• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
If Larry wins this, the Top 8 will consist of 8 completely unique characters.

Wew.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Can we appreciate Dabuz for doing the unthinkable and staying consistent even in this hot mess of a tournament?

Can we also appreciate Larry for making it this far when he lost in pools?

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Well, first, Dabuz is becoming a monster. Those Rosa dittos were savage.

Also, I called this back in the first few pages, but Loser's-bracket Larry is da bes.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
larry 1- kirihara 3

Impressive stufff by larry but he couldnt get past kirihara

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Larry's out?

GUYS
HIKARU is the only player who could give Fatality a bit of trouble.
Fatality could actually win Civil War, or at least get to GFs.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Hikaru is in a bit of a tough spot. Going against Kirihara first spells danger since he already got sent to Losers in a dominant fashion by Aba's pocket Rosa. Going up against a main is going to be much harder.

The most interesting bracket outcome would be if CaptainZack beats Dabuz, mostly because it'd avoid a Rosalina ditto as our Grand Finals.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Captain Zack's Bayo is really the last unfavorable MU for Rosa, at least according to Dabuz's MU chart.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Hikaru is in a bit of a tough spot. Going against Kirihara first spells danger since he already got sent to Losers in a dominant fashion by Aba's pocket Rosa. Going up against a main is going to be much harder.

The most interesting bracket outcome would be if CaptainZack beats Dabuz, mostly because it'd avoid a Rosalina ditto as our Grand Finals.

It is very possible. Zack has manhandled Dabuz's Rosa and forced him to go Olimar before, and Zack as been almost at dominant here at Civil War as Dabuz.

If it ends up being Zack and HIKARU in GF's, they should start with a Dance off before the match, lets Dance Boys vs the DK Rap!!! lol

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Realistically, Dabuz is the favorite, so the winner of the tourney will obviously be T.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
WHAT ON EARTH WERE THOSE 1ST 2 STOCKS. 1 AFTER ANOTHER 5 SECONDS LATER!

Fenny

Smash Ace
btw NairWizard NairWizard

I gotta say, doesn't this tourney kinda make it apparent that you can play just about whoever you want as long as they have enough exploitable tools?

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
btw NairWizard NairWizard

I gotta say, doesn't this tourney kinda make it apparent that you can play just about whoever you want as long as they have enough exploitable tools?
No, lol, not at all.

As hype and awesome as this is (this man Locus is making me want to main Ryu), it's one tournament. One.

don't forget that Megaman got 2nd at EVO

and then (almost) never did anything notable again once people learned the matchup

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm almost just as shocked that something normal happened then I would be if the upset had happened.

Fenny

Smash Ace
No, lol, not at all.

As hype and awesome as this is (this man Locus is making me want to main Ryu), it's one tournament. One.

don't forget that Megaman got 2nd at EVO

and then (almost) never did anything notable again once people learned the matchup
You can't exactly get used to characters who can consistently kill you below 70-80% but fair enough rofl

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Ah ok, that sounds about right. I thought he was in high school.

So with HIKARU and Zack, that is 2 players 18 or under in the top 8 at the biggest Smash 4 competition ever

It looks like the young blood is starting to take over this game..

Last edited:
Top Bottom