• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell us your favorite IRL Noob Pwn moments

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
For example, I was at a small tourney Sat and afterward, everyone stayed and played a bunch of friendlies.a bunch of little kids were there too cus their older siblings were in the tourney and ya, little kids like to talk a big game.

Long story, I, in another conversation to somebody else, said Falcon sucked. One of the kids, the oldest, looked about 13, said, and I quote, "Falcon is the best, he has the falcon punch and its a one hit kill."

I then proceeded to own him, his friends, and his brother with Snake and Lucario, the "worst in the game" according to them.

They left still talking a big game even though I put their faces in the dirt.

anyone got any good ones?

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman
For example, I was at a small tourney Sat and afterward, everyone stayed and played a bunch of friendlies.a bunch of little kids were there too cus their older siblings were in the tourney and ya, little kids like to talk a big game.

Long story, I, in another conversation to somebody else, said Falcon sucked. One of the kids, the oldest, looked about 13, said, and I quote, "Falcon is the best, he has the falcon punch and its a one hit kill."

I then proceeded to own him, his friends, and his brother with Snake and Lucario, the "worst in the game" according to them.

They left still talking a big game even though I put their faces in the dirt.

anyone got any good ones?
Moral of the story you owned some noobs who played the worst char. in the game, with some of the best chars. in the game. :ohwell:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I got crazy noob pwnage with Sonic and Marth under my belt.

My best noob pwnage was me playing as Sonic against a Ness. my three stock and hi damage to his one stock and close to zero damage. I barrage said noob with fairs to take him off stage, and pressure him out of a 2nd jump easily. (consider this, Ness clearly outprioritizes Sonic in the air) He tries to PKT, I use my spring to stop it, three stock, easy.

2nd best noob pwnage was another three stock, this time against a noob Yoshi. DI saved me from losing a stock, and said noob was pissed, even more so when I finished him with an upthrow > uair combo.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Moral of the story you owned some noobs who played the worst char. in the game, with some of the best chars. in the game. :ohwell:
more or less, but after the first one w/ the falcon, they almost all used MK or Falco. Oh and one used Kirby.it was more to prove them wrong over anything else.

EDIT: Charoo, that vid was awesome, good ****

smashbot226

Smash Master
Some mini-Tourneyf*g was using MK to destroy everyone at my cousin's party.

He's six, they're all six, and all he uses is Whornado.

I use Captain Falcon, who he KNOWS is the worst character in the game and I five stock him.

He gets pissed, so he wants to try it again. Five stocked.

Then Round Three, he ABUSES Whornado- what could I do? He gets a stock off from a lucky (for him) Ultimate Chimera spawn and claims he's the best.
Then I PWN him three more times with Falcon Punch.

I'm now considered a God by anyone six and below.:laugh:

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Some mini-Tourneyf*g was using MK to destroy everyone at my cousin's party.

He's six, they're all six, and all he uses is Whornado.

I use Captain Falcon, who he KNOWS is the worst character in the game and I five stock him.

He gets pissed, so he wants to try it again. Five stocked.

Then Round Three, he ABUSES Whornado- what could I do? He gets a stock off from a lucky (for him) Ultimate Chimera spawn and claims he's the best.
Then I PWN him three more times with Falcon Punch.

I'm now considered a God by anyone six and below.:laugh:
I Lol'd dude

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Some college guys said that Zelda was weak as hell because she was a girl. I don't think they removed a stock off of me out of six matches. One of them, a Ganon player, said something like, "How the **** does he kidnap her anyway?"

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hahaha.. some of these are priceless. My favourite:

At a small tourney, I was using G&W in a match against Wolf. All the people where like "Who the hell would play G&W? He sucks so much!". Especially that Wolf player taunted me.
It was a time match of 2 minutes, and I pwned him without dying once and had like... 4 kills. x)

Yaya

Smash Champion
One of my friends came over to play some Brawl, it was the first time the person had played Brawl, she knew the controls because she had played Melee before.

She picks Meta Knight, I pick Pokemon Trainer.

Stage: Halberd

First kill, F-throw off the stage, f-air do D-air with Charizard.

It was kinda funny, due to the fact it was 20 seconds into the fight.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I have just the one from our first local tournament.

This was a month after Brawl's release, maybe. The tournament had friendlies before hand, about an hour long, and I walked in to the room filled with a good number of people. I had chosen to play Falco as my main for the day. As I enter I see a tv with someone else playing Falco who proceeded to suck with him. This conversation ensued.

"Man, he has no combo potential. Too slow, horrible."
"Yeah man, he's not worth anything. Compared to Wolf or Fox."
"You got that right."

I didn't chime in. Well, the first match starts and I'm playing a Link. It starts off as he does an aerial approach. I shield grab, to chain grab, to a spike on the first stock. I heard one voice behind me shout "Gay."

Not really a n00b moment I don't guess, but they underestimated Falco. So maybe it is, I don't know.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Some college guys said that Zelda was weak as hell because she was a girl. I don't think they removed a stock off of me out of six matches. One of them, a Ganon player, said something like, "How the **** does he kidnap her anyway?"
thats awesome lol

@Yojimbo, I think it counts as a noob moment

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I was at a smaller tourney once (bunch of friends). out of the 15 people, there were 9 ike's. The main idea was that they all though smaller characters were ****, and could easily be owned by ike. to make a long story short, i destroyed the first three ike players with lucas, ("a little kid can't possibly beat a grown swordsman")
and won the tourney. one guy was kinda pissed, and after we were doing some friendly FFA's, and after the first guy died, the other two people (who were ike's) started to double team me. it was pictochat, i was in the center. one of them was kinda bad, so i was able to finish him before the other could to any major damage on me. at the end of the fight, we both had really high damage and 1 life. he went to the left ledge and started spamming his up special, grabing the ledge again and again, like the cruel brawl trick, and i decided to wait till he stopped. but the diagonal line got drawn across the stage while he was in the air, making the ledge impossible to grab, and he died XD

(and i'm not saying ike is a bad character, i just hate it when a bunch of people spam the same character)

smashbot226

Smash Master
I was at a smaller tourney once (bunch of friends). out of the 15 people, there were 9 ike's. The main idea was that they all though smaller characters were ****, and could easily be owned by ike. to make a long story short, i destroyed the first three ike players with lucas, ("a little kid can't possibly beat a grown swordsman")
and won the tourney. one guy was kinda pissed, and after we were doing some friendly FFA's, and after the first guy died, the other two people (who were ike's) started to double team me. it was pictochat, i was in the center. one of them was kinda bad, so i was able to finish him before the other could to any major damage on me. at the end of the fight, we both had really high damage and 1 life. he went to the left ledge and started spamming his up special, grabing the ledge again and again, like the cruel brawl trick, and i decided to wait till he stopped. but the diagonal line got drawn across the stage while he was in the air, making the ledge impossible to grab, and he died XD

(and i'm not saying ike is a bad character, i just hate it when a bunch of people spam the same character)
I love this one.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I have a friend who's been playing smash for years now, but still can't really tech.

I have one replay on FD: DK vs Marth where I just shieldgrab to cargo stage spike him two times. After he comes back the second time he runs to the edge and hangs from it, and as soon as I aproach he just drops down and SD. Took like 30 seconds in total, and has learned him to get ot of grabs quicker.

I wouldn't really call him a noob but getting shieldgrabbed by DK near the ledge twice in a row was pretty nooby

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

spamming charactesr is something I also dislike, especially when a bunch of scrubs talk tough and want to gang up on me, but yet in the end, I end up owning and 5 stocking each and every one of them as if they were mere sandbags.

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
When i taught my 9 year old step brother how to play super smash bros.

hes a bit better now, but he wanted to get better and have me teach him soo bad after i whooped his *** so hard. so...i taught him how to play, its his favorite game now XD

Veggi

Smash Champion
I don't play alot vs. new players, but my brother played Sonic against my Mario and I was doing this (not trying to brag) insane chain of bair>uair combos, that always leads to me suiciding (It's so fun) and I did this really fast bair>autocanceled uair>downthrow>whatever I was doing I can't remember and whenever he recovers it's easy to predict so I just jump above him and meteor smash him as he uses his up-b.

All of the above involve him either cussing, hitting me, throwing his controller or going no-contest.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It was about a week after Brawl's release, and my friends Chris and Loring wanted me to come over to their dorm and play Brawl. I had been playing almost non stop and had time to play with all the characters at least once. My friends, however, were still getting acclimated.

Bear in mind now, we're all what you would call "casual" players.

Out of sheer curiosity, I choose Dedede in a 4-player free for all. My friends are all like "Seriously? Dedede? It's your funeral, man."

Ten minutes into the match, I'm wiping the floor with them and Chris scratches his head.

"I don't think Dedede should still be alive... right?"

I pwned them silly the rest of the day.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Around 2 years ago.... I went to the library (Every Tuesday/Thursday they'd have a gamecube out to play Melee on)... A friend of mine heard that I liked to play so he invited me one day... We did mostly FFA's... I owned everytime with Roy and Link.... It didn't take long for people to realize that I was much better than them... xD

Eventually, I felt like playing as another char.... So I picked Jigglypuff, I enjoyed playing as her from time to time... Right before the match was going to begin, someone said "Haha! Who picked Jigglypuff?!" and everyone started to laugh... I told them it was me, and everyone got much quieter until someone asked "Dude, why did you pick Jigglypuff? She sucks..." I shrugged and the match started.

Naturally, I won once again (by a large margin, might I add)... xD I don't think any of them will underestimate a character again.... :p

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Around 2 years ago.... I went to the library (Every Tuesday/Thursday they'd have a gamecube out to play Melee on)... A friend of mine heard that I liked to play so he invited me one day... We did mostly FFA's... I owned everytime with Roy and Link.... It didn't take long for people to realize that I was much better than them... xD

Eventually, I felt like playing as another char.... So I picked Jigglypuff, I enjoyed playing as her from time to time... Right before the match was going to begin, someone said "Haha! Who picked Jigglypuff?!" and everyone started to laugh... I told them it was me, and everyone got much quieter until someone asked "Dude, why did you pick Jigglypuff? She sucks..." I shrugged and the match started.

Naturally, I won once again (by a large margin, might I add)... xD I don't think any of them will underestimate a character again.... :p
lol, I just pictured everybody laughing hella hard then instantly shutting up when you said you picked her...

idky but that was funny to me

\m/

Tenki

Smash Hero
yesterday, a friend brought me over to one of his friends' room to play Brawl, and he was like "this guy is pretty beastly with Sonic", and he was like "fine, ONE match"

other people stopped by to watch.

It was Sonic vs Lucas :l

around the beginning of the match, one of the guys was like "Sonic? I thought he sucks in this game?", and 5 seconds later, I pulled a U-throw>Spring>B-air flashy kill and they were like "wtf?!".

Later, I circled under Final Destination just for the heck of it and grabbed him from the other side while he was taunting, leading to more wtfs

and towards the end of the round, I was at 180% on my first stock while he was on his last stock, and I tried to take him to 190% for a U-throw kill, but he suicided at 170% lol.

,'/

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
I 4-stocked my ever-so arrogant tier-expletive friend as Captian Falcon while he was Meta-Knight. Him, being so irritatingly overconfident with the tier list, coupled with the fact that he completely sucks as Meta-Knight, led me to sweet victory. After an epic death with the Knee of Justice, he said he must have gotten the tier list mixed up. So we played another match, with me being Snake, and him being the Supreme Being of Manliness, Captian Falcon. I pwned him. He got one kill with the PAWNCH.

Just goes to show you, ya gotta respect Captian Faclon.

felix0-9

Smash Cadet
there was this n00b at a friendlies gathering. he must have been around seven. he had this prima game guide he was toting around with him like the bible. so he says that marth is the best character in the game cause the guide says so. but then the little jerk starts dumping on kirby!1! and he claims he's a master cause he's beaten every event match, which EVERYONE has done. worse, he only started playing marth cause the guide said so. before that he mained Toon Link, who i also hate. now, i'm a marth main. so i'm not saying marth is bad. but kirby is like, my favorite secondary. so i switch to kirby and pwn him repeatedly. the poor kid doesn't know what's going on as he also get pwned by two other guys who were there, a dedede main and a lucas main. he keeps saying, "but my characters better!" eventually i do get a chance to play as marth. long story short: my marth > his marth. i leave him with the friendly advice that he shouldn't let ratings control his game, and he should main anyone he wants ecxept Toon Link.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
When I was a senior at my HS there was always a gathering at my Calculus teacher's room and there were a lot of people playing Melee. I've heard about this club meeting so I went to check it out.

There were about 10 guys fighting 1 on 1s and there was this guy that picked Marth and just spam Fsmash all the time and would kill people pretty easily with him timing it and edge guarding people with ease just with that move. I didn't want to offend no one so I kept silenced and watched the noobness in them. I also witnessed lots of Foxes (who was my main at the time) getting ***** by Marth.

So the guys asked me if I wanted to fight him and I said "Of course" and the Marth guy laughed at me when I picked Fox because he assumed I was just going to turn my Fox into Sushi. I told him" your tactics are pretty simple you know that right? I would recommend you to change them unless you were holding back against them", and he just told me that's how the Pro's play just by edgeguarding people and spamming moves. and I just *sigh* and said "Ok, I'll guess I'll just do my douche kick then" so in 5 humliating minutes I practically Ftilt him all the time, I didn't bother running, I just walk towards him and when he Fsmash I would walk away then walk back in and kick him out of the ring and when he did his UpB I would time and kick him out of the ring.

People around me were amazed how easily I kicked around his Marth without breaking a sweat.

That's my Story.

Don't stick with the same moves all the time to kill people with ~.~

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I told him" your tactics are pretty simple you know that right? I would recommend you to change them unless you were holding back against them"
You actually said that? ...

My best noob pawn was playing with some friends at college. They brought up their gamecube and melee. They did absolutely NOTHING in the air, besides recover. I was using Marth and doing short hop nairs/dairs, and they thought that was the cheapest thing in the world. So Marth got "banned" with them. Then I switched to Samus, and after about 20 minutes, I was "banned" from using missles as well. Then I switched to G&W, and it only took one match for the parachute to get "banned." Well, it was only one sore loser who was "banning" everything, the rest of us were just laughing.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
One of my friends came over to play some Brawl, it was the first time the person had played Brawl, she knew the controls because she had played Melee before.

She picks Meta Knight, I pick Pokemon Trainer.

Stage: Halberd

First kill, F-throw off the stage, f-air do D-air with Charizard.

It was kinda funny, due to the fact it was 20 seconds into the fight.
That does sound funny.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Just like this friday, three friends who used to play meele. Previous experiences let them to ban my pika, so I said alright and let them decide who i should be. Before we played I showed one of them the tier list just cuz, and he said "OOHH, totally captain falcon, he's like the worst." I smiled and chose him, continued to 3 stock them all in a FFA in Corneria with them as MK, falco, and pika (The other pika just spammed so I didn't complain that my pika was banned.) BTW the only way I KO'd them was with, of course, falcon pawnch. :) I had like only around 100 percent at the end too.

Needless to say they were humiliated. Then, in another match, they decided for me to be link, tier loser runner up. I learnt one AT from the forums here, and i used it and they were three stocked with me losing one life, and they were like "WTH? He owns with everyone!" And honestly I'm not that good at all. LOL :)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i was playing som kid at my church who was younger then me, and he was snake,i was mk, he got me up to around 150 %, and kept on trying to nikita me. i got so bored i said "hey...u know you CAN utilt me right now you know..." and he was like "whats a tilt?" and that person mained snake >.<. i wouldve facepalmed right there except i didnt want to be mean so i just said nvm..and killed him lol

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
i just recently visited the local college to take part in a tourney. me and a group of my friends came, and of my friends one was extreamly confedent that he was going to beat me because i use Yoshi. i had never played the guy so i thought that he had some amount of skill to back up his confedence, i was wrong...

we head into the smash room and find an open projector and start a one-on-one imediately. he uses ness and tries repetitively to pkt himself into me, i dodge everyone of them and three stock him with a little bit of damage due to c-stick spamming. i felt sorry for him, he was one of my friends so i felt bad about beating him so badly infront of so many college students before the tourney had even began.

then today he told me he was picking up snake and to be ready for him at the next tourney.

Top Bottom