• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Tourney Mode?

TheHardstyleFox

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a team tournament mode in Project M. I think that it would be a cool idea. What do you guys think?

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Eh, couldn't hurt, don't know how possible it actually is tho. The normal tourney mode doesn't work in 2.5b atm anyway. Every time I have tried it the game just froze.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah you will have to clarify. No one actually uses the tourny mode that smash bros provides. Downloadable programs for the computer allow for the best tournament organization; likewise, crew battle mode allows for the other type of team matches whereby only one team member plays at a time but the team as a whole as a finite amount of lives.

TheHardstyleFox

Smash Rookie
I actually like playing tournament mode in smash. I'm probably the only one that does though. I play it all the time, except for on project m because it won't work. I just though that it would be cool if I could play a team tournament at home with friends and team up against other friends and their teams for fun.

Kati

Smash Lord
But the computer programs can do everything brawl's tourny mode can but more. For instance Brawl randomly pits the entrants against each other, but T.O. programs can match people based on their skill, hometown, and other categories. Likewise, if you play multiple characters, you would have to enter yourself multiple times in brawl's tourny mode, which gets very messy.

OptimusRhymez

Smash Rookie
But when playing with friends who aren't as into it as I am, sometimes we like to have little small scale tourneys when we hangout. The in-game system is good for that because those kind of people don't want to look at a computer to see who they're facing. They'd rather pick up the controller and play start. It would be a nice quality of life change for them to fix the tourney system in one of the next patches. Especially because you still can't pick individual Pokemon.

Top Bottom