• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finns7

Smash Ace
How do I make custom textues......I have gimpshop instead of photo? I also got a 01 pac from a friend so I dont need the iso

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
This code is like Christmas come early. ^_^

Thanks, I guess I messed up somewhere, because Falconchu didn't work for me. At least now I know that texture works for somebody, I'll get it working at some point.
Is your falconchu on FitPikachu00? Pika has slightly different models depending on his color, so it might be that Falconchu is only compatible with the model with no bandana/hat/etc.

jokey665

Smash Ace
A comment/concern regarding a certain stage texture. Specifically, Stack Smash's Phazonfair. Is it just me or are the pillars of lava completely invisible, leading to randomly getting hit by fire out of nowhere?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
"b. If you have v 1.3, you can just go ahead and press start once you've selected your color. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DISABLE CUSTOM STAGES V 1.1 WITH THIS CODE! OTHERWISE, IT WILL NOT WORK RIGHT!"

no, you should still wait a few seconds for the textures to load with 1.3 too, the wii is still working hard to load from the sd card, and careless character selecting can lead to a frozen wii.

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
Can we get a PAL porter to work on this ASAP so we dont have to wait ages like we do for most every code.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
"b. If you have v 1.3, you can just go ahead and press start once you've selected your color. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DISABLE CUSTOM STAGES V 1.1 WITH THIS CODE! OTHERWISE, IT WILL NOT WORK RIGHT!"

no, you should still wait a few seconds for the textures to load with 1.3 too, the wii is still working hard to load from the sd card, and careless character selecting can lead to a frozen wii.
Provided you have the custom stages disabled, there is absolutely no freezing on any matters concerning load times. Hours worth of playtime has proved this.

Just another thing I might want to bring up. So far, all released pokemon texture hacks will randomly freeze mid-battle. I can't say weather this is due to the code or the textures as all of the textures are released by the same author - Assist trophies have been thoroughly tested and do not freeze.

Thanks for the notice, here is the updated guide:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5yhaz2m5jkm
Might I be able to get my name in the credits for that guide seeing as you're using my code? This code is one of my greatest yet and it took me approximately 5 months to finish it... I'd hate to see my work go unregarded.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Idk if anyone awnsered my question before but all ask it again.

When creating(step 2) characters such as Fox, Sonic, and Yoshi I get asked a question saying if I say yes it might corrupt the file due to something with the pixles. The Parts that have problems are Fox's Blaster and Yoshi's Egg. If I say yes it ignores it and continues. So when I loaded Yoshi on brawl it froze the game.

For Sonic I overwrited the green sonic, instead of giving me my texture hacked sonic it gave me the Original Sonic on the Green Sonic.

Anyone know how I can prevent those ignoring/corrupt files so i can make texture hacks for Sonic, Fox, and Yoshi?

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
There will be no PAL port unless I can find a PAL hacker to team up with. It's really difficult to port a game to PAL if you only have the NTSC-U version of the game.

Any questions concerning making the actual textures will have a better chance of being answered in the forums at KittyCorp.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
I am a PAL user of Smash Bros,because i live in Italy.
But i haven't a USB GECKO.I have only the channel.

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
There will be no PAL port unless I can find a PAL hacker to team up with. It's really difficult to port a game to PAL if you only have the NTSC-U version of the game.

Any questions concerning making the actual textures will have a better chance of being answered in the forums at KittyCorp.
Assuming you could find one (wich I imagine wouldnt be to hard) how long do you think it would take? or would that depend on the PAL Hacker?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Just another thing I might want to bring up. So far, all released pokemon texture hacks will randomly freeze mid-battle. I can't say weather this is due to the code or the textures as all of the textures are released by the same author - Assist trophies have been thoroughly tested and do not freeze.
I found that out over the weekend. It might be due to having to repeatedly check for Pokemon textures because there can be 5+ pokemon out at once.

Although I don't think I had this issue when I only had 1-3 Pokemon Textures that were all legendary...

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
1. Yep

2. Yep

3. just the unrestricted Pause Camera..... Would that matter?

Ok i took off the code and the skyworld one still forze....

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if someone developed a code to replace character voice files from an sd card.... then that'd be pretty awesome...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
if they're not streamed, then it's possible already. You just need to replace voice files on a large scale.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
nooby question so now do i still need to buy twilight princess at all for any part of this process

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Finally, a guide on how to load custom CSP:

Using the CSP files via SD card
After you run CUPASH's step 2... you'll be provided with some new files / folders within the "newfiles" folder, specifically:

menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB000.brres (multiple ones)
and
system\common5_en.pac

Place these files as so (with respect to the pf folder):

pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB000.brres (multiple ones)
and
pf\system\common5.pac (THE NAME IS IMPORTANT, MAKE SURE IT IS common5.pac, not common5_en.pac)

There is a topic on Kitty Corp forums with tons of CSP to download! Check out the images of them here:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/darkplasma22/Brawl CSPs/?start=160

Edit: password is: w00t22

FireKirby7

Smash Lord

After you run CUPASH's step 2... you'll be provided with some new files / folders within the "newfiles" folder, specifically:

and
system\common5_en.pac

and
pf\system\common5.pac (THE NAME IS IMPORTANT, MAKE SURE IT IS common5.pac, not common5_en.pac)

There is a topic on Kitty Corp forums with tons of CSP to download! Check out the images of them here:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/darkplasma22/Brawl CSPs/?start=160

Edit: password is: w00t22
Wait, what's CUPASH? Couldn't find anything on Google. :/

And the last link to Photobucket needs a password...

Nvm, I found the thread.
http://kittycorp.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=yourtexturehacks&action=display&thread=486

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Provided you have the custom stages disabled, there is
Might I be able to get my name in the credits for that guide seeing as you're using my code? This code is one of my greatest yet and it took me approximately 5 months to finish it... I'd hate to see my work go unregarded.
Urk... Now I feel bad. Yes, of course you can have your name in the credits.

UPDATED MORE INFO: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5yhaz2m5jkm

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
People, how can I "unpack" a .pac file? I need to visualize how some of these textures are made. I'm pretty sure there is a way to view the .pac's content.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
A comment/concern regarding a certain stage texture. Specifically, Stack Smash's Phazonfair. Is it just me or are the pillars of lava completely invisible, leading to randomly getting hit by fire out of nowhere?
In case you're still wondering...

yeah they're invisible.

@ StarShadow - do you plan to release Gigyas Lair yet? Or does it need revision still? @_@

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice

and
system\common5_en.pac

and
I can't test this until friday, but from what I'm reading... you convert normal pictures into the 2 required files using CUPASH, then put them into the 2 folders there? I assume CUPASH automatically names each so they go in the right spot.

Only problem I have now is making all those CSPs so I can actually tell what I'm using....

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Lmfao I finally got it to work. My wii froze with mr OVER 9000 though.

What's it going to be like when we can add a "character slot", edit models, and swap voice files.

lolBatmanforbrawl.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
for some reason, i cant get the texture hack codes to work with brawl+.
they work perfectly fine with vBrawl, but when i put the brawl+ codes on, my wii freezes on the Gecko OS screen when it says "Applying Codes"
am i doing something wrong?

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom