• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@Handorin: yeah, I have been playing gaoon and falco lately because Link alone just doesnt cut it. I havent dropped link by any means, but its good to give the Hyrulian hero a break every once in a while. HAHAHA

I love the map Aura put up. I need to go where those dragons are and get me one. Then sell it to a zoo. And I will be rich!!!!!!!! Rich I tell ya!!!!! ::evil ganondorf laugh::

exquisite

Smash Rookie
Working on it, Ive got a few friends that play in Knoxville -- I'm waiting on some answers from them...My neighbor's starting up again too. :)

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
Chattanooga - Aurafox (Fox, Captain Falcon)
Hey KO, you know me better than that. :p Main is Fox and sub is Pichu. I love CF to death but I'd never use him in a real tourney, ain't got that tourney CF skill yet. >.<

Working on it, Ive got a few friends that play in Knoxville -- I'm waiting on some answers from them...My neighbor's starting up again too.
Hey, smashers returning to Knoxville? Sweet! When I first started smash, Knoxville was the only area that had any at all. Then they all disappeared after a big Knox tourney and haven't been back since. :\ But hey that'll take care of all the major TN cities, get them to play again!

exquisite

Smash Rookie
Yeah, there are still a good few smashers in Knoxville, that I know of at least; however, getting ahold of them is the issue, lol. Anyway, I'll keep trying and try to get em posting and active again.

Oh, and as for JC, I've gotten a lot of good friends going on it again. :)

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Knoxville repre... sent?...

...really? Nobody else? My closest competitor in JC? (Thar be dragons, after all.)

*Sigh* It's true, I'm all alone, smashless, my game stores don't even hold smash tourneys for goofy prizes any more... :(

Well, for what it's worth...

TridenT
Ness/Jiggly
K-Town

And what's horrible is I'm not even that good. I came back to Smashboards and the game as a whole because one of my buddies at the shop challenged me real quick and pulled out a last second win over my Ness with Fox. It was irritating, as the rest of my friends can't hold a candle with a handicap. But I'm rusty.

There, does that cover all my excuses? I hope so. ;) (Gotta hold onto "Ow, thumb cramp" as a trump card, just in case.)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hey maybe one day when the johnson city and knoxville crew's are up and running we (meaning my crew) could smash with you guys.
just a thought though.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
KO, i'm glad to see that you're trying to uplift TN as a whole. I think Memphis is covered but we need Nashville and Knoxville back on the map! MLG came to Nashville and then forgot about us...

The fact that you're more towards East TN makes me even more interested in you. You could possibly set up a venue that could draw in the Alabama, most of Georgia, and the Carolinas.

If you build it, they will come.

Seriously, you've got potential to be a big tournament director. Set some **** up son, the Run7 will be there.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
heck yeah man i really want TN to be on the map now that im back and i want to see us challenge the likes of Atlanta, Florida, and maybe one day California.

With that being said lets get to smashing!

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
~Lance post~

Do you have access to anywhere to hold a big tournament? Lately i've been seeing a lot of people holding them in hotel dining halls and just charging a door fee to cover the costs.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
~Lance post~

Do you have access to anywhere to hold a big tournament? Lately i've been seeing a lot of people holding them in hotel dining halls and just charging a door fee to cover the costs.
well ive actually been looking for a local business around the town i live in to hold the tourney
but there is a hotel that i have been meaning to talk to about a conference room
this town is hella cheap with everything
gas is even down to 2 dollars a gallon
but the hotel is right off the interstate easy to find and im pretty sure that it is hella cheap to rent the conference room. i will do that today and then see what is up.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
well ive actually been looking for a local business around the town i live in to hold the tourney
but there is a hotel that i have been meaning to talk to about a conference room
this town is hella cheap with everything
gas is even down to 2 dollars a gallon
but the hotel is right off the interstate easy to find and im pretty sure that it is hella cheap to rent the conference room. i will do that today and then see what is up.
Actually they make for really good venues. The last 2 INN tournies have been via hotel and we've had nothing but success with it.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
thanks for the input guys i really needed this kick in the butt to get things going again
im heading down there right now as we speak

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.

Also, ask them if you get a discount if people need rooms book there.

I work in the industry, depending on the type of hotel depends on how they can work with ya.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well ive checked into the whole holding a tourney thing at the conference center here in town and its very inexpensive seemingly.... i got to talk to the guy tomorrow.
as for hotels i know the lady who is the manager at the hotel where the conference center is and they would cut hella deals for us.
Its looking like an awesome idea.
now all i need is the people to come to the tourney

*edit*
I also forgot to mention that they offer food right there at the conference center if everyone wanted it but i said probobly not cause everyone needs to try the local places out. LIKE JIFFY BURGER! its awesome not to mention Krystals......

Lance87

Smash Lord
As long as you space it enough between some of these big tournaments coming up I think you'll get a **** good turnout.

So the next step is-

1. Negotiate-talk possible dates and pricing with the hotel manager
2. Organize- Think about possible entry fees (I suggest $15(singles) for a big turnout). Also think about what the door fee will be to cover the cost of the conference room.
3. Advertise- Start a thread, change your banner, gain support, and gain feedback on the pricing.

Just so you know, this post was made with the best of intentions. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or be pushy, i'm just trying to help out. :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Dude, pizza is the international Smash food. It is a rule to supply it at tourneys. We can try local places outside the tourney. ;)
What is the possible date you have in mind?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah i feel u guys lance and zane.
i was thinking maybe we could pull it off in Late October (like the weekend before INN or after)
or late NOV early DEC.
entry fee would ofcourse be $15 per person for singles and $10 per person for teams. as for food we could order a HUGE pizza run and krystals haha. depending on the amount of people would be the door fee (hopefully not more than $4 i hate charging door fee)
if all goes well then we will have a monthly (if not opposite biweekly to INN) tourney here in middle/east TN. Heck even Aura would have to come to this everytime.
this is gonna be some hella good stuff guys

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well i just talked to the guy at the conference center and he said they would be open for Friday OCT 27 or a Friday NOV17 i tried for a Saturday but they are all booked on saturdays till like JAN are either of those dates feasable. I think the OCT 27th would be fine cause it is an off week for INN biweeklies. but seeing as how everyone wants to do holloweekly i dunno what u guys wanna do. oh and the conference center is gonna cost about 150 not too bad cause the place is brand new and hella nice.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Dude, if you hold a tournament, I am sure most of the Run7 would be there. Also, dont hesitate to ask us for help on anything. We would be glad to help out in any way possible. We always enjoy helping Zane run the INNsomnia tourneys. We are like his body gaurds. HAHAHAHA

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Dude, if you hold a tournament, I am sure most of the Run7 would be there. Also, dont hesitate to ask us for help on anything. We would be glad to help out in any way possible. We always enjoy helping Zane run the INNsomnia tourneys. We are like his body gaurds. HAHAHAHA
awesome thanks guys i really appreciate all the advise and help from everyone

and i also just realized that most people wouldnt be able to make a Friday tourny. Atleast not during school time. so im gonna try to find something else before i go in to work today. unless u guys still think doing it on a friday would be cool.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
sooooo many ganondorfs on that first post list lol
hahaha yeah i thought i was the only one to be Ganondorf now he is so popular...

But about the Middle TN Tourney i found the perfect venue.
it holds up to 1800 people and guess what..... ITS FREE! (but i have to charge a door fee)
they would probobly serve us cheap drinks at the tourney and im gonna talk to the director see if i can have the tourney monthly if all goes well. they provide us with tables and chairs. all i would need would be set ups (cubes, TV's, and power cords) i would hope everyone in this thread would come to the Tourney and help me promote Smash in TN.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya same... Im assuming this is a different place, so would it be a Saturday? Until football season is over, I have to perform at games. Saturday would be best for me, and Im sure most of the Smash community would agrre.

$5 food fee is standard. (unless you meant building fee, then nvm >_>)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah its gonna be on a saturday and im gonna talk to the director on monday about getting the place i will keep everyone up to date

Lance87

Smash Lord
Awesome

I think mid/late October would be good since it would give us at least a couple weeks to get more money to go to T4rnish's tournament in Alabama. If not then waiting until late November or early December would most likely be a good idea.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
so how does October 28th sound?
its an off INN biweekly weekend... its a lil bit away from the next tourney in NOV...
Im pretty sure the director will let me do it on that day...
I cant wait for this...

Handorin

Smash Hero
King- I have a marching band competition at the Liberty Bown on that day. It's the biggest one we are going to. (It is also our last one.)

Where is White House, TN?

Handorin

Smash Hero
omg. Do you go to McGavock king? o.O There band is pretty good.

EDIT: I saw you were in the MySpace group when I went to yours. (No, I dont have a myspace, it is evil.)

Keta

Smash Journeyman
White House is about 30 minutes or so north of Nashville. Small town. I'm the best I know of within a couple hours away. =\ It sucks, but I'm trying to get to alot of out of state tournaments. Waiting for INN6. ;x Just got back from OC2. I'm wasn't good enough to attend OC2, but still got alot of XP and had a badass week.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Why not come to INN5? >_>
I would have loved to go to OC, sounds awsome. Maybe someday when I get a job and money...

Top Bottom