• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

otg

Smash Master
Sup Sheldon. I have no idea if this saturday is good. I'll get back to you. As much as I hate to say it, it's going to get harder and harder for me to hold super big smashfests and STDs now. I kinda forsee myself only playing with Scarsdale/the PC's and Niko (aka the people who have cars) in the near future because we kinda just play spur of the moment and when we are finished people just go home.

Get a car sheldon, then I'll play whenever.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I would be amenable to that idea. The question is how many people will there be and when?

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I would be all over another smashfest.

What ever happened to the TFS tournment idea? seems like we all just stopped talking about it.

otg

Smash Master
I would be all over another smashfest.

What ever happened to the TFS tournment idea? seems like we all just stopped talking about it.
TFS tourney is definitely verrrry plausible. In fact, I was hanging out with the owner of the venue the other night and he was pressuring me to make this happen, so nuckas who is interested? Frankly, I would be much more comfy if Wes would take charge of this one.

hmmm, does this constitute as disrespecting a forum leader? :p
No disrespect at all, quite the opposite actually. Good **** on the mod status, now you can ban Jona/PoF all day. Um, but yeah wes we should talk about this tournament venue. I would feel way more comfy if you were the T.O. or you helped me run it and promote it. we should talk in person.

On a related note, OTGay (released by the Fake PC Jona (aka the real PC Jona)) will be released at some point soon featuring all of my characters except for Doc. How ****ing funny is that.

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
Mogwai the moderator?? Yo wes, can you use your moderator powers to increase my post count by about 1000. No matter what I do, it just stays at 1. I've tried everything from playing samus to inventing the hax drop, but nothing is working. Why won't smashboards recognize my accomplishments?

Also, otg plays characters other than doc? SINCE WHEN?

otg

Smash Master
Mogwai the moderator?? Yo wes, can you use your moderator powers to increase my post count by about 1000. No matter what I do, it just stays at 1. I've tried everything from playing samus to inventing the hax drop, but nothing is working. Why won't smashboards recognize my accomplishments?

Also, otg plays characters other than doc? SINCE WHEN?
I hate you.

You know what it is *****! *bang!*

Also:

LOL -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtjkPa4HHU&playnext_from=TL&videos=wD7rGCG0fYI&feature=sub

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
who wants to house me for apex/rom 3?

woah it just clicked in my head. Mogwai = Mod.

woahhhhhhh.
apex is a little drive, i'm probably going to get my hotel situation worked out by the end of the week. rom 3, you should get housed by ritz. he has the best blanket.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHfcafE9ig

This is the strategy that Frank (Mr. F) used against me at Princeton and I lost. I think the fact that Puff can do this is one of the big things that "Puff is overrated" advocates are not realizing.
Wow thats pretty fuking gay Frank didnt do that **** to me lol.

I mean could that be considered stalling....the effects of brawl on melee.

otg

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHfcafE9ig

This is the strategy that Frank (Mr. F) used against me at Princeton and I lost. I think the fact that Puff can do this is one of the big things that "Puff is overrated" advocates are not realizing.
Dr. Mario, Mario, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Pika, Pichu, Link and*Y.Link all say "Hi". Jiggs is broke as ****, not going to deny that, but this strategy really only works on characters who can't do anything about it (which is funnily enough, the top tiers which inherently makes it really **** good). Dudatsai tried pulling that **** on me at Rom2, I 3 stocked him both games.

Niko45

Smash Master
Dr. Mario, Mario, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Pika, Pichu, Link and*Y.Link all say "Hi". Jiggs is broke as ****, not going to deny that, but this strategy really only works on characters who can't do anything about it (which is funnily enough, the top tiers which inherently makes it really **** good). Dudatsai tried pulling that **** on me at Rom2, I 3 stocked him both games.
I think you covered it yourself. Almost all those characters either completely suck or get ***** by Jiggs anyway so they'll just lose on stage. I'm assuming this is all about projectiles, in which case I really question sheik's ability to safely needle the ledge over and over without puff anticipating and punishing her for it. I mean I could see doc bothering it I guess, but she could always just pound away and come back. I guess I'd really have to see how anyone could actually break this (can they actually land a KO move on her from there?) to believe it.

otg

Smash Master
I think you covered it yourself. Almost all those characters either completely suck or get ***** by Jiggs anyway so they'll just lose on stage. I'm assuming this is all about projectiles, in which case I really question sheik's ability to safely needle the ledge over and over without puff anticipating and punishing her for it. I mean I could see doc bothering it I guess, but she could always just pound away and come back. I guess I'd really have to see how anyone could actually break this (can they actually land a KO move on her from there?) to believe it.
Gaaaaah, I wrote two ****ing separate posts trying to respond to this and smashboards crashed both times. Lame, here goes attempt #3.

I agree that all those characters are bad against Jiggs in general, but at least they can limit her planking, that's really all I was getting at. I have no idea if Sheik can use needles effectively or not to stop jiggs from planking, I don't use her. What I do know, is that Dudatsai is notorious for doing nothing but planking people and beating them with that tactic, but when we played I was able to stop him from doing it and I ***** him.

In regards to pills, you can position yourself (and thus the pill angle) so it goes RIGHT past the ledge, creating a wall for her to get past. She will end up taking at least a few pills before she gets back on stage/the ledge. Now granted, if she has a stock lead, that isn't as big, but if she is willing to stall out for a whole 8 minutes, she is going to have to get past 8 minutes worth of pills, and I guarantee at some point Doc's low angled ftilt would kill that ***** flatout.

What I'm really getting at here, is there seems to be a lot of theory fighter going around in terms of how efffective planking actually is, but it doesn't seem like it would break the game at all.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, I wrote a semi long response too, but basically spacies should be able to take the ledge and manage their ledge invincibility in such a way to connect a bair vs. that ****. We should just practice it a bit when we play so that if anyone tries to pull that **** on us we can **** em.

otg

Smash Master
yea, I wrote a semi long response too, but basically spacies should be able to take the ledge and manage their ledge invincibility in such a way to connect a bair vs. that ****. We should just practice it a bit when we play so that if anyone tries to pull that **** on us we can **** em.
I agree, it's more important learning how to beat it then anything else. It's not like she can Shino stall with invincibility frames and a disjointed hitbox or anything.

Niko45

Smash Master
Can't she hit you for any of that if she guesses right? Even if she just comes up on stage and hits you, now she's hit you and might **** you.

Even if you successfully get in there and bair, good luck doing that 20x per stock without ****ing up.

Jiggs gets 4 jumps off the ledge its not like by hanging on the ledge and letting go gives her any less options than she has at any other time.

This isn't theory fighter. This happened to me and it happened to that poor fox in that vid. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM. I think I better join a focus group. Planked Anonymous?

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
I agree that all those characters are bad against Jiggs in general, but at least they can limit her planking, that's really all I was getting at. I have no idea if Sheik can use needles effectively or not to stop jiggs from planking, I don't use her. What I do know, is that Dudatsai is notorious for doing nothing but planking people and beating them with that tactic, but when we played I was able to stop him from doing it and I ***** him.
How come every story you tell ends with you ****** someone? stop ****** people, otg. it is a crime.

Can't she hit you for any of that if she guesses right? Even if she just comes up on stage and hits you, now she's hit you and might **** you.

Even if you successfully get in there and bair, good luck doing that 20x per stock without ****ing up.
I agree with wes in that going down there with a spacie would probably be your best bet. I think that any half-decent jiggs will have no trouble avoiding most projectiles except maybe for a full charge of needles or maybe pills. It's really lame, but I just feel like if a jiggs is gonna do this then you just have to take a risk and beat her at her own game. How would marth do in that situation? any thoughts from your experience, nick?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so, i'm at the library.

the guy next to me is complaining that the net has been slow for the last 2 and a half hours.

if only he knew...

also, niko, your set crashed on me twice, but its up (mostly, audioswap is in progress)

Niko45

Smash Master
In my experience Marth can't do much. Sneak in and reverse nair perhaps. She's not low enough to dair.

Wow good **** Prog. Beasting with uploads.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
That game made me want to vomit knees all over that Jiggs face.

But that could also be that annoying sound she makes whenever she grabs the edge.

Edit: Shouldn't you, theoretically as Fox, be able to at low percents just cc and upsmash her if she attacks you off the ledge?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, true.

Though, I like it when a Jiggs has a habit of pounding off the ledge. However, I've never really had to deal with a Jiggs doing that sort of stuff.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, true.

Though, I like it when a Jiggs has a habit of pounding off the ledge. However, I've never really had to deal with a Jiggs doing that sort of stuff.

Interesting that he took the Jiggs to Mute City to make sure that didn't happen anymore.

Top Bottom