• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might X!! Amherst , Ohio 12/11/10 - NOT CANCELED! VENUE FOUND!

SDK Ryo

Smash Rookie
a tourney in Amherst? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? And on the weekend I come back in town, no less. Vidjo and I may just have to hit this up.

I didn't even know anybody besides Harry played Smash in Amherst lol.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'm on the ropes. I really haven't improved much so it seems like a waste of money. I mean if I actually got some legit practice with people around here, I'd be down, but right now...

Edit: Maybe... I might just come down to play friendlies and maybe doubles with a friend.

solecalibur

Smash Master
By all means please do come down just for friendlies , we are gonna need quiet a few setups if possible , but we can have a friendlies and non brawl setup (SFIV blazblue etc)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
By all means please do come down just for friendlies , we are gonna need quiet a few setups if possible , but we can have a friendlies and non brawl setup (SFIV blazblue etc)
ok, and I'll prolly bring a set-up and compete in at least teams if I can make it

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im not writing it down because im more or less lazy , but I can say we will have teams unless we are short on time (unlikely)

So go ahead with who teams with who , etc

Skyson

Smash Ace
Although I'm probably going up with x canton people, idk if I'd have a doubles partner out of them, lol.

Melee doubles, ohhhh yeahhh.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Im not writing it down because im more or less lazy , but I can say we will have teams unless we are short on time (unlikely)

So go ahead with who teams with who , etc
Like I said, I can run it for you. melee doubles takes like 20 minutes lol.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Keep forgetting melee isnt brawl lol , you guys are done with 1/4 of the time sometimes xD

SDK Ryo

Smash Rookie
assuming this is alcohol-free. I need to let people know in advance so they know how to act. Granted, we can just go to Church St for a few if we REALLY need to drink (we don't).

D

Deleted member

assuming this is alcohol-free. I need to let people know in advance so they know how to act. Granted, we can just go to Church St for a few if we REALLY need to drink (we don't).
Sup Ryo??

:3

mers

Smash Ace
So, this might be a little confusing because I'm in the process of getting my account name changed to "mers", so that's who I'll be at this tournament...

BUT

I want MMs. Lots of them.

I will MM ANY PLAYER at Melee according to the following rules:

- MMs are $3
- Best 2 of 3 games, played exactly like tournament rules (stage and character counterpicking, etc.)
- I don't want to lose more than $24, so I will take a maximum of 8 MMs.

I am not very good at Melee, so this is a chance for you all to make some money, and for me to get better.

This isn't a rule, but it is a request:

Since I want to get better, I'd love it if you played at least mostly seriously and close to your best against me. In the same vein, I want any and all advice you can offer (mid-match if you are willing, but I understand if you want to save it for after you get your money).

I'll update this post with MMs as people accept my challenge.

Thanks everyone!

LIST
- 4% APR
- soap
- Skyson
- FlipX
- COHEED AND CAMBRIA
- DippnDots

soap

Smash Hero
Hey who wants to jungle japes MM me in melee :)
yes please, $2
So, this might be a little confusing because I'm in the process of getting my account name changed to "mers", so that's who I'll be at this tournament...

BUT

I want MMs. Lots of them.

I will MM ANY PLAYER at Melee according to the following rules:

- MMs are $3
- Best 2 of 3 games, played exactly like tournament rules (stage and character counterpicking, etc.)
- I don't want to lose more than $24, so I will take a maximum of 8 MMs.

I am not very good at Melee, so this is a chance for you all to make some money, and for me to get better.

This isn't a rule, but it is a request:

Since I want to get better, I'd love it if you played at least mostly seriously and close to your best against me. In the same vein, I want any and all advice you can offer (mid-match if you are willing, but I understand if you want to save it for after you get your money).

I'll update this post with MMs as people accept my challenge.

Thanks everyone!

LIST
- 4% APR
I'd be more than willing to do friendlies. I go hard in friendlies. But I will MM if you insist on the experience (it is slightly different)

Skyson

Smash Ace
I'll MM you mers. I love discussing stuff mid-match. I'll be the guy going serious with Kirby. :3

mers

Smash Ace
Thanks for the MMs everyone! I really appreciate it.

I'd be more than willing to do friendlies. I go hard in friendlies. But I will MM if you insist on the experience (it is slightly different)
It's really up to you. My challenge stands (kind of a principle thing), but I would gladly play friendlies too.

How about the MM, plus some more friendlies if you're interested at the time?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ill MM you Mers.

Also I will be giving out random character MM's if people want. Rules are as such.

1. You random a DIFFERENT character every individual game.
2. Each player bans 3 characters for their opponent and 3 characters for themselves. (mains vs worst character are no fun so I feel this eliminates the unfun luck part)
3. Other standard tourny rules apply.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I'll mm you and okay dave its down and soap me and you should practice again soon but i have been brawling more lately. And flip $5 regular mm and $3 random?

Im hoping to have money to do these money matches since im just starting my new job so no promises but if i do i would loveee tooo

DippnDots

Feral Youth
ill mm you too mers, i'll be the only ganon you play against :p

amd flip i'll take that random MM if you also random and its in melee, $2-5?

FlipX

Smash Ace
Steve: Ya im down
DippinDots: Ya ill play for 5 if you want. And ya we both random and its melee =)

Skyson

Smash Ace
Denzi would like to mention that anyone that plays Yugioh should def bring it to TYM
This makes me happy. Yugioh will be brought. (:

FlipX, with a 3-counterban 3-selfban rule I'd happily take a random MM.

Not sure how much MMing I can do, the following Monday would be the day I'd be getting my paycheck from working Thanksgiving & Black Friday.

I'll see what I can do. :/

Top Bottom