sure they COULD do it, if they wanted to, and they COULD have made eight-man split-screen co-op for Halo 2 if they thought it would be a good idea. But these are professional game developers, and they know where to draw the line between fun and excess. If there's eight players in Brawl, I'll eat my shirt, but short of seeing it in a video I don't think any argument can convince me.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd say 6 player at most, but that's still be pushing it. They did 6 player in the multiman melee mode in SSBM and there's a way to make SSBM 6 player with action replay so it's not impossible.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Well there are only four ports for the gamecube controller. So I will say it will be the same as Melee with four characters but online..it could be 6-8 characters. So who knows I would love to have a eight man match haha be insane.

Top Bottom