• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Spring Brawl- Scranton, PA- Apr 12, 08

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce TGP Spring Brawl

ThatGamingPlaces First Major Brawl Tournament.

Official Rules will be posted following the US Release

The Torunament will take place on April 12, 2008
@ThatGamingPlace
1608 North Main Ave Scranton PA 18508

TGP Rules

Double Elimination
All matches are best 2 out of 3, finals are best 3 out of 5
3 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles
Team attack is ON in doubles

Random Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton

All other stages are BANNED.

Each player may ban one stage per set

Cost
------------------
$5 venue fee ( Covers free play on non tournament TV's, and access to lan center resources)-Requried
$15 Full access( Covers free play throughout the even, and all play for the overnight event after the tournament, also recieves pizza and soda at midnight)- Optional
*once registered for a tournament no refunds will be given
Schedule of Events

11:00 - 12:00- Event Registrartion
(%10 of each prize pool goes to the store to cover costs of the tournament)

1:00- Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2 vs 2
$10/team
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

3:00- Super Smash Bros Brawl 1 vs 1
$15/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

5:00- Super Smash Bros Melee 1 vs 1
$5/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

we will have enough stations so that we can start melee while brawl is still going on.

I hope to see alot of people at this.

Thanks
Nick

_umbra_

Smash Champion
hooray a melee tournament :)

I should be able to come... I can probably bring my gamecube + melee if u want me to, but I doubt I can bring my wii :(...

PAV

Smash Cadet
cant wait for this tourney.....its gonna be awesome paviper is gonna own teams lol

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I have work that at 4 day so I will probably only stay for 2 vs 2. I will try to call off to stay for singles but that doesn't seem likely.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
Nice. A Saturday, so I can go. I'll probably just enter the Brawl, because my Melee skills pales in comparison to others. Nice to see you guys haven't disappeared (but your previous address was SO much closer T.T).

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Hey me and some boys from nyc are planing on going, but we will need a ride from philly chinatown bus station if anyone can pick us up from there that would be cool, but if yall know another way we could get there that might be easier, closer, and just as cheap(bus to philly on 20 round trip) let me know. Anyone that can help us out we would be grateful my aim is youngfab268.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
There is a Matrz bus station about 1.5 miles from the store and I know you can get to it directly from NYC but i am not sure how much it costs.

Any chance we will see quill at this???

Kirby911

Smash Rookie
Darn, can't come to this one because it's the same day as another major tournament. Anyway I just have a question in case I come to a future tournament here.

I wouldn't want to play in a 2 vs 2 event, but since registration closes at 12, would I have to get there by 12 and sit there for 3 hours to wait for the 1 vs 1 event? Or could I come at 2:50 or so and register then?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Turns out me, slim, and melon won't be able to come to this due to lack of money :(. I'll probably show up at NEPA4 or a random tuesday before that...

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Turns out me, slim, and melon won't be able to come to this due to lack of money :(. I'll probably show up at NEPA4 or a random tuesday before that...

This tourney is almost a mont away, you can't come up with $15 in that much time, if you started today you would only need to save $.68/day....

Where is the <3

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
we have been having 20+ for our weekly tournaments on tues,

with the people that already told me they are coming to this I would say between 25-40

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
What time on tuesday have you been having your weekly's? I'm at lehigh university and I want to know if i'm able to come out once or twice a month.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
I miss you too!!!!

Can't wait to see you!

No pre-reg for the tues tournaments but if you know you are coming and you see me on AIM (Giants625) let me know

EVERYONE COME APRIL 12th its going to be to much fun

Lucas_Wolf_and_Jiggs

Smash Rookie
My friend and I shall attend, we are looking to take the team tournament. Around here at least we are untouchable and it will be fun to see how good we are against a larger crowd.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I will probably be there for doubles but i have work at 4:00 so i can't stay for singles, but i'll probably bring Umbra and Melon so they might stay, unless they don't have money which is very likely.

ggxx4life

Smash Rookie
For anyone who likes Pokemon: BRING YOUR DS AND POKEMON D/P! I am bringing "Pokemon Battle Revolution" for after the tournaments.

Top Bottom