• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Of course you put up that old vid, but not the one where I four stocked your Falco. Stop being such a !%@$ and please upload that video. It'll be great for this thread :chuckle:
your vcr destroyed that match as we both know. I would gladly upload if said match still existed :)

Cero

Smash Lord
Ok. I added your matches. Nice f-smashes btw. :)

Just wondering.

Most people would like their names being advertised on the title.

Or, at least I think they do.

It doesn't matter how famous you are. I'll still put your name up on the title if you want.

Cero

Smash Lord
I know how.

Just for reference, this is how you do it. Just put this in the back of any YouTube url:

"#t=XXmXXs"

The first set of "XX"'s are replaced by the number of minutes into the video and the same goes for the second set of "XX"'s for the seconds.

So, say you want to start the video at 3:30.

You'd write the url normally and then add: "#t=3m30s".

Oh, and wtf? Gimpyfish still plays?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
dont get me wrong, everyone likes seeing their name up in lights, me included, but idk, for people who are just finding the thread for the first time id think theyre more likely to click the link if M2K and Zhu's name is there instead of Reneblade and Biz

and yeah, my marth is bad, i f-smash and try to look flashy (ken combos, m2k ****) but i usually fail at the flashy stuff so its just fsmashes.

edit

also i think its kinda funny that my main isnt on here, just other characters that i play occasionally play i get 4stocks with.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
dont get me wrong, everyone likes seeing their name up in lights, me included, but idk, for people who are just finding the thread for the first time id think theyre more likely to click the link if M2K and Zhu's name is there instead of Reneblade and Biz

and yeah, my marth is bad, i f-smash and try to look flashy (ken combos, m2k ****) but i usually fail at the flashy stuff so its just fsmashes.

edit

also i think its kinda funny that my main isnt on here, just other characters that i play occasionally play i get 4stocks with.
that's cuz falcon's learning curve is f***in crazy.

I know what you mean. I can play a lot of other charcters better than falcon even though i practice with falcon the most and know his moves in and out. It's weird.

I know how.

Just for reference, this is how you do it. Just put this in the back of any YouTube url:

"#t=XXmXXs"

The first set of "XX"'s are replaced by the number of minutes into the video and the same goes for the second set of "XX"'s for the seconds.

So, say you want to start the video at 3:30.

You'd write the url normally and then add: "#t=3m30s".

Oh, and wtf? Gimpyfish still plays?
Cool, thanks. That's helpful to know.

Cero

Smash Lord
Ummm... I want to say that lasers don't count buttt...

Sorry, lasers count. If it isn't 0%, it's not a JV.

Good **** though, Moose. :)

Lol. DIEEE!!! :chuckle:

Cero

Smash Lord
*shrug*

Sorry, no dice. I'm getting tired of reshaping all of my self-proclaimed rules to make everyone happy.

Just record yourself 4 stocking some n00b if you want to get on my thread so bad.
(Or, record a really cool combo that you pulled off in a match. I just made a new section for stuff like that: "Miscellaneous", 3rd in the OP. :bee:)

Mimorox

Smash Cadet
a little while ago there was a small tournament held in penn state, where I go to college. Theres a small smash community here and some people wanted to hold an event. There were only 8 people that entered singles, but 2 of those were cactuar and pakman, good friends of one of the people here at penn state. I played some friendlies with cactuar, and it really reminded me of this thread. I didn't know how incredibly hard it is to hold your own at the top level, and I have a lot of new respect for what the best players out there can do. I took a stock off cactuar here and there, but it was really humbling getting destroyed so badly.

there aren't any videos of me vs him, otherwise I'd post them here, but I just thought I'd post anyway :p

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
woah some1 other than me posted a link to one of my vids, im getting that warm and fuzzy feeling right now.

edit

yeah an, and whenever we have a crew battle, my name is gonna go on the LEFT side of a link to a crew vid stock streak.

Cero

Smash Lord
Yep.

And, that was the only episode of True Life I've ever watched. :laugh:

The same goes for that one season of Survivor where Ken was in it.

Yeah, I don't watch that much tv.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yep.

And, that was the only episode of True Life I've ever watched. :laugh:

The same goes for that one season of Survivor where Ken was in it.

Yeah, I don't watch that much tv.
doh gawd, i wanna see that episode again :D

Cero

Smash Lord
Good ****, Reneblade.

And, lol. I'm flattered. :)

You really think this thread is worthy of a sticky?

I mean... I wouldn't be apposed to a sticky... *wink* :laugh:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
aboslutely, this thread is 100% sticky worthy.
They should be pimping this thread on the main page.
I cant believe a mod didnt come up with this idea and is running it to be honest.
In a game as redonkulous as melee, this thread should be THE MOST VIEWED thread on the boards.

Cero

Smash Lord
Why, thank you.

I believe the mods will know if this thread is worthy of being upgraded into a sticky.

Maybe, if this thread gets more attention, it'll be considered. :)

Cero

Smash Lord
Lol. You didn't have to take it so hard on yourself.
You even said you were hella tired and all...

That said, good attempt. It would have been nice if that d-air connected.

But, if possible, I'd like to only put vids of successful combos... Or, if they're flubs, they've got to be really funny and/or ridiculous (i.e. involving Captain Falcon). :bee:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
gotcha.
im about to put together a vid dedicated to yoshis story. I got about a half hour of footage left to pour over, then i gotta put it together, it might be done by tonight.

Top Bottom