• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell the Truth: Do Smash Bros. fans enjoy, play or care about other Nintendo games?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes. I generally play and care about Nintendo games. I might not play all the franchises but I at least have an interest in most of them.

I do play lots of other non-Nintendo games and play on non-Nintendo consoles but Nintendo is the one I play the most. Especially Smash as it is my favourite video game series.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I care and play as many other Nintendo games as I can, though Smash Bros. is easily my favorite. I prefer Mega Man over any Nintendo series though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Honestly I don't respect Nintendo that much, they make mostly childish games and after what happen in Brawl it really dirtied my thoughts about them. ~shrugs~ Although I generally don't go around expressing that.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Honestly I don't respect Nintendo that much, they make mostly childish games and after what happen in Brawl it really dirtied my thoughts about them. ~shrugs~ Although I generally don't go around expressing that.
You mean epic colorful graphics backed up by superior art design, sorry to burst your bubble, buddy, but M-Rated games don't make you mature. Nintendo's always going to be Nintendo, and for that reason, they will always be good.

pelotaz0

Smash Cadet
I used to care. Now I don't own any of the new consoles but I can still enjoying some retro games.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm huge fan of Nintendo I still love playing all their big gun games. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, DKC, Pikmen, the list goes on. I love the games that come out for Nintendo. I'll usually cut through a Nintendo game far faster than any other games. Mainly because I can't put them down once I start playing them. I've been a Nintendo fan from the Nes on. I always think I will be. Nintendo's characters have a level of charm and uniqueness to them that keeps me coming back.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You mean epic colorful graphics backed up by superior art design, sorry to burst your bubble, buddy, but M-Rated games don't make you mature. Nintendo's always going to be Nintendo, and for that reason, they will always be good.
I don't just play M rated games. I currently adore league of legends and it has a somewhat cartoon like style. Here's a example I think you will understand. I really like the metroid prime series but I despise other M as do a lot of people for many reason but my main reason is how simple and shallow the game play was, it's childish in it's simplicity not for it's style.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that I do really like Brawl as I spent a lot of time enjoying it, I just find melee is better overall.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Over the past few years, I've noticed myself playing less Nintendo games. I've kind of gravitated more toward PC/Steam generally. It kind of makes me sad, because I feel like the Wii kinda got me out of Nintendo a lot. Sure, I love Brawl and Galaxy and several games for the system, but... Many of them aren't really what I'm looking for. I'd rather play a game without motion control tbh. The Wii U had great potential- the tablet was pretty sweet. Then you've got that half the games use the Wiimote and it's been enough to keep me away from a lot of purchases. That and Nintendo never lowers the prices of games, lol. I'm getting back to it though. As a kid I played all the Nintendo and if I look back at those console generations now I still would pick Nintendo. Not because of nostalgia but because of the games quality. Many recent Nintendo games are just missing that umph that made Nintendo games so good on the N64 and Gamecube.

(I'm talking mainly that there are so very few quality action-adventure-collectathon games. It's a glorious genre but sadly it feels like the heyday has passed for some reason since nobody freaking makes them anymore)

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Over the past few years, I've noticed myself playing less Nintendo games. I've kind of gravitated more toward PC/Steam generally. It kind of makes me sad, because I feel like the Wii kinda got me out of Nintendo a lot. Sure, I love Brawl and Galaxy and several games for the system, but... Many of them aren't really what I'm looking for. I'd rather play a game without motion control tbh. The Wii U had great potential- the tablet was pretty sweet. Then you've got that half the games use the Wiimote and it's been enough to keep me away from a lot of purchases. That and Nintendo never lowers the prices of games, lol. I'm getting back to it though. As a kid I played all the Nintendo and if I look back at those console generations now I still would pick Nintendo. Not because of nostalgia but because of the games quality. Many recent Nintendo games are just missing that umph that made Nintendo games so good on the N64 and Gamecube.

(I'm talking mainly that there are so very few quality action-adventure-collectathon games. It's a glorious genre but sadly it feels like the heyday has passed for some reason since nobody freaking makes them anymore)
Super Mario 3D World has the oomph, Tropical Freeze has the oomph, Mario Kart 8 has the oomph, Pikmin 3 has the oomph. And I'll never understand people's aversion to motion controls because they're motion controls, yes, the roll on DKCR was dumb, but let's say, Metroid Prime 3's an example of what motion controls can do for gaming, also, Pikmin 3 feels unplayable without the Wiichuck+Gamepad combo. And what's wrong with Wii U games using Wiimotes? Would you rather lose all of the peripherals you bought last-gen? >:I

Nintendo's still Nintendo, they make as good or even better games than before (I chuckle whenever I even see someone trying to suggest that MK64 has anything on the recent Mario Karts) and when presented with the choice between a Nintendo game and any other game, automatic no-brainer, pick the Nintendo game because of higher quality, more charm and more fun.

Seriously, if the Wiimote was what kept you out of something like Metroid Prime Trilogy or Pikmin 3, give those games a go with the Wiimote, you'll see the brilliance of what motion controls can really do without being 'gimmicky' or 'tacked-on'.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Super Mario 3D World has the oomph, Tropical Freeze has the oomph, Mario Kart 8 has the oomph, Pikmin 3 has the oomph. And I'll never understand people's aversion to motion controls because they're motion controls, yes, the roll on DKCR was dumb, but let's say, Metroid Prime 3's an example of what motion controls can do for gaming, also, Pikmin 3 feels unplayable without the Wiichuck+Gamepad combo. And what's wrong with Wii U games using Wiimotes? Would you rather lose all of the peripherals you bought last-gen? >:I

Nintendo's still Nintendo, they make as good or even better games than before (I chuckle whenever I even see someone trying to suggest that MK64 has anything on the recent Mario Karts) and when presented with the choice between a Nintendo game and any other game, automatic no-brainer, pick the Nintendo game because of higher quality, more charm and more fun.

Seriously, if the Wiimote was what kept you out of something like Metroid Prime Trilogy or Pikmin 3, give those games a go with the Wiimote, you'll see the brilliance of what motion controls can really do without being 'gimmicky' or 'tacked-on'.
You missed my point- Those games you listed are definitely great games by today's standards. And, nostalgia or no, they are missing that kind of charm that similar games of the N64-era had. Compare SM3DW to Super Mario 64. They are both fantastic games but honestly are a different genre from each other. Mario 64 was free roaming, with different quests on each stage, things to collect more than "every stage has 3 hidden green stars to find." It felt more like a real immersive experience, whereas SM3DW is more like a 3D version of the NES/SNES era games. Sidescrolling on a 3D plane (If that makes sense), which isn't a bad thing- but it isn't the same either. And not since Galaxy 2 have we had a game of the genre I'm speaking of. Back in the glory days of the N64 we had lots of these. Mario 64, DK64, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Conker... All of which fantastic games. But games like that just don't exist anymore. It's up to indie devs like the guys who funded Lobodestroyo on Kickstarter, trying to create a game to recapture the glory. As much as I enjoy the newer games they just aren't in the same league.. but they aren't trying to be, either. I honestly feel like the last high-caliber game of that genre that wasn't Galaxy-related (Which even then, Galaxy 2 kinda ruined with their linear stage select) was Psychonauts.

And I'm not super against motion controls, I just wish they weren't necessary. I preferred Metroid Prime when playing with a controller rather than the Wiimote. The Wiimote is far from precise, and the games that support WM+ are too far and few in between to be honest. All I'm asking for is an option to play (at least most games) with the controller. Luckily for me the Wii U seems to be going that route in a lot of ways.

Obviously this is all my opinion, with a few facts thrown in. I just miss my favorite genre, it feels like it's been abandoned. And I know that I'm not alone at all on that.

And to be honest I'm a little disappointed in Mario Kart 8. The game looks phenomenal and plays very well in single player but.. there's no excuse for the multiplayer mode's lower FPS rate. And the Koopalings/Pink Gold Peach aren't a good replacement for Dry Bones, Diddy Kong, Birdo and more deserving/recognizable/liked/distinguishable characters. It feels like they lost touch with most of the fanbse sometimes. MKWii was my favorite, though, it felt like the most full game in the series thus far.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Games I'm playing at the moment.

1. Team fortress 2
2. Mario Kart(played for 12 hours on Saturday online and offline)
3. Fire Emblem on 3DS
4. Duels of the planeswalkers 2014
5. Finishing star collecting in super mario 3D world
6. Smash brothers Melee. I had a random best of 5 Saturday.
7. Star Craft 2

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Smash introduced me to Metroid, which is currently my favorite game franchise. I also love Kirby too.

Even though now I have become somewhat bored of video games in general, I still continue to play these 3 franchises.

As for the community, I'm pretty sure that 90% of fans, whether casual or hardcore, play a wide array of Nintendo games.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I love just about everything Nintendo, old or new. Been playing all my life ever since my parents brought out the NES from the attic and stuck in SMB3.

It broke as soon as they beat the first level, but I was hooked. :laugh:

You missed my point- Those games you listed are definitely great games by today's standards. And, nostalgia or no, they are missing that kind of charm that similar games of the N64-era had. Compare SM3DW to Super Mario 64. They are both fantastic games but honestly are a different genre from each other. Mario 64 was free roaming, with different quests on each stage, things to collect more than "every stage has 3 hidden green stars to find." It felt more like a real immersive experience, whereas SM3DW is more like a 3D version of the NES/SNES era games. Sidescrolling on a 3D plane (If that makes sense), which isn't a bad thing- but it isn't the same either. And not since Galaxy 2 have we had a game of the genre I'm speaking of. Back in the glory days of the N64 we had lots of these. Mario 64, DK64, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Conker... All of which fantastic games. But games like that just don't exist anymore. It's up to indie devs like the guys who funded Lobodestroyo on Kickstarter, trying to create a game to recapture the glory. As much as I enjoy the newer games they just aren't in the same league.. but they aren't trying to be, either. I honestly feel like the last high-caliber game of that genre that wasn't Galaxy-related (Which even then, Galaxy 2 kinda ruined with their linear stage select) was Psychonauts.

And I'm not super against motion controls, I just wish they weren't necessary. I preferred Metroid Prime when playing with a controller rather than the Wiimote. The Wiimote is far from precise, and the games that support WM+ are too far and few in between to be honest. All I'm asking for is an option to play (at least most games) with the controller. Luckily for me the Wii U seems to be going that route in a lot of ways.

Obviously this is all my opinion, with a few facts thrown in. I just miss my favorite genre, it feels like it's been abandoned. And I know that I'm not alone at all on that.

And to be honest I'm a little disappointed in Mario Kart 8. The game looks phenomenal and plays very well in single player but.. there's no excuse for the multiplayer mode's lower FPS rate. And the Koopalings/Pink Gold Peach aren't a good replacement for Dry Bones, Diddy Kong, Birdo and more deserving/recognizable/liked/distinguishable characters. It feels like they lost touch with most of the fanbse sometimes. MKWii was my favorite, though, it felt like the most full game in the series thus far.
That bit about the N64 games... Doesn't make sense. SM64 threw out the 'charm' that the NES-SNES era had, and now they've brought it back. IDK, it sounds hypocritical to me.

And MKWii was a broken mess, to be blunt. Bikes >>>>>>>> Karts, (Not even joking.) and there was really only two bikes you could rely on: Flame Runner and Mach Bike. Accel was basically worthless online because of stand-still mini turbos. Character choice, thankfully, didn't really mean much outside of TTs though (which were further broken by a time rollover glitch). And the items made it very difficult to catch up once things got going.

Whereas MK7 (and most likely 8 too) doesn't have any really OP sets. Any set with a bit of thought can compete, stat scrubs have multiple choices for their sets in MK8 because almost everything has stat clones, and even stage-spam was fixed with MK8's course selection system. Yes, the roster is worse, but MK8 is better in almost every area. (Including the courses IMO.)

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
So I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I'm a database of obscure knowledge for the company and own almost every console they made. Even though I find Smash to be an amazing game, I love it mostly because of it's Nintendo content.

Can't say the same for some of my friends though. They aren't really Nintendo fans but love Smash to death. Because of this, they never look at any of the trophies or try to learn anything about these characters and games. They just don't care. Makes me kind of sad. Especially when I assume most people are like this too.

See, I had always hoped the trophies in Smash would help educate buyers on other Nintendo series. But that's not the case. The only people who look at trophies are fans like me who already know about these franchises. Sorry Wonderful 101, but having a trophy in Smash won't help towards getting people to buy your game.
I feel your pain!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I follow Mario, Pokemon, Sonic, Earthbound, Punchout, Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Donkey Kong. So I know some of Nintendo.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I love Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Punch-Out, Advance Wars, Metroid, F-Zero, 1080º, Wave Race, Pikmin, Pokémon, MOTHER, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, Golden Sun... The only series I don't like is Animal Crossing. Just because I think it could be awesome if they do some things they'll never do, so they preffer to offer a conversation-simulator with stupid neighbours... And, well, I also love Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man and Metal Gear too!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
OF COURSE I DO!!! :D

Other Nintendo franchises I play/have played:
- Mario (duh)
- Pokemon
- Legend Of Zelda
- Metroid
- Animal Crossing
- Wii Fit
- Mega Man (one game in the X series but I played it and it was fun)
- Miscellaneous Stuff With Miis
- The probable others I am forgetting

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
And MKWii was a broken mess, to be blunt. Bikes >>>>>>>> Karts, (Not even joking.) and there was really only two bikes you could rely on: Flame Runner and Mach Bike. Accel was basically worthless online because of stand-still mini turbos. Character choice, thankfully, didn't really mean much outside of TTs though (which were further broken by a time rollover glitch). And the items made it very difficult to catch up once things got going.
Oh god yes. Don't forget that you bounce SO much after getting hit in MK Wii. Online all you saw were Funky Kongs dominating 1st-3rd and no matter how well you did, you can never catch up to them.

Now, MK8, there's some things I can't stand right off the bat:

12 players returning. It was cool in MKWii, but I feel like MK7 did it right with sticking to 8 players because it kept balance in place in terms of items.

Rubber-banding AI returns from MKWii-style. Horrible. I literally saw Peach holding a green shell and her wheels catching on fire as if she used a mushroom from the far right hand side of me. There were no mushrooms lying around either.

Battle-mode seems tacked on. The game shows that yes, the team worked hard on tracks and designing the game. But everything else was strung together and slapped on most likely due to Wii U needing the software desperately. However, I am enjoying driving around Yoshi's Valley and hiding behind trucks in Toad's Turnpike for a sneak attack.

And the characters. I don't get it. As much as I do love the koopalings, where is Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, King Boo, Diddy Kong, Wiggler and Petey Pirahna? I'd hope later down the line, Nintendo introduces DLC that includes past tracks featured in MKDS, MKWii and MK7 with characters mentioned. I would love to race in Baby Park and Choco Mountain again.

Item balancing. Not as good as it should be. If you're in 5th place, good luck getting out. You'll either be stuck there or be dropped down to near last place unless your kart is good at maneuvering out of sticky situations. Plus side at least Blue Shells are infrequent and you can mostly recover from hits faster than in the past. But where are the Tanooki Tail and Mega Mushroom? Especially the former to swat away shells coming at you.

Other than that, MK8 is a great game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh god yes. Don't forget that you bounce SO much after getting hit in MK Wii. Online all you saw were Funky Kongs dominating 1st-3rd and no matter how well you did, you can never catch up to them.

Now, MK8, there's some things I can't stand right off the bat:

12 players returning. It was cool in MKWii, but I feel like MK7 did it right with sticking to 8 players because it kept balance in place in terms of items.

Rubber-banding AI returns from MKWii-style. Horrible. I literally saw Peach holding a green shell and her wheels catching on fire as if she used a mushroom from the far right hand side of me. There were no mushrooms lying around either.

Battle-mode seems tacked on. The game shows that yes, the team worked hard on tracks and designing the game. But everything else was strung together and slapped on most likely due to Wii U needing the software desperately. However, I am enjoying driving around Yoshi's Valley and hiding behind trucks in Toad's Turnpike for a sneak attack.

And the characters. I don't get it. As much as I do love the koopalings, where is Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, King Boo, Diddy Kong, Wiggler and Petey Pirahna? I'd hope later down the line, Nintendo introduces DLC that includes past tracks featured in MKDS, MKWii and MK7 with characters mentioned. I would love to race in Baby Park and Choco Mountain again.

Item balancing. Not as good as it should be. If you're in 5th place, good luck getting out. You'll either be stuck there or be dropped down to near last place unless your kart is good at maneuvering out of sticky situations. Plus side at least Blue Shells are infrequent and you can mostly recover from hits faster than in the past. But where are the Tanooki Tail and Mega Mushroom? Especially the former to swat away shells coming at you.

Other than that, MK8 is a great game.
Rubberbanding CPUs? I beat the whole thing with three stars in two days and frontrunned 90% of the time. Personally, I thought the CPUs didn't rubberband at all. I used Shy Guy on Sports Bike with Rollers and a + accel Glider, which achieves the highest accel tier possible. Go ahead and switch out the character/parts for equivalents if you want, just remember characters in the same weight class don't have the exact same stats. (Might have trouble with 150/mirror Lightning cup though.)

Oh, and don't use it on Wi-Fi if you're interested in winning. :laugh:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Mario Kart 8's the best MK so far because of one simple fact: It focuses more on the racing. If you're better than your opponent, you will most likely win, that's something no Mario Kart could claim, but the game feels very skill-driven, which everyone should love...and complaining about the battle mode's like complaining about the Home-Run Contest not having a bigger participation. I'm actually shocked at people complaining about the battle mode, did someone really play that boring crap when they could be racing? I also love that you can use characters not named Funky Kong or Metal Mario and still win because the balance is great.

The world should love all Nintendo franchises! Except Zelda...

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Mario Kart 8's the best MK so far because of one simple fact: It focuses more on the racing. If you're better than your opponent, you will most likely win, that's something no Mario Kart could claim, but the game feels very skill-driven, which everyone should love...and complaining about the battle mode's like complaining about the Home-Run Contest not having a bigger participation. I'm actually shocked at people complaining about the battle mode, did someone really play that boring crap when they could be racing? I also love that you can use characters not named Funky Kong or Metal Mario and still win because the balance is great.

The world should love all Nintendo franchises! Except Zelda...
I disagree there. Yes, Blue Shells are much more manageable, but now reds aren't because of the coin item and the change to dragging, so now there's basically no way to not get hit when a triple red comes around.

And you don't like Zelda? I'm surprised, knowing you. When's the last time you played a Zelda?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I disagree there. Yes, Blue Shells are much more manageable, but now reds aren't because of the coin item and the change to dragging, so now there's basically no way to not get hit when a triple red comes around.

And you don't like Zelda? I'm surprised, knowing you. When's the last time you played a Zelda?
Phantom Hourglass on the DS. The fact that you can kinda 'tech' when you get hit makes up for Red Shells being stronger.

Ascended

Smash Ace
When the first game came out, I wanted to play it because I was a big fan of Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom. I knew all the Mario characters, Link, Fox, and the Pokemon (Hadn't played it yet, but it was everywhere in the late 90s). The idea of a fighting game with Nintendo characters was awesome, and I was a huge fan of the Mario and Zelda series, as well as Star Fox 64.

Today, I'm a major Nintendo fan, and these are their franchises that I care about:
* Super Mario (Loved 3D Land, just got Superstar Saga on the Wii U VC, just picked up Bowser's Inside Story, and plan to playthrough 3D World when my college semester ends.)
* The Legend of Zelda (I own Zelda NES, LTTP, LA, OOT3D, MM, OOS, OOA, TWW, TP, SS, and ALBW. One of my all time favorite video game franchises, and I plan to pick up Hyrule Warriors and Zelda Wii U, and whatever other games are released in the series.)
*Metroid (Beat Zero Mission, Fusion, Prime, Super, and Other M. I own Return of Samus, the Prime trilogy, Super, and Other M. Planning to get Fusion on Wii U VC and beat Prime 3.)
*Kirby (Picked up Return to Dreamland earlier in the year and got Triple Deluxe a few weeks ago. Also own the Dream Collection and Epic Yarn.)
* Star Fox (One of my all time favorite video game franchises, I've owned and beat every game in the series except the SNES one. Will pick up a new release day 1)
* Pokemon (Fell out of the series with Gen 3, but got back into the series with Gen 5. Thought Gens 5 & 6 were awesome and will get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.)
* F-Zero (I like the SNES version and X. I owned GX and liked it. Plan to get a new release if it ever comes out.)
* Fire Emblem (Awakening and Path of Radiance were awesome. Plan to get any VC releases and new releases in the future.)
* Kid Icarus (Loved the original and Uprising. Plan to get new releases in the future.)
* Punch-Out (Own all three console games.)
* Super Smash Bros. (Obviously.)

There's also a few one-off or lesser franchises that I like such as Rolling Western, Wonderful 101, and Xenoblade.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Rubberbanding CPUs? I beat the whole thing with three stars in two days and frontrunned 90% of the time. Personally, I thought the CPUs didn't rubberband at all. I used Shy Guy on Sports Bike with Rollers and a + accel Glider, which achieves the highest accel tier possible. Go ahead and switch out the character/parts for equivalents if you want, just remember characters in the same weight class don't have the exact same stats. (Might have trouble with 150/mirror Lightning cup though.)

Oh, and don't use it on Wi-Fi if you're interested in winning. :laugh:
I also three starred the 150cc last night. I used the PipeFrame/Bowser Cruise Ship with azure rollers and used my Mii character. There is rubberbaanding. 100% it is there.

...and complaining about the battle mode's like complaining about the Home-Run Contest not having a bigger participation. I'm actually shocked at people complaining about the battle mode, did someone really play that boring crap when they could be racing?.
I prefer racing but I also enjoy the whole package the games I purchase have to offer :)

Battle mode is enjoyed by lots of people, believe it or not. Smash Bros' Home Run Contest isn't fleshed out the same way Battle mode is, so there is really no comparison there.

Last edited:

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I care about other Nintendo series a lot. Smash also introduced me to several franchises that would go on to become some of my favorites.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Without Nintendo, gaming would be dead to me.

Heart, attention to detail, charm, gameplay, art style. Best in the industry. I played more 360 last-gen, but I still played a lot of Wii and it had some of the best games. Towards the end of last-gen, probably 2 years, it's gotten pretty stale. I enjoy the occasional awesome game on other consoles, but guess what.... they're mostly dudebro and shooters. Been with Nintendo since I was 3 years old and I'm not going anywhere.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I play Smash cause I love Nintendo. They are the only consistent video game company.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Phantom Hourglass on the DS. The fact that you can kinda 'tech' when you get hit makes up for Red Shells being stronger.
PH? It's been awhile then. Dunno if it left a bad taste in your mouth or something, but it's far from the best Zelda. You should try aLBW when you get the chance and see if it gets you back into the series.

Teching after getting hit by Reds? Huh?

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Care about: Fire Emblem (All), Mario (3D, old 2D, Paper, RPG, Tennis), Kirby, DK (Country), Wario (Land and Ware)
Like: F-Zero (64 & GX), Star Fox (64), Metroid (Super & Prime), Legend of Zelda (before TP), Punch-Out.
Don't care: Pokémon, Metal Gear, Mother, Sonic, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Kid Icarus.
Interested: Mega Man

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
PH? It's been awhile then. Dunno if it left a bad taste in your mouth or something, but it's far from the best Zelda. You should try aLBW when you get the chance and see if it gets you back into the series.

Teching after getting hit by Reds? Huh?
Quite the opposite, I really liked PH, but I don't usually like those kinds of games. And yes, when you press the drift button just as you get hit, your character spins horizontally on the air instead of vertically and you recover much faster, although I miss the standstill turbo.

I think we should stop derailing, though.

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Mario: Who doesn't love Mario games? I haven't played any of the 2D style Mario games since like.. Super Mario Bros 3 in like 1997 or something, but I'm a huge suck for the 3D roaming games (Galaxy 3/Sunshine 2 let's a go). Also, I live for Mario Kart.
Zelda: Same thing as Mario really, I like the 3D roamers better than the top-down perspective games. Ocarina, Majora, Windwaker all I've played countless times. Still haven't actually played past the Forest Temple in TP...
Pokemon: ....ok I've been hardcore into this since I got my teal game boy colour in 1997/8 whenever that was, along with Pokemon Blue (I still have it and it actually works... somehow). One game from each paired version/remake ever since.
Metroid: Never played a game, however I'll see what the next game coming out is and if it looks decent maybe I'll give er a go
Donkey Kong: Loved Country/2/3 as a kid. Donkey Kong 64 was one of my favourite games of all time as well. Haven't played the two newer games yet though I wanna get on the TF bandwagon.
Kirby: Played Kirby 64 and liked it, but other than that Kirby just never appealed to me.
Yoshi: Same as Kirby, Yoshi's Story was great (i think, it's been like 15 years) but the newer games look like they're designed for 5 year olds
Star Fox: Played the Gamecube game like twice..... s'bout it
Fire Emblem: I'm just not into the whole multiple character turn-based RPGs... but maybe if I picked up a game I'd give er a shot
Animal Crossing: Played the hell out of the Gamecube one, haven't really played since
Kid Icarus: Never even heard of it til Brawl was announced, but if they release I a Wii U game for Pit I kinda wanna try it.
Earthbound: Don't really care
F-Zero: Played the gamecube game a lot (this is a recurring theme eh..), haven't touched it since.... well for obvious reasons
Mr. Game and Watch: Never even touched the console
Pikmin: Never played any games myself, but Pikmin 3 looks incredible and I wanna try er out
Sonic: I played Sonic games back in the 90s... haven't cared for it ever since
Wii Fit: Yeah... I go to a real gym, I don't need a balance board
Punch Out: Never played
Mega Man: I don't think I've ever ACTUALLY played a Mega Man game... I watch the cartoon as a kid, but that's about it
Ice Climbers (whoops forgot about them): Never played it, but if they make a decent series reboot I'd definitely give it a shot

Soo yeah. Mario/Zelda/Pokemon 4 lyfe apparently

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
... Time for me to get wreckt.

I don't follow anything Nintendo outside of smash. I've gotten every Nintendo console (minus the N64 in which I only bought the one Nintendo game, Smash 64) just for Smash. I have played Pokemon in the past, I really don't do so now, at least not on the consoles (Smogon Little Cup).

Now, I have actually tried other Nintendo games since I did want to see what the source material was for some of the Characters. Sadly I really didn't care for most of them, and honestly just went on wiki pages, read the storylines to the games like books, and am now well versed without the effort to go through the games and not having to buy them (more cost effective.) Yes this makes we seriously weird, but also very honest. So I'm not ignorant entirely about Nintendo games, but I really don't play them myself.

So when I heard Smash was coming out, I got plans to get a capture card 3DS and it'll be for, you guess it, Smash. MAYBE I'll try some other games, but the ones I seem to be interested in aren't even from Nintendo.

So maybe I don't fit the only plays Smash and does nothing else ever person, but I came tto represent the fans of Smash since it's the most unique interesting fighting game ever. That's why I play it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I care deeply about the franchises of Smash. Some, like Mario, Kirby, and Star Fox I already knew about, but it's introduced me to some of my favorites, like Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Mother.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Why yes. Yes, I do.
  • Sonic: The very first game series that I remember being into. Should be obvious.
  • Pokémon: nuzlocke aw yee
  • Mario: Beat NSMBWii and NSMB2, both legit. I guess that counts for something?
  • Kid Icarus: I play and wub Uprising.
  • Donkey Kong: I have played Jungle Beat and DKC Returns at least once each.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Absolutely yes.
There are very few franchises represented in Sm4sh that I didn't play much, and I think I at least tried them all out.

Hong

The Strongest
Only series I don't care about is Pokemon, Pikmin, and Super Mario. I say Super Mario, but I still LOVE the spin-off games like Mario Paint or Mario Kart.

I would say I have some accolades to express my merit as a Nintendo fan:
  • Has played two of the original Game & Watch crystal games while I was too young to understand what was going on, and still own my original cartridge of Game & Watch Gallery for GB
  • Kirby's Adventure got me officially into gaming. It was the most magnificent and captivating thing I had ever seen or experienced. That said, the first time I deliberately played games was when I purchased Tetris for Game Boy, which is the first game I have owned.
  • EarthBound was the most influential game of my life, and I had played it way back on its year of release. My first playthrough, everything from the guide that came with the game, to staying up way into the darkest hours past midnight to defeat Giygas and being unable to sleep, will be immortalized in my mind.
  • Where as most people heard of Fire Emblem after Melee, I got into the series into the late 90s with third entry, now known as Mystery of the Emblem. It helped me learn Japanese more than my teacher at the time. Regrettably, I got into the series late so I never got to play Thracia 776 until I was older.
  • All of my Animal Crossing files have gone on for a year, minimum.
  • I try to play Panel de Pon at least once a day to maintain my mental agility.

And just about everything aside from the three series I have mentioned. I won't give my whole life story, but PC games aside I would say Nintendo games have been with me my entire life. I am getting old, getting busier and have more on my mind, but I have no intention of not playing them any time in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
I've been familiar with a lot of characters like with Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Sonic (not really Nintendo but whatever), Kirby, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Starfox, even the Game & Watch series.
These are games I have been played to some extent and have followed well.
Though their are some I don't play as much like Metroid, I am well acquainted with all the characters (though I have to admit, there is probably more to Metroid I still need to find out in terms of lore).
Smash Brothers has introduced me to new franchises like Earthbound which I'm still looking to get, Fire Emblem, and F-Zero. Those I look to play sometime and I have, starting with Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom