• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@Kef You could always run a virtual machine if you really can't get it to work under WINE.

Last edited:

Jordan

Smash Rookie
my 20xx is weird, it does normal boot up the debug menu doesnt work i dont have all chars unlocked? any tips im on dolphin tw
Same problem, I'm not sure what's wrong, but debug mode goes to tournament mode and I don't ahve all the characters unlocked. If a file is misplaced, where should it be placed?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Same problem, I'm not sure what's wrong, but debug mode goes to tournament mode and I don't ahve all the characters unlocked. If a file is misplaced, where should it be placed?
You put start.dol in the root folder, it needs to go in the &&systemdata folder.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Was there a way to turn off Marth's differentiated sword trails in-game (without modifying the files)?

Last edited:

SlinkySmash

Smash Rookie
For some reason adding tags has glitched out for me, and whenever I try to add a new name it doesn't work.

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
For some reason adding tags has glitched out for me, and whenever I try to add a new name it doesn't work.
I guess you could try just building a fresh version of 20XX and trying again. whenever stuff like this happens, just try that because it works most of the time. its always I always just keep another regular version of 20XX that isn't touched in my computer.

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
So I'm using Mac and I downloaded everything, but I'm stuck at step 6. I can't find the .iso file (which is on my Desktop) when I do open image. Nothing on my computer shows up. Can someone help me out?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
This might have been answered before, but when ever I go to practice mode and set the CPU to Human, it still acts on it's own.
Does this have something to do with what port is the 20XX one? Is this a Spoof controller?
Can I swap that port to say port 3 and have the CPU act normally in training mode?

Also, when is the predictable tech and DI coming? I can't wait to play around with that! I have been trying to make the CPU DI er certain way each time, but with no luck.
@achilles1515

Last edited:

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
I was looking for this question on this thread, but I couldn't find it, so here it is: Will Achilles update 20XX with the ability to save replays, or will Dan just keep that code for his own version of 20XX?

Last edited:

Br0h

Smash Rookie
If I replaced the 20XX iso with another gc game would it still work?

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
I can't find my Melee iso in GCR. I'm using wine to run GCR if that matters.

EDIT: Im an idiot. Found it.

Last edited:

NackJicholson

Smash Rookie
NNID
NackJicholson
Yes. I will (already have).

My computer just randomly does that sometimes. I blame my graphics card for being flaky, but idk what the real problem is. It shouldn't matter what the name of the file is.

It will be nice. I could put the ledge dash one in there in 2 seconds because I already have it written, but I want to make it more customizable so you can make frame counters for whatever you want. This should be the last new code I will be adding to this release. And hopefully, I will get to working on it today.

Just that code and then buttoning up a few loose ends.

I'm not too concerned about this at the moment.

you could definitely do this. Instead of loading the normal stage music, this code pulls a song ID from a custom table of IDs that is inserted into the DOL and plays that song instead. I'm not sure if changing the dimensions of the table (so completely removing a song ID) would mess it up, because if it pulls an ID that is not a song it will freeze. But you should be totally safe to just swap out an ID of a song you don't like to one that you do. I'll give you more details on how to do this later.

(Sham Rock wrote that code, which is why I am unsure about the table dimensions thing).
would this be hard to do? I really don't understand what you explained but i would be willing to learn, there's a few songs I would like to not play

Br0h

Smash Rookie
I dont understand that question at all. What would still work? Your wii? Dolphin?
If I went into the "Games" folder and replaced it with another iso would it play normally on Wii?

Last edited:

divekicked

Smash Cadet
If I went into the "Games" folder and replaced it with another iso would it play normally on Wii?
I think the confusion comes from wanting to replace it, it should work with any method and you won't need to replace anything (unless you need to make room on a usb/sd). once it's an iso it should work fine with dolphin/nintendont/other methods that support iso.

Stom

Smash Rookie
If I want to replace the skins that are in the second slot (When you push L on the particular colour), what files do I replace? Looking between the files present in a normal Melee iso and the 20XX iso I couldn't find any new files that aren't in the origjnal, so what files = Goku Fox, C9 Fox, Camouflage Fox, etc (same goes for the Falco alternates)

CeLL

Smash Lord
If I want to replace the skins that are in the second slot (When you push L on the particular colour), what files do I replace? Looking between the files present in a normal Melee iso and the 20XX iso I couldn't find any new files that aren't in the origjnal, so what files = Goku Fox, C9 Fox, Camouflage Fox, etc (same goes for the Falco alternates)
First post.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
So I'm using Mac and I downloaded everything, but I'm stuck at step 6. I can't find the .iso file (which is on my Desktop) when I do open image. Nothing on my computer shows up. Can someone help me out?
Sometimes things don't show up (especially if you're using a GCM). Just type in the name of the ISO in the appropriate text field (under the display) instead of looking for it on the display thing.

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
Sometimes things don't show up (especially if you're using a GCM). Just type in the name of the ISO in the appropriate text field (under the display) instead of looking for it on the display thing.
This worked for me, thanks!

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Probably something to do with Dolphin's mem card emulation, make sure you have no mem cards being emulated.

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
Any chance in the next version of 20xx we could get a setting or mode where the CPUs do not DI at all but still tech and recover? It would be REALLY REALLY helpful for people trying to learn the original trajectory of moves. Id love you forever if this was implemented.

Dizee

Smash Rookie
So I have this downloaded on my mac, and the stage select has the colors around some of the courses, but does not have any of the new stages. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

divekicked

Smash Cadet
If you don't mind me asking, what new stages do you plan on including in 4.0? One of my favorite things about 20XX is the new stages/select screen. Also do you plan on having the adventure stages (mushroom kingdom/hyrule maze) complete/working by 4.0 or is that something for a later version?

Kizuna

Smash Rookie
http://puu.sh/hQaeY/8fd22b5b59.png Error when getting sent back to start screen upon leaving Debug Menu. Everything works fine but attempting to change settings and getting sent back to start crashes me 100% of the time. I've tried rebuilding the ISO, using multiple versions of Dolphin, anyone got advice?

Top Bottom