• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Ok cool. Is there a specific reason why?

There's not enough free space at the moment. I'd have to separate it out into it's own code and get new injection points for it. I'm not going to be doing this, though, until after I do more testing to get additional code lines.
rough answer: a PRNG that is not a CSPRNG (very expensive to calculate) is likely to have some clustering (more likely to produce values in certain ranges than others), these are usually "large" ranges though. so the clustering tends to show up in the high order bits, as there will be a tendency to generate numbers in a certain range. even in the "hot ranges", the distribution inside those should be approximately random, hence the low order bits should be more random

also feature request: frame advance style pause (either CSS trigger, or a way to activate it in game or something.) i find myself going into the debug menu to change that pretty frequently. it be cool to not have to do that.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
A couple things.

Here is my most up to date testing DOL file.

20XX 2.07 PRETEST.dol

CHANGE 1:
I've added another function to the COLORS debug menu toggle. Characters will now turn green when they are in the "wait" (standing still), "fall", and "damagefall" (tumble) action states.

This is an effort to try and give players a way to know if they are performing frame perfect actions (for some things...).

Example:

Fox Uthrow -> Jump -> Uair

If performed frame perfect, Fox's action state string for this set of actions will be

throwhi --> kneebend (prejump) --> etc...

If the jump is not frame perfect, the action state string will be

throwhi --> wait (for however many frames you are off by) --> kneebend (prejump) --> etc...

and with this new code addition, fox will turn green during the "wait" frames, making it easier to tell if you linked actions together as soon as possible.

(action state information like this can be easily viewed in DEVELOP debug level [change from default MASTER in the debug menu] by pressing Y+D-pad Down in a match)

All the other normal COLOR changes still exist as well.
This is just an experiment for trying to help people do frame perfect things.

Please try it out and give me feedback as to whether or not you you find it useful and if I should keep it in there for the next release. I think it has a lot of potential for helping players.
@Sorry:(

CHANGE 2:
The problems caused with P2 CPU (spacies?) getting "stuck" in performing a teching action should be fixed. So doing things like Marth chaingrab practice against spacies should be MUCH better. This may fix the CPU air dodging problem as well (????). I haven't tested these changes on a console so I need feedback.

@ Redd Redd
@ Tee ay eye Tee ay eye

CHANGE 3:
I've also changed the "random" 16-bits used for Random DI and teching. I don't know if this will change anything to be "better" but just did it following Hectohertz's advice mentioned a few posts prior to this. Again, need feedback.

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
<3 u achilles.

also the frame advance pause thing is a super minor feature request. not high priority. but it be cool if i could at least do a hex dol mod to have it enabled by default (like right now i've got colors on by default and certain other things). or a toggle from CSS/ingame.

<3 <3 <3

hopefully this makes the random stuff more random

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, do you think it's will be easy to freeze to the desired damage % selected on training mode ?

With a toogle ( off by defaut ) in the debug menu.

It will be pretty usefull for low % infinite chaingrab/techchase :/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
achilles are you going to any of the summer WC tourneys (evo, mlg)? i want to buy you a meal.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I just posted this as a response on Reddit but I figured I'd post it here as well.

"I think another good training tip with Marth would be to play against P2 CPU as Peach, get her up to 130% or so. Get in a setup (such as one wavedash distance away) and save state. Do a wavedash or dash dance or whatever --> side-b --> utilt or whatever the best followup is for the DI that Peach will input. And then as soon as you hit her or miss her (so before she dies, if you did hit), load the saved state and immediately repeat."

Zoler

Smash Ace
This mod is so awesome and I'm having tons of fun practicing and testing things!

Now we just need CPU's to try to recover until they die to practice edgeguarding, but I understand that it could be very difficult! I noticed that the CPU DI is not completely random though, maybe it's impossible to make it completely random?

Also the game freezes everytime I use a savestate and I'm on the spawning platform right after I've lost a stock.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

edb1rd

Smash Rookie
I must say, excellent implementation of green during the waiting period. This will definitely help with many more things than I ever thought possible. I've already started to notice I could be moving faster after moves.
However, I have now noticed that when trying to chaingrab Fox, he will DI hard to the left or right rather than slightly DIing in the middle and shining like he did in 2.06. I actually thought the previous way was more effective in training as it would make it so that pivot grabs would have to be extremely precise as to not get shined. I feel like this has to do with fixing the CPU airdodging problem or the change of the random DI.
Either way, thank you for everything you've done. This is amazing stuff.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
That ended (and she won!). And thanks so much Hertz! My aunt let me know when she got your donation and she was VERY excited.
great! glad to hear it!

well let us all know if there's any other way we can compensate you for your work. the community appreciates what you're doing so much <3

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles, do you think it's will be easy to freeze to the desired damage % selected on training mode ?

With a toogle ( off by defaut ) in the debug menu.

It will be pretty usefull for low % infinite chaingrab/techchase :/
Yeah, this would be easy. I would just need to find a code line that ONLY gets executed while in training mode (preferably every frame), which I think I know how to do. I'd just make it an ingame toggle to turn freeze percent on/off. D-pad up should be okay for this one, I presume, since it's just training mode.

I'm going to try and find more free space throughout the DOL soon, which I would probably need for this one.

achilles are you going to any of the summer WC tourneys (evo, mlg)? i want to buy you a meal.
No I will not be. I don't do much traveling for smash. I need to start playing more. I've only played about 5 or 6 times in the past 3 months lol. But I think I'm going to be hosting a smashfest tonight, so I'm really pumped about that. It's been all hacking for awhile. If you're ever in Columbus,OH then I'll take you up on the offer!

This mod is so awesome and I'm having tons of fun practicing and testing things!

Now we just need CPU's to try to recover until they die to practice edgeguarding, but I understand that it could be very difficult! I noticed that the CPU DI is not completely random though, maybe it's impossible to make it completely random?

Also the game freezes everytime I use a savestate and I'm on the spawning platform right after I've lost a stock.

Keep up the good work!
Yeah don't do it while on the revival platform. I noted on the main post that that will cause a freeze.
I must say, excellent implementation of green during the waiting period. This will definitely help with many more things than I ever thought possible. I've already started to notice I could be moving faster after moves.
However, I have now noticed that when trying to chaingrab Fox, he will DI hard to the left or right rather than slightly DIing in the middle and shining like he did in 2.06. I actually thought the previous way was more effective in training as it would make it so that pivot grabs would have to be extremely precise as to not get shined. I feel like this has to do with fixing the CPU airdodging problem or the change of the random DI.
Either way, thank you for everything you've done. This is amazing stuff.
The shining actually wasn't supposed to happen. That was the result of the CPU spacie getting "stuck" in that shine --> airdodge down state. I initially wanted spacies to shine asap out of getting thrown, but the way I was doing random DI (more important than shine) wouldn't let me do this. Since Todd Bonney informed me of the hitstun memory address, I may be able to implement this now.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Does this work with Wii's? If so, can someone link instructions to do it? I have Homebrew on by Wii, if that's important.

D

Deleted member

So I just updated the 20XX pack on my card normally and all and when I booted it up and it got to the main menu, the game continuously pressed down. I tried unplugging my controller but that wasn't the problem. I decided it must have been a small bug so I turned off my Wii and was going to try to boot it again. When I attempted to boot it again and I made my way to the homebrew channel, I found out my SD Card got CORRUPTED and that the files where wiped off the card.

I just finished throwing it in my computer and formatting it (FAT32 as usual) and putting all the files in their respective places (The ISO's GALE01 folder is sitting in SD:/games) and now DIOS MIOS Lite won't even recognize that there are any games on the card! (The current device is set to SD and the only option is boot disk in disk drive)

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 or anyone...
Help?

Edit: Okay, It seems that the iso or building it is now the problem. Maybe it's the DIOS MIOS Lite itself that is the problem or I messed up the file structure?

Last edited by a moderator:

garrR

Smash Apprentice
CHANGE 2:
The problems caused with P2 CPU (spacies?) getting "stuck" in performing a teching action should be fixed. So doing things like Marth chaingrab practice against spacies should be MUCH better. This may fix the CPU air dodging problem as well (????). I haven't tested these changes on a console so I need feedback.

@ Redd Redd
@ Tee ay eye Tee ay eye

CHANGE 3:
I've also changed the "random" 16-bits used for Random DI and teching. I don't know if this will change anything to be "better" but just did it following Hectohertz's advice mentioned a few posts prior to this. Again, need feedback.
Just tested your latest build, and these changes seem to have improved things. Against a lvl 1 CPU Fox, I'm getting a much more varied teching pattern than before. This is awesome, thanks a bunch! :)

EDIT:
lvl 1 Falco seems to favor teching to either side heavily over in place/no tech.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok follow up. I ending up finding an SD card and put all my files back on it. I'm really unsure how my other card died as it still reads and holds files just fine.

Dear achillies, you owe me a 8gb Sandisk HDSC card. :dkmelee:
ps -if the result screen is on can you unplug the spoof p2? I get stuck in a loop with the results screen on.

D

Deleted member

OKAY MAJOR SD CARD BREAKING BUG

Alright, I found out what broke my other sd card. The intro demos on the title screen.
Here's what you do:
Boot the game through dios mios lite
Stay on the title screen
Watch one or two of the intro videos (I did two)
Hit A to go back tot the title screen
Hit A again to go to the main menu
Watch the cursor fly rapidly. If you reset the system your sd card dies. Enjoy.

The only way I could get the cursor to stop moving is after doing the glitch and stopping it in the first few seconds of the movie. My guess is what triggers it is the dummy P2.

Edit: apparently this is known.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
OKAY MAJOR SD CARD BREAKING BUG

Alright, I found out what broke my other sd card. The intro demos on the title screen.
Here's what you do:
Boot the game through dios mios lite
Stay on the title screen
Watch one or two of the intro videos (I did two)
Hit A to go back tot the title screen
Hit A again to go to the main menu
Watch the cursor fly rapidly. If you reset the system your sd card dies. Enjoy.

The only way I could get the cursor to stop moving is after doing the glitch and stopping it in the first few seconds of the movie. My guess is what triggers it is the dummy P2.

Edit: apparently this is known.
Thanks for this. I'll look into it asap when I get a chance! I'm sorry that happened. There should be a way to revive that SD card...
I had the cursor doing that for me earlier and I rebooted the Wii and everything worked fine. I think I know how to fix this....I think.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for this. I'll look into it asap when I get a chance! I'm sorry that happened. There should be a way to revive that SD card...
I had the cursor doing that for me earlier and I rebooted the Wii and everything worked fine. I think I know how to fix this....I think.
My guess is that the 2p cpu and dummy controller in the P2 slot have conflicting inputs when you are in the game's kiosk mode. I think if you make it so the dummy p2 is plugged in only ingame and on the css/sss this would fix it.

I seriously can't fix my card. I've tried to format it and put back the files on it dozens of times to no avail. :(

Achilles1515

Smash Master
My guess is that the 2p cpu and dummy controller in the P2 slot have conflicting inputs when you are in the game's kiosk mode. I think if you make it so the dummy p2 is plugged in only ingame and on the css/sss this would fix it.

I seriously can't fix my card. I've tried to format it and put back the files on it dozens of times to no avail. :(
So you're using Dios Mios Booter, right?

Try using CFG Loader. I just tried it on my "broken" card that was having the same problem as you (Dios Mios Booter not recognizing the ISO) and it's working. My card was reformatted as FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

Here's the download link for my CFG Loader files.

Put the "usb-loader" folder on the root of your SD card and the "USBLoader" folder in your "apps" folder.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
This might've already been found but when you press R+Dpad down against a P2 Marth he will sometimes do the final dancing blade without having to do the start up blades. Is this just a glitch or can something like this actually be done?

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
You (and the others helping) are incredible. I can't believe how many amazing features this thing has now.

Umm idk. If it's not just a simple change of a byte at some memory location then I probably won't be able to implement it. I'll check into it at some point.
Can you just tell the in-match start button code to do what the debug mode start button does? Or create a custom DBLEVEL option that blocks all the special button stuff aside from the start button?

Before the newest update, what I would do is just set the DBLEVEL to DEVELOP, and then exit out and go to VS Mode. This let me use all the debug mode features, and the 20XX features at the same time. The problem now is that I can only enable 0% or 100% of the 20XX button combinations, and some of them collide with debug mode shortcuts (mainly R+dpad) The only features keeping me chained to debug mode are the superior pause button (instant, frame skip, and no UI junk) and the Y+Down Debug mode option to see the action states and frame counts.

Sorry to further request stuff after all your hard work, just really excited that this thing is nearing perfection.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This might've already been found but when you press R+Dpad down against a P2 Marth he will sometimes do the final dancing blade without having to do the start up blades. Is this just a glitch or can something like this actually be done?
Ha that's cool.

So what that P2 action toggle is doing is forcing p2 into an action state to which I designate. The action state of a grounded spacie shine is given a hex value of 0x130 or something like that (I forget the exact value - currently laying in bed). So I am telling p2 to go into action state 130 [shine] after kneebend (prejump), and I think they also go into 130 immediately after you toggle it on.

What's happening with Marth is 130 must designate that final dancing blade swing for him. And then the other stuff isn't working because it's the wrong move, and timings, etc. And he's probably never going back into shield because conditionals aren't met.

It's only meant for spacies. Every other character will do weird stuff or freeze the game (say if the 130 action state doesn't correspond to an action for that character).

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Ha that's cool.

So what that P2 action toggle is doing is forcing p2 into an action state to which I designate. The action state of a grounded spacie shine is given a hex value of 0x130 or something like that (I forget the exact value - currently laying in bed). So I am telling p2 to go into action state 130 [shine] after kneebend (prejump), and I think they also go into 130 immediately after you toggle it on.

What's happening with Marth is 130 must designate that final dancing blade swing for him. And then the other stuff isn't working because it's the wrong move, and timings, etc. And he's probably never going back into shield because conditionals aren't met.

It's only meant for spacies. Every other character will do weird stuff or freeze the game (say if the 130 action state doesn't correspond to an action for that character).
Alright thanks for the info. This isn't really an issue at all btw just curious

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Ha that's cool.

cool method for doing the shine oos, are there any cool unused animation states you know of? Just thought of something, are the win screen animations the same type of animation states? you could assign those animation states to directions of the Dpad and give characters multiple taunts like in brawl. Is this possible?

D

Deleted member

cool method for doing the shine oos, are there any cool unused animation states you know of? Just thought of something, are the win screen animations the same type of animation states? you could assign those animation states to directions of the Dpad and give characters multiple taunts like in brawl. Is this possible?
I don't have the link to the thread, but I think somebody brought this up before.
It is interesting how in adventure mode a character will do their winning animation after defeating bowser.
Video for reference: http://youtu.be/9QmBRDxLqrc?t=10m33s

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
A couple things.

Here is my most up to date testing DOL file.

20XX 2.07 PRETEST.dol

CHANGE 1:
I've added another function to the COLORS debug menu toggle. Characters will now turn green when they are in the "wait" (standing still), "fall", and "damagefall" (tumble) action states.

This is an effort to try and give players a way to know if they are performing frame perfect actions (for some things...).

Example:

Fox Uthrow -> Jump -> Uair

If performed frame perfect, Fox's action state string for this set of actions will be

throwhi --> kneebend (prejump) --> etc...

If the jump is not frame perfect, the action state string will be

throwhi --> wait (for however many frames you are off by) --> kneebend (prejump) --> etc...

and with this new code addition, fox will turn green during the "wait" frames, making it easier to tell if you linked actions together as soon as possible.

(action state information like this can be easily viewed in DEVELOP debug level [change from default MASTER in the debug menu] by pressing Y+D-pad Down in a match)

All the other normal COLOR changes still exist as well.
This is just an experiment for trying to help people do frame perfect things.

Please try it out and give me feedback as to whether or not you you find it useful and if I should keep it in there for the next release. I think it has a lot of potential for helping players.
@Sorry:(

CHANGE 2:

@ Redd Redd
@ Tee ay eye Tee ay eye

CHANGE 3:

Green for wait states is very interesting, although since it is frequent and distracting, it might work well as a separate color option. So: Off, On, and On+Green.

I'm not too familiar with the "airdodging problem" that spacies have, but I just saw Falco airdodge while recovering offstage a few times on Transformless Stadium. I think he was too far away to make it back though. (Edit: Nope, he is indeed air-dodging when high up and over the stage, or just a bit off to the side of the stage)

Guessing it's due to you calling it a testing build, but a lot of custom visuals seem to be missing/screwed up. (Alt stages in Japanese, debug mode menu shortcut still called "tournament mode", etc.)

The short hop laser mode with Falco is awesome, but is there any way to get him to vary the heights? They all seem to be at the same level.

I'm in love with these color mods; the hitstun and missed L-cancel ones are invaluable. Some other really useful ones might be:

* Turn a color during the frames where your tech attempt failed, and thus you can't tech again.

* Flash a color for maybe 30 frames when you could have teched, but didn't even try.

* Turn a color when you could be jumping out of your shine, but you aren't.

* Flash a color on the frame where you have to input the stick motion to SWD as Samus.

* Turn a color as soon as you can input the next "A" when attempting a gentleman.

* Turn a color while invulnerable /or/ intangible.

Actually, to avoid creating a lot of custom ones, maybe something like the "input spam" method could be used? The player presses a button combination, and it stores what character state they're in. They pick a color, and then any time someone is in that state in the future, they turn that color. Would require frame advance though, and the character state indicator.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is actually a really interesting idea....I'll definitely have to look into it.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
My friend and I were playing around with the Male Wireframe and it seems that if P2 selects Wireframe and then changes color it'll set the image to Yoshi and freeze P2's controller until it's turned off and back on. At one point we got the CSS to show question marks for most of the characters on the CSS but I haven't been able to replicate it so I'm not entirely sure how that happened.

Acryte

Smash Ace
The turning green is a great inclusion, and hitlag from shine would be very useful.

achilles, what are your thoughts on the possibility of using freespace from non-dol files, such as the common dat files? Has much research been done into that yet? There is so much space in those files that can be trimmed when you look at trophies and videos etc.

"* Turn a color when you could be jumping out of your shine, but you aren't." Not bad.

Invulnerable colors are unnecessary, just turn on the hitbox/hurtboxes and you can see when you turn invulnerable...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So you're using Dios Mios Booter, right?

Try using CFG Loader. I just tried it on my "broken" card that was having the same problem as you (Dios Mios Booter not recognizing the ISO) and it's working. My card was reformatted as FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

Here's the download link for my CFG Loader files.

Put the "usb-loader" folder on the root of your SD card and the "USBLoader" folder in your "apps" folder.
I got CFG installed on my card now. I'm using the d2x iso with it that was recommended.
The game's load times are HORRIBLE - More than 45 seconds to load the main menu and the music keeps messing up! The CSS isn't loading whatsoever either!

Top Bottom