• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Wrthlor

Smash Rookie
Yo Achilles, first off, great job man. Really has improved my melee skill.
I think they used one of your older revisions for evo today? Saw DrPP use an extended name haha.

About the dual 1v1, is there any possibility that you can adjust it so that the 2 different teams won't interfere with each other through edge hogging. So if team 1 (one pair of 1v1s) hogs an edge, then team 2 won't get edge hogged by accident. I'm not sure if that's too hard in the coding or something. Thought about Project M and how they could do "2 edge users" with the one on edge and one grabbing it via tether. Just curious

Zef

Smash Ace
i'm getting a weird freeze after i press start at the CSS, not sure why. took my controller out of port 1, too

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Yea I also noticed them using the long names and was like YO 20XX!

The new version is super sick man. Love the work you've been putting in.

Green color for neutral is great except it would be amazing if it turned green when you were capable of action and not just when in neutral standing etc. Like when sliding from a wavedash etc. is there a way to check lag/stun variables and determine that you can act?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yo Achilles, first off, great job man. Really has improved my melee skill.
I think they used one of your older revisions for evo today? Saw DrPP use an extended name haha.

About the dual 1v1, is there any possibility that you can adjust it so that the 2 different teams won't interfere with each other through edge hogging. So if team 1 (one pair of 1v1s) hogs an edge, then team 2 won't get edge hogged by accident. I'm not sure if that's too hard in the coding or something. Thought about Project M and how they could do "2 edge users" with the one on edge and one grabbing it via tether. Just curious
They did not use my pack for the name tags. I think they just used Gecko or AR codes. I know this because there is still no way to input lower case characters in the hack pack (unless they are sort of hard modded in there like the "Achilles" name tag).

I wish I could fix that Dual 1v1 problem, but I am unsure if it is possible. I can check for a flag that gets changed when a character is on an edge, and maybe this value can be manipulated to allow more than 1 character on an edge. Im not sure if such a things exists, though.

i'm getting a weird freeze after i press start at the CSS, not sure why. took my controller out of port 1, too
So it freezes before you can play any matches? I would try replacing the DOL file again. And make sure your original ISO was SSBM version 1.02

Green color for neutral is great except it would be amazing if it turned green when you were capable of action and not just when in neutral standing etc. Like when sliding from a wavedash etc. is there a way to check lag/stun variables and determine that you can act?
There might be an address with the number of frames of lag left, I'm not exactly sure. It'd be great if there was an all-encompassing memory address that changed if you are able to input an action. I'll probably look into it eventually.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
At the rate I'm posting these, you might as well write documentation on this project.

How does the colorful FD work? It might help me with an experiment of mine.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
All the stages I don't turn on in random stage select and appearing white, and I am unable to select them unless I turn them on.

I really like rainbow FD though.

BreezyFalcon

Smash Rookie
I'm trying too load this on my wii using wiiflow and when i launch melee dios mios comes up (like normally) but then it says fatal error apploader size is zero. anyone got a fix for this?

Unldentified

Smash Rookie
Im having a bit of a problem. When I launch the iso on Dolphin it works fine. But when I launch the same iso on my Wii it doesent have the splash screen and freezes when you try to use a alternative costume. Also the "FLASH NO L" Option isnt in the debug menu. Everything else is fine though. Colors, Widescreen, Skip results work fine

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, is it possible for colors to include a flash on autocancel?

Also if you can run code off mem card that would be insane :)
For the meantime, you know how when you do an empty jump the cloud of dust at your feet comes out spiky, and when you do move that needs to be l-cancel'd the cloud is puffy? Well, if you're aerial is autocancel'd the cloud will be the same as an empty hop.

I'm trying too load this on my wii using wiiflow and when i launch melee dios mios comes up (like normally) but then it says fatal error apploader size is zero. anyone got a fix for this?
Put a disc in the disc slot and try again.

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Haven't gotten the finalized 2.07 yet but is the Dreamland background texture permanent?

TheKobanator

Smash Rookie
I am having a strange issue. The game will freeze every time without fail if I use grab (Z and/or R+A) or using side B. I'm using the 2.07 .dol and the 2.06 file replacements. Loading it from a PNY 8 GB USB drive and Dios Mios. I had a similar, but not as frequent problem in 2.06 as well. The game would randomly freeze when the L or R buttons were being used, I'm not sure if it would happen when L/R were spammed or if it was a combination of buttons with L/R. But like I said, it seemed to be random and was few and far between. This issue with 2.07 has really got me confused.

Last edited:

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Regarding the questions about auto-cancelling vs l-cancelling, I feel like the difference in landing and aerial landing lag animations are clear enough to know when you've auto-cancelled something...looking for a way to differentiate an auto-cancelled aerial from regular landing seems a little unnecessary to me. The only time you might have trouble telling if it was an auto-cancel or not is if you're doing things like continuous shield drops to auto-cancelled aerials on platforms or something like that .-.

Also @ Tee ay eye Tee ay eye I think so, but presumably you could just find which file replacement it is that overwrites the dreamland background image and not include it, right?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I am having a strange issue. The game will freeze every time without fail if I use grab (Z and/or R+A) or using side B. I'm using the 2.07 .dol and the 2.06 file replacements. Loading it from a PNY 8 GB USB drive and Dios Mios. I had a similar, but not as frequent problem in 2.06 as well. The game would randomly freeze when the L or R buttons were being used, I'm not sure if it would happen when L/R were spammed or if it was a combination of buttons with L/R. But like I said, it seemed to be random and was few and far between. This issue with 2.07 has really got me confused.
Hmm. Can you try completely remaking your ISO with only the files from 2.07?
Haven't gotten the finalized 2.07 yet but is the Dreamland background texture permanent?
Yes, but the Dreamland file is GrOp.dat and you can just leave that out of the file replacement if you don't want it.
Im having a bit of a problem. When I launch the iso on Dolphin it works fine. But when I launch the same iso on my Wii it doesent have the splash screen and freezes when you try to use a alternative costume. Also the "FLASH NO L" Option isnt in the debug menu. Everything else is fine though. Colors, Widescreen, Skip results work fine
This one sounds really weird. Is the rainbow FD toggle on there? If FLASH NO L is not on there, then it seems like you have a really old DOL file. I would just try redownloading the 2.07 replacement files and rebuilding the ISO from a vanilla 1.02 melee.
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you make lowercase tags?
Lowercase characters are not available in the pack. My tag is just special :)
All the stages I don't turn on in random stage select and appearing white, and I am unable to select them unless I turn them on.

I really like rainbow FD though.
so it's constantly striking stages (y button)?
At the rate I'm posting these, you might as well write documentation on this project.

How does the colorful FD work? It might help me with an experiment of mine.
ill try and explain it in a bit.
People have mentioned that problem earlier in the thread. I think the fix is either reinstalling Dios Mios (and make sure you are using the latest version of Dios Mios for USB loading or Dios Mios Lite for SD loading) or making sure the format of your loading media is correct. Use the search function to see if you can find messages from others about this.

Unldentified

Smash Rookie
This one sounds really weird. Is the rainbow FD toggle on there? If FLASH NO L is not on there, then it seems like you have a really old DOL file. I would just try redownloading the 2.07 replacement files and rebuilding the ISO from a vanilla 1.02 melee.
Alright I just went through file replacements and now it shows Melee with 20XX over it. So I'll assume I did it right. But now I have to transfer the iso over to my SD again. Ill let you know if it works this time. Thanks Achilles! :)

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Haven't tried the new update, but it sounds awesome!
I just have 2 requests:

1) Apparently, the Random Music code specifically keeps the main menu music the same. However, sometimes it does get randomized, usually after I mess with the Debug Menu. Rather than fix this, could you just let the main menu music be randomized? Hearing Yoshi's music on the main menu is so invigorating.

2) I second the request for using the color green as a general "action-ready" state. I don't know how technically feasible this is, but movement out of a wavedash is my main tech issue right now, and that would help tremendously.

Also rooting for memcard code injection so I can run this on vanilla cubes!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
every time i select it, i can hear the announcer and the stages music but it just won't load past the SSS
That's weird...

I just have 2 requests:

1) Apparently, the Random Music code specifically keeps the main menu music the same. However, sometimes it does get randomized, usually after I mess with the Debug Menu. Rather than fix this, could you just let the main menu music be randomized? Hearing Yoshi's music on the main menu is so invigorating.

2) I second the request for using the color green as a general "action-ready" state. I don't know how technically feasible this is, but movement out of a wavedash is my main tech issue right now, and that would help tremendously.

btw, the green overlay should do exactly what you guys want for wavedashes. If you input nothing the frame you are able to act out of a wavedash, you will be in the wait (standing) action state which makes you turn green.

Turn COLORS on and DBlevel to DEBUG and step through a wavedash frame by frame.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I just have 2 requests:

And for the music, try this.

Excerpt from post from last page:

"I briefly stepped through the code. In the DOL, try overwriting the value 2C14002 at 0x20f0 in the DOL, with 48000008. That should skip the section of code that, I believe, does not randomize menu music."

Acryte

Smash Ace
There might be an address with the number of frames of lag left, I'm not exactly sure. It'd be great if there was an all-encompassing memory address that changed if you are able to input an action. I'll probably look into it eventually.
Hmm.... I think we could probably look for it. If we use debug mode, the game can be paused so the number of frames of lag won't fluxuate, plus we can test/know how many frames of lag we have for something. So we can pause and use frame advance to assist a memory searching program. Maybe we can isolate it like that.

Cool, yea I thought it didn't go green during wavedash turns out I was just doing the jab out of it frame perfect -_- derp. Still though a lag variable would be great for when you recover while crouched or in the air, while blue hitstun doesn't track when you are in hitstun on the ground like when being pushed by shine. A lag variable would theoretically improve on those things if there is one.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sorry Achilles. It still seems to load Mushroom Kingdom I and not Pokemon (No Transformations). It's weird cuz it only does it when playing endless melee.
Damnit. I must have been really high or something when I tested that. My bad. I see how to fix the problem, though I'm not going to work on it tonight. I'm in a machine lubrication training course in Cleveland for the week, and there is a certification test on Friday that I really want to pass. So I'm going to spend the rest of the night studying....that is, after I send my landlord an awkward email about how I'm so sorry she just stumbled upon my roommate's subleaser (whom she didn't know about) and also the "special tobacco" that was in the room.

Last edited:

Wolf_Shadowheart

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles! Everything is working great on the new version so far! I had one freeze in a solo test run, and I wonder if it may have been from endless friendlies on but I was in time mode? Who knows. I went Falco on RFD with colors and flash no L, with everything else as preset. However I have had no issues since then. The computers have stopped air dodging as often randomly in the air, and now only do it when a projectile has been fired on the stage, less often when it isn't in their direction. But this is with only a couple hours of testing
Once again, amazing job <3

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
I really like this update, though I've had quite a few random freezes happen during an hour or two session (solo & vs computer, usually endless time and with colors on, and I think I had endless friendlies, rainbow fd, and dual 1v1 set off for testing). Not really sure if it's due to this version itself or not, but I wasn't really experiencing stuff like this a few days ago when using the pretest one, so maybe some debug settings I've changed or use of memory card with the pack could affect it somehow? Since I have a couple music hacks on my build, I don't really want to do a completely fresh install unless you think it'd be necessary or likely the cause of this, though I suppose I could always just export them and re-import them on top of it afterward without much hassle.

(Also, I had a really goofy freeze...or something...once, where it was like I was stuck in hitlag and could just move around in a grid like with SDI or something, I don't even really know how to describe it, but it was weird/cool and I would have noooo idea if that's something reproducible)

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Damnit. I must have been really high or something when I tested that. My bad. I see how to fix the problem, though I'm not going to work on it tonight. I'm in a machine lubrication training course in Cleveland for the week, and there is a certification test on Friday that I really want to pass. So I'm going to spend the rest of the night studying....that is, after I send my landlord an awkward email about how I'm so sorry she just stumbled upon my roommate's subleaser (whom she didn't know about) and also the "special tobacco" that was in the room.
Wow. That sounds crazy! No worries man. Do what u gotta do.

Oh and i can confirm having it freeze on me as well during time mode (infinite time on fd) with endless friendlies turned on. I believe it was after the 4th stock was lost.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I really like this update, though I've had quite a few random freezes happen during an hour or two session (solo & vs computer, usually endless time and with colors on, and I think I had endless friendlies, rainbow fd, and dual 1v1 set off for testing). Not really sure if it's due to this version itself or not, but I wasn't really experiencing stuff like this a few days ago when using the pretest one, so maybe some debug settings I've changed or use of memory card with the pack could affect it somehow? Since I have a couple music hacks on my build, I don't really want to do a completely fresh install unless you think it'd be necessary or likely the cause of this, though I suppose I could always just export them and re-import them on top of it afterward without much hassle.

(Also, I had a really goofy freeze...or something...once, where it was like I was stuck in hitlag and could just move around in a grid like with SDI or something, I don't even really know how to describe it, but it was weird/cool and I would have noooo idea if that's something reproducible)
I've also experienced random freezes on this build (without anything else added like extra music). I believe that it only occurred when i was in time mode, but may have happened in stocks too, and it may have happened more often with the memory card in.

I'm not sure if it's something messing up with the memory card or timed melee.

Last edited:

houndsolo

Smash Rookie
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I found a bug. On the hacked version of N64 yoshi's story, if you try to turn on hit boxes, it makes your character turn invisible and the hit boxes don't show.
That happened to me in earlier versions, but it was random. If i restarted teh level and tried again I would usually get it. Does this happen every time?

houndsolo

Smash Rookie
Also, is rainbow fd a certain file, or is it part of the start.dol file? Just wondering so I can put it into a normal melee copy.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I found a bug. On the hacked version of N64 yoshi's story, if you try to turn on hit boxes, it makes your character turn invisible and the hit boxes don't show.
This happens in vanilla Melee (with a code to add the debug menu to turn collision bubbles on). It happens on Dreamland as well and the bubbles fade in and out on the goomba/majoras mask stages

Top Bottom