• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

team advice. vids inside.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
king, chozen1, kishprimes input would be great.
i usually team with my friend who mains fox. We are a pretty decent team but we know we can be a lot better. I try to help him out as he does me. we grabto rest whent he opportunity is present and i save him with pounds on ocassion. lately though it seems our teamwork has gotten worse. here are the most recent vids ihave. advice would be great. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7eMaV7CRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9WWdFbTMuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kAFgHE_0_M

Linguini

Smash Master
You got some nice matches man, the only think that I would recommend is that your jiggly should stay on the sidelines a little more because if your in the middle of all the action with that character your bound to get *****. All i'm saying is to space out your team a little more. thats all the advice i got, hope it helps.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell in your Match, such as the first one, you should as Linguini said, stay on the side lines, you should be able to knock people off and do your best to keep them off. When someone is lauched off the level, keep them off. When you are on the sidelines you have the advantage, also if you are in the middle being near your teammate as well as 2 opponents, your damage adds up fast, and especially against a Marth, a F-smash kills you around what? 80%.

Also give your Teammate some space, you both need to do your own jobs, being in a big cluster **** only results in you getting damaged by 3 people instead of you fighting a 1v1 with the occasional help to or from your teammate. Also if you see your teammate grab someone you should try and throw in a Rest, random Rests too. Random Rests keep your opponent on thier feet, and can help turn a game around. Remeber ONLY try a Rest if you know you can land it, or that if you mess up your teammate can wake you up with minimal damage, it's better not to Rest than to fail in a near impossible attempt and lose a stock in the process.
Remember Jiggs is a support player.

Hope I helped

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
i shouldn't be talking, but try not to hit your teammate in the face with a fully charged B. i loved the music tho xD

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
u guys need to work together more u guys hit each other alot like wow,need to have more team combos grab rest isnt enough,there were a couple of times weer u guys couldve helped each other 2 of my crew mates (jiggly ,mmarth)work in teams they do alot of team work and te save each other alot u guys need to work on saving each other and and not hitting each other(not trying to sound harsh please dont flame)ps please change the music xD

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
u guys need to work together more u guys hit each other alot like wow,need to have more team combos grab rest isnt enough,there were a couple of times were u guys couldve helped each other 2 of my crew mates (jiggly ,mmarth)work in teams they do alot of team work and te save each other alot u guys need to work on saving each other and and not hitting each other(not trying to sound harsh please dont flame)ps please change the music xD

edit:sorry about double post y cpu is acting up today

Spot

Smash Cadet
That other team is really cool. I especially like that Marth. But he should use more counters. My advice is to use a faster character like Falco. I think it would be easier to work as a team if your speeds are closer together.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Ok I think I can criticize these pretty well.

I can't really tell, but it does not look like your l-canceling jigglies aerials when you hit the ground, I hardly ever see you follow up any attacks because of this. And your approach is WAY TO SIMILAR. You do the same thing almost everytime. You need to mix it up. Don't always full jump double aerials, try shffl bair to uptilt, or shffl fair to grab, hell there is a ton of variations. Against Peach, remember she can't really go anywhere when coming back to the stage and your bair outprioritizes practically everything she can do as long as you space it correctly. So just puff your way to w/e height peach is floating and keep bairing to keep the pressure on. Marth edgegaurding is pretty easy once you get them far enough from the stage.

Learn to waveshield, it's a good tactic for jiggly to move around the stage and shield then wavedash to grab on laggy attacks. If you watch yourself in these videos, your too immobile. Try to move more and be more deceptive. Alot of times you will just full jump double aerial land and shield. Learn to utilize other moves such as the upair, uptilt, nair. Plenty of videos online where you can see this. In others words, don't make every movement an attack, movement in itself can lead to opportunities by tricking your opponent into an action you can predict. For example the Marth, like many other Marths often just approach via a shffl'd aerial. You would be surprised how easy it is to just wavedash backwards and f-smash, or simply cc fsmash at low percents.

For the team help thing. . . Yes grab to rest is nice and all. But your partner is FOX vs Marth and Peach. Upthrow to upair is Fox's friend in this matchup and he shouldn't be waiting around for you. I tend to rest more if the other person grabs and I'm nearby other than when my teammate grabs. It needs to be situational, not running across the screen trying to do it. Fox should be upthrow to upairing almost everytime. He shouldn't be hitting them in the throw either, grab to upthrow as fast as possible to try to catch them with no DI. On the other hand Jiggly grabbing to Fox running jc upsmash works extremely well. If they are at high percentages and your friend is accurate you should be doing this. As Fox is extremely fast and can do it quickly.

You guys play well, you just need to be more dynamic. Dash dance, tech chase better. One of the nice things to do with Jiggly is to upthrow under a platform, if you know they are going to tech all you have to do is predict which way they will go, if they roll or get up where you predict rest, otherwise waste another jump and fair or bair them. I'm sort of just going on here so I'll just leave it at that. 1. Don't stop moving. 2. Be more varied. 3. Tech-chase better. 4. Don't listen to Spot, Jiggly and Fox is fine, unless you really play well Fox and Falco is generally worse.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
yea the thing is u went in battle like u couldnt hit ur team mate and pretendend like team attack was off and u just kept killing ur man but u had ur advice right there all along the peeps u were fighting seemed to had good team combos if u need to work on some combos u should ask them or listen to falcommassacare an arcnatural they know that team stuff to

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
...lol
U guys got beat seriously and vid 1... lol when u hit ur partner with the rollout.

Dude u should try using rest more often. Jiggs is easy to ok but u have to use air attacks with smash attacks. U attack ur partner carelessly and well.. u noe what happened.
Try doing pound when ur opponent has ur friend in a hold and try grabbing with jiggs. U didn't use ur sheild very often and u floated a lot. Try to do some u-air attacks and then rest. Marth is one of the easiest (From experience) to do rest combos against and peach is fricken bad when she does her d-smash.
Jiggs needs to combine timing with precision. Oh and don't use pound to save fox all the time, use u-air.
As for ur partner don't try to go 1vs.2. U should let Jiggs have one to fight against. Keep going!!! u guys aren't bad only lacking teamwork. Bring combos out and try to do more n-air too!

Top Bottom