• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So with the current version of the hackpack you've made it so that the first name in the list is changed to 'Achilles'. It's overwritten my own name tag which was previously 'TJ'. Could you point me in the direction of the addresses you changed to get it to say your name? I figure if I'm gonna change it I might as well change it to 'Terry'.

Side note, the change has effected the save on my memory card, so if I use this memory card on an unmodded Gamecube I can play with name tags longer than 4 characters, which is rad.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
Thanks, DoctorKirby! So no one else makes the same silly mistakes I did, make sure you copy the ISO.hdr file into the &&ststemdata folder and the opening.bnr into the regular root folder. To add the save go to tools -> memcard manager in dolphin, browse to memory card file (MemoryCardA.USA.raw or any similar file you use) which should be in the GC folder in your user dolphin directory. Then click on import gci and browse to the AZXE0J.gci file.

I have uploaded an opening.bnr file myself that changes the title like DocK's does, but it also changes the banner to add a green '20XX' over the front. Unfortunately I cannot link it because I do not have 10 posts yet :sadeyes:. but if anyone wants them/can post them for me I can message them I guess.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
How does one get this to boot directly to the character selection screen? Mostly I'm just sick of being asked if I want to continue with out saving when I don't use a memory card so a workaround for that would be just as good.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How does one get this to boot directly to the character selection screen? Mostly I'm just sick of being asked if I want to continue with out saving when I don't use a memory card so a workaround for that would be just as good.
"Boot to CSS was removed because random stage select was not accessible until you went back to the main start menu, and the stage striking code also messed with the default stages on random stage select and would make them all available despite the default settings (until going back to the main start page to get access to random stage select)....so I just removed the code completely."

Is there anything like this for P.M.?
Not that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Nice, Achilles did you started the code for intelligent CPU action code ( when the cpu spam the custom move if the player is in range ? )

Kou

Smash Apprentice
"Boot to CSS was removed because random stage select was not accessible until you went back to the main start menu, and the stage striking code also messed with the default stages on random stage select and would make them all available despite the default settings (until going back to the main start page to get access to random stage select)....so I just removed the code completely."

Not that I am aware of.
Hi Achilles, Ato made perfect "Unlock Random Stage Select" to use Boot to CSS comfortably.
We don't need going back to the menu and having the message appear when using Boot to CSS any more!!

the bottom of this page.
http://atokigedesu.github.io/ssbm_cheat_code.html

@15AFAC
3800000E

*This is for v1.00

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to make it remember your stages on random? I feel like the new fourside is pretty neutral and would like to not have to enable it every time. And the same thing goes for no l cancel and hit/shield stun.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 i'm showing jake the newer image you sent. "man thats so sick, thanks for the heads up, forwarding it along to see if we can somehow get approval.."

feature request: stuff to aid in practicing ledgedashing.
i practice ledgedashing with hitbubbles on, and its pretty terrific. but to really go 20XX, i need info I don't currently have. a way to find out:
-if i have dead frames between grabbing the ledge and dropping (maybe make the "neutral hang from the ledge animation" flash a color)
- what angle i airdodged into the stage (perhaps this could be done as a percent for a character, or using the timer)
- if i have any deadframes between dropping from the ledge and jumping (again, this could easily be done by just making the neutral "in the air" animation flash a color)

<3

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a way to make it remember your stages on random? I feel like the new fourside is pretty neutral and would like to not have to enable it every time. And the same thing goes for no l cancel and hit/shield stun.
Uhh, if you activate the alternate stages the new legal ones come out in random >.>
I see what you mean, Gun[Z]. Fourside gets left off the random stage toggle. Just an error on my part - it's supposed to be on there. Thanks for pointing this out.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
I see what you mean, Gun[Z]. Fourside gets left off the random stage toggle. Just an error on my part - it's supposed to be on there. Thanks for pointing this out.

20XX 2.07 Pretest-3.dol
- Boot to CSS is added back in! Compatibility is fixed with the random stage select/ stage striking and it can now be accessed immediately. Thanks @ Kou Kou
- Fourside has been added to the random stage select after toggling on hacked stages.
- Had to do some messing around to keep Dual 1v1 defaulted to ON...and it is now still defaulted to ON.
This new build usually crashes when I start a multiplayer match. Melee boots to CSS, then I choose a character, then I choose a computer as P2, pick random stage, and it crashes when we start fighting.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This new build usually crashes when I start a multiplayer match. Melee boots to CSS, then I choose a character, then I choose a computer as P2, pick random stage, and it crashes when we start fighting.
okay. I'll probably just take that download link off until I can test it at home. :( sigh...
Thanks for the feedback.

P 1

Smash Cadet
Hi Achilles, Ato made perfect "Unlock Random Stage Select" to use Boot to CSS comfortably.
We don't need going back to the menu and having the message appear when using Boot to CSS any more!!

the bottom of this page.

@15AFAC
3800000E

*This is for v1.00
it's not reading that code as valid format? would LOVE to have boot to CSS finally work on 1.00 though.

this is the format?:

boot to CSS random stage patch 1.00
3800000E

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
okay. I'll probably just take that download link off until I can test it at home. :( sigh...
Thanks for the feedback.
Having Dual 1v1s defaulted to ON is what's causing the problem as the other default settings don't comply to play Dual 1v1s (Friendly Fire is ON) and the proper steps weren't taken to set up a match.
Just having it OFF by default will alleviate the problem.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
No, thank you veru much! The hack is absolutely amazing and my brother and i are really enjoying it!

And, is there a way to make it so it remembers the debug toggles because im also liking the flash on missed l cancels as well as the shield/hit stun colors.

Also, an idea that might be nice. An option like the salty runback feture except it would randomly load another stage so it would skip the need to go through css and sss if u just want to play on another stage without changing characters. I dknt even know if that would be possible or how hard it would be to do but i think it would be awesome.

P 1

Smash Cadet

the bottom of this page.

@15AFAC
3800000E

*This is for v1.00
minor update on this Kou. I don't understand Gecko Codes OR Japanese, but I just tried replacing each 8 character sequence in the old 1.00 boot to character select code with the sequence you pointed out in your friends blog. didn't get any results though :^( i am lost.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
Also, an idea that might be nice. An option like the salty runback feture except it would randomly load another stage so it would skip the need to go through css and sss if u just want to play on another stage without changing characters. I dknt even know if that would be possible or how hard it would be to do but i think it would be awesome.
yes!

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I just got THE BEST idea (probably not the best, but pretty cool)
You know the pause screen HUD? The one that nobody pays any attention to? Put the inputs there. I know it might be a bit of work, but it is better than having to constantly reference a table to know what to do when. Just a suggestion, not sure if it is possible.
This would be really helpful.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I'm getting around to trying out Dual 1v1. My game freezes everytime I do a neutral B....

or hmm maybe its just projectiles.

okay so even the regular code causes the game to freeze. It just doesn't on Dolphin? Gotta hate when that happens.

Last edited:

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to make a "minimalist" ISO?

Like a game that has all of single player removed and the only menus left are vs. mode and normal melee. And then at character select there's no option to switch the rules, 4 sotck 8 min is just permanent. And at the stage select there would only be the six legal stages. Is something like that possible? I think it could be cool.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to make a "minimalist" ISO?

Like a game that has all of single player removed and the only menus left are vs. mode and normal melee. And then at character select there's no option to switch the rules, 4 sotck 8 min is just permanent. And at the stage select there would only be the six legal stages. Is something like that possible? I think it could be cool.
you could remove all the stage files that aren't legal, and their songs too, and all the other files that aren't used in competitive play, then recompile the iso, It would save a lot of space. I wonder if you could also overwrite the code in the .dol for single player modes and stuff, and create space for custom codes.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
minor update on this Kou. I don't understand Gecko Codes OR Japanese, but I just tried replacing each 8 character sequence in the old 1.00 boot to character select code with the sequence you pointed out in your friends blog. didn't get any results though :^( i am lost.
That's a dol mod, not a Gecko code.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Finally got the brainwave
Having Dual 1v1s defaulted to ON is what's causing the problem as the other default settings don't comply to play Dual 1v1s (Friendly Fire is ON) and the proper steps weren't taken to set up a match.
Just having it OFF by default will alleviate the problem.
It's not that. It's just writing a value to a wrong location that is causing the game to crash. I think I fixed it. Just gotta get home to test it on the console.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
you could remove all the stage files that aren't legal, and their songs too, and all the other files that aren't used in competitive play, then recompile the iso, It would save a lot of space. I wonder if you could also overwrite the code in the .dol for single player modes and stuff, and create space for custom codes.
How do you recompile an ISO? And is it really as easy as just removing the files?

D

Deleted member

Is there anything like this for P.M.?
Project M already has flash on L cancel built in. Sadly there are no visible hitboxes they can enable so I don't see that happening or anyone modding it in. You can't control the AI as much in PM either without AR codes which can be implemented in a mod relatively easily.

Cool, is there a tutorial anywhere on how to use it?
This guy goes over it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbglwFv5PmA#t=452

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a guide for modding the stage select screen?
I started making a guide for this the other day but never finished it. I’ll try and get around to it this weekend. It’s not that complicated.

I'd like this too. I'm really only interested in the color-coded borders for my tournament setup. Everything else is kinda extraneous for me...
If you want just the stage select screen that I made, take the MnSlMap.usd file from the pack and use it to replace the original one on your other ISO. You can use GCR for this.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 2.07 Pretest – 3.dol

- Fixed the bug that would cause P2 to hold a joystick direction and buttons after exiting a CPU match that is started by idling at the Start Screen
- Boot to Character Select Screen has been added back in and Random Stage Select IS now available immediately after doing so.
- Fourside has been added to the Random Stage Select after toggling on Hacked Stages (D-Pad Down at CSS).
- Added a debug menu toggle for "DUAL 1v1"
- Freezing issues have been fixed!

1 = Dual 1v1 OFF
2 = Dual 1v1 ON [default]

[COLLAPSE="Dual 1v1 Mode Notes"]

Dual 1v1

From Zauron:

This code allows simultaneous 1v1 matches to be played. All 4 players can play at once, but each "set" of 1v1 players can't directly interfere with the other fight (beyond things like messing with the camera or edge hogging).

To use:

1. Make sure Debug Menu toggle for "DUAL 1V1" is set to 2 (ON), which is now the default setting.
  2. Turn Friendly Fire to OFF.
  3. Switch to Team mode and set the team colors so that each set of players that should fight each other are the same color.Players will only be able to hurt other players set to the same team color.
  4. (Optional) Switch Team mode back off so players can switch to whatever costume they want.
  5. Start the match
From Noc:

However, I could not convert the last 11 lines of code that allow the winner of each 1v1 to fight each other at the end.... Thus, once each 1v1 is over, you have to pause and reset.

[/COLLAPSE]

Remember:Once each 1v1 is over, you have to pause and reset to get out of the match.

I plan on fixing this and adding in a new feature soon!!

For clarification, when Dual 1v1 is OFF (1) from the debug menu, friendly fire being OFF works like it normally would (can’t hit teammates).

Last edited:
Top Bottom