• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Yardley SSBM

TY SoapBoxFan

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I am TY Soapboxfan. I come from the MK and Injustice competitive communities, along with my teamates (I believe @ TY Ermacio TY Ermacio is also on here by now), and we are moving over to Melee as our main game. As our name suggests, we come from Yardley, Pa. As a bunch of high school students, our travel options can become quite limited, but as we get more and more into the game, you can expect us to show up at events in Philly, New Jersey, maybe even New York, etc. If this is alright, I would like to use this thread to post and discuss videos and results from our events that we hold here at Team Yardley, as well as just a discussion area for any members of Team Yardley or really anyone who would like to talk to us or about us.

Some more info about us, a main group of four of us ( myself, Ermacio, OZZYGUITAR, and DrFlash44) got into competitive MK9 when it was released. Although we knew nothing and started from scratch, in the past 3 years we have grown to become a fairly respected team, each of us having a fair amount of success in tournament against players like Chris G, Reo, members of GGA, etc. (Not trying to drop names or anything, just trying to show that we arent a complete set of scrubs here haha). However, when Injustice came out, we all picked up the game, but quite frankly it did not spark our interest. I was the only one of us to really like it, and even I was on the fence about it at times (not to say it is a bad game or anything, just not what we wanted to play). So this past week we decided as a team to try out SSBM. Although some of us have been hesitant, I think we are starting to really love the game, and there is still so much depth to go into. We are also expanding, with a few possible members joining, and we hope to be a team of 10 to 20 by 2015.

Overall, so far we are truly grateful for the warm welcome we have gotten so far, and we hope to become contributing members of this fine community very soon.

EDIT: Also, if you are interested in watching our videos from injustice and mk, check out my youtube channel which will soon be filled with tons of stuff for SSBM

https://www.youtube.com/user/Soapboxfanmk9

TY Ermacio

Smash Rookie
And just to clarify, we are just now starting to learn the more in depth mechanics of this game. As of right now, we are still having trouble incorporating any of this kind of stuff into our games. I think that we will begin to post videos very soon and with that, we would love if anyone would be willing to give criticism as to what to practice, how to practice, and so on.

TY SoapBoxFan

Smash Rookie
First Team Yardley tournament was held on Friday night. We just did a simple bracket, but usually when we have 4 people we do two rounds of a Round Robin for seeding.

The first match was Ermacio and Ozzyguitar. Ermacio played his new main Pikachu, while Ozzy played his main of choice, Shiek. Ozzy ended up taking the set 3 to 1 (correct me if I am wrong) and advancing to play the winner of the other match.

Soapboxfan and DrFlash44 faced off in the Marth Jigglypuff matchup, with Soapbox taking it 3 to 1, fairly convincingly.

Ermacio and DrFlash44 fought with their respective mains and Ermacio took a decisive 3-0 victory, eliminating DrFlash44 from the tournament.

Next Ozzyguitar and Soapboxfan squared off, once again sticking to their guns with character choices. Soapboxfan stole a hard fought win from Ozzy, taking the set 3-2, and being called a "shieky" **** in the process. This put Soapboxfan in grandfinals as winner of winners, and left Ozzy and Ermacio to face off once more.

Ermacio, now with some experience under his belt with Pikachu, was able to take the set fairly easily and take the losers spot of grand finals.

The grand finals set was close between Ermacio and Soapboxfan, but Ermacio was able to use a solid recovery game and good edge guarding to tak ethe first set 3-2 and then reset the bracket and win 3-0 to become the winner of the first Team Yardley tournament.

The placings once again were:
1. TY Ermacio
2. TY Soapboxfan
3. TY Ozzyguitar
4. TY DrFlash44

The overall rankings after one tournament are now

1. Ermacio- 4 points
2. Soapboxfan- 3 points
3. Ozzyguitar - 2 points
4. DrFlash44 - 1 point

Expect a lot more coverage and info from futeure Tema Yardley tournaments, but this was a fun start for us as a Smash team.

Top Bottom