• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Chasing 2017

So what's Ness' tech chasing situation like? I'm deciding to dedicate some time to Ness coming from focusing on a reaction Captain Falcon and I'm having a hard time getting as much as I'd like off of a knock down. I've seen Nihlus go for some dash grabs on roll but he misses damn near every one of them. Is that a thing? I wouldn't think so with Ness' grab range and extra frame of lag.

Christian S

Smash Rookie
Ness' tech chasing situation is pretty bad but he does have some options.

For starters, the dash grabs can work if you predict that your opponent is going to roll but is pretty risky as misjudging what your opponent will do and using your grab will give you lots of end lag.

One thing that I like doing is using f-tilt as it's very quick and covers a decent amount of ground but doesn't really open up for any follow-ups on low percent. You could use f-smash if you're absolutely sure it will hit but it's very risky and if you're in a situation where you could f-smash then you should just f-tilt in case you miss.

Dash attack is okay, no pun intended...but for real if you're opponent is close to the ledge/is ledge rolling then dash attack is pretty safe. Although make sure to go for the third hit as it is the strongest and sends your opponents upward giving some possible follow-ups like fair or uair.

Lastly, some people try to go for the yo-yo glitch (which in my opinion is probably the best way to get the yo-yo glitch) but keep in mind that it's very easy to mess up and if your opponent knows what you're trying to do then they can easily work around it/get rid of the hitbox.

Top Bottom