• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I fixed my issue. If anyone else has a similar problem, confirm you have a working 20xx iso in Dolphin, then install it to your storage device with DMtoolbox. It may be something as simple as having the file titled "game.iso" instead of something else, but I'm not sure.

I'm still super excited. Thank you so much for your hard work, Achilles, and let me know if you'd like any help.
This. It must be titled game.iso.

I used DiscEX 9.0.

Just drag your "Regularly_named_SSBM_ISO_ that_ you_downloaded.iso , and drag it over top of the DiscEX.exe file. It will copy a "GALE01" folder to wherever your iso file was saved with the game titled "game.iso" with that folder, among a few other files. That entire GALE01 folder is what you'll want to copy to your SD card in:

SD:\games\GALE01

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have the 1.02 DOL mods for flash on L-cancel and shield turns white during stun? I want to add them to my training ISO since this pack doesn't have them.
any reason you want a modified dol rather than just using ocarina codes? like i wrote above, i have flash on l-cancel working with the hack pack with no problems. there's really no reason they need to be hardcoded in the dol since almost all loaders support ocarina codes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
any reason you want a modified dol rather than just using ocarina codes? like i wrote above, i have flash on l-cancel working with the hack pack with no problems. there's really no reason they need to be hardcoded in the dol since almost all loaders support ocarina codes.
The "menu codes and in-game toggles" code alone is more lines than the Gecko codehandler is able to use at once. So this doesn't even include the code to actually make P2 perform actions.

I'll try and get those in there soon because there's a lot of demand.

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace
Really nice work overall, incorporating this into the game removes any problems with loading too much code when using this with a hdloader.

I only have one concern: will flashing on l-cancel and shield stun as well as toggling hitbox overlays be added to future releases? If not I assume the best way is to just harvest the features that were removed from the original version?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Really nice work overall, incorporating this into the game removes any problems with loading too much code when using this with a hdloader.

I only have one concern: will flashing on l-cancel and shield stun as well as toggling hitbox overlays be added to future releases? If not I assume the best way is to just harvest the features that were removed from the original version?
See my last post. And X+D-Pad Right toggles hitboxes. It's in the OP.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I load ISOs burned onto mini DVD-Rs off my gamecube with a xeno modchip. I don't use a wii.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Here's a guide for anyone who wants the ability to load 20XX or vanilla or other versions side by side in a launcher like WiiFlow. As-is, it is difficult to tell which is which. WiiFlow organizes everything by Game ID. Melee NTSC's ID is GALE01, regardless of what version. So WiiFlow will use the same title and box cover and cheat list for each. If you have a 20XX iso and a vanilla 1.02 ISO on the same storage device, you'll have to guess which is which (or develop your own "system").

The way around it is to give the Hack Pak (or any other version) a new ID and title. In the past, I have used this tool to change ID and title. It could work here, but it's not what I did this time. You can try either way, it's safe. The link is much easier.

Follow the included instructions on rebuilding the ISO, and stop after step 7 (replacing Start.dol). In that folder (&&SystemData), open ISO.hdr in a hex editor. This is a program that lets you manually edit data. I use HxD. The first line is the game ID, GALE01. You can change that as long as G and E remain. I recommend calling it GALEXX, why not. Offset 0x0020 is the start of the Game Name; you should see "Super Smash Bros Melee" to the side. I changed it to "Super Smash Bros Melee: 20XX Hack Pack 2.0." Then save, and continue following the instructions as usual.

Now you can give each version its own title, boxcover, cheatlist, and settings. I've tested this method with these settings and can confirm it works.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 This would be an easy addition to the pack. We could probably add more flavor text too (i.e., where it says Nintendo's All-Stars are ready to battle).

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace
More precisely on Dreamland the hitboxes do not appear, so when you toggle it the first time it looks as nothing happens, and the second time when it is supposed to just show the hitboxes you are invisible.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Here's a guide for anyone who wants the ability to load 20XX or vanilla or other versions side by side in a launcher like WiiFlow. As-is, it is difficult to tell which is which. WiiFlow organizes everything by Game ID. Melee NTSC's ID is GALE01, regardless of what version. So WiiFlow will use the same title and box cover and cheat list for each. If you have a 20XX iso and a vanilla 1.02 ISO on the same storage device, you'll have to guess which is which (or develop your own "system").

The way around it is to give the Hack Pak (or any other version) a new ID and title. In the past, I have used this tool to change ID and title. It could work here, but it's not what I did this time. You can try either way, it's safe. The link is much easier.

Follow the included instructions on rebuilding the ISO, and stop after step 7 (replacing Start.dol). In that folder (&&SystemData), open ISO.hdr in a hex editor. This is a program that lets you manually edit data. I use HxD. The first line is the game ID, GALE01. You can change that as long as G and E remain. I recommend calling it GALEXX, why not. Offset 0x0020 is the start of the Game Name; you should see "Super Smash Bros Melee" to the side. I changed it to "Super Smash Bros Melee: 20XX Hack Pack 2.0." Then save, and continue following the instructions as usual.

Now you can give each version its own title, boxcover, cheatlist, and settings. I've tested this method with these settings and can confirm it works.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 This would be an easy addition to the pack. We could probably add more flavor text too (i.e., where it says Nintendo's All-Stars are ready to battle).
You're right about all that. I'll make it an option when I get a chance again.

As for the SSBM banner image,
how to make a easy, quick custom BNR file with a custom image for SSBM or any GC game.

Feel free to make one that I can add in there. The only thing I specifically request is a little American Flag with "1.02" written over top of it in the bottom left or top left corner.

Last edited:

Doser

Smash Ace
What problems did the Boot to Character Select Screen cause specifically? Just curious as I didn't experience any issues in my time trying it out.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What problems did the Boot to Character Select Screen cause specifically? Just curious as I didn't experience any issues in my time trying it out.
The stage strike code apparently conflicted with it and caused the random stage toggle to not be set to the legal stages on boot. And the random stage toggle was not readily available after booting which became annoying in conjunction with the last.

Last edited:

cquinn357

Smash Rookie
Bug: toggling off infinite shield while in shield will cause the game to freeze. not sure if it's fixable or if you should tell people just not to do it. either way, still amazing work

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Bug: toggling off infinite shield while in shield will cause the game to freeze. not sure if it's fixable or if you should tell people just not to do it. either way, still amazing work
Thanks for posting this.

You definitely pointed out a bug, but not exactly the bug you are thinking of. When you are holding shield and hit D-Pad Left, you are inputting either (R+D-Pad Left) or (L+D-Pad Left). So you are not doing the infinite shield toggle. Both of these inputs, though, are P2 action toggles and it turns out that all P2 action toggles will cause this to happen*

*IF P2 is not in the game.

And this makes sense to me. I know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright do that.
While you're at it, can you put back in the flash on L-cancel code, set random music's initial value to 0, and for modded stages, can you re-add 'no acid brinstar'?
Great work so far dude.
20XX 2.02 Random Music Default OFF.dol

And yeah, I noticed that P2 would sometimes air dodge when hit far offstage. I'll have to do some research into it.

cquinn357

Smash Rookie
It also seems like instead of staying on, collision bubbles fade in and out on hacked stages. I've tested it on majora's mask and entei

Achilles1515

Smash Master
More precisely on Dreamland the hitboxes do not appear, so when you toggle it the first time it looks as nothing happens, and the second time when it is supposed to just show the hitboxes you are invisible.
Can someone test this on vanilla Melee with ONLY the debug menu replaces tournament mode code on.

Then go to the debug menu and change the DBLevel to DEBUG. Then exit to main screen, go to Dreamland, and hit R+D-Pad Right to toggle hitboxes. Does that make your character invisible as well?

On console, not Dolphin.

Last edited:

cquinn357

Smash Rookie
I'll continue to report if I find anything else tomorrow. The only suggestion I can muster is the possibility of a flash on L-Cancel toggle in the debug menu. You are truly a genius

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 i was just stating that you can still use the flash on l-cancel txt/gct code *on top* of hack pack 2 if people want it while they wait for it to become toggleable in-game. however, the person i told that to stated that they play with a hard-modded gamecube, so that temporary fix will not work for them :-p. i realize that the entire hack pack 2 is too big to be loaded through ocarina codes... it's stated in the opening post :-p. and yes, i can confirm that on a standard wii, turning hitboxes on will cause the "invisibility problem" on dreamland even with vanilla melee with dblevel changed with no other codes enabled. also, not sure if you read my last post, but can you codify what's different between your random di code and stratocastor's? they seem to behave differently. once again, thanks for all the work you put into this!

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
Do you think it will be possible to fix boot to character select without ****ing the random stage selection?

Last edited:

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
The new build (2.02) is working nicely so far. The only thing for me is the random music.. Sometimes it works (and I love it) and other times the music just never changes, Toggling on and off again doesn't yield any results.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
If anyone figures out how to get the flash during shield stun code working with this please post it here.
Were you able to get any codes working? I was about to give up on this hack until Achilles gave us the .dol mod. I cannot get codes to work.

Edit to avoid double post:

Really enjoying the update! 1Player mode doesn't crash/freeze. Would it be possible to make a code that simulates more human recovery options for Fox and Falco? Real players use a mix of side-B and they sweet spot the ledge with Up B. It would be great for edge guarding practice.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
I added this to the main post.

The only toggle thing I didn't see is L for the alternate costume [although it's very conditional].
Yeah i didnt put in on purpose, Cause it's really characters specific (only 3 at the moment), so if you add more characters, the infographic will not be accurate anymore.

I found some buttons here : http://zeldawiki.org/Category:Controller_Buttons

Otherwise the Dpad, and the background are homemade, the background was created for this html 5 game :

http://qual.olympe.in/CrazyMarthLadder/

Last edited:

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
So you dont change anything for each icones but only draw them on the screen with differents settings ?

if you had x value to each bytes, would it be possible to blend them in a color ? It would be the same icon, but displayed with differents settings ?

(e.g :all striked stages are blended in red)

Sorry if i dont know how it works, i just think this is very interesting :yoshimelee:
Theoretically yes, but there would be no way to reverse everything perfectly. As previously mentioned, the version for solid black is done and is going to be released sometime next week.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

I much simpler way for people that are too scared to use a hex editor is WiiBackupImageEditor, it works on gamecube games and is a simple program that allows you to change the GAMEID and game name.
Edit: Didn't realize the tool you linked was the same. Woops! But yes, it does work so I'll confirm that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom