• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

shuall

Smash Apprentice
I just realized, I think some of the 0 areas you're using to store code are actually part of the character font you use when making names. Unless they're getting corrupted by some other means, I only see 'fuzz' in the blank space above the period character, for example. The actual colored in part of the character is never affected. Are the 0 areas you're using interspersed with blocks of FF?

edit: it seems I'm a little late to party

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I just realized, I think some of the 0 areas you're using to store code are actually part of the character font you use when making names. Unless they're getting corrupted by some other means, I only see 'fuzz' in the blank space above the period character, for example. The actual colored in part of the character is never affected. Are the 0 areas you're using interspersed with blocks of FF?
There's a bit of talk about this a couple pages back.

stevecheeseman

Smash Rookie
i watched a video of the 20XX hack pack which showed when L-cancelling incorrectly, when in hit stun and some other things. how do i enable these settings?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
i watched a video of the 20XX hack pack which showed when L-cancelling incorrectly, when in hit stun and some other things. how do i enable these settings?
So in the Debug Menu you can enable all those color toggles.
Go to Gameplay codes. Color Overlays and L Cancel is what you are looking for.
Good luck

stevecheeseman

Smash Rookie
check the initial post on the first page, everything is described there ;)
the only place i see mention of l cancelling and hitstun is in v2.06, was this removed in the latest version?
So in the Debug Menu you can enable all those color toggles.
Go to Gameplay codes. Color Overlays and L Cancel is what you are looking for.
Good luck
muchas gracias my friend

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I have a few requests:

• The setting of Luigi's Side-B, instead of a "always misfire", it could be a numerical number from 0% to 100% misfire rate (each 0.5 or 2.5%), or 0/8, 1/8 (default), 2/8... to 8/8.

• Custom G&W Colour: In the debug menu, based on player slot or current G&W colour (idk which one is possible), having the option to choose any colour for that character. I read somewhere G&W colour is a simple hexadecimal number (RRRGGGBBB), so the player could choose any colour he wants, like the custom shield colour.

• Implementing some character flags from the Crazy mod (some might have already been suggested, I just compile them here):
- Scale (character size, like Big Melee and Tiny Melee)
- sub color (able to pick full black and full grey color)
- damage set (like the handicap setting in Brawl, the player starts each stocks with x%, number chosen)
- offence/defence ratio (like the handicap in Melee, but specific to a player)
- Stock Delta (like Project M replacement to % handicap, add/remove stocks different to the base settings, so a player can have 2 stocks compared to other players 4 base stocks.
- Speed (Can choose a custom speed, not limited to training mode or Slow-mo Melee or Lightning Melee.

These are not some high-priority-worthy suggestions, but it would be a nice addition to all the options already available.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
the only place i see mention of l cancelling and hitstun is in v2.06, was this removed in the latest version?
No. It's in the debug menu.

Also @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 if it's completely changeable, maybe making "Debug Menu" into "20XX Menu" would be better.

• Custom G&W Colour: In the debug menu, based on player slot or current G&W colour (idk which one is possible), having the option to choose any colour for that character. I read somewhere G&W colour is a simple hexadecimal number (RRRGGGBBB), so the player could choose any colour he wants, like the custom shield colour.
And custom shine colors per costume :D

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Request: Light press L-cancel indicator
Similar to the existing L-cancel flash code, when the player L-cancels with a hard (digital) instead of a light (analog) press of the shield button, the character will flash (perhaps yellow). This would allow players to condition themselves to L-cancel with a light press of the shield button (so that they don't miss techs due to trying to L-cancel and activating the 40 frame no-tech window).

Another code that could be used in conjunction with or as an alternative to this would be one that makes L-cancels not take effect at all if the shield button is hard pressed. I think this would speed up learning considerably, and prevent players who are learning to L-cancel from subconsciously learning to hard-press since they wouldn't be rewarded for it.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Similar to the existing L-cancel flash code, when the player L-cancels with a hard (digital) instead of a light (analog) press of the shield button, the character will flash (perhaps yellow). This would allow players to condition themselves to L-cancel with a light press of the shield button (so that they don't miss techs due to trying to L-cancel and activating the 40 frame no-tech window).

Another code that could be used in conjunction or as an alternative to this would be one that makes L-cancels not take effect at all if the shield button is hard pressed. I think this would speed up learning considerably, and prevent players who are learning to L-cancel from subconsciously learning to hard-press since they wouldn't be rewarded for it.
Very good suggestion. It might take some time to figure out how to do this, but it would be a great thing to add in there. I really wish I L-cancelled with a light press...so many missed techs.

And custom shine colors per costume :D
I briefly looked into this and not only is the shine effect shared between Fox and Falco, but it is only loaded once into memory and then ALL space animals on-screen reference this location single location. So I don't think this is possible at the moment.

I have a few requests:

• The setting of Luigi's Side-B, instead of a "always misfire", it could be a numerical number from 0% to 100% misfire rate (each 0.5 or 2.5%), or 0/8, 1/8 (default), 2/8... to 8/8.

• Implementing some character flags from the Crazy mod (some might have already been suggested, I just compile them here):
- Scale (character size, like Big Melee and Tiny Melee)
- sub color (able to pick full black and full grey color)
- damage set (like the handicap setting in Brawl, the player starts each stocks with x%, number chosen)
- offence/defence ratio (like the handicap in Melee, but specific to a player)
- Stock Delta (like Project M replacement to % handicap, add/remove stocks different to the base settings, so a player can have 2 stocks compared to other players 4 base stocks.
- Speed (Can choose a custom speed, not limited to training mode or Slow-mo Melee or Lightning Melee.

These are not some high-priority-worthy suggestions, but it would be a nice addition to all the options already available.
I totally agree with the misfire suggestion. Gives more flexibility and can accomplish the same thing.

Custom G&W Color - I've thought of this as well but have not looked into it at all. I'm sure it can be done, and the color might be able to be changed midgame (rainbow G&W lol).

Player Flags - I know we talked about this a few pages back, and it is something that I want to implement. There's just a lot of things to coordinate with this one, and I'm trying to make a complete list of everything to add, and also think about the most efficient way to put it in the debug menu. It's on my mind...

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium

Another code that could be used in conjunction with or as an alternative to this would be one that makes L-cancels not take effect at all if the shield button is hard pressed. I think this would speed up learning considerably, and prevent players who are learning to L-cancel from subconsciously learning to hard-press since they wouldn't be rewarded for it.
This needs to be a thing. It sounds like another really good tool for improving/ getting rid of bad habits (I could really use that!)
Excellent.
What other common bad habits are we missing?

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else had issues getting the PAL characters to work? I'm trying to start the game as PAL sheik, but no matter what I try to do it always comes out as NTSC sheik.

You're only supposed to press and hold R while picking the character, correct?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Has anyone else had issues getting the PAL characters to work? I'm trying to start the game as PAL sheik, but no matter what I try to do it always comes out as NTSC sheik.

It's a very clear toggle. After you put your token on the character press R digitally. The background color will turn yellow. If it doen't then press R again until it does

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

- Select your character
- Press R once
- Start a match

Last edited:

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, doesn't appear to be working. Perhaps I accidentally updated to an older version of 20xx

shuall

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 This is a request that would probably only be useful to IC mains, but is it possible to show hitstun while someone is in grab?
Practicing blizzobling/jabobbling, while not a super good use of my time, is something for which it would be really useful.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Hmm, doesn't appear to be working. Perhaps I accidentally updated to an older version of 20xx
You're lucky that it's so incredibly easy to update your .iso
So go ahead and update to 3.01 and come back and tell us your result
I, personally, could not live w/o 20XX PAL Sheik

Last edited:

tschafer64

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to access the original debug menu from the hack pack? I want to mess around with 6 player melees

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
You're lucky that it's so incredibly easy to update your .iso
So go ahead and update to 3.01 and come back and tell us your result
I, personally, could not live w/o 20XX PAL Sheik
That was indeed the problem. Had too many .iso's scattered around my SSBM/20xx folder and accidentally loaded the wrong one onto the USB. Now I'm getting the yellow background and the blue/green line around the portrait. Great success!

TheKobanator

Smash Rookie
After updating to 3.01 I notice quite a bit of freezing. Most notably on the SSS after the stage is chosen and it's waiting to load, the stage never loads and the game just freezes. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or if it's on my end and has something to do with my file replacements

Edit: I'm a scrub and Achilles is amazing.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 This is a request that would probably only be useful to IC mains, but is it possible to show hitstun while someone is in grab?
Practicing blizzobling/jabobbling, while not a super good use of my time, is something for which it would be really useful.
How I understand it there is a countdown started when someone is grabbed, and when it hits zero, the grab release happens. Wobbling resets it. If this is correct, I bet it would be possible to put that countdown as one of the percents, like frame counter.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
How I understand it there is a countdown started when someone is grabbed, and when it hits zero, the grab release happens. Wobbling resets it. If this is correct, I bet it would be possible to put that countdown as one of the percents, like frame counter.
Cool, and I assume by 'reset' you don't mean reset the release timer to 0, because then a lot of characters could 'wobble' with just their pummel. It more stalls the release until hitstun is over, and then supplies infinite hitstun.

It'd be nice to get just the teal overlay on hitstun while being grabbed.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
No L-Cancel for Hard L/R Press (1.02) [Achilles]
Code:
C208D690 00000004
89C50680 2C0E0007
4180000C 88A5067F
48000008 38A000FF
60000000 00000000
@ Stride Stride , please test.
I havent tested this, but I like how fast you can implement an idea given. That's incredible!
I'd like to test it but I don't know how.
I am supposed to use Hex Editor right? How and where do I type in this code?
Also the "(1.02)" does that mean it will be in the next patch if successfull?

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to have a debug toggle "Disable Star KO" ?

It would remove the star KO in the ceiling and any character would die by touching the ceiling as it would on the sides of the stage.

In classic mode, the computers in Team round (against 10 opponents) have this kind of KO, so maybe that setting can be used to apply to all players.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is it possible to have a debug toggle "Disable Star KO" ?
And disable revival platform :D (When you load a state after dying but before the revival platform, it has an interesting effect where you fall in from the ceiling, not invincible at all. Saves a lot of time)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I havent tested this, but I like how fast you can implement an idea given. That's incredible!
I'd like to test it but I don't know how.
I am supposed to use Hex Editor right? How and where do I type in this code?
Also the "(1.02)" does that mean it will be in the next patch if successfull?
That's a gecko code. You can use it with Dolphin easily, or on console with ocarina cheats. Look up a guide for Dolphin to begin with. (1.02) just means what version of smash the code is for because they are not directly cross compatible between versions.
Grab hitstun...so the state when they are grabbed and their only options are to mash out or wait?

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
That's a gecko code. You can use it with Dolphin easily, or on console with ocarina cheats. Look up a guide for Dolphin to begin with. (1.02) just means what version of smash the code is for because they are not directly cross compatible between versions.

Grab hitstun...so the state when they are grabbed and their only options are to mash out or wait?
yeah. grab stuff is weird. so i think this is the way grab breaking works:
- when you get grabbed, theres a calculation based on the % you were at when the grab starts. this is the number of mash inputs you need to break the grab. every mash input that gets registered during the grab decrements this counter. if the counter hits zero AND youre not in hitstun/hitlag, you break the grab.

wobbling works by keeping them perpetually in hitstun/hitlag.

obvs it could be a counter that gets added to everytime you get a mash input, but same diff

i *think* there' a different AS for being in grab as from being in grab hitstun (Capture vs CaptureDamage maybe)

edit: interesting, found a kadano post saying CaptureDamage is always 20 frames long. its definitely a diff AS. post is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/kada...-data-application.337035/page-4#post-15895346

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
yeah. grab stuff is weird. so i think this is the way grab breaking works:
- when you get grabbed, theres a calculation based on the % you were at when the grab starts. this is the number of mash inputs you need to break the grab. every mash input that gets registered during the grab decrements this counter. if the counter hits zero AND youre not in hitstun/hitlag, you break the grab.

wobbling works by keeping them perpetually in hitstun/hitlag.

obvs it could be a counter that gets added to everytime you get a mash input, but same diff

i *think* there' a different AS for being in grab as from being in grab hitstun (Capture vs CaptureDamage maybe)

edit: interesting, found a kadano post saying CaptureDamage is always 20 frames long. its definitely a diff AS. post is here: http://smashboards.com/threads/kadano’s-perfect-marth-class—advanced-frame-data-application.337035/page-4#post-15895346
I see. Thanks for the info.
Btw, feel free to write that PRNG code if you want. I could pull in a byte, half-word, or word from that random address as the start.

@ shuall shuall , a code like this?

Turn White During CaptureDamage (1.02) [Achilles, IE]
Code:
C206B80C 0000000A
7F03C378 81C30070
2C0E00E1 4182000C
2C0E00E4 40820034
3DC0C200 91C30518
91C3051C 91C30520
91C30524 39E00000
91E30528 91E3052C
91E30530 91E30534
39E00091 99E30564
8001007C 00000000
(I realize white is not an optimal color)

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium

I feel dumb. I most certainly know that the current version of 20XX is not 1.01 (facepalm)

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I see. Thanks for the info.
Btw, feel free to write that PRNG code if you want. I could pull in a byte, half-word, or word from that random address as the start.

@ shuall shuall , a code like this?

Turn White During CaptureDamage (1.02) [Achilles, IE]
Code:
C206B80C 0000000A
7F03C378 81C30070
2C0E00E1 4182000C
2C0E00E4 40820034
3DC0C200 91C30518
91C3051C 91C30520
91C30524 39E00000
91E30528 91E3052C
91E30530 91E30534
39E00091 99E30564
8001007C 00000000
(I realize white is not an optimal color)

is word size for a gamecube 32bit or 64bit? also, what range do you want the output of the PRNG to be?

Last edited:

shuall

Smash Apprentice
So...nintendont and my usb drive got in a pretty big fight last night.

The drive got messed up pretty bad, I...
I had to reformat.

Nintendont still won't even so much as look at the drive, much less talk to it.
I don't know what to do...I hate seeing them like this
The usb will be booting with dios mios until I can reconcile the two, but I don't know if it will ever be the same.
I can't help but blame myself. I feel like it was something I did.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
No L-Cancel for Hard L/R Press (1.02) [Achilles]
Code:
C208D690 00000004
89C50680 2C0E0007
4180000C 88A5067F
48000008 38A000FF
60000000 00000000
@ Stride Stride , please test.
What characterizes "Hard Press"? It has to go through Analog input before Digital right? So does the digital actually cancel out the analog input?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What characterizes "Hard Press"? It has to go through Analog input before Digital right? So does the digital actually cancel out the analog input?
“Hard press” is the digital L/R button when pressed fully down. It’s either pressed or not pressed and those are the only states it can be in. The analog is the L/R slider whose values change based on the depth of the trigger press, and yes, you go through the slider before activating the digital button.

The injection point of this code is when the game pulls the “time since last L/R press (digital or analog, or Z button as well I guess)” byte and compares that to a value of 7 [frames]. If the byte it pulls has a value below 7, it L-cancels. Anything equal to or higher causes the code to branch to the No L-cancel section.

Before the game pulls that L/R byte, my code looks at the value of a different byte (closeby) that corresponds to the frames elapsed since a digital (ONLY!) press was registered. If that value is less than 7 (meaning you pressed it recently when you were trying to L-Cancel), I force load 255 (0xFF) into the “time since last L/R press byte” so it doesn’t L-Cancel.

Nothing overly complicated. I just didn’t know the location of the digital L/R press byte so I had to do some testing. But it was right where I guessed it would be.

Top Bottom