• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That Pikmin song sounds really familiar to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallet

Smash Rookie
And I haven't played Pikmin lol. Did anyone else think that the song posted on the Dojo for Pikmin sounds alot like the music that played in Marrymore in Super Mario RPG? I'm not saying that ties it in at all, just curious if anyone else heard that.

Mallet

Smash Rookie
yea, the beginning not at all, but the flute reminds me so much of that game. The bells are what make me think Marrymore.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I've never played Pikmin long enough to hear the music on the World Map, and I've never played Super Mario RPG either, and it sounds a little familiar to me too...

gigasteve

Smash Ace
How could you guys not have played Pikmin before? It's like a war, but with not as much fighting. It's like the disc in the box with Meta-Knight, Pikachu, Samus, and some other brothers on it. It's like-*SMACK* Oops, got carried away.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Good, I thought it was just me who thought this sounded strangely familiar... I've never played Pikmin 2 but it feels like I've heard it before. Now it's always playing in my head and it's kinda pissing me off

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I didn't notice a resemblance with Marrymore.

I noticed more a resemblance with the generic road music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mU-lBmYO8&feature=related

And I thought Totakeke arranged most of Pikmin's music, considering his secret song shows up in the game...or was that Pikmin 2....

You can find the marrymore video linked to that. Probably the next Part(e) actually.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Odd. I've played both Pikmin games, but this song is not familiar to me at all.

lol. Even Sakurai admits that the Pikmin games' music is awfully forgettable.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
The SMRPG music was done by Yoko Shimomura, who is also known for a few other games' music, such as Kingdom Hearts. As a plus, she is a musician in Brawl. While you can't really tell her "style" when it comes to music, she does a great job with it.

Although this may sound familiar to you without actually playing Pikmin, you have to recall that Sakurai said that the musicians are to do favorite and memorable songs in their own styles, hence why this sounds so similar to other game music. Chrono Trigger did have some simple ambient music, therefore its reflected in World Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom