• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I've been using 20XX Hack Pack for a couple of months now and I realised there's something off with the save/load state feature. Originally Marth's tipper f-air deals 13% damage but when you save / load state like 3-4 times it only does 7-8% after that? tested on multiple tv's and setups.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Stale-move_negation

It doesn't reset when loading a state.

Gavinwie

Smash Rookie
Hello, I noticed a bug within the hack. If you go to sudden death against the player 2 AI, if you win, after the match, the game will think that the player 2 slot is actually a controller. This means that you cannot proceed past the results screen. The only solution I found was resetting the game. Here are a few things that might be causing this issue.

1. I was playing this on a Wii.
2. I had a second controller plugged in.
3. I had the max allowable damage toggled, which meant that after I hit the computer, it went from 300% damage to 175% damage.
4. I was playing on the default rules, and finished the match with 3 stocks on the computer and the AI.
5. I was playing green sheik, and the AI was playing Lvl 1 Falco with default costume.
6. I played on FD.

Thanks. Awesome work guys. Hope you patch this minor issue in the future.
I've had this problem as well, but it happens every match, not just when in sudden death.

Flossy

Smash Cadet
Is there something I can do to make the game not crash when playing a single player mode? I'd like to do all star but the game just crashes when I get a little into it. I think that it has something to do with the alt costumes overriding trophies but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Didact25

Smash Rookie
Have you tried it? For the life of me I cannot get Fox to freeze when he's in the second state. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, could I ask you to try it the next time you boot up 20XX?
yeah i can do it pretty consistently. You have to press up on dpad shortly after pressing b. You might have to put your hands in an awkward position to do it though.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
First I want to say thanks Achilles, this is great. I use Dolphin, so if it doesn't work that's fine. But whenever I try to turn on hurtboxes, it forces the spacy to shffl dair. I think its because the code for hurtboxes is the same as the up throw up air fox one? Tried spoofing a 3rd port controller but it didn't work, both spacys, etc. Also, why does the subaction display show decimals for some moves? Thanks in advance!
I know it's been a couple weeks, so maybe you've figured it out already, but I don't think this has been answered so I'll take a stab.

It sounds like you have the DBLEVEL set to Develop, which turns on the normal debug controls as well. He mentioned in the OP that this can interfere with the ones in the pack.
There are two workarounds to this. Specifically, using the built-in 20XX toggles for collision bubbles (Y+Right does it for all characters), which will simultaneously revert you to default size via the debug control (which isn't a problem).
Alternatively, you could use the debug control for collision bubbles (which is what you're currently doing) and just press L+R+Down or L+R+Up afterward depending on whether you wanted P2 to attack at you normally or just stand there (with L+R+Up you'll have to wait 3 seconds without pressing anything if you want P2 to just stand there).

Someone else might be able to answer the decimal frames question better than me. However, my initial observation was that it occurred when I l-canceled, so a guess could be that it happens when your character is performing an action at a faster speed than normal.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I know it's been a couple weeks, so maybe you've figured it out already, but I don't think this has been answered so I'll take a stab.

It sounds like you have the DBLEVEL set to Develop, which turns on the normal debug controls as well. He mentioned in the OP that this can interfere with the ones in the pack.
There are two workarounds to this. Specifically, using the built-in 20XX toggles for collision bubbles (Y+Right does it for all characters), which will simultaneously revert you to default size via the debug control (which isn't a problem).
Alternatively, you could use the debug control for collision bubbles (which is what you're currently doing) and just press L+R+Down or L+R+Up afterward depending on whether you wanted P2 to attack at you normally or just stand there (with L+R+Up you'll have to wait 3 seconds without pressing anything if you want P2 to just stand there).

Someone else might be able to answer the decimal frames question better than me. However, my initial observation was that it occurred when I l-canceled, so a guess could be that it happens when your character is performing an action at a faster speed than normal.
Thanks, I realized they were conflicting I just didn't know why. Is this a Dolphin specific thing? Or do I just need to set the debug level to something else? I figure out that I was using the list of controls from the wiki and not 20XX specific ones, so I got that fixed. I also figured out that if I turn off music but not sound effects, it will always have the expanded screen, but if I quit it keeps the music off and loads the stage normally. And I also figured out the decimal thing. Its because I was using a weight dependent throw. Everything else was normal, just Marth's up throw. It wasn't an issue, just was confused

tl;dr Figured most of it out, is there a different debug level I should use?

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
Thanks, I realized they were conflicting I just didn't know why. Is this a Dolphin specific thing? Or do I just need to set the debug level to something else? I figure out that I was using the list of controls from the wiki and not 20XX specific ones, so I got that fixed. I also figured out that if I turn off music but not sound effects, it will always have the expanded screen, but if I quit it keeps the music off and loads the stage normally. And I also figured out the decimal thing. Its because I was using a weight dependent throw. Everything else was normal, just Marth's up throw. It wasn't an issue, just was confused

tl;dr Figured most of it out, is there a different debug level I should use?
Mine defaults to Master and I think that's what it says in the OP, so go with that one if you want to turn of the debug features. That reminds me that I forgot to mention a third option, you can turn off the 20XX In-Game Code Toggles on the same screen, which will allow you to use just the debug controls from the wiki.
Interesting about the expanded screen with the music setting. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but I've been playing with the music turned off as well for quite a while.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Decimal frame numbers are used for action states that have variable animation speeds, which is what you found out. Take shieldstun for example. Every character has a shield stun animation created to be 20 frames long. Different attacks generate different amounts of shieldstun. In order to preserve the entire shieldstun animation, the speed at which is occurs is adjusted to match the total number of frames from the shieldstun calculation.

Is there something I can do to make the game not crash when playing a single player mode? I'd like to do all star but the game just crashes when I get a little into it. I think that it has something to do with the alt costumes overriding trophies but I'm not sure.
It is the alt costumes causing the crashes. There is not really anything you can do about it with the current version that is out.

How did you make it so that all the characters and stages were unlocked?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-dol-mod-topic.326347/

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I think its another overlap. Same toggle to turn off music also zooms out the screen. So if I leave it on master I can still use 20xx toggles or is this a Dolphin issue?

Ninten PANdA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PANdA
Decimal frame numbers are used for action states that have variable animation speeds, which is what you found out. Take shieldstun for example. Every character has a shield stun animation created to be 20 frames long. Different attacks generate different amounts of shieldstun. In order to preserve the entire shieldstun animation, the speed at which is occurs is adjusted to match the total number of frames from the shieldstun calculation.

It is the alt costumes causing the crashes. There is not really anything you can do about it with the current version that is out.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-dol-mod-topic.326347/
Thanks, man!

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
So I will try some more soon, but how do I get frame advance if I dont set it to develop? Or if I want frame advance I turn off in game toggles and just use traditional debug mode toggles?

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
So I will try some more soon, but how do I get frame advance if I dont set it to develop? Or if I want frame advance I turn off in game toggles and just use traditional debug mode toggles?
Debug Level
  • This is the same vanilla Debug Menu toggle for switching the game level. Only use "Master" or "Develop".
    • Master - default, regular game.
    • Develop - adds button activators for various functions while playing a match.
      • Some of my codes interfere with these built-in toggles and may cause problems/freezing.
      • Frame Advance and Action State Display still work, which are amazingly helpful tools for figuring out frame data.
      • More info.
So yes, the latter is correct.

Last edited:

justalittlekid

Smash Rookie
My friend is always complaining about input lag when playing, but I'm perfectly fine when playing. Can two different controllers have different input lag on 20XX?

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
My friend is always complaining about input lag when playing, but I'm perfectly fine when playing. Can two different controllers have different input lag on 20XX?
If your TV has lag and his doesn't, that's the problem. You might be used to it, this has nothing to do with 20XX.

Stride

Smash Ace
An led, but I'm using wii component cables to hook it up to the tv. So the lag shouldn't be that bad right?
With component cables and progressive scan the lag isn't as bad as it would be with interlaced scan (the only option if using composite cables), but it's still bad. It'll be a few frames; enough to seriously mess up techskill and reduce reaction windows. It varies a lot between different models of TV so I can't be specific about how much it'll be.

Even anything as low as half a frame is a significant amount of lag, and no non-CRT TV will have that little; you'd have to use a monitor.

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
An led, but I'm using wii component cables to hook it up to the tv. So the lag shouldn't be that bad right?
The best way to experience Melee is on a CRT that has near or literally 0 frames of input delay (I think it's 0 or close to, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
I installed 20XX into my 1.2 ISO but when it loaded on my Wii I didn't have everything unlocked, anyone care to shed some light to where I went wrong?

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've been having this problem for so long and I've asked in so many different spots for a solution, and no one has known what to do.

MY CPUS ARE NOT DI-ing RANDOMLY. I don't know why. I'm using 1st port, the cpu is 2nd port.

Also, after I take the first stock, the cpu becomes a smurf controller. WTF. PLZ HALP

Stride

Smash Ace
The best way to experience Melee is on a CRT that has near or literally 0 frames of input delay (I think it's 0 or close to, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
The actual time taken for the image to draw is a few nanoseconds, but image processing still adds a few milliseconds (this is unavoidable; any display will have at least that amount). Certain models of CRT TVs have post-processing that adds more lag, though these are rare and even then the lag is usually relatively low. The console itself has several frames of built-in latency regardless of the display used.

CRTs have the least lag of any useable display.

I installed 20XX into my 1.2 ISO but when it loaded on my Wii I didn't have everything unlocked, anyone care to shed some light to where I went wrong?
Do you have the other features you should have (debug menu, C-stick in single player mode, in-game toggles, etc.)? If not then you haven't built the .iso properly.

Okay, I've been having this problem for so long and I've asked in so many different spots for a solution, and no one has known what to do.

MY CPUS ARE NOT DI-ing RANDOMLY. I don't know why. I'm using 1st port, the cpu is 2nd port.

Also, after I take the first stock, the cpu becomes a smurf controller. WTF. PLZ HALP
See:
Are all the other features there (debug menu, alternate stages, etc.)? If anything's missing that would indicate you've built the .iso incorrectly.

Make sure that controller spoofing is enabled for player 2 in the debug menu (Debug Menu->General Codes->Spoof Controllers). It's on by default but make sure you haven't turned it off by accident.

If you're using any of the in-game toggles that affect the CPU's actions (hold shield, move spam, etc.) then it won't DI or tech normally since the codes override its inputs to make it perform the actions.

You have set it so the opponent is a CPU and not a human, haven't you?
Are you sure that it's not DIing randomly? Does the CPU still tech like it should, or does it miss tech the overwhelming majority of the time like a vanilla CPU does?

The CPU's icon behinds its damage display at the bottom of the screen sometimes changes colour to what it would be if it was human (blue when in port 2, etc.). This is a side-effect of the CPU modifications and is purely aesthetic; the CPU doesn't act any differently when the colour changes. Is that what you're referring to when you say "the CPU becomes a smurf controller"?

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure that it's not DIing randomly? Does the CPU still tech like it should, or does it miss tech the overwhelming majority of the time like a vanilla CPU does?

The CPU's icon behinds its damage display at the bottom of the screen sometimes changes colour to what it would be if it was human (blue when in port 2, etc.). This is a side-effect of the CPU modifications and is purely aesthetic; the CPU doesn't act any differently when the colour changes. Is that what you're referring to when you say "the CPU becomes a smurf controller"?
It does randomly DI, but very rarely. Sometimes I will start a match and the cpu will DI randomly and tech randomly, but more often than not it will just act like a vanilla cpu in those regards.

And when I say smurf controller I mean that (only sometimes) the cpu stops doing anything and starts acting like there is a controller plugged into second port. So it just stands there, and doesn't get up when knocked down, and doesn't recover. This happens less frquently than the first problem.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
You didn't put the "Start.dol" file in the "&&systemdata" folder. :)

Yung Clap

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with my debug menu. I used it one time to activate frame count, but when I went back to turn it off my debug menu was blank and their was no text shown. I could still scroll threw the menu (i can hear myself scrolling), but I cant see anything.

I've tired deleting my current Melee ISO with the patch applied on it and tried reapplying the patch but that didn't work. I also deleted my Melee ISO completely and found another one online and applied the patch and it still didn't work (I'm using 1.02). I've tired deleting my save file on my memory card and that did not work either.

I'm running 20XX off of my laptop on Dolphin for frame data research. Is my problem occurring because I'm using dolphin and not a console?

Really would appreciate if someone could help me out, I can't find any help online.

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been answered (though I went through the FAQ and didn't see anything on it), but why doesn't grabbing work in training mode? I've noticed this issue before but kinda wrote it off as a one time thing, but every time I've been in training mode recently, the grabs always whiff. Like they have a 0% success rate. Is there something I toggled that causes this problem? or is there no current fix atm?

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
My 20xx has been starting to act weird lately, even though it worked fine in the beginning. All of a sudden,
- L/R alternate characters don't work
- can't toggle hacked stages
- debug menu is permanently turbo-scroll
etc. All that happened afaik was someone putting something else on the SD card, but I've deleted 20xx saves from the memory card and rebuilt the iso, and deleted everything else from the SD card, but the errors remain. Any idea what could be wrong?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm not sure why things would stop working overtime. That doesn't make sense to me, especially after deleting the memory card data. Have you guys tried another loader (for the Dios Mios users)? So like switching to CFG Loader from Dios Mios Booter for example.

I use CFG Loader primarily and have never had it happen to me, but you guys also use 20XX more than I do.

On another note, I finally got around to finishing the new color overlays code. At least I think it's done...

The final addition was a color overlay for a perfect wavedash (perfect timing and longest distance)... and holy s**t it is hard as hell to do. I did only one in like 7 mins of wavedashing around FD.

I think I need to add one more option, though. And that is for an overlay for "perfect timing" wavedash that excludes the necessity for max length. A max length wavedash is not always desirable, but timing it perfectly (Kneebend immediately into LandingFallSpecial) usually is.

Thanks, @Kadano for the wavedash research.

Stride

Smash Ace
The final addition was a color overlay for a perfect wavedash (perfect timing and longest distance)... and holy s**t it is hard as hell to do. I did only one in like 7 mins of wavedashing around FD.

I think I need to add one more option, though. And that is for an overlay for "perfect timing" wavedash that excludes the necessity for max length. A max length wavedash is not always desirable, but timing it perfectly (Kneebend immediately into LandingFallSpecial) usually is.

Thanks, @Kadano for the wavedash research.
You could always just use a narrow range for the angle rather than requiring it to be absolutely perfect. Or even better: it could be a user-defined range.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You could always just use a narrow range for the angle rather than requiring it to be absolutely perfect. Or even better: it could be a user-defined range.
We're talking about 20XX training; this isn't child's play. Perfect or go home :awesome:

User defined range would be...doable. Maybe I should just do this. Dam you, Stride! Now I'm going to have to make an entire new submenu specifically dedicated to wavedashing.

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Achilles you should be putting out some 20XX betas so we can help you in your noble journey of perfection

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles you should be putting out some 20XX betas so we can help you in your noble journey of perfection
I would like to "pretty soon". The problem is that a lot of important functions are not hooked into the DOL yet because I know I want to add more to them in the near future. So instead of finding a specific spot for them in the DOL and injecting them and then going through the process of adding to the code and reinjecting and possibly needing to move the code to a new location, etc., I just leave them as Gecko codes until I feel like they are complete.

So if I gave you my ISO right now you'd be like "...wtf is this s**t???"
(slight exaggeration)

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
Hey I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been answered (though I went through the FAQ and didn't see anything on it), but why doesn't grabbing work in training mode? I've noticed this issue before but kinda wrote it off as a one time thing, but every time I've been in training mode recently, the grabs always whiff. Like they have a 0% success rate. Is there something I toggled that causes this problem? or is there no current fix atm?
I had this problem at one point too. Not sure what I did to solve it though. It might've been making sure the spoofed controller was on the correct player, or maybe it was deleting the save file. Or maybe I didn't solve it, chalked it up as just a Dolphin thing, and used versus mode only. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Edit: I can confirm mine is currently working in Dolphin. So it was likely one of those solutions. Deleting the save file resets the debug settings to default if I'm not mistaken, so if that doesn't fix it my guess is it's probably your iso.

Last edited:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
When trying to play I get "no Fat device or no /games folder"
Both of those are incorrect

UPDATE
Used my SD card instead of my USB and it worked, but the picture is off center

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Have you rewritten the save states for 4.0? I think that making it impossible to freeze the game with them would be a huge time saver for a lot of people.

Top Bottom