• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I agree Roy is too high on the Tier List. He's comparable with Zelda, maybe a spot height, on the Tier List because of his mediocre qualities. The only possible thing I could see going for Roy is his grab game, which if he had a reach like Marth his grab game would own Marth's, but other than that Roy is too KO ********, even more than Mario.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Wow, I was just thinking of this. I play around a little with G&W so after posting here I went to check out some vids and such of him, I come back and everyones talking about him. I was just thinking of his shield too. Crazy stuff. But anyway, yeah, his shield sucks. Thats even worse for him than most people considering how easy he is to knock around. His recovery is better than average but it is made almost useless due to how easy it is to get threw his shield, and knock him incredible distance.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Mr. Game & Watch's shield is horrid even for such a small guy. I think it's the fact that he sticks his limbs and head out to much to adequitely protect himself. Almost every attack on him is shield-piercing attacks, even jabs. He kinda also lacks enough L-Cancellable aerials and is kinda laggy, another few reasons other than being light that puts him so low but I still think he should be higher, at least above Zelda.

Neuvost

Smash Rookie
The only thing I think I'd change is that I'd condense the top tier and the high tier into one. Just have all the broken characters in one nice little spot.

I might also move Ganon into the low tier simply because I feel like he's too slow to compete with the others in middle tier, but perhaps tournament results disagree with me.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I feel ganondorf is too underrated. People simply think he sucks because of the 'speed factor' all the time and never try him out theirselves. He has a good arsenal attacks for his type because most slow characters tend to have nothing to back them up but Ganondorf has redeeming qualities. It's just nobody takes enough time to unlock more potential out of him, thus being underrated.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I feel ganondorf is too underrated. People simply think he sucks because of the 'speed factor' all the time and never try him out theirselves. He has a good arsenal attacks for his type because most slow characters tend to have nothing to back them up but Ganondorf has redeeming qualities. It's just nobody takes enough time to unlock more potential out of him, thus being underrated.
thomas tipman lives in our state you buffoon

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Yes, Florida. Tipman is known as one of, if not, the best ganon. He took out chillindude's fox and then marth at MLG NYC. Ganon needs to move up for sure.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
She's not laggy, did I said that? No. I said she's slow in terms of dashing speed and lacks range in most of her attacks but she has so many redeeming qualities those negatives mean jack squat. Besides, people beef with Ganondorf as if he was simply terrible, which he is not.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Use the universal dictionary then. I just simply want to point out that Ganondorf is underrated and is not as bad as people think he is. If you want bad why not point out something like Kirby or Mewtwo?

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Peach sucks? Not quite. She's nearly Top Tier since she is so cheap and versatile plus she is the only character who can conjure items without having them being turned on for the battle. BTW, does Ken play Ganondorf?

Lit

Smash Ace
this tear list makes much more sense now... i didnt really understand why fox and falco wernt in the top teir when they first made the list... but yeah much more reasonable now....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Owned! Speed is not everything as the same as power is not everything.
Yeah, besides the Tier List isn't based on how "good" or fast a character is. It's about how well the character is doing at Tournaments. Besides, Samus and the IC's aren't speed demons either, IC's aren't exactly slow but their deffinatly not one of the faster characters. Samus and Peach are slow, but their good for various other reasons, which are by these two characters ironically their ariel game, recovery and projectiles.

And just to make sure... Ganondorf is no way being underrated. I hear only noobs complaining about him, but he's alot used by pro players. He's worse than C.Falcon thats for sure, but Ganon deffinatly isn't underrated and I say his position now is very accurate.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I agree with his position in the Tier List but people want him to go LOWER, which is an underrating right there for Ganondorf.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Gannon deserves to be around like under ICs and over C Fal(Maybe even in high tier under Shiek ^_^).

Tipman and Bushman own your soul(Tipman owns you harder though).

(Do not thouroughly believe this post).........(except the Tipman part).

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know Ganondorf is underrated but not that much. Sheik ***** Ganondorf through chainthrowing alone (the irony. What Zelda/Sheik fears she ***** it) that it's not funny. He should at least be above Mario in my opinion.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Good - Well balanced and dominate over certain characters in smash. Good in smash is just a term we use for "kick *** characters".

Zenith

Smash Ace
Falco and Fox are close, Falco>Fox
but..
Marth>>>>>Roy

Roy isn't good; he's barely decent. How can you call a character that has horrible priority, knockback, lacking in decent setups and combos, etc. a good fighter?
I was just speakin from a Roy fanboy's perspective.
No one was give some reasons why Roy is somewhat ok, so only I had the ballz to say anything.

in my opinion Roy sux, and deserves to be near the bottom tier. (despite the fact that Roy is my fav char)

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
I don't think CF, ICs, or Samus is very balanced....

Ya know, Captain has that Knee, ICs got those crazy throws, and Samus has that infinite recovery and missles.

The people below them are sort of tilted to the bad side. Like, Mario has no KO moves and bad range, Doc's recovery is terrible and his attack range is even worse than Mario's, and Gannondorf......he's easy to combo and edgeguard.

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
Lucky, your points are extremely one sided and uninteresting to read. They also don't make any clear, concise sense as to what you're really trying to say since people who are much smarter than you have pretty much disproven every one of your "points".

Ganon is slow? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom