• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGWP May 28-30 1000$ pot bonus! ~canceled~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So I was talking to a few smashers and they were complaining about the name :( They say it doesn't sound like a tournament at all. They gave one decent suggestion. Utah's Summer Smash Revolution. U.S.S.R.

it actually sounds pretty legit.

USSR

U mad
Utah's Massively Awesome Duel.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you don't use USSR, I might cry manly Wind Warrior Tears.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Tourney
Gkirby
Went &
Produced

TGWP

EDIT: and sorry for not having pics yet but ive been sick

Now that just sounds stupid... :dizzy: (IMO, anyway.)

Personally, I like the USSR idea. But instead of the R standing for "Revolution", maybe it should stand for "Regional", just to be more informative and not have it sound forced.

EDIT: Oh...so M2K was originally planning on going to both, before realizing that both is on the same weekend...
Now I see why he confirmed his attendance for the other one but still posted here...

EDIT2: And why is it on the same weekend? If it's to have a West and East Coast thing on the same weekend, then that's a dumb reason. It would be better to have it on a different weekend to attract those from the East Coast, as well as those from the West Coast that is willing to travel farther for the bigger pot.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
why have a WC one and an EC one. EC one is already huge, why not make it one week later or something so people can go to both.
Get on aim and I will talk with you about everything.

iamsinz

-Mars-

Smash Hero
RJ think about it.....if you could possibly move it back or forward a week this tourny could be HUGE.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Finals??? lol finals at my school are beginning of May......guess Division 1 schools must go later or something.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, so here is what I have been talking to people about.

1st adding melee to the roster. Many more players for both games would come if it were on the roster.
10-20$ entry fees for the games.
The best date would be May 28-30. Planks tourney is on the 4-5, nope's tourney is on the 12-13.
And we need to advertise the hell out of this.

r3d d09

Smash Master
i've having Yink make a banner for this. I might call out to some other friends for help on other stuff. have links in sigs. everyone. It's not hard. do it.

start posting stuff in schools. talk to your SBO's of your school and have them advertise it somehow. i know i can atleast get 10 kids minimum from my school to come if i follow through.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
wait why is this on the same date as the 3000 guaranteed pot <_< GAMME
i didnt know about gamme at the time...

Now that just sounds stupid... :dizzy: (IMO, anyway.)

Personally, I like the USSR idea. But instead of the R standing for "Revolution", maybe it should stand for "Regional", just to be more informative and not have it sound forced.

EDIT: Oh...so M2K was originally planning on going to both, before realizing that both is on the same weekend...
Now I see why he confirmed his attendance for the other one but still posted here...

EDIT2: And why is it on the same weekend? If it's to have a West and East Coast thing on the same weekend, then that's a dumb reason. It would be better to have it on a different weekend to attract those from the East Coast, as well as those from the West Coast that is willing to travel farther for the bigger pot.
this weekend we will have a raise of hands vote at my tourney ;)

why have a WC one and an EC one. EC one is already huge, why not make it one week later or something so people can go to both.
if you are garunteed to come i can make this happen for sure ;)

RJ think about it.....if you could possibly move it back or forward a week this tourny could be HUGE.
ill try to <.<
Finals??? lol finals at my school are beginning of May......guess Division 1 schools must go later or something.
lol gay

i've having Yink make a banner for this. I might call out to some other friends for help on other stuff. have links in sigs. everyone. It's not hard. do it.

start posting stuff in schools. talk to your SBO's of your school and have them advertise it somehow. i know i can atleast get 10 kids minimum from my school to come if i follow through.
lol i dont go to school?
---------------------------------------

let me know via pm if i shud reconfirm m2k

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, so here is what I have been talking to people about.

1st adding melee to the roster. Many more players for both games would come if it were on the roster.
10-20$ entry fees for the games.
The best date would be May 28-30. Planks tourney is on the 4-5, nope's tourney is on the 12-13.
And we need to advertise the hell out of this.
This is what needs to happen :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
the date... im not certain of... but ill ask my dad sometime this weekend or during the week when he aint all ultra tired from driving to texas and then flying around for a week straight
Alright. I am going to keep talking to all of the OOS peeps and get them interested :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ill have the date finalized by wednesday, as a major part of the exact date is getting my dads permission to use the rossberg arena those days and id rather not blow it on asking him today as he has been traveling in excess this week. but count on march 28-30 for now
you mean may?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yes, yes I do :)

Just letting you know gkirbs- June 5-6 is ABSOLUTELY BAD for literally everyone. MLG is happening in Ohio that very same weekend, as is Plank's EC tourney. Sooooo much big **** going down that weekend it's not even funny lol. Please make it May instead of June 12th weekend because that's my birthday weekend and I wanna hang out with my GF instead of making money that day :X

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think we are changing it to the 28-30 he juts has to talk to some people.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Your GF is probably really ugly so I don't think we really want to accomodate for her. Maybe if you were dating some top material or somethin...

But yea too much stuff is goin down dat weekend.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nooo....it's a sign!! April better come!!!

Anyway...is the name of the tournament going to change to something else? If it is, it's better to change it sooner than later.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Assuming MLG Ohio is taking place on that date, I believe I cannot come to this. Gotta show my support for MLG by going to as many events as possible. Shouldn't be too hard since they are also doing teams money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom