• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaco

The Terminator
Well just a reminder the tier list is these one and updated.
Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Razed

Smash Ace
I think yoshi should be higher, along with C.F. and definatley G&W... i mean if you know how to use G&W hes really hard to beat... and the marios should be a tad lower
a) Yoshi's actually really bad, and should stay where he is.
b) C.F is good, but the people above him are better
c) G&W is good where he is.... if you know how to use fox, falco, marth, peach, c.f, ect ect (long list) you can easily beat a good G&W
d) (AND ALL OF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE!) Definitely is spelt like this

Eci4

Smash Ace
a) Yoshi's actually really bad, and should stay where he is.
b) C.F is good, but the people above him are better
c) G&W is good where he is.... if you know how to use fox, falco, marth, peach, c.f, ect ect (long list) you can easily beat a good G&W
d) (AND ALL OF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE!) Definitely is spelt like this

I cane never spell definitely correctly... on the tierlist of spellings, I say it is way low

Cort

Apple Head
No she's not. Peach does far worse against Fox than Marth does. Far far worse. What Doodah said is only true to some degrees.

Cort

Apple Head
I'm pretty sure any character destroys any other character if the other character doesn't know what they're doing...

The list was made based off metagame. And then some close voting, probably. It'll never be perfectly accurate..

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
Cort said:
No she's not. Peach does far worse against Fox than Marth does. Far far worse. What Doodah said is only true to some degrees.
Really? I thought that the chain throws, D Smash, and Float cancels would mean something. Is it because Fox can vert KO, Shine combo, and outspeed Peach easily?

[NO SARCASM INTENDED. IM SERIOUS. IM NOT AN A**]

Cort

Apple Head
That's basically it. Peach gets vertical KOd much easier than Marth cause of how she has to approach Foxes. Marth can just space himself with his sword all day and avoid up smashes fairly easily. He is also ridiculously hard to waveshine to upsmash while Peach definitly isn't. Marth has more effective combos out of his throws, and has overall better edge gaurds than Peach. He has a lot more KO potential in general.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
That would sound about right for Yoshi. Yoshi is a really character if you know how to use him. Seeing how his weight doubles when in the air so most of the power moves do nothing to him at all.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
And because most competitive people use the space animals, the list essentially becomes who does the best against them.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Then it isn't just a list of who's better against the Space Animals then.

Which it never was to begin with anyway.
Hmmm, how do you have so much green rep?

The list was made based off metagame. And then some close voting, probably. It'll never be perfectly accurate..
No, it was voted for in the back room, and the back room consists of a COUPLE(like maybe 2 or 3) people who know what they're talkin about, and then there is the mods and admins(no offense).

If this list was close to accurately show caseing the current metagame, then Marth and Falco would be on top(and KDJ's Shiek), because THAT'S who win tournies not Fox.

The MBR should have just put Shiek and Marth up top with Fox and Falco.

This list is flawed but w/e.
And because most competitive people use the space animals, the list essentially becomes who does the best against them.
Basically yeah, however, Fox and Falco are just as good as Shiek and Marth. Fox and Falco just have a move that comes out in one frame, giving them the edge at times.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Shouldn't G&W move up then, thanks to Dire? :chuckle:
generally, most low tier players have an edge because the people their playing against aren't used to it. if their mindgames are equal, the person who recognizes the matchup better should win.

also, there are some extremely talented low tier players out there who basically defy tiers and are infinitely better than other players of that character. namely dire, taj, chudat, and many others. let's just say the top ten or so characters are basically set in stone, but anything lower than that is pretty vague and is all a matter of mindgames, talent, and matchups.

honestly, i'm iffy about tiers ever since i watched taj vs forward friendlies.
can anyone say O M G MEWTWO.

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
ChuDat doesn't count because he uses Ice Climbers, which in my opinion are cheap because they can fight evenly against everyone and have big advantages against some characters like Sheik. Their zero death grab combos, desynches, agility, strength, and wavedashing make them very, very good characters.

K, he uses Pichu too, but that's it.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
No, it was voted for in the back room, and the back room consists of a COUPLE(like maybe 2 or 3) people who know what they're talkin about, and then there is the mods and admins(no offense).
Not quite, as a matter of fact, the list was made by far more members than moderators and admins, almost no mods or admins actually DO visit the Sbroom.

If this list was close to accurately show caseing the current metagame, then Marth and Falco would be on top(and KDJ's Shiek), because THAT'S who win tournies not Fox.

The MBR should have just put Shiek and Marth up top with Fox and Falco.

This list is flawed but w/e.
See, I agree that Shiek should have been top, and it was by a very, narrow margin that Shiek did not make top tier. In reguards to Marth, he has always been an issue on which direction to go with him, the real question is; is Marth top tier, or is Ken top tier? Ken is really just about the only really, really good Marth player out there, though there are other players good with marth a bit lower, they aren't exactly winning tournaments. M2K started using marth effeciently, you might see Marth make it back up top next list if he continues to use Marth.

Basically yeah, however, Fox and Falco are just as good as Shiek and Marth. Fox and Falco just have a move that comes out in one frame, giving them the edge at times.
Shine comboing is a big edge, but as I said, I beleive at the least Shiek needs to be up there too. Fox doesn't really have any *terrible* stages that he can't overcome as a character, or any awful matchups either. He's really either even or at an advantage against nearly everyone. Falco is rediculously good if you can play really well, but human error usualyl leads to falcos losing in tournaments, as it impacts him more with his lesser recovery. I still beleive those two, and Shiek should be top tier. Marth I'm still split on.

generally, most low tier players have an edge because the people their playing against aren't used to it. if their mindgames are equal, the person who recognizes the matchup better should win.

also, there are some extremely talented low tier players out there who basically defy tiers and are infinitely better than other players of that character. namely dire, taj, chudat, and many others. let's just say the top ten or so characters are basically set in stone, but anything lower than that is pretty vague and is all a matter of mindgames, talent, and matchups.

honestly, i'm iffy about tiers ever since i watched taj vs forward friendlies.
can anyone say O M G MEWTWO.
Just for reference, at FC3's low tier tournament first and second went to Azen and Ken, while third went to CHEXR- a midwest G&W player. This more or less backs up the mindgames/talent as Azen and Ken still got first and second, and a G&W player grabbed third.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
ChuDat doesn't count because he uses Ice Climbers, which in my opinion are cheap because they can fight evenly against everyone and have big advantages against some characters like Sheik. Their zero death grab combos, desynches, agility, strength, and wavedashing make them very, very good characters.

K, he uses Pichu too, but that's it.
Ice climbers do pretty poorly on Peach. (zomg teh dsmash??)

and about the post above.... how about Azen >_> he's top with Marth... but I guess if you're not counting Ken, you don't count Azen either.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Ice climbers do pretty poorly on Peach. (zomg teh dsmash??)

and about the post above.... how about Azen >_> he's top with Marth... but I guess if you're not counting Ken, you don't count Azen either.
lol <.<; I gotta give you that, at the time this tier list was made, Azen was still in his "low(mid) tier are teh win" phase and wouldn't play Marth. Yeah... I wouldn't be too surprised if Marth didn't make it back up >.> 2 good Marth players in the top... 5? I'm unaware of the current power rankings. And possibly a third with M2K.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Shouldn't G&W move up then, thanks to Dire? :chuckle:
1.) Dire is pretty much the only good G&W player. Characters don't move up just because of one player.
2.) Dire doesn't win tourneys nor does he place very high in the major ones.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Iggy: When does Fox win tournies? The tier list should be made like this:

Top(3 or 4 characters): Characters that win tournies and characters that take out characters that win tournies(and win tournies 40%of the time anyway).

Falco
Shiek
Fox
(Marth)

High(3 or 4 characters): Characters that CAN win tournies,but have a hard matchup or beat a character in the "top". This is why I thinks its hard to place Marth, because
in the shiek vs marth match, Shiek definitely has a strong upperhand. But Marth does better than every other character vs spacies.

(Marth)
Peach
ICs
(C Falcon)
(Ganon)

Mid(6 0r 7): Characters that have a small chance of winning tournies,but may require another character to counter pick thier characters hard matchups.

(C Fal)
(Ganon)
Jiggz
Samus
Doc
Mario
Luigi
(Link)

Low(6 or 7): Characters that suck. Theses characters are used soley for couterpicks. Good Luck.

Dk
Pika
Young Link
Roy
Zelda
Ness
Game and Watch

Crap(5): Worthless. Why are these characters even in the game.

Bowser
Yoshi
Mew2
Pichu
Kirby(WHY IS HE SOOOOOO BAD?!?!?!)

characters in () are able to be in either tier. Characters are not ranked within tiers.

Bring on the flames.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
1.) Dire is pretty much the only good G&W player. Characters don't move up just because of one player.
2.) Dire doesn't win tourneys nor does he place very high in the major ones.
I thought he got 13th at a MLG. Maybe I was misinformed...but then again that's just one tourney.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Iggy: When does Fox win tournies? The tier list should be made like this:

Top(3 or 4 characters): Characters that win tournies and characters that take out characters that win tournies(and win tournies 40%of the time anyway).

Falco
Shiek
Fox
(Marth)

High(3 or 4 characters): Characters that CAN win tournies,but have a hard matchup or beat a character in the "top". This is why I thinks its hard to place Marth, because
in the shiek vs marth match, Shiek definitely has a strong upperhand. But Marth does better than every other character vs spacies.

(Marth)
Peach
ICs
(C Falcon)
(Ganon)

Mid(6 0r 7): Characters that have a small chance of winning tournies,but may require another character to counter pick thier characters hard matchups.

(C Fal)
(Ganon)
Jiggz
Samus
Doc
Mario
Luigi
(Link)

Low(6 or 7): Characters that suck. Theses characters are used soley for couterpicks. Good Luck.

Dk
Pika
Young Link
Roy
Zelda
Ness
Game and Watch

Crap(5): Worthless. Why are these characters even in the game.

Bowser
Yoshi
Mew2
Pichu
Kirby(WHY IS HE SOOOOOO BAD?!?!?!)

characters in () are able to be in either tier. Characters are not ranked within tiers.

Bring on the flames.

I must say I love this post. +rep for you.

but why you gotta hate on kirby? I mean yeah he sucks, but he can be good if you use him against some one who hasn't played a good kirby. also you can suck people in and float to the bottom of the level and recover.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I must say I love this post. +rep for you.

but why you gotta hate on kirby? I mean yeah he sucks, but he can be good if you use him against some one who hasn't played a good kirby. also you can suck people in and float to the bottom of the level and recover.
Because after they lose one stock to the swallowcide, chances are they neer fall for it again. He lacks any sort of kill move, has little combo potential, short range. About the only plus side for him is his Duck, and Kirbycides. His recovery is predictable as hell, and most good players catch onto his playstyle about halfway through the match.

While using the suprise effect could work, he gets killed at extremely low percents by most Higher tier characters.

*Is a Kirby main... >_>*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom