• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
When people said "Pools is going to be a bloodbath", I didn't take that to mean ZeRo, Larry and ANTi were already gonna be in Losers before Top 96.
The top 2 seeds (ZeRo and Leo) are in losers in pools.

What

Is

This

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Well so most if not all of team zero's heavy hitters is in losers. Maybe that crew battle may not be so free after all?

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
And now we're getting Pink Fresh vs Komo in Pools?

Man I don't think anything is wrong with this seeding but some of these early encounters feel like testaments to how stacked this tourney is.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I'm so happy this tournament I should living up to the hype. And we aren't even done with pools. Idek how we will survive the rest.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
HIKARU vs. Konga pool final lol

HIKARU has a legit shot at top 32 right now

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Marth is really having the worst day here. Does anyone know how is Pugwest is doing? because every other notable Marth main is now either out or in Losers now

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Shaky :4ness: 2-1 Saj :4bayonetta2:

Pugwest is still in winners, plays Elegant for top 96

Last edited:

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
Nairo :4zss: 2-0 Scizor :4link:. Disappointing since zss is one of links best top tier matchups but at the sane time the skill gap between scizor and nairo is also very noticable.

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
well I called that

EU needs to fix themselves up tbh
It's more of the MU being surprisingly hard for Wario. He has next to no answers to Shulks range has no answer to Buster aerials, especially bair. This is more of the MU being a bigger factor than the fact that he's from Europe.

D

Deleted member

It's more of the MU being surprisingly hard for Wario. He has next to no answers to Shulks range has no answer to Buster aerials, especially bair. This is more of the MU being a bigger factor than the fact that he's from Europe.
Not to mention Gluttony has previously lost to M.

Kome :4shulk: > Ryo :4myfriends:
Damn, Shulk's really taking names here isn't he?

Last edited by a moderator:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Felix :4fox:(AZ #6) over 6wx:4sonic:

Honestly, i cannot contain my excitment rn for AZ. finally they get to prove how strong of a region they really are.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Lycan:4diddy:2-1Dath:4robinf: and is now in winners Top 96

Hackoru:4mario:>TLTC:4palutena:(Eliminated)

Tony Sherbert :rosalina:> Rich Brown:4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Elegant completely destroyed Pugwest, good lord

Marth wishing right now that he never got out of bed today. He is getting eaten alive this tournament.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
By far the best smash 4 tournament I've ever seen (and I watch quite a bit), and it's only pools!
Congrats to the players and organizers!

AusJJV

Smash Rookie
NNID
bowjacashle
3DS FC
0516-7571-4084
And now we have MKLeo and K9 to simply play for losers top 96.

Wow.

D

Deleted member

>Meteor beats MKLeo
>proceeds to lose to Link after

this tournament is cool and nice

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This was disgusting too. Elegant is a monster.
Course i missed my favorite player's match...(tied with Aba) I expected Elegant to destroy destroy Pug. Elegant has been destroying or just barely losing to virtually everyone. He's just too good to lose to Pug when he's pulling punches with MK Leo and Ally.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I haven't been able to watch yet, but did Leo do the same thing he always does vs Ryu? Like, respecting him too much at the wrong times, not punishing bad jump ins, etc?

Also, Losers side Larry is my favorite Larry. Looking forward to finely controlled stomping out of desperation.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to watch yet, but did Leo do the same thing he always does vs Ryu? Like, respecting him too much at the wrong times, not punishing bad jump ins, etc?

Also, Losers side Larry is my favorite Larry. Looking forward to finely controlled stomping out of desperation.
Meteor is an SOnic, not Ryu

EDIT: Remzi:4zss:> Tyrant:4metaknight:

Last edited:
Top Bottom