• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

CeLL

Smash Lord
I figured as much, but does the fact that the original space was a trophy file have anything to do with it? Like an extra string of code indicating that the file is meant to be used as a texture replacement rather than a trophy?
No.

JANKX

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-3927-9545
@achilles1515, first off thank for this marvelous lab practice tool! I would like to know if it would be easy to implement an AI code for the CPU to perform an instant aerial out of hitstun. The current behavior is for the CPU to jump immediately out of hitstun, and this is only useful for practicing chaingrabs. Many underdeveloped characters do not have chaingrabs, but are able to combo out of grab. An ideal implementation for this would be to randomly cycle between actions ouf of hitsun when the opponent is airborne, ideally between actions that seem optimal to escape combos on a per-character basis (although instant nair for all characters would be pretty damn awesome).

Another limitation of 20XX is that after a techroll, the CPU either just stands or performs a shine. I think it would be incredible if other random actions could be added to the mix, such as:

- Dash away (which prevents regrab or followup attack)
- Dash away + pivot -> fsmash/ftilt/dtilt/jab/grab/etc
- Immediate attacks that can interrupt a followup
- Shine -> wavedash forward -> Shine

I think it would be amazing if any small portion of these ideas could be implemented in a future release. Thanks again!

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Hi I'm trying to install this on Mac OSX and here's what's going on

I'm on step 6 of the read me.txt and is does not mention a file called GmTtAll.usd that's apparently already one of the 20XX files so which one of the options do I do hear?

Doq

Smash Lord
Hi I'm trying to install this on Mac OSX and here's what's going on

I'm on step 6 of the read me.txt and is does not mention a file called GmTtAll.usd that's apparently already one of the 20XX files so which one of the options do I do hear?
In any instance you should always replace.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
why does my wii reset sometimes when i LRAStart quit out of games? this only happens every 5 times i do it or so

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
why does my wii reset sometimes when i LRAStart quit out of games? this only happens every 5 times i do it or so
DIOS MIOS has a feature that lets you hard reset the Wii by using the button combo L-R-A-Start-Z. You must be accidentally hitting Z.

Last edited:

jacob91

Smash Cadet
I love this hackpack, only a few... questions that concern me

Why is all my Vs. Mode Data corrupt now? It deleted my main name and gave one name on my file "NOOB" (Funnily enough) 33 thousand KOs and 0.00% Hit percentage.

Also, why does damage cap at 120%?

Why is Up+B out of shield disabled?

Why can't computers recover at all? They seem to be more of a challenge, but they still can't be a challenge if they don't know how to recover..

If anyone can help me please. I'd love to be able to at least start anew on my names without resetting my match count. I already had a file with 40k matches on it and it's taken me a long long time just to get back up to 12k, I don't want to start over..

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Why is all my Vs. Mode Data corrupt now? It deleted my main name and gave one name on my file "NOOB" (Funnily enough) 33 thousand KOs and 0.00% Hit percentage.
I don't know. I'd suggest using a different memory card just to be safe.

Also, why does damage cap at 120%?
It doesn't; you accidentally activated the toggle which caps damage at whatever Player 2's current damage is. See the main post for details.

Why is Up+B out of shield disabled?
It isn't; you're doing it wrong. There isn't any special consideration that lets you up-B out of shield; it's just a result of being able to jump out of shield combined with the ability to cancel your jumpsquat with a grab/up smash/up-B. Therefore, just pressing B while holding up while in shield won't do anything; you have to press up hard enough to jump, and then press B while you're in jumpsquat.

Why can't computers recover at all? They seem to be more of a challenge, but they still can't be a challenge if they don't know how to recover..
Their recovery is unchanged from vanilla Melee. It's difficult to program recovery, but some things are being worked on. Search the thread if you want details.

They aren't meant to be a challenge; they are meant to be punching bags that you can practice combos, tech chases, and edgeguards on. The improvements made to the 20XX AI (more varied teching/wakeup options/DI/etc.) are intended to allow you to practice this more effectively. If you're fighting CPUs expecting a challenge, then you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
I got this on my wii..I know it's probably really simply but how do I get p2 to di and tech randomly? It wont do it when I go into vs mode and I have no idea what to do if it's in the debug menu.

Leamsi

Smash Rookie
I seem to have gotten it working on my Wii, but when I play with certain characters, after a while characters start having their percentages change semi-randomly to lower numbers, but jump right back to their true values once someone gets hit. Is this a setting I changed or a bug?
(I'm sorry if this has been answered before, the 64 pages of this thread are really daunting to sift through.)

CeLL

Smash Lord
I seem to have gotten it working on my Wii, but when I play with certain characters, after a while characters start having their percentages change semi-randomly to lower numbers, but jump right back to their true values once someone gets hit. Is this a setting I changed or a bug?
(I'm sorry if this has been answered before, the 64 pages of this thread are really daunting to sift through.)
You've activated the frame counter option in the debug menu. Also there are 96 pages.

Cluekid

Smash Rookie
I just imported a white Marth skin over TyPola with no issue. Please provide some more information (i.e. walk us through exactly what you did, and be as specific as possible) so that I (or anyone else on the boards should they be faster) can help you fix the issue.

I'm not immediately posting a how-to because, for this kind of thing, I think learning from your mistakes is far better than referring to some guide which you may depend on for a good while.
I simply downloaded the white marth skin, renamed it to TyPola, and put it in my 20XX files.

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
You don't need to do anything; the player 2 CPU automatically DIs and techs randomly.
Yeah I was told that..but mine isn't at all. I go into vs and select fox for p2 and I choose w/e and try to juggle or knock them down and they always miss the tech and never di. I dunno how the iso would be messed up either, I followed the guide like perfectly.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Yeah I was told that..but mine isn't at all. I go into vs and select fox for p2 and I choose w/e and try to juggle or knock them down and they always miss the tech and never di. I dunno how the iso would be messed up either, I followed the guide like perfectly.
Are all the other features there (debug menu, alternate stages, etc.)? If anything's missing that would indicate you've built the .iso incorrectly.

Make sure that controller spoofing is enabled for player 2 in the debug menu (Debug Menu->General Codes->Spoof Controllers). It's on by default but make sure you haven't turned it off by accident.

If you're using any of the in-game toggles that affect the CPU's actions (hold shield, move spam, etc.) then it won't DI or tech normally since the codes override its inputs to make it perform the actions.

You have set it so the opponent is a CPU and not a human, haven't you?

Last edited:

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
Are all the other features there (debug menu, alternate stages, etc.)? If anything's missing that would indicate you've built the .iso incorrectly.

Make sure that controller spoofing is enabled for player 2 in the debug menu (Debug Menu->General Codes->Spoof Controllers). It's on by default but make sure you haven't turned it off by accident.

If you're using any of the in-game toggles that affect the CPU's actions (hold shield, move spam, etc.) then it won't DI or tech normally since the codes override its inputs to make it perform the actions.

You have set it so the opponent is a CPU and not a human, haven't you?
Yea I'm an idiot. I thought that it was the human cpu to di and stuff...my bad. Thanks for your help.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me for my stupidity, but when I tried selecting one of the hacked stages for the hacked Stage Selection, it just normally takes me to a stage that's normally there or there are no modifications on that stage. Examples: When I select All-Stars waiting room, it takes me to Yoshi's Island instead So, is this what the hacked stage selection is meant to be like?

EDIT: I found out the issue, I was playing the game with Japanese language and it showed the hacked SSS instead of the regular SSS.

Last edited:

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
To put it simply, you have a Frankenmod. Following multiple softmod guides will **** up your Wii.
Use Modmii to virginize your Wii, and start again from the beginning. At the end, you should end up with a general softmod, a USB loader of your choice, and finally everything 20XX related you add yourself (i.e. the ISO and Nintendont).
Yeah, virginized my wii started at square1, and got it figured out. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
I notice a lot of people(including myself) have a bad habit of pausing when they get upset. It can be disrupting when playing friendlies. Do you think you could add a toggle so that pause forces death and doesn't pause, or forces death on unpause (maybe a let us choose from those options?) the same way roll has a toggle?

Quillion

Smash Hero
I notice a lot of people(including myself) have a bad habit of pausing when they get upset. It can be disrupting when playing friendlies. Do you think you could add a toggle so that pause forces death and doesn't pause, or forces death on unpause (maybe a let us choose from those options?) the same way roll has a toggle?
vMelee already has the option to turn off pausing.

RakensenFlame

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nodnarb_Rakensen
3DS FC
3883-6510-0580
New to this (Both modding and Smashboards in general), I guess my ISO didn't include the &&systemdata folder somehow? Wasn't sure how that was possible but I looked everywhere. Anyone got a solution?

Kawii

Smash Cadet
my 20xx is weird, it does normal boot up the debug menu doesnt work i dont have all chars unlocked? any tips im on dolphin tw

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
my 20xx is weird, it does normal boot up the debug menu doesnt work i dont have all chars unlocked? any tips im on dolphin tw
1) Your ISO was made incorrectly. The main DOL isn't in the right place.
2) Turn off Global Melee Netplay settings, they're not compatible with 20XX. Alternatively, when remaking your ISO, modify the headers to have a different GameID so the cheats and saves are separated.

CeLL

Smash Lord
2) Turn off Global Melee Netplay settings, they're not compatible with 20XX. Alternatively, when remaking your ISO, modify the headers to have a different GameID so the cheats and saves are separated.
If he had it on all the characters would be unlocked. It uses weird AR codes that overwrite the current settings and stuff like that, instead of just modifying the defaults, resulting in the inability to change most things, even using other codes, hence the issue with people saying it's stuck at 4 stocks.

SNPBK

Smash Rookie
need help for 20xx. i just followed a complete turtorial and have 20xx booted off of dios mios. but the game isnt hacked when booted. do i need to clear memory card data? or is there another issue?

SNPBK

Smash Rookie
need help for 20xx. i just followed a complete turtorial and have 20xx booted off of dios mios. but the game isnt hacked when booted. do i need to clear memory card data? or is there another issue?
upon loading i get a message on the DIOS MIOS screem "fatal error apploader size is zero

Kef

Smash Apprentice
For someone that has Linux and can't run the DMToolbox.exe (not even through WINE), how can I go about this?

coughlinkplscough

SNPBK

Smash Rookie
i wanted to add more alternate costumes onto 20xx. i am using my wii and nintendont. any tutorial or information is appreciated

Kawii

Smash Cadet
1) Your ISO was made incorrectly. The main DOL isn't in the right place.
no help at all tried three different disc and the same results

Doq

Smash Lord
Can you explain further what this means?

Does it have something to do with using the vanilla ISO you download from a site instead of modifying it?
1. We do not condone downloading of ISOs. You should rip them yourself. But, that's none of my business.

2. The ISO loaded with 20XX can just go into your SD/USB at /games/[something]/game.iso, where [something] can be literally anything.

Last edited:

Kef

Smash Apprentice
1. We do not condone downloading of ISOs. You should rip them yourself. But, that's none of my business.

2. The ISO loaded with 20XX can just go into your SD/USB at /games/[something]/game.iso, where [something] can be literally anything.
1. Right, my bad.

2. The thing is that I am unable to modify my ripped ISO with the 20XX replacement files because I cannot run the exe. If I had the an already modified 20XX ISO, I would just place it in the proper folder and try to run things (Wii already with Homebrew, would just have to add Nintendont app folder plus others).

Doq

Smash Lord
1. Right, my bad.

2. The thing is that I am unable to modify my ripped ISO with the 20XX replacement files because I cannot run the exe. If I had the an already modified 20XX ISO, I would just place it in the proper folder and try to run things (Wii already with Homebrew, would just have to add Nintendont app folder plus others).
1. No it's cool. It was none of my business anyway.

2. Well you may be in luck, I have a Linux box to test things on (I'm actually using it right now!), so I'll look into it--but from what I can tell, simply using GCr with Wine works fine.
Screenshot from 2015-05-07 06:58:31.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom