• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I said "in an ideal world" for a reason. :drshrug: I don't expect it, I'd just love the thought of seeing how different the original was. All that's really known of it is from early demo footage.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
In the ideal world, I would hope their inclusion gets their games on Switch. Having Rare Replay with additional Nintendo exclusives (DKC trilogy/64, Diddy Kong Racing, SFA, and maybe even the unreleased Dinosaur Planet ala SF 2 on SHE'S Classic) would be all I ever wanted.
All those games and no mention of Conker. Either way I'm very happy for Banjo. Hopefully this means Microsoft will be more willing to release more of Rares legacy from their iron grip.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well guys, I'm going to be leaving Smashboards for a few weeks so peace.
Well good luck with what you're doing.

I've been thinking, if there's a second Fighter pass, would Assisst trophies be considered for it?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hey, thought I'd hang out here for a while. I've been a Krystal supporter since Brawl's pre-release, and now that Krystal has been promoted to assist trophy and we got two -- count 'em -- two new Rare characters in Ultimate, I think the odds of her joining the series in the near future are better than ever.

Here's a quick question to stimulate conversation: would you guys prefer her Adventures, Assault, or Command design? Theoretically they could all get in as alts, but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick Assault. Looks very classy.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Assault design is easily my favorite out of the three.

However I have a question for you. Assuming she gets her assault outfit, would you prefer she gets her adventures design, or a new design to how she would look in SF:Zero ala roy?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'd prefer something true to the games, so maybe not Zero. I kinda like that the Zelda characters all represent different games now (except for Young Link and Ganondorf both representing OoT), and I think it'd be cool if Star Fox did that too.

Incidentally, even though I prefer the Assault design, I think she should definitely have the staff. It's her signature weapon and very easy to translate to Smash.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
They also could go with a mix of all her designs. Her original design is iconic and shows her roots even though I prefer her spacesuit assault design.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would prefer her Assault design over her Adventures and Commend designs as well. But for me, as long as she got in I wouldn't care that much which design they would go with for Smash.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Discovered there's a couple of Easter eggs when watched with Subtitles on

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey, thought I'd hang out here for a while. I've been a Krystal supporter since Brawl's pre-release, and now that Krystal has been promoted to assist trophy and we got two -- count 'em -- two new Rare characters in Ultimate, I think the odds of her joining the series in the near future are better than ever.

Here's a quick question to stimulate conversation: would you guys prefer her Adventures, Assault, or Command design? Theoretically they could all get in as alts, but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick Assault. Looks very classy.
Oh, hey, we're in the same boat! I've supported Krystal since Melee.

Anyways, I like the Assault design, but having Krystal as a fighter without her staff would just be wrong.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Wouldn't mind Adventures, but Assault is the best.

In the meantime, I do hope that SF2 mattered in some way enough to give the series another chance. It did motivate some people to get the SNES Classic. If not, then fans should at least not falter in supporting Krystal for Smash. After all, somebodies still got in without needing any new games. :ultbanjokazooie:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's important to realise that fan support has already gotten Krystal into Smash as an Assist Trophy in a time where Nintendo is in full "appease the fans of only the original game" mode.

If we could do that then it's not impossible to think that Krystal could make it into Smash as a playable character one day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah. The main key point now is to convince fans that inactive first parties can get new characters, given that I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the latest fan rule boundary is "inactive series can only get a new character if it's from a third party series".

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah. The main key point now is to convince fans that inactive first parties can get new characters, given that I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the latest fan rule boundary is "inactive series can only get a new character if it's from a third party series".
Which unless it comes from Sakurai's mouth, holds little if any weight

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
King K. Rool and Ridley certainly go in the face of that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
King K. Rool and Ridley certainly go in the face of that.
Yup, although I'm talking more of series that haven't been saved by the Switch or 3DS. Especially Wario Land, which has been super-dead since the Wii era, to say nothing of Advance Wars and Golden Sun.

As it stands, the only presence Star Fox has had on the Switch so far is in a Ubisoft game, of all things.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Honestly, Agumon's status as a game character is questionable but he comes from a virtual pet, essentially a fighting Tamagotchi. If V-pets don't count as games, where do you draw the line? And why does Mr Game&Watch get a pass when he didn't originate as a character? Or ROB, who was a peripheral?

Agumon is at least as much of a game character as some of the Nintendo characters already in Smash and Sakurai is known to be a V-pet fan. A genre, I might add, that isn't really represented in Smash, despite its historical significance.

I will not vote for either side in this match, as I want both. At this point, though, I do feel like Agumon has more of a chance.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Our girl is going up against Agumon in Slacker's tournament. Go and support our girl.
Thanks for informing me.
I'll go rally the troops.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_to_create_better_products_for_family_market

Well, I can't say this is a good sign. Though I'm not surprised either, it wasn't exactly clear what the audience for this game was; it's too complex for kids, and too gimmicky for adults.
Like can **** get any worse for the Star Fox franchise? I literally think Nintendo should just let Retro Studios make the Star Fox games so the franchise can maybe be successful and thriving again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like can **** get any worse for the Star Fox franchise? I literally think Nintendo should just let Retro Studios make the Star Fox games so the franchise can maybe be successful and thriving again.
On the bright side, they'll eventually run out of companies to call on that haven't made a Star Fox game yet. So far we've had Rare, Namco, Q Games, Platinum, and now UbiSoft.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd suggest giving Star Fox to an indie developer. They don't get bogged down with focus testing and hardware gimmicks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only problem is, from the ones I heard of that want to do Ninty properties so far, they're just interested with Zelda. :glare:
I've heard a few saying they'd give F-Zero a crack but Nintendo doesn't seem to want them to do it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
OUR GIRL IS BACK IN THE RACE BABY!!!
Everyone's back in the race. Except Papyrus.
(Distant scream of SAAAAAAAAANNNNNNSSSS)

Still this is great news. This first wave was planned along side the game to an extent so now they can reverse and change decisions with upcoming DLC, maybe even assist trophies.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Everyone's back in the race. Except Papyrus.
(Distant scream of SAAAAAAAAANNNNNNSSSS)

Still this is great news. This first wave was planned along side the game to an extent so now they can reverse and change decisions with upcoming DLC, maybe even assist trophies.
Yep, especially if she's in the next SF game

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone. I've been reading the Smashboards for a while, but I finally decided to join after Sakurai announced future DLC reps. I wanted to help boost Krystal's visibility in the hopes of making enough noise that she'll get noticed by Sakurai akin to how K Rool got in due to fans.

Sakurai hasn't said specifically if the new DLC will feature only third party reps, but even so, it's also possible he may consider DLC past this. He tends to settle on a roster fairly quickly after the prior one is done, so hopefully he'll consider Krystal as a long-time fan request.

Top Bottom