• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Now that I finally have a decent computer, I started playing this game. Are there any tips y'all could give to a person that is new to shooters on the PC?
Watch the frag videos on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CommFT
http://www.youtube.com/user/NISLT

Go to the wiki as they have good info on match-ups and whatnot.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Main_Page

I mostly play as a scout and sniper. Other classes I play would be either Medic, Spy, or Pyro. The rest I play the least.

So.....

Scout - The fastest of the 9 classes with 125hp (140hp with the pocket pistol, but I don't use it). If you're playing this character, your job at most is not to fight the opposing team head-on, but to Flank them in a small period of time. If you flank for too long, the chances are that you'll die, so you need to get out and either take an alternate route, or go back to your team. Also, aim at your very best, and use your pistol either a second priority or when one of the opposing teams are lit (Lit means that they are at low health).

If you're good enough, it'll look something like this.

Sniper - You aim and click on heads at most, close and far. Bodyshot if necessary. Most people will get salty if you bodyshot them.
You can finish off enemies up close with the rifle or smg. People will also get salty if you kill them with the smg.
Learn to quickscope by simply aiming at them first, then scope and fire. People will call you a hacker at some point.

vZakat

Half Genie
I plan on playing soldier and sniper. I've been watching vids about rocket jumping. This game is hella fun. Thanks for the tips. :)

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
yay an update that isnt purely cosmetic :D

Also baby face blaster scouts are going to be all over the place now D:

slamjunk

Smash Rookie
Team Fortress 2 is probably my favorite game aside from Risk and SSBM. I played Medic for 18+ this last fall season in UGC Steel. Lookin for more peeps that play! Add me on Steam: vahniti

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
add me on steam as well. Been playing since day 1 and have lots of festive items for trade from the holidays. I main medic, offensive engineer, huntsman sniper, soldier

steam name: alderant1

Twewy

Smash Lord
Oh hey, I didn't know the Smashboards had a thing for hats. I haven't played in a while, so I'm a bit rusty, but I'd love to play with anyone here! My most played is Demo, but I experimented with Medic and Scout lately, and I kinda like 'em.

Steam ID: twewyfan08

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's been years. And my macbook is starting to fail on me, to the point where I put all my video settings to low.

The good outcome of this is that I'm playing spectacular, even if I don't use a mouse.

Twewy

Smash Lord
^ I'll add you soon. Not at a computer with steam at the moment.
Oh, so that's who that was! I've been looking at your friend request for days trying to figure out who the hell you were. Sorry about not replying earlier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I directed him here since it was better than posting in the tourney thread if he wanted to see who still played.
There's been more than a 3 month gap before on this page alone between posts anyway.

Usually I'd rather have a new thread created, but I feel like community-like threads get a little more leeway.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
That parachute is awesome. I'm looking for an unusual Furious Fukaamigasa with the kill-a-watt effect to match my friends hat. paying up to 50 bucks

Twewy

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, the parachute's a neat idea, but still: Another weapon for Soldier. I think it's ridiculous how many items Soldier has to all the other classes.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I know they said that the Vacuum thing isn't an option, but an Airblaster would be kinda cool. Like the Rocket Jumper and Sticky Jumper, all it does is airblast, but with a metric crapton more ammo. And maybe the airblasts sear enemies and inflict reduce afterburn, just to be safe.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
God dammit, it comes out literally at the latest point I can leave for work.

D

Deleted member

So how about that 15 minute short eh?
I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT TELEPORT BREAD FOR 3 DAYS

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pretty sure Valve is nerfing Pyro. Pyro is the hard counter to bread.

Also, is the Scout of legal age to be drinking that? I do not support underage drinking.

Top Bottom