• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you all.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I cannot believe in three months comes Apex 2013. I have been putting in a lot of work and I wanted to really just talk about what has been on my mind the last few hours and let you guys know the future we all can be apart of.

Since 2006, I have wanted to do something special for this community. Before there was a name, there was a belief that I could mean something to this community and gather the world to do something it has never had before. We can say MLG did a lot for us in terms of publicity and monetary ( those prizes were out of this world ) but I am proud to say our last year or two have been our best in terms of turnouts, broadcasts, and overall community support.

This year has been a rough one for me personally. For those in the know I dealt with death in a very personal way. It was not a fun six months for me mentally or physically but thanks to everyone for helping the person I love so much get through what they have gotten through.

I come to you with a promise, no, a pledge, I will never stop fighting for Smash to get its due. I have hired the best to make sure things go so well and spent so much time making sure you all enjoy yourselves. I want to change how we are basically unknown to people outside of competitive fighting games and usher in an era where if a kid buys a Super Smash Bros. 64/Melee/Brawl/4 copy that they know we exist. I want us to have companies back us not because we have a good stream but because our game can be fun to watch. I want to bring those casual companies in to get us new chances to build our community. Each day I can I try to make sure everyone makes it to events to keep people having more and more. It is not something I want to do. It is something I choose to do.

That is what Apex is for. It is for all of us to come together and make ourselves known to people in and outside competitive gaming. With all the companies I brought in to support us, and the ones that will be involved very soon, it is important we stick together through the good and bad. To those who know me they and those who don't. I do not give up until things are perfect. Even when things go wrong, and they do, I do not sit there and blame others but I try to find ways to make these better. It is my goal to have an event for this community that everyone can be proud of. I think this is our year. Screwattack, Ocremix, Artist Alleys, Sponsored Booths, Sponsored prizes, Guaranteed money, people from around the world, news reports, multiple streams with over 10,000+ watching and growing, and so much more. Not for me but for you all to make the most out of your experience.

Ask yourself do you want for the years to come to be us making a grand stand on a large stage or do you want to sit at home ?

I know it is a lot for many but try to make it out. You know the site ( www.apex-series.com ) , you know we all want the best for this community. Do not be a follower but come to this, enjoy yourselves (cause you will no matter what) and be a part of a history making moment that I have in store for everyone.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for everything you've done and are still doing for the community Alex.

I can't really make it to Apex because of Atlantic ocean issues, but every time it's like my own personnal soccer world cup, and I hope it will still be for the 2013 edition.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well damn, here I had decided I would retire...but why not, I'll do my best to make it to apex 2013 and be apart of this awesome event.

Bones0

Smash Legend
tl;dr
This belongs in Tournament Discussion (thought that'd be obvious), so hopefully a mod can move it before things get out of hand.

lol Nah. You're an amazing dude, Alex. You have personally housed me and hosted some of the best tournaments I've been to, and I really appreciate it. Only other thing I can say is that I am sure that your labor for this community will be rewarded in the long run, one way or the other. Enough with the gooey emotions. THIS IS APEX 2013, AND IT SHALL BE EPIC.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
WOW, amazingly inspiring post, i'm very happy to know that there are many people out there that love this game as much as i do... the melee scene has been growing in my country this year, we smashers are many, believe me. I really think next year will be big in smash history, so lets keep our hype!
Alex Strife i don't know you but you're amazing!

ZelDan

Smash Master
I hate to be that guy, but this is borderline advertising. Would be more appropriate after the tournament.
Seeing as how this is about APEX, the biggest Smash tournament ever, I would think that this would be okay.

But what do I know.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Who cares if it's advertising as long as it's advertising one of the greatest products of all time: an Apex Melee tournament.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Promoting a smash brothers tournament on a smash brothers forum?

Blasphemy :rolleyes:

---------

Alex, I'd just like you to know that we appreciate your hard work. I can't imagine how hard it must be to run an event this massive. Good luck, and just know that team OXY and theCrimsonBlur will always have your back

<3

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It is so awesome to see how dedicated you are to the community and how much work you put in, Great post man.

abcool

Smash Ace
It is a really great post, Alex. I know how you feel as a T.O to keep pushing and trying. It's like this urge to always wanna try harder and push forward; all kinda new ideas popping into your head about how to grow the scene and find new players. This post just inspired me to keep trying in my own country and growing the scene, because nothing is better than the feeling of looking around a venue seeing that vision in your head happening right in the front of you. I hope Apex 2013 is bigger and better than the last. I shall be watching..

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Above all let me say all the comments have done nothing but touch me. I thank you all about that.

To answer the previous post. All I think about is pushing and reaching new heights for our community. It is why I do things a specific way. I care more about this community than many people know or believe. It's why I push for us to keep going and why I want to make things so well for us. It is also why I tell other TOs to do better, whether they believe or not is another story. I just think we can do a lot better and I want to believe Apex is our championship and I will make sure it is made to be as such.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I wish there were more people like you in the Melee community. This scene wouldn't exists without hardworking TOs, although the top players usually get the most of the attention. Melee is a great game and my hope is that some day it will be more popular than ever.

Top Bottom