• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

HolloH

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to start a game as sheik (z selected from the character menu). The game freezes just as the match begins. All other z selects work. I also cannot transform from zelda to sheik mid game as this also causes the match to freeze. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Whenever I try to start a game as sheik (z selected from the character menu). The game freezes just as the match begins. All other z selects work. I also cannot transform from zelda to sheik mid game as this also causes the match to freeze. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's working for me. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I would try remaking the ISO I guess. Something must be wrong with your DOL file.

I noticed that when you pick popo using Z on ICs it plays no audio because they're isn't any clip for that on the disc. Would it be possible for the game to dip into the japanese version and use the voice clip "ICE CLIMBER" that's used for japanese ice climbers? I feel like that would suffice and be accurate because sometime the lead climber is nana. Also I hear a very faint forward smash from captain falcon when I choose him or the fighting wire frame. Is this intentional?

EDIT: when i say dip into i mean use the sound clip from the japanese translation built into the game.
I actually am not sure if it's possible to do this (without a bunch of other work and r&d). I briefly looked into it today and it seems the "Ice Climbers" and "Ice Climber" sound byte ID is the exact same. So the japanese sound file would need to be loaded when Popo is selected and this likely is not an easy thing to accomplish.
@DRM4R10

Also, are you not using 20XX 3.00? The wireframes should have an announcer voice from this version onward.

Pryvate Pigeon

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm having a problem with the new version 3.0 iso cooperating with the regular melee iso in regards to netplay. The issue is that every time I host a netplay game with regular melee, it for some reason opens up the 20XX iso instead, leading to obvious desyncs. I've tried adjusting the paths and changing the default iso multiple times, but as long as the two are in the dolphin iso list, the problem persists no matter what the default iso is. I don't want to have to remove either iso from the list, because I'm rather fond of the new 20XX banner, but that seems to be the only way to consistently fix this problem as of now.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I dont even think about it anymore. I have been removing and creating the paths for 20XX vs 1.02 every time I wanna do either.
I have had the same problem since day one (being 3 or 4 patches).
Point being that I dont see it as hassle. But on the other hand I never thought there could be a fix to it

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm having a problem with the new version 3.0 iso cooperating with the regular melee iso in regards to netplay. The issue is that every time I host a netplay game with regular melee, it for some reason opens up the 20XX iso instead, leading to obvious desyncs. I've tried adjusting the paths and changing the default iso multiple times, but as long as the two are in the dolphin iso list, the problem persists no matter what the default iso is. I don't want to have to remove either iso from the list, because I'm rather fond of the new 20XX banner, but that seems to be the only way to consistently fix this problem as of now.
The reason they get mixed up is because they have the same game id and that's how dolphin figures out what game you're netplaying. What you have to do is change the game id by using a hex editor. Download HxD and open your 20xx iso then change the 01 in GALE01 at the top to something like XX so it says GALEXX. Make sure you don't delete anything, you just type over it. After that save then open up dolphin and go to view->purge cache so the changes take effect.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I changed Rumble ON to default and it works. But when I create a new nametag it still appears with rumble off as default.
I decided to cowboy up and look into this. I fixed this problem along with the bug that would delete characters from 8+ character name tags when tags below them were deleted in name entry.

The vanilla function for moving name tags up a slot after an above name tag was deleted was...confusing...and weird. I couldn't get a grasp on how to manipulate that function to fix the name tag bug so I ended up abandoning that function entirely and wrote a completely new one. From what I can tell, it works in the exact same manner, but doesn't delete characters from name tags.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
The 20XX 3.01 Update has been posted! Download link is on the main post.

~UPDATE~ 3.01 Change List

Affected Files:
  • Start.dol
  • MnMaAll.usd (Menu Text)
  • TyMapD.dat (Normal C. Falcon Alt Costume)

Bug Fixes
  • If Hacked Stages was loaded as being ON from bootup, Brinstar lava and Corneria ships/gun would still be on.
  • Deleting a name tag would remove characters from an 8+ character name tag one slot higher.
  • Creating a new name tag on the CSS would ignore the Rumble flag for that player and always default the name tag to Rumble off.
Additions
  • "Random" is Default Highlighted on the Stage Select Screen
  • CSS Hand Cursors Default to the HMN/CPU Button
    • Small Bug: After creating a new name tag from the CSS, the player port will be switched to a CPU.
  • Tournament Mode now replaces Fixed Camera Mode
  • Disable CPU Taunting
  • Debug Menu Toggles:
    • General Codes --> Custom Shield Color
      • Create your own shield colors for all players!
    • Character Codes --> DK - Always Full Punch
    • Character Codes --> Peach - Always Pull Specific Turnip/Item
  • SNES Alternate Costume for normal C. Falcon!
    • Cyborg Ninja has been removed.

Thanks, @ Luddoj Luddoj

Removals
  • Link/Young Link Super Boomerang Jump
    • It did enable the superjump but caused other unwanted side effects as well when the boomerang was caught.
  • Cyborg Ninja alt costume, as stated above.

Doser

Smash Ace
Did you use the link he posted? I'm still getting the cyborg ninja despite replacing the trophy .dat file. I have rebuilt and tried this 4 times with the same result.

Looks like the only way I got it to work was to go back after building the iso and replace the three differing files using gcr. Even though I had already done that before rebuilding the iso.

It's very weird because I've never had this problem before.

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Thanks for the credit man. I really hope people enjoy the SNES Captain Falcon Texture, as I put a lot of effort into creating it. Feedback will be greatly appreciated. I'm downloading the Hack Pack Update right now. Keep up the good work.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
maybe try changing the game ID of your 20xx iso?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I forgot to mention!

Make sure to set Peach's Turnip Pull to Default after updating!!!

If you use a memory card, a value of 0 will be loaded in that debug toggle flag which will default her turnip pull to "Smile".

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
*IMPORTANT* - Please Read

Guys,

Last night I performed an important research experiment.

The experiment was extending the file length of MnSlChr.usd by adding...well...whatever I want to the end of the file.

For anyone that doesn't know, MnSlChr.usd includes the textures for character select icons and character select portraits and all sorts of CSS stuff.

So what I did was this:

1) Pasted my long CSS code (extra chars, alt costumes, etc.) at the end of the MnSlChr.usd file.
2) Changed the beginning line of the file, which describes the file length, to appropriately accomodate the extended length to the file that I added.

The results was just as I hoped - (At the CSS) When the game loaded the contents of this file into the RAM like normal, it loaded everything I added in at the end as well.

My logic is that anytime I need the CSS code, I will be at the CSS and the contents of this file will be loaded into the RAM anyway, so why not add my code to that file instead of having it take up space in the DOL that can be used for something else?

Next, I changed the custom code at my CSS code injection point to branch to the location that it is now loaded to with the other contents of the MnSlChr.usd file, and it worked like normal. (So this is actually testing that branching into the code I added in that file actually works).

I didn't seem like there was any problem at all with adding stuff to the end of that file and the game was totally okay with it and accounts for the extended space used with anything loaded afterward.

(I still need to test on Wii, though, and will need to see if there is any sort of limitation on how much I could add to this file).

Flippin' fantastic!

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR ME (& YOU):
Lots. So much.

Directly: With having the CSS code in the MnSlChr.usd file, ~1300 more free code lines in the DOL to be used for other codes or debug menu options.

Future: Because the CSS is always the first thing the game boots to, I could do something like adding tons of other codes to the end of the file (ones executed outside of the CSS) and then write a simple code that gets executed on the CSS to copy these codes to the end of the RAM at a location that the game probably never hits. So then they will be there for me to use outside of the CSS.

....basically, an innumerable amount of code lines now available for use!

Because I no longer have to worry about the CSS code length, alt costumes for every character costume can definitely happen!

Another thing I should be able to do is add more CSPs to the end of the MnSlChr.usd file that could be pointed to when alt costumes are selected!

This just really opens up a new world of possibilities.

Other

Since the release of 3.0, I really haven't done much new coding (to my normal standards). My girlfriend is under the "assumption" that I care more about coding than her, which doesn't bode well for our relationship. So I've been limiting my coding time for the past two weeks and doing more chores around the apartment to show her that is not true. Women are infinitely complicated...

What I have done though:
1) Disable CPU taunting
2) Added a debug menu option for custom shield colors (love this one!)
3) Character Mod: DK - always full punch

Will be doing soon:
4) Character Mod: Peach - Always Pull XX (turnips)

I'll be releasing this update after I add the last two to the debug menu.

View attachment 27499

I just can't get enough of this project. This will be the game we all deserve after years of dedication!

I just wish it were my full time job. Imagine what I could get accomplished if I had 8+ hours to spend on it everyday, had a stream, could make tons of coding tutorial videos, extensive work on CPU AI.... Could the Melee community donate enough money to get me a good, yearly salary? Would #freeAchilles ever work??? (this paragraphy is a joke...kind of).
With this are we going to be able to have CSP for alt costumes too?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No more Link Airdash?
Too op :)
With this are we going to be able to have CSP for alt costumes too?
I think so. I've been trying to run a few tests with doing this and I've only been semi-successful. But I know it can be done, because I tried adding CSPs to the bottom of the RAM before and switching to point to those was working. I must just be messing something up...

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

I think so. I've been trying to run a few tests with doing this and I've only been semi-successful. But I know it can be done, because I tried adding CSPs to the bottom of the RAM before and switching to point to those was working. I must just be messing something up...
If you need CSPs for the current alts let us know! Actually CSPs are one of the few things I can help with. :)

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj

If you need CSPs for the current alts let us know! Actually CSPs are one of the few things I can help with. :)
That's something I was very interested too. The Melee texture hack thread is full of people capable of editing CSPs for the alternate costumes you can use in the alternate character selection screen. If you need help with some of them you can also count me in. CSPs take less time and I'm sure I can do recolors easily. Heavily edited costumes should take a lot more time, but I could give them a shot.

Finally, are you planning on adding custom textures to all characters? That would actually motivate me to stop my hiatus and return to my Melee Hacking addiction to contribute as much as I can to the next update of the hack pack. I also think that would add a lot of diversity into this amazing project.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Just tried running the 20XX hack pack using my 16gb SDHC with DIOS MIOS Lite 2.11 and it works great but... no RedFalcon alt or Blue PKMN Stadium, just as with USB. Don't really know what could be the issue with the .usd files.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Was loading into any stage removed? I loved fox on Ganon's target test to practice wall ledge teching.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Found a bug with Kirby's fThrow and bThrow. It's pretty funny lol.
Edit: It's not a bug.

Also, here is what happens when I try to use Falcon's red alt costume or PKMN Stadium (no transformations):

Falcon's Red Alt:

PKMN Stadium:

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I guess the thing with Kirbys grab is that the cpu's mash out of it. It shouldn't happen if you play against a human/spoofed human player that does nothing or if you set the cpu do "spam" nothing with the ingame toggle R+L+Digital Up.

Last edited:

ShibyX

Smash Rookie
When ever I go to the start menu after messing with debug codes dolphin crashes. Is there another way to activate the codes?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Found a bug with Kirby's fThrow and bThrow. It's pretty funny. lol
That's not a glitch, that was purposefully programmed by Sakurai to nerf Kirby. His f/bthrow are the only escapable throws in all of Smash lol

Is it possible to make setting the AI to the training mode AI an ingame toggle?

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I hope PAL toggle is coming for training mode in the next patch.
That or game wide toggle in the debug menu.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I hope PAL toggle is coming for training mode in the next patch.
That or game wide toggle in the debug menu.
I haven’t legitimately tested this, but PAL characters should work for Training Mode. The CSP color just doesn’t change because some other CSP color pointer system is used on that character select screen. So just change it at the regular CSS to know for sure you have a PAL character toggled and then go to Training Mode.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
That's something I was very interested too. The Melee texture hack thread is full of people capable of editing CSPs for the alternate costumes you can use in the alternate character selection screen. If you need help with some of them you can also count me in. CSPs take less time and I'm sure I can do recolors easily. Heavily edited costumes should take a lot more time, but I could give them a shot.

Finally, are you planning on adding custom textures to all characters? That would actually motivate me to stop my hiatus and return to my Melee Hacking addiction to contribute as much as I can to the next update of the hack pack. I also think that would add a lot of diversity into this amazing project.
1) If I get CSPs working, I’ll let you guys know. But if I do, I’ll likely want custom character poses and not the normal ones. I know this makes things not “uniform”, but alt costumes are new and exciting so I want new and exciting CSPs with the flexibility to show off any part of the costume we want (such as the Twitch logo on the back of Twitch TV Falcon, or the C9 logo for example). Not to mention we've been looking at the same pictures for 13 years...so I wouldn't mind a change as long as it's done well. And now that we have a good method for doing shadows, we can make things look pretty nice.

Like here is my Green Ranger CSP that I think looks B.A. and shows off the design well.

Capture.PNG

2) Yes, I should have the space now to add alt costumes for all characters. But I still need to do research on that topic to ensure its success. And, maybe even more importantly to answering this question, I need to get an inventory on trophy files with acceptable file name lengths that can be used for alt costume file switching (and for if I add in SDR chars, it will eat up files as well). I definitely want to keep investigating adding CSPs before adding more costumes, though. So that I don’t have to worry about writing a whole bunch of code concerning changing CSP colors when an alt is selected, when that entire idea will be eliminated and replaced with just changing the CSP portrait instead.

There’s so much to do.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I support the unique portrait pose idea. The Green Power Ranger one looks amazing!
If the answer is short, can you tell me why that funky stuff shows up on top of the letters?

oh and thanks. I'll try that PAL thing in training mode (which is so counter-intuitive btw :D)

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I support the unique portrait pose idea. The Green Power Ranger one looks amazing!
If the answer is short, can you tell me why that funky stuff shows up on top of the letters?

oh and thanks. I'll try that PAL thing in training mode (which is so counter-intuitive btw :D)
Stuff on the letters is there because I f***ed something up a long time ago and I don't know what.

@ Cyjorg Cyjorg , I know you posted a little bit ago about locations of the letter "textures" that I may have written into. Can you give a bit of info on how you found this and did you get any results on your "testing" from this?

The PAL is counter-intuitive because the CSP color part of @Sham Rock 's code for changing rumble on the CSS that was ripped, is apparently for multiplayer CSS only and not Training Mode. So someone would need to investigate how to do the same on Training Mode. If I remember correctly, the CSP background color pointer logic is quite complicated.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I've only delved into the "action state engine" a little bit, but basically understand how to disable certain actions or make a different action happen than the one that was supposed to happen. So I've had this idea for awhile....one simple action change that I believe would make CPU Fox much better.
Code:
CPU's U-Smash Instead of Jab Most Times (1.02) [Achilles]
C208ABC0 00000009
3DE08045 61EF3088
89DE0678 1DCE0E90
7DCF702E 2C0E0001
40820024 3DC0804D
89CE5F93 2C0E0060
41800014 3DC08008
61CECA38 7DC903A6
4E800420 7C0802A6
60000000 00000000
Right now it affects all CPUs which is not ideal (Marth, for example), but it's just a test code to see if I could do it. It is meant for fighting a lvl 9 Fox, I guess...

Play around with it and tell me what you think!

Btw, the rate of U-Smash'ing instead of jabbing in the above code is found in the line "2C0E0060". The last byte "60" can be adjusted from 00 to FF. 00 would be always U-Smashing and FF would be never U-Smashing.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Stuff on the letters is there because I f***ed something up a long time ago and I don't know what.

@ Cyjorg Cyjorg , I know you posted a little bit ago about locations of the letter "textures" that I may have written into. Can you give a bit of info on how you found this and did you get any results on your "testing" from this?

The PAL is counter-intuitive because the CSP color part of @Sham Rock 's code for changing rumble on the CSS that was ripped, is apparently for multiplayer CSS only and not Training Mode. So someone would need to investigate how to do the same on Training Mode. If I remember correctly, the CSP background color pointer logic is quite complicated.
"Testing" is kind of an exaggeration. I just went through and checked every single hex value you had changed from 2.07 - 4 to 2.07 - 5 using this program. Most of the time, when you replaced "00000000" with anything I think you were messing with a texture (at least after ~0x420000).

Magnus' post on page 5 of The DOL Mod Topic explained how to actually test if the space in the dol is truly "blank."

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
updated to 3.01.
Red Falcon alt confirmed working now. The changes are small though it's mainly just the logo on his back, or should there be more changes?
Stadium alt still green though

Achilles1515

Smash Master
updated to 3.01.
Red Falcon alt confirmed working now. The changes are small though it's mainly just the logo on his back, or should there be more changes?
Stadium alt still green though
It should be the entire costume?

**For anyone that cannot load Blue Pokemon Stadium**
Try downloading this DOL file that I just modified and let me know if it works.

EDIT: doesnt work.

Last edited:

Firejew

Smash Cadet
**For anyone that cannot load Blue Pokemon Stadium**
Try downloading this DOL file that I just modified and let me know if it works.
So hype that I got to this within 5 minutes of it being posted.

Sandisk Cruzer 32GB, DIOS MIOS 2.11
Both of my PS (Regular and No Transformations) are the default green texture. I have not seen the Cloud 9 green texture in any of the 20XX packs so far either.

Also tested on Dolphin and the blue PS worked. This was also the first time I've seen the LLL Falcon and dear god is that amazing.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So hype that I got to this within 5 minutes of it being posted.

Sandisk Cruzer 32GB, DIOS MIOS 2.11
Both of my PS (Regular and No Transformations) are the default green texture. I have not seen the Cloud 9 green texture in any of the 20XX packs so far either.
So, wait. Did you already try it and it's not working? Or is this a "before" status still?

Last edited:
Top Bottom