• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Doq

Smash Lord
I'm having an issue with changing things in debug mode.

Whenever I turn on the L-cancel colors, or the hitstun colors, then back out, the game crashes. I'm using dolphin 4.0-652 with the most recent 20XX.

Anyone know what's happening?
Turn off all netplay-related codes (or turn off cheats entirely).

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Ah. Hey guys. I've been playing this on Nintendont, and if I try to play a set versus real people the game will freeze after a few minutes. How did you guys fix this?
I had that problem after updating Nintendont to a newer version. Download version r296 and it should work fine.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
is there supposed to be an &&systemdata folder in my 20xx file, because there isn't. and when i try to open GCRebuillder to add a texture hack it just says "Folder &&systemdata not found"???

CeLL

Smash Lord
is there supposed to be an &&systemdata folder in my 20xx file, because there isn't. and when i try to open GCRebuillder to add a texture hack it just says "Folder &&systemdata not found"???
Yes, yes there is.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Hm. Where could I find this? I did a few Google searches and it's not coming up. Any help?
The newest version of Nintendont fixed the issue, so just update to the latest one in Nintendont's settings menu.

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know how to make p2 action spam? L+R+dpad up just turns them into a regular cpu when i try it

Berble

Smash Apprentice
yes but like i said, my p2 just turns into a regular cpu instead of having a "color" tint thats mentioned in the main post

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Anything in the texture thread works with 20XX just fine.

I'm not sure what you mean. You said your CPU Sheik doesn't DI, then said you can't make a CPU Sheik. To make the CPU be Sheik, read the FAQs.
Yeah, so far every char that I have randomly chose dis but sheik. I will check the faq and report if I fixed my problem.
What I usually do to get a cpu sheik is let zelda transform.
Zelda dis perfectly. I will update you when I get a chance too.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah, so far every char that I have randomly chose dis but sheik. I will check the faq and report if I fixed my problem.
What I usually do to get a cpu sheik is let zelda transform.
Zelda dis perfectly. I will update you when I get a chance too.
Hover your character select token over Zelda and click Z. She will turn into Sheik. Then move the CPU's token to Sheik.

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
Is there any settings that make 20xx more just vanilla melee? I want to bring it to a tournament tommorow without it freezing. Dont worry it would just be for friendlies.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Is there any settings that make 20xx more just vanilla melee? I want to bring it to a tournament tommorow without it freezing. Dont worry it would just be for friendlies.
Why not just have vanilla melee as well on a usb. Then you could show off 20XX while not having to worry about that.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
yes but like i said, my p2 just turns into a regular cpu instead of having a "color" tint thats mentioned in the main post
Hit the opposite direction of your d-pad instead.
L + R + Down = Undo P2 toggles/makes P2 act like a CPU.
L + R + Up = Spam certain input after... ~3 secs? u also get dem fancy colololor thingesss, bruh
u also ned hold em burtons unturl tamer end

redboyruler

Smash Rookie
The item switch idea is interesting but I wouldn't want to take that functionality away at the moment. I'm also not too concerned about music right now. Do you know how to manually take out songs from the "random" list (hex editing)?

It's cloaking.

Check your pm's.

Imo it looks pretty good. Idk how to make it transparent. I just found a byte that I could change to make the percents the same size as in a 6 player match, but still with only four on the screen.

You need a newer version. Check pm. I sent you instructions.
The item switch idea is interesting but I wouldn't want to take that functionality away at the moment. I'm also not too concerned about music right now. Do you know how to manually take out songs from the "random" list (hex editing)?

It's cloaking.

Check your pm's.

Imo it looks pretty good. Idk how to make it transparent. I just found a byte that I could change to make the percents the same size as in a 6 player match, but still with only four on the screen.

You need a newer version. Check pm. I sent you instructions.
Is there a download link or something?

curi

Smash Cadet
tl;dr black+gold peach causes crashes

hi just got 20xx, thanks a lot, i really like the white/red flashes for L cancels (i'm nub). wanted to let you know, it crashes frequently if i use gold+black peach. at first i thought i'd set it up wrong so i tried wiiloader cfg and others in addition to nintendont, and remade the ISO. but then i just tried not using gold+black peach and it stopped crashing anymore. (well also nintendont v299 crashes, i had to get an older version)

i also got a freeze once from spamming load save state while p2 was respawning.

hope reporting this helps you out. thanks again for 20xx.

FruitNukes

Smash Rookie
Great mod! Quite a great upgrade, especially with something as simple as adding the C-Stick to 1P Modes (like Training)

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just wondering, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , what are the limits of the toggleable hacked stage select?

Can you put anything you want in the slots, or are you replacing stuff? I ask because I have an idea I want to suggest to some other people.

flwns

Smash Cadet
Has anyone experienced freezes when going trying to grab CPU's in the latest version of 20xx? Some conditions I know are always true when this happens are I'm player 1, CPU is player 2, the CPU is programmed to do something (like, L+left to hold shield, or L+R+down to disable). I'm not sure if these conditions matter or not.

If anyone could help me figure out what's going on I'd appreciate it.

Dark brawler

Smash Rookie
Hi, something to look into. Playing on dolphin netplay (most recent branch), and the blue party hat pikachu costume seems to crash the game every time it's chosen. Is this bug exclusive to dolphin?

Couth

Smash Rookie
Hey,
I just downloaded the hack pack and everything is fine, but it boots straight to the character select screen. That's cool and all, but I want to get to the debug menu and everytime I try to exit the character select screen my game freezes and gives me a nice buzzing noise. I was wondering if there is any way to get to the debug menu or turn the boot straight to css thing off. I'm on a wii using a USB if that helps at all

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hey guys. Once again Nintendont is giving me problems. Since I don't emulate a memory card, once I press A on the prompt that asks if I want to continue without saving it freezes there. I've also tried emulating a memory card, but that freezes after a few seconds. My actual Melee ISO works fine. Any help?

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Can there be a separate 20XX support thread after the next update? It seems like 99% of the posts here are people who need help for 20XX and, while I don't blame them, It would be nice to have this thread be dedicated solely to discussion about 20XX and not about tech support.

AnthonyRB

Smash Rookie
Quick question, is there a way (or going to be a way) to access some of the vanilla debug mode features? I sure do love the idea of fighting a giant black Giga Bowser with 3 Luigis all with endless misfires while cozy in 20XX. Those extra fighting options are hilariously fun.

Size, attack, and color control are great options.

flwns

Smash Cadet
Quick question, is there a way (or going to be a way) to access some of the vanilla debug mode features? I sure do love the idea of fighting a giant black Giga Bowser with 3 Luigis all with endless misfires while cozy in 20XX. Those extra fighting options are hilariously fun.

Size, attack, and color control are great options.
I've always accessed stock debug by setting the debug level, in the 20xx debug menu to "debug-rom"

Top Bottom