• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Showdown Championships Considering Adding Smash to Lineup

insomniavgc

Smash Rookie
I have some potentially exciting news! I have been talking with one of the founders and TOs from Texas Showdown Championships, and he says that they are "strongly considering" putting Melee and/or Project M into the lineup for the first time this year! For those that don't know, Texas Showdown was one of the original 4 fighting game majors and is the largest tournament in Texas! It takes place in Houston the first week of April. This tournament had a rebirth last year, parting ways with the Anime con, bringing back the founders and partnering with Level Up to put on a universally acclaimed event.

So at this point, I am just trying to gauge interest and to figure out who are the best people in the scene to consult with about this possibility. They would need the community to support with setups and organization, plus some staff to help run the event(s). Let me know what you think!

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm your guy for project M. My name is Rob Dickson on facebook, feel free to message me there if you want to discuss logistics and whatnot.

Top Bottom