• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 6 Blank Spaces on the Website

Durinthal

Smash Rookie
It means they have too many characters announced to fit on one page but not enough for three.

nessokman

Smash Lord
In the upcoming weeks, there will be more reveals. While this doesn't necessarily mean that there are only 18 characters, it could meen more relatively soon. They will expand thee website as more are announced

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
On the mobile version of the site, that bar is smaller so there are three pages, and three blank slots instead of six. It really doesn't mean anything, except that we will get more characters, which is already pretty obvious.

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
On the desktop website, the character list at the bottom has 9 slots per page:

On the mobile website, it's 5 slots per page:

Assuming the last page won't have empty slots once all characters have been revealed, it follows that the total character count must be divisible by both 9 and 5.

Therefore, I predict 45 characters:
5 pages of 9 characters on the desktop site
9 pages of 5 characters on the mobile site

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Assuming the last page won't have empty slots once all characters have been revealed, it follows that the total character count must be divisible by both 9 and 5.

Meh, don't over-analyze.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
it's an interesting thought, but I don't see them adding that many characters

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
45 is actually what should be expected i mean this game has 35

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
See this is why they should use question marked boxes instead of blank spaces - it would be one less thing for people to bore into. But I like Iampiaio's train of thought. It's certainly logical, but there's no guarantee Nintendo will make it that even.

Hello.

Smash Cadet
It's an interesting thought but I think you're looking into it WAY too much. Even when they announce all the characters, there is still the chance that not all the slots will be filled.

It means they have too many characters announced to fit on one page but not enough for three.
^ This, pretty much.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman

My head hurts. LOL

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman

Well, I don't think they are aiming for the mobile and desktop page amount. Maybe the desktop version...

I think a good amount of characters would be 35. Since the game is going to be somewhat custimizible

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There were 7 slots until WFT took one of em. There's 6 now. Remember the e3 thing, trailer, and Smash Bros site was shown just yesterday, so give em time to add plenty more updates and boxes as time goes by. All the time and updates, fellow smashers, so might as well get used to playing The Waiting Game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think a good amount of characters would be 35. Since the game is going to be somewhat custimizible
That'd require for them to remove a good chunk of characters from Brawl's roster to make way for the newcomers, that would be absolutely terrible. Also, what part of the game is somewhat customizible?

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
From just glancing at the pattern of the website layout I at the very least expect one more newcomer reveal sometime, other than that I'll leave the slot theory crafting to you guys :3

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
The format and the coding on the site definitely suggests some more character reveals very soon, Its just a matter of time. Its just nerve-wracking waiting for who the new characters will be.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This did worry me... Although I'm finding it way too hard to believe that six more slots are all of the characters left in the game. Maybe it's the amount of characters he plans to reveal before release? =/

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
No way, there are definitely a lot more characters there to be revealed. There is only 6 slots up there right now, but that's not to say that they are going to add more pages later on as the months roll along. I mean they are just formatting the page to be really clean and crisp in its progressions. So yeah there will definitely be more characters than just 18, if that were the case I think the entire fanbase would rage beyond comprehension.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't think it means anything. You are far too much reading into something useless to consider.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
That'd require for them to remove a good chunk of characters from Brawl's roster to make way for the newcomers, that would be absolutely terrible. Also, what part of the game is somewhat customizible?

Terrible? I know plenty of Brawl characters i wouldn't mind to get rid of!
Fewer people, more skill and custimuzation. Sounds good right? MORE COMBOS!!!

For some reason i feel like MM's meteor smash will become OP...

@Wariofan1: I believe it came from Wikipedia/SmashWiki. Not that they are always correct but I favor what they've stated and thats why I want it to be true.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
If anybody remembers when the Dojo first opened for Brawl, the set-up was very similar. A little list at the bottom of the screen showing characters. The site was updated later once more characters were confirmed, not to mention pages for other features like stages and items, so it's likely the Dojo will do the same this time as well.

Yogibur

Smash Cadet
Speaking of the old dojo did anybody like download the whole page? Cus its getting taken down

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Definitely a good ammount of characters to look forward to.
Considering not all Melee/Brawl characters will return, there'll probably be more than 10 new surprises.

I do wonder about the remaining 6 slots, however. Hope those are revealed soon.

Top Bottom