• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
File replacement 2.1 does work with CSPs. I'm using 2.1 and it's working fine.
Also, when using PAL you need "sc_selcharacter_en.pac" for the CSPs for some reason, not "common5_en.pac".
I made some of my CSPs myself so I can confirm it works.
Oh, 2.1a or 2.1b? 'cause I'm sure I read it somewhere in this thread....but anyway, thanks for the info!

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Oh, 2.1a or 2.1b? 'cause I'm sure I read it somewhere in this thread....but anyway, thanks for the info!
No problem =)
Btw, I think I'm using 2.1a. It's on page 127 of this thread I believe.
I don't know if sc_selcharacter_en.pac downloadable. I couldn't find it so I downloaded the iso and extracted the file from it instead =\

Revven

FrankerZ
couple questions:

1. How do you know which region you're in?
2. Do you actually put code manager on your SD card and do the .gct stuff?
1. If you're in the US... I think it should be pretty obvious, but if you're not sure, look on the back of your Brawl disc for NTSC-U or any of the region codes such as RSBE (which is NTSC-U). You can also check your Wii's update and if it says something like 4.0U then you're NTSC-U...

2. No, it's on the PC.

do victory themes go in the same place?
Yes.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm hacking Ness, and I'm doing the step 2 which creates the .pcs . But after '09FitNess_EyeYellow.00' it says:

Error:
TCCheckMipMapConvParams: image 0 is not power of 2 dimensions.
total alloc: 12882
total freed: 12882
press <enter> to quit

If I press enter, it says that again, and again. I haven't even touch that file. What does that mean?

Edit: Is this even the right place to ask this? Lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This does work, thanks a lot :)

Why is it necessary to have a PAC file, why create it??? Why is it there whe it in't needed :confused:
PAC files allow you to see textures in 1 player modes, and also online. PCS. files don't load on your opponents characters unless you're using the same texture.

r3d d09

Smash Master
So i got cookiemonsters song pack and put them in the right folder. etc.

but when i go into brawl, it doesn't work, but my textures work.
Is there something i'm doing wrong?
Oh, and there is no music being played on the map that has the song hack.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I don't know if this is a "glitch," per se, but I noticed that when you replace the "Obstacle Course" song on Yoshi's Island, the game seems to default back to the original song after the second stage transformation sequence.

I tried the song I was using on a different Yoshi's Island song and it worked just fine, so it's nothing with the brstm file.

Just some food for thought, to whomever it may concern.

bobson

Smash Lord
So I don't know if this is a "glitch," per se, but I noticed that when you replace the "Obstacle Course" song on Yoshi's Island, the game seems to default back to the original song after the second stage transformation sequence.

I tried the song I was using on a different Yoshi's Island song and it worked just fine, so it's nothing with the brstm file.

Just some food for thought, to whomever it may concern.
Obstacle Course is made up of two tracks, one for winter and one for the rest of the seasons. They fade in to eachother as the stage transforms, so to get a song working as a replacement for that track you'll need to replace both BRSTMs with the same song.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Obstacle Course is made up of two tracks, one for winter and one for the rest of the seasons. They fade in to eachother as the stage transforms, so to get a song working as a replacement for that track you'll need to replace both BRSTMs with the same song.
what i needed too,thx

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm hacking Ness, and I'm doing the step 2 which creates the .pcs . But after '09FitNess_EyeYellow.00' it says:

Error:
TCCheckMipMapConvParams: image 0 is not power of 2 dimensions.
total alloc: 12882
total freed: 12882
press <enter> to quit

If I press enter, it says that again, and again. I haven't even touch that file. What does that mean?

Edit: Is this even the right place to ask this? Lol
I really need this help! I can't do any more textures until I can do the step 2 on my texture.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
So i got cookiemonsters song pack and put them in the right folder. etc.

but when i go into brawl, it doesn't work, but my textures work.
Is there something i'm doing wrong?
Oh, and there is no music being played on the map that has the song hack.
Are you sure the song is in the right directory? Here's an example:
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\A01.brstm

Also I still need to know if and how you can make a stage texture or object transparent.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to set up my .gct with code manager, and this is what I did.

I pasted the NTSC codes into a file document, in a folder random folder I made, in the txtcodes folder on the root of my SD card. Than, I brought of Code Manager, hit "File," and hit "open TXT file." Than I whent to txtcodes/random folder/document withh all the codes, and hit "Open." Than I past all the codes where it says, "code contents."

I'm sure the problem is something silly and I'll feel really dumb, but when I hit "Export to GCT," It says, "No codes selected." So someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I felt it was appropriate to post this here rather than the Q&A thread, correct me if I'm wrong.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
... No. I knew it was something silly that would make me feel dumb! Thank you sir, specifically for not calling me a ****** for not knowing this. lol

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
\4. Save the .gct as "RSBE01.gct" and save it to the codes folder. You're set now with the codes. (If you are PAL, call it "RSBP01.gct", and NTSC-J call it "RSBJ01").
I got another noob question for you. I got Phantom Wings, and I did step 4, but I already had a gct called "RSBE01.gct," it's the one with all the Brawl+ codes. So I just click and drag Phantom Wings into the gct I already had. Than, I downloaded Youko's texture package, which took forever lol. Than, I put the SD card in my Wii, run GeckoOS, and it says, "SD Codes Found." So I go to practice mode, and the only codes on where a few texture hacks my friend put on there when he gave me GeckoOS, but the textures I just downloaded AND Brawl+ did not work. So how do I fix this?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
someone recently made a Brawl music converting program for the PC based on Androu1's Tool. The programmer had made a thread for it, updating the program regularly. He was last on version 1.0 or so for his program. It worked well for me, I knew how to use it, now I can't find it, nor can I find the thread. I had deleted the program as I was dealing with some computer related issues--- no I need it back.

Can anyone help me out? I can't remember the programmers name. :(

A link would be greatly appreciated!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
someone recently made a Brawl music converting program for the PC based on Androu1's Tool. The programmer had made a thread for it, updating the program regularly. He was last on version 1.0 or so for his program. It worked well for me, I knew how to use it, now I can't find it, nor can I find the thread. I had deleted the program as I was dealing with some computer related issues--- no I need it back.

Can anyone help me out? I can't remember the programmers name. :(

A link would be greatly appreciated!
I believe the the TC of the topic was Supersonicracin (a.k.a sonicracin/bionicsonic.)

That's all I know, but I remember looking at the topic.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
About how long do you think it'll take for the next version of the code to come out? Mine still freezes quite frequently at 3.5

Thanks very much for working on this!

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Another one just came out ._.

Although the fix is for the info.pac or whatever for custom music titles...

Still working on the custom music titles using codes though... as if no one wants to bother with compression and its also still limited by the amount of characters of the original title, Phantom said that using my codes MIGHT be easier...

jalued

Smash Lord
i have a few questions because i want to make my own set:

where do effects go for characters?
what do you name the CSP's? (as in, what do u name them when u place them into ur folder? i dont know becasue all downloaded sets have all the CSP's clumped together)
is it possible to change the actual name during a fight to be what the texture is, for example, marth with roy texture would say roy instead of marth?

Kasper!

Smash Lord
why do the songs i edit now say no loop when i check for the length value. i done 20 songs already previously and it didnt do this? help plz

UncleSam

Smash Master
i have a few questions because i want to make my own set:

where do effects go for characters?
what do you name the CSP's? (as in, what do u name them when u place them into ur folder? i dont know becasue all downloaded sets have all the CSP's clumped together)
is it possible to change the actual name during a fight to be what the texture is, for example, marth with roy texture would say roy instead of marth?
effects go in the same folder as the character,

EDIT: forget what I said before. I actually don't know CSP extensions... and I can't check because my computer is broken

not that I know of

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm pretty sure there is because in Youko's texture pack, the stripe parts on Final Dest. are transparent.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Does anyone know how it was done? I've heard you make the textures for characters magenta to make it transparent. It didn't work for stages when i tried.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
THIS. Is the answer to the Yoshi's Island problem. please put this into the OP in the form of a FAQ.

Another one just came out ._.

Although the fix is for the info.pac or whatever for custom music titles...

Still working on the custom music titles using codes though... as if no one wants to bother with compression and its also still limited by the amount of characters of the original title, Phantom said that using my codes MIGHT be easier...
Your code is great for the people who don't want to bother with a hex editor. Keep doing the other stages.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
THIS. Is the answer to the Yoshi's Island problem. please put this into the OP in the form of a FAQ.

Your code is great for the people who don't want to bother with a hex editor. Keep doing the other stages.
But thats like the worlds most basic use of a hex editor......Ctrl F + replace is sooo easy.

Compare that to replacing stuff and using mipmaps and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom