• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 3! RESULTS

goateeguy

Smash Ace
It was near the end of the day... I used Daisy, and I think Kira used black falco (don't remember which color Kira used). I also have another set right after, vs a Fox/Falco player. Plus, I have some friendlies vs Rickety which I think were the final sets that were recorded.

Edit: Oops, forgot to tell you: First day, R1 pools.
Found it, it'll be in the next batch of uploads to my channel. If I end up passing stuff on to GimR or SilentWolf it'll be in there too.

@shadrach Jackie Tran is AZ. Goes by Jetfour sometimes. M3DZ is also AZ. The more ya know.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Great tournament. Pools and Brackets were hype as hell.

Shoutouts to: Arian aka The Crimson Blur, Sung, J666, Combofest, Leeland, Studmuffin, Stab, Rickety, Zeo, Jake aka Southballz, Oksas, The Phenom, A Rookie, Jackpot, Jason aka Little England, Caleb aka Hey Zeus, Jake aka Venom, Justin aka JC, Alan aka Pikazoo, Okami, Russel aka DJ DP, and everyone else I played or hung out with. Socal is amazing.

MacD

Banned via Administration
macd with the easiest pool 1 by far, are u kidding me

good **** r2 of pools mccain. who in the world is medz and y u losing to him.
i was half drunk and went all falco/sheik in R1 except against juggleguy LOLOL

r2 isn't impressive in my eyes, quite the opposite. idk if i've ever lost to larry, but i know my record is pretty positive vs him. medz was a campy fox from Mexico. when i played him i didn't care and was ready to just lose to everyone and get drunk, then i ended up beating everyone else..... so yea

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yo, this was very fun to watch.

Toph and Lovage are my favorite people for commentary right now. I wished Scar was there.

rofl and Lovage's fox is too cool.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Team OXY: Much love to you guys. Thanks for all the help. Crimson for bein the only person who could make this happen. Dendy for bein a nice person and secretly bein amazing with Jiggs. 2Jar for bein the best helper and always doin whatever he can, truly appreciate your sacrifice. Wieners for bein the homie (we didn't intentionally leave you outta the group hug I swear LOL). Jeez for comin one day (even though he said he analyzed everything and concluded that he could come) ;]. Westballz for bein an amazing player with godlike reaction/spacing/pressure reppin OXY/socal and doin a sacred combo on stream. J666 for skippin Sunday and gettin that gold. White gold. Combofest for comin to more tournies and lovin the heck outta this game. Stab for enterin as KBJ and almost screwin Combo over LOL. (OXY) SFS_Dayman thanks for always helpin out when ya can you're awesome and it makes me feel awesome that you're a fan :D and Aceflight for hypin everythin up! Oops for breakin his arm and not bein able to play at KoC3 :-[

VGBC: Thanks for all of your hard work. GimR, Sola Gratia, aisight for recordin and makin the best outcome after every difficulty. Seriously though thanks for comin out and havin to haul in all of your gear and dealin with all the frustration of bein streamers thanks thanks!

Commentators: Lovage still my fav commentator, I know you can win whenever you want, still my fav fox. HMW always always good timeless classic, and you beat Lucky in losers that's way too good. Toph always nice to have in the collection with sarcastic goodness. Hyuga for doing teams which seems impossible for me. Too many commentators (never enough) but thank you all.

Midwest: Thanks for comin all the way out here yall.

Vegas: Trahh aww ya didn't make it into rd 2 I was sure you woulda. But rd 2 is hecka hard Bacon 9th XD Saiko never heard of ya but good stuff makin it to rd 2. Anyway thanks for comin out hope yall had fun!

Mexico: Good job makin it to RD 2 TKD (ya almost made it to bracket!), Bimbo/Eddy/Fist yall are awesome. Krad too most likely haha.

AZ: Yo thanks for comin out! Thanks for the compliments Corigames! Great movement Tai.

SD: Always comin out to locals thanks so much! Troopers.

Norcal: So many norcal! Zoap that dash away slow animation turn around grab tricked the heck outta me like 3 times LOL. L ya got mad skillz. All o yall are way cool.

Washington: Good showin yall.

Duck/HugS/Darrell: Love your play. All mad cool.

Duck: Safe and systematic. I'll remember that forever. I'm gunna up my samus game1 until you say it's cool.

Violence: Thx for the kind words man it seems you're always positive and never in a bad mood :thumbsup:

Fly Amanita: Good work! Seriously too good, chalk up another amazing sopo come back (koc2 v wobbles is my personal fav still) And the double wd in place to d smash on m2k's shield was awesome.

Axe: So good. Never give up! :]

Okami: You were doin mad work in teams with Axe. Your movement and shield droppin were delicious if you want it enough you'll definitely get better and more consistent, you already have the skill imo just need the right mindset.

PewPewU: Ya got me. Wasn't even close good stuff. You're onto the next level.

Juggleguy: Thanks for comin out! And for hostin all the time and keepin your scene alive! Keep it up dude.

Eddy Mexico: Awesome reactions you're freakin good.

Alex19: Close set you went HAM in bracket!!! People say they injected Lucky into you and made you play godlike.

DEHF: Too smart. You're like the only guy who actually tries to go for real edgeguards against spacies. Love seein ya at tournies hope you'll keep with it!

Fiction: Skyrocketin up. Doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon. You got this.

Kira: Looks like you're gettin back into it for real. Ya got my support! Solid solid player.

Rickety: You're much too kind. And still mad good. Definitely mindgamin me on yoshis.

Tafokints: Fun dude always nice seein ya around!

Zeo: Ya kno ;} But last in 2nd rd pools? :[ hehehhe

Commonyoshi: Man of the hour. I didn't realize it was your first win ever on me in tourney...if I'da known I woulda tried harder LOOOOL nah ya def deserved it. Lookin like a real fox main.

Khepri/Venom/TORO: Sorry yall but RD2 was hecka hard :/ GGs!! I was pretty scared of ya Khepri tbh when you were 3 stockin me earlier in friendlies haha.

My pool: Leeland you're pretty freakin good, good game sense and your edgeguarding was pretty good too and everyone usually sucks at edgeguarding (I have no idea how to get outta that cg I just tried to mash SDI lol). StudMuffin you're def improving just get those tech chases and edgeguards ON LOCK. x melee haha you're really good for not knowing too much. Dopple/T1S/Pareh ggs, go on smashboards learn everything about every character KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

A Rookie: You're mad mad good. I'm gunna train my reactions and be like A Rookie.

TheRogueTwinkie: Glad ya had fun n hope ya remember whatever I said (if I really even said anything haha)

Ken+Manacloud: Thanks for showin up! Ya made some good wins Ken, and I heard you beat Combofest with your kirby Mana LOOOL ty for the usb

Thanks for comin out everyone. GGs you're all awesome didn't meet anyone I didn't like. Melee is the best game ever. Glad I play it and everyone in this community is incredible. Seeyall next time!

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
^^ my professor changed the date of my final after my analysis so I had to adapt :( and just to clarify I decided to only go for one day on like Thursday (I told crimson on that day) or something so I thought everything was well informed.

anyways, GREAT TOURNAMENT, glad to be part of it. I'll do shout outs later :D

SUNG475

Smash Ace
He defintely thought you were two days.

//edit// maybe he told me you were comin for one day on thurs but I dont remember anymore but whatever as long as you thought it was sick...

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Glad you guys could stream as late as you did. I was pretty hype watching matchesunder my blanket at midnight.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Typing shout-outs while I upload videos cuz efficiency.

· - First and foremost, shout-outs to Crimson for running things well, especially given that turnout exceeded expectations
· - Shout-outs to Darrell and Violence for being our friendly, entertaining, informative, and eccentric roommates
· - to Tai for actually being willing to go buy pants for Darrell…#AZFriendship
· - to the #AZHypeTrain particularly ForteFreak and Peachfuzz for once again bringing the noise and scaring the crap out of Cali (despite the milder form of the STD chant…wow, now that’s an acronym)
· - to Axe not just for being awesome or placing high, but for having fun in his matches. Pikachu has never looked cuter than when he’s doing his slow walk or taunt-cancelling with shield drops. Or ambushing an unsuspecting M2K with the craziest up-b ledge-cancel approach I’ve ever seen ZOMGWTFTOPHBBQ.
· - To Toph for actually having that license plate
· - To the Washington Smash group at our hotel for being da homies
· - To Silent Wolf for his incredible run through losers that I’m so glad I recorded. It was worth saving
· - To Bladewise for his equally valiant effort in singles, for his teams play, and for caring so much about how SW was doing that he almost seemed to be watching the stream more often than he was watching his own match
· - To Susa and Tafokints for being awesome, friendly people, and for introducing me to boba…er…it’s really just a chewing exercise, but the drink itself was delicious xD
· - Almost relevant shout-out to Tafokints for putting up with so much nerd rage over his top 100 list
· - To Eddy Mexico for BODYING me in pools <.<’ seriously I got wrecked
· - To Combofest for solidly beating me. GGs
· - To Kie: iirc you’re an ICs main but you tried other characters because of the Marth match-up. Maybe it’s just because I play Marth, but in my experience it’s been better to stick to a character and learn disadvantageous match-ups than to try learning ICs, Marth, and Sheik all at once. Food for thought. GGs
· - I need to preface the next two shout-outs from my pool with this: shout-outs to Jackie Tran for his top-tier advice on several match-ups. Thinking about it while I played gave me a ton of insight on playing patiently and safely, and neither of these next two matches would have gone as well without it. Also, shoutouts to him for quietly making it pretty far in tourney.
· - HUGE shout-outs to Hyuga for our set in pools. It was tight all the way to last stock, you were on point with your punishes, and I learned an unbelievable amount about the match-up from it.
· - Another big shout-out to Jose Ole. Technical Falco with some solid pressure. I was scared for the first few stocks. I got you because I was thinking about playing patiently, and I found I was safe if I just waited out your laser camping on the side platforms. Try either playing a little more aggressively in neutral or covering the side platforms with lasers.
· - To “KoreanBJ” and Oats for being moved out of the pool and not showing up respectively, making my pool smaller than everyone else’s -.-
· - To “KoreanBJ” for making me giggle a little despite what it did to my pool
· - To Eastballz for being in the same pool as Westballz (and to the other cardinal directions similarly appended to genitalia)
· - To Mew2King for being an obvious fraud; I took a stock during the ~5 matches we played. Smh
· - To Sung for teaching me new technology. Imma learn that shield pressure and come hit you with it next year
· - To Gravy for making Marth Falcon look 15-85
· - To fellow semi-MidWesterner Little England for dunking on me in friendlies
· - To Ken for his insight on just how bad Marth is as a character (lol but seriously it was cool to meet you; it’s your fault I play this children’s party game after all)
· - To Alan for having the best troll tag of the tournament
· - To Oksas for reprising our team from last time and winning one more game with me than we did before. At this rate we’ll be winning the tourney by Kings of Cali 10. Always a fun time teaming with you.
· - To M3DZ for being technically American but nevertheless very brown
· - To MexRay for taking a game off Lovage. MexRay for Prez
· - To ExposedFrauds_AppleApple for, ironically, not getting exposed as hard this time around.
· - To Venom for no longer forcing us to utter his former tag in reference to his person. A wise decision, my friend ;)
· - To whoever decided to label my TV number 7.5 on day 2. I found it to be amusing

Found it, it'll be in the next batch of uploads to my channel. If I end up passing stuff on to GimR or SilentWolf it'll be in there too.

@shadrach Jackie Tran is AZ. Goes by Jetfour sometimes. M3DZ is also AZ. The more ya know.
yo, my set vs eddie mexico wasnt uploaded. it was between me vs zhu and me vs s2j

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I labeled it as 7.5 cause the there wasn't a # for that TV position in the schematic (and none of the pools were using a 0.5 # so I thought it'd be good to distinguish it as a recording setup)

There were some people who just didn't show up yall missed out

I got rick rolled.

//edit// LOL at exposed frauds I wondered what EF meant

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I'm AIDS at the ditto =(. It is on my todo list to learn though. I went 2-0 as Fox against Alan in Fox vs. Sheik, but got 3 stocked in sheik dittos, which placed me behind in the counter picks for the set.

Rickety beat me in dittos as well, props to him.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
First off, extreme homie shoutouts to:
- Maxxxpower, Toro, Vora, and Dr. R for being the best car.
- Dr. R For being the best teammate in the world! Project Runway son!
- MexRay for buying us a hotel room because we didn't think ahead.
- facebook.com/walgreensdrake for inspiring me deeply as a player
- Jackie 4Tran for being the best sensei and for giving AZ another hope in bracket. Also for being the best troll NA.
- BronzeKneecap, Jam, Stitch, PCombo, ForteHotFire, Gregfuzz, Prof OKsas, and "Spanish Johns" for being awesome and handome people.

- Mew2King, Gravy (I'm a believer), Leeland, Gabe, Jeez, CommonYoshi, the man who goes by Northballz, BertBusDriver, Kira, OkamiBW (AZ@Heart), Koopa, Venom, BRGR, Zeodyne, TKD, mmmm, Dayman, Strain, and all of the countless other people who I played friendlies with. GGs
- VGBC for bringing the best stream to California.
- Team OXY for being awesome and for running a 200+ man tourney nicely
- The Captain Falcons of CA for pooping on me like no other.
- Toph for accidentally tripping over me 3 times (I'm not sure if I ever actually apologized for that, but sorry duude.)

Pool 17:

Zhu - GGs, you're actually my favorite falco! Cool playing you.
OXY_J666 - GGs, you seemed really nice. Your link is really good haha.
Manatee - GGs, I like your puff. I'll get you next time!
HD Bryan - GGs, Man your Falcon pooped on me, I really need to put a lot of work in to learning that haha
Booish - GGs, Cool Samus dude. you're good.
EF | AppleApple - exposedfrauds.com
Phoenixmog - Year of Luigi, sorry I went Zelda on you. You have a lot of potential! You'll deff beat me next time!
Miwi - I <3 Marth dittos. haha You did really great for your first tourney, playing you was deff my favorite set of the weekend.

Teams:
mmmm + Halfpint - GGs, fun set!
DJ DP + Hey Zeus - OMG ANOTHER PERSON WHO PLAYS ZELDA IN TEAMS WUTTTT? GGs.
Tai? + Carnage - YOU WOULD BE THE ONES TO END OUR CINDERELLA RUN! GGs lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Please upload my friendlies vs. Rofl. I wasn't even aware we were recording anything lol
Uh, my bad, this was half a friendly. You got two KOs before having to quit out for Sung vs Fly lol.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Amazing tournament. Good job to all of oxy. Highlight was making it out of r1 pools and taking a game off of Sung. :)

RIP CAR. 2008-2013

Sung and Crimson, the ONLY reason I made it out of r1 pools was because you guys beat the marth matchup into me that day you repeatedly 4 stocked me over and over. UnknownPressence can be mad at you guys for that. Susan, I couldn't hit you like all of game 1. You got a lot better. Bimbo- "Want to see a comeback?" LOOOOL.

Commonyoshi: Man of the hour. I didn't realize it was your first win ever on me in tourney...if I'da known I woulda tried harder LOOOOL nah ya def deserved it. Lookin like a real fox main.
Hahaha, that was my first win against you ever. I've never even taken a game off of you in a friendly. You gotta stop sandbagging against me now, rofl.

Everyone in r2 pools, sorry I wasn't much of a challenge. Next time I'm going to concentrate and not be a noob. And I'll actually practice beforehand, loool.

Bert and Oliver, great rooming with you guys. Himalayan food was hella legit even if our waiter was amazingly terrible. Bert, I'll see you in Norcal.

WA- you guys are too good. I know you guys are going to make big splashes at Apex. If Teddy and Otto teamed more frequently at GC they'd be ridiculously good.

AZ- Always good seeing you guys again.

Stab and Combo, go to moar tournies.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shoutouts to Arian and Sung for being ****ing awesome at life.

Also big thanks to Tafo for housing me and driving me around (KBBQ too good).

Full shoutouts later when my holiday laziness subsides.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Questions

Why was there boooing? Who the hell was booing? And why did no one shut them the hell up?

gravy

Smash Ace
Next time you nigg@s see me, I'll have ascended ;)
Shoutouts time though

First and foremost, shoutouts to venom for being a falcon and stealing my precious triwing

Okami, you're a cool dude and I actually enjoyed you as a person. However, I have to finish our mm in a dominating fashion next time I see you :D

Axe, you were the most fun person I've ever played against, I really enjoyed that a lot.
Actually now that I think about it, I need to shout out all of AZ for being fun to play against and appreciating my little tricks.

Little England, definitely spent the most time playing with you out of anyone, it was mad fun. Sorry I made your Marth sad. But your falco was pretty tough :D

Squid, we had the worst set of all time and I'm definitely career money matching you straight WWF style next time I see you. Seriously though, GG's, wish I hadn't played terrible

Duck, leave me alone

Shroomed, this whole tournament for me was about trying to beat you, not going to lie. I guess I put up a fight but I'm coming for that doc :D great advice though, it made a lot of sense

Zhu, you gave pretty good advice also, you're pretty good at this game

Sung, thanks for the most backhanded compliment of my life, I really felt loved after that

Crimson, good **** running the tourney. I get a better seed next time?

Pewpewu, meh

Jason Zimmerman, I swear to god ima fkin end you

Hbox, thank you for not coming

This tournament was hard

Edit:goatee guy, I'm sorry dude :/ don't listen to anyone who says otherwise, falcon counters Marth

Top Bottom