• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Garchomp is fast. Not to mention airborne. Tyranitar, however, even without shooting beams from it's mouth, is pretty literally a mountain. If Garchomp can make a dent in the rocky armor, a collection of swift bites and hits could end Tyranitar. However, given Tyranitar's armor, it could just sit there and Garchomp would be too tired before piercing the armor.

If it's an aggressive Tyranitar, i suppose Garchomp could tire it with it's superior agility and ability to take to the air, Tyranitar could get tired chasing Garchomp and Garchomp could hack at Tyranitar so that if it DOES wake up during the battle, it would be much too sore to move much. It's a question of how smart both pokemon are, i suppose. If either is smarter, they'd win this battle. Armor vs. Speed becomes a game of wits pretty easy if i'm correct.
Word of advice. You should read the OP before making a post. In doing so you would have noticed that we're taking the characters and putting them into a realistic situation. No magic or anything outside of human or technological reason.
The same magic that lets Tyranitar shot beamz.
>________> <-(That's a link)
Tyranitar has a friend in those mountains.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ttar is way too slow to even harm Chomp. It's rock skin makes it impossible for it to move and, subsequently, diminishes the impact of his hits considerably.

Chomp can still ram him at full speed to deal penetrating blunt damage. It will hurt, of course, but at least that's more than what Ttar can do to Chomp. Ttar will have difficulty hitting Chomp and, even if he manages to hit him, he probably won't be able to do much.

UncleSam

Smash Master
quite....

think this may be a draw? :p
you reeeeeeeeally want TTar to win don't you?

but then again, if TTar gets Chomp, it's game over....but can Chompp even scratch TTar?
Pretty much what Paya just said, plus the fact that TTar's arms are stubby, and he'd have to get lower to bite Chomp which is kinda tough with the skin typing he has, he can't kick for shiz and that tail can't swing too well with his low mobility.

hey wait, how'd your post count surprass mine so fast?
I need to post more >.>

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Word of advice. You should read the OP before making a post. In doing so you would have noticed that we're taking the characters and putting them into a realistic situation. No magic or anything outside of human or technological reason.
I did read the OP. Garchomp has wings. He can fly. And he's fast. Tyranitar has rock-solid skin. Exo-skeleton, anyone?

If it were with the in-game stuff, Tyranitar shoots a death beam from it's mouth and the discussion is over.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If it were in game, Garchomp runs around at Mach speeds and EQ's all day. Garchomp's wing-like appendages aren't actually fit for flying in game, let alone in real life. An exoskeleton isn't really plausible for Ty, with holes in his skin, his face/eyes appearing as they do, and even then, it's highly doubtful that he would have impenetrable skin as described in his Dex entries(rocks can still be broken, and if it was that hard he probably wouldn't be able to move at all, if barely).

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Well, Tyranitar wouldn't be able to move then, making for a hilariously odd stalemate.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aerial_Ace_(move)#By_TM40_2

Garchomp can learn how to get airborn with a little human help in the games. In real life, nature would take it's course and Garchomp would be able to fly regardless of moves. Pidgey would be able to fly in real life without having to level up and learn attacks.

Also from Bulbapedia:

Though Garchomp is not able to learn the move Fly and cannot possess Levitate, it can still fly at an incredible speed to catch its prey. This is evident in both the anime and Pokédex entries.
Whether or not Garchomp could fly, Tyranitar would just hang out in it's shell armor thing and be safe nontheless, even if it couldn't move. TR would be bored out of it's mind (like in any other point of it's unfortunate life), but Chomp would run out of steam earlier due to actually moving, even if minimally.

That is, like i stated before, either gave up. TY could get tired of the rattling of the cage with no ability to stop it, whereas Chomp could get tired of not being able to make a dent. It'd be a battle of wits, which would be interesting between two Pokemon.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I did read the OP. Garchomp has wings. He can fly. And he's fast.
There are a couple of things to consider before claiming something can fly.
The wings have to be able to produce enough lift to get the user off of the ground. Look at the picture REL posted earlier. Those "wings" have no way of providing enough lift force to Garchomp off of the ground. Also look at the structure of his "wings". The closest we can relate this wing structure too is a Pterodactyl. (Arms are above the wing flaps.)
The big difference you'll notice there is that the skin flaps that comprise the wings of the Pterodactyl extend for the dino's entire arm length, and they do not taper off to a point like Garchomp's do. This allows the Pterodactyl to make full use of convection currents to glide and to provide lift force when flapping it's wings to stay in the air.

Garchomp's "wings" do not allow for the sufficient gain of any lift from flapping. There are much too many areas that air can go around the wings. Also, given the fact that Garchomp's "wings" are solid throughout their structure they are not light enough to catch air and push it down when flapped, more so than just barrel though it like our own arms would. Those "wings" are more akin to fins. Most notably to the dorsal fin you see on a shark.

tl:dr- The composition and surface area of Garchomp's "wings" do not allow for any flight.

Tyranitar has rock-solid skin. Exo-skeleton, anyone?
And that does what exactly? That wouldn't make much of a difference as Garchomp can still break T-tar with blunt force, and with the structure of T-Tar's limbs, T-Tar will still have issues landing a powerful blow.

If it were with the in-game stuff, Tyranitar shoots a death beam from it's mouth and the discussion is over.
Which is why it's not in-game. If that was the case, then Garchomp wearing an Expert Belt uses Brick Break and GG. And Garchomp moves first due to higher speed stat.
(inb4pokemonpeoplecometogetatme.)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Its pokemon.
You have creatures made of gas.
Let alone bees defy such an idea since they are not aerodynamically capable of flight in theory.
Yeah, but this is taking them in a real life situation.
Do you think it's realistically possible for a Garchomp that has two shark's dorsal fins attached to its arms for "wings" be able to fly.

Also, the flight mechanism with bees shows that they beat there wings many times more than something of a bird, pterodactyl, and even the much smaller fruit fly, to compensate for their lack of an aerodynamic structure. 230 beats per second. But they still have an semi-adequate wing structure which is why with just some compensation, they can sustain flight. Garchomp does not have even close to a semi adequate wing structure.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
I have absolutely no idea. I guess in the same right as a Turtle, which means that at the point where the body is fully covered, it will not be able to move.

But it will be safe from attack and unable to waste energy doing anything making it last longer.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
how is TTar's "skin" solid rock again? how would an organism aquire such a suit? :p
Because he is a Pokemon and Pokemons make no sense at all.

Just look at Onyx.

And here we are in charge of placing their unrealistic a$$es in the real world and tear them apart.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Actually, I checked again and it doesn't say anywhere that his skin is rock-like or anything. I guess you are right.

TTar may not be as slow as I thought. Maybe this way, he won't be as much of a sitting duck. Still, looking at his body:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:248Tyranitar.png

It really doesn't look like TTar is fit for fighting. Incredibly small, extremities, small claws, Incredibly small teeth, disproportionate body and let's not mention a body type not meant to be supported by a tail as big as his.

Ttar looks more like this outdated representation of a T-Rex:

Than an actual T-rex:

Having said that, it looks like Ttar can't even move, grapple or deal any significant damage to Garchomp.

He wouldn't even be able to use tail whips properly because it would mean that it would fall flat on the ground.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Dude, like almost every single pokemon in the game can learn hyper beam.

If it were in game, Garchomp runs around at Mach speeds and EQ's all day. Garchomp's wing-like appendages aren't actually fit for flying in game, let alone in real life. An exoskeleton isn't really plausible for Ty, with holes in his skin, his face/eyes appearing as they do, and even then, it's highly doubtful that he would have impenetrable skin as described in his Dex entries(rocks can still be broken, and if it was that hard he probably wouldn't be able to move at all, if barely).
Also TTar's hyper beam would do like no damage, or even worse miss because TTar has horrid SpA and Sand Stream would give GARchomp an evasion boost.

Well, Tyranitar wouldn't be able to move then, making for a hilariously odd stalemate.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aerial_Ace_(move)#By_TM40_2

Garchomp can learn how to get airborn with a little human help in the games. In real life, nature would take it's course and Garchomp would be able to fly regardless of moves. Pidgey would be able to fly in real life without having to level up and learn attacks.
it'd have to move faster than 93 m/s and would have to retain that speed in mid-air, and without any way to retain that momentum in mid-air he'd just touch down again.

Whether or not Garchomp could fly, Tyranitar would just hang out in it's shell armor thing and be safe nontheless, even if it couldn't move. TR would be bored out of it's mind (like in any other point of it's unfortunate life), but Chomp would run out of steam earlier due to actually moving, even if minimally.
we've been talking about concussive damage for like a page or two now...
I think you know what I'm going to recommend you do.

Which is why it's not in-game. If that was the case, then Garchomp wearing an Expert Belt uses Brick Break and GG. And Garchomp moves first due to higher speed stat.
(inb4pokemonpeoplecometogetatme.)
I've always been here.

JOE!

Smash Hero
indeed

but still the question remains: Obviously TTar can sorta defend itself if Chomp gets close....

can Chomp take him down in time to not get injured himself?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Also TTar's hyper beam would do like no damage, or even worse miss because TTar has horrid SpA and Sand Stream would give GARchomp an evasion boost.
He meant Ice Beam/the only actually useful beam besides the crappy ones to kill Celebi/crappy I can't believe it's not Discharge electric move obv.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't see Ty doing anything to defend itself other than being a crappier version of Anguirus(low mobility/flexibility traded to larger spines/rock-like skin, which aren't nearly as effective/body size matters johns) or just laying on its stomach/attempt to crouch/whatever you wanna call it, in which case Chomp could just leave Ty to die trying to get back up. Gar should be fast enough to outmaneuver/pace, get around/dodge, tackle/bring down and attack the limbs/stomach/head/weak point for massive damage. It's essentially a cougar/mini-bear/griffin that can't fly trying to take on a porcupine that can't move and trades full body coverage by spines for awkward "balance" on two legs and harder skin. All for rooting for the porcupine, just don't expect it to shake off repeated assaults like nothing and deal back significant damage. I'm running out of wall-o'-text's, next MU so I can take a break/gb2lurking plz.

JOE!

Smash Hero
been waiting for a new page:

Ivy has her signature sword-whip, and viper packs some shock in her punch, as well as flames in her feet

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
well the sword is semi real...i think. i`m not sure if c vipes can do what she does realistically, but she has spy training...ivy just has daddy issues

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
I personally think Ivy's whip is plausible, and relatively useful with its bladed sections and relative length. I however doubt that it can form together to become a solid short sword, meaning that outside a whip's limited range its relatively useless. I think that metal arm fitting has some sort of armor quality and some sort of limited weapon quality with those pointed fingers. As for her outfit, I could easily see how uncomfortable it could be, but its not enough to completely remove movement or ability to use a whip.

C. Viper on the other hand has a lot going for her. her outfit is not impeding at all and allows her to use her ability to be relatively arcobatic. She also has some sort of spy training and all that. Im not quite convinced her gloves can create lightning as large as in the games, but a shock from 1-2 feet is plausible, as is being shocked by a punch. The plausibility of this voltage being in a pair of gloves Im throwing to the future tech clause. Her jet boots Im thinking are her biggest draw (well, not quite biggest lol). They increase jumping height, movement speed, could save her from a deadly fall, and could easily burn her foe from a kick.

As for wondering about if Viper can get close enough to nullify the usefulness of Ivy's whip, I think she can. Her jet boots allow for above-average movement abilites, even more than her natural prowess. She also has stealth training so Ivy might not even notice her until she's in range. I also think there's a chance Viper could catch the whip in her hand and send a shock down the metal parts to Ivy's arm. Overall, Viper has about 800+ of 1000 matches won.

Also, Id like to rant again about the fact that up to this point, 5 competitors have been completely taken the ability to use their weapons because theyre "too big". Kratos, Cloud, Sephiroth, Black Knight, and Nightmare. Nullifying their ability to fight just by saying "lawlz wepun iz 2 big u cnt fite" is bull****, and unless you have a good amount of evidence to back it up, it doesn t make sense. Id like to show everyone how the swords of all 5 of these fighters are plausible IRL. Prepare for large text wall:

KRATOS - Krato's blades are not that large and realistically wouldnt be all that heavy. I could see why the swinging them out on the chains and instantly retracting them thing might be sketchy, but the blades themselves are not implausible as weapons at all. Im befuddled as to why these were considered unusuable.

CLOUD - Easily the most difficult for me to justify, Cloud's sowrd does indeed look implausibly large, but we have the FF7 fans (and the future tech clause) to thank for telling us of hte light training and experimentation done on Cloud, which could easily increase his strength and ability to above human limits. This is also a testiment to how this could be used by untrained/experimented on people could use this sword. Tiring and moderately difficult? Yes. Implausible? No. Also, as I said, Cloud is above human ability and strength, meaning he could use the sword with relativel greater ease.

SEPHIROTH - This one is also a bit hard t ojustify. The Masamune was like 9 feet long, and was essentially a more japanese-looking Zweihander. However, beyond is huge length, it was a regular sword, quite possibly easier to handle than the Buster Sword. Also keep in mind not only did Sephiroth get as much if not more experimentation on him than Cloud did, and that he was actually very skilled at using the Masamune. Id say Sephiroth could use this quite plausibly.

BLACK KNIGHT - He recieved training from Ike's father, who showed Ike how to use his huge sword plausibly. This alone should be enough, although there is some doubt. BK's large armor might have a burden on him in addition to his Zweihander, but wouldnt he use his training to prepare himself for a combat situation just to compensate for this extra weight? Others said that he has mostly used it one-handed, a way that Zweihanders werent meant to be used. Well, this sword is certainly smaller than the Masamune first of all, meaning it is more plausible for a regular person to use it regularly. Also, BK looks like a very well-built fighter who could possibly use his sword one-handed for a few swings, and has enough training to learn how to use it two-handed.

NIGHTMARE - Nightmare is built the best out of all of thse fighters, and his sword is no larger than maybe 1 foot beyond BK's. He has less options for 2-handed use because of his large armored right hand (which also isnt implausible), but he is more likely to be able to handle it with one hand than the others.

Also, one more thing. Cloud stealing Crono's sword is bull**** and you all know that.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Also, one more thing. Cloud stealing Crono's sword is bull**** and you all know that.
The one thing that will definitely contest is this?
How is Cloud stealing Crono's sword BS? And I must now know especially since I and some others went through the trouble of explaining how Cloud stealing Crono's sword is completely possible. Even more backed by the fact that it happens in real life all ready.

I'd really like to see your reasoning for this statement.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I've been away for away, so who won the Garchomp vs. Tyranitar?

Anyways, There are historical accounts of whip-sword hybrid weapons (infact, I was watching TDB on tv the other night, Roman Centurion vs. a Persian (?) warrior that escapes me at the moment) so I can see Ivy's whip/sword being usuable- the only problem is the historical weapons seem much smaller/lighter compared to Ivy's weapon.

Also, Ivy's gauntlet is that, a gauntlet .Sure it may be oversized but also Ivy is one of the largest SC girls (5'10", 128 lbs) so I say the gauntlet is movable- but still indeed heavy and can slow her down. Ivy's training is through weaponry, her sword/whip.

I don't know much about C. Viper but I do know that she has high training as a spy (correct me SF fans) and is adept in CQC and those gloves and boots that give her electricity/fire charged attacks.

But for this fight I think it all comes down to how much funtionablity we agree to on about Ivy's sword-whip. I think that is going to be the determining factor in this MU.

UncleSam

Smash Master
CLOUD - Easily the most difficult for me to justify, Cloud's sowrd does indeed look implausibly large, but we have the FF7 fans (and the future tech clause) to thank for telling us of hte light training and experimentation done on Cloud, which could easily increase his strength and ability to above human limits. This is also a testiment to how this could be used by untrained/experimented on people could use this sword. Tiring and moderately difficult? Yes. Implausible? No. Also, as I said, Cloud is above human ability and strength, meaning he could use the sword with relativel greater ease.
look at how inefficient it is cutting through simple wood. and even if Cloud's Strength is greater than average humans the torque behind the swing would be an unimaginably large amount if he actually wanted to do damage with it.
BLACK KNIGHT - He recieved training from Ike's father, who showed Ike how to use his huge sword plausibly. This alone should be enough, although there is some doubt. BK's large armor might have a burden on him in addition to his Zweihander, but wouldnt he use his training to prepare himself for a combat situation just to compensate for this extra weight? Others said that he has mostly used it one-handed, a way that Zweihanders werent meant to be used. Well, this sword is certainly smaller than the Masamune first of all, meaning it is more plausible for a regular person to use it regularly. Also, BK looks like a very well-built fighter who could possibly use his sword one-handed for a few swings, and has enough training to learn how to use it two-handed.
I already explained why this would be fine and nobody argued (even though I was pretty much baiting ppl to argue it by posting it in general).
also modern armor is heavier than medieval armor, that and the weight is also better distributed around the body relieving a fraction of the weight as well. I pointed that out in the Ganondorf MU's.
NIGHTMARE - Nightmare is built the best out of all of thse fighters, and his sword is no larger than maybe 1 foot beyond BK's. He has less options for 2-handed use because of his large armored right hand (which also isnt implausible), but he is more likely to be able to handle it with one hand than the others.
Siegfried isn't built to hold that massive sword and Nightmare himself is biologically incomplete... in a sense. http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare
I mean... what is this... I don't even...
Also, Ivy's gauntlet is that, a gauntlet .Sure it may be oversized but also Ivy is one of the largest SC girls (5'10", 128 lbs) so I say the gauntlet is movable- but still indeed heavy and can slow her down. Ivy's training is through weaponry, her sword/whip.
It looks like an arm guard.
they're just bronze plates slapped onto a leather sleeve, how would that slow her down? bronze is mad light. The glove part looks like a modified gauntlet tho, with claws.
It looks like a simplified version of ike's

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Also, Id like to rant again about the fact that up to this point, 5 competitors have been completely taken the ability to use their weapons because theyre "too big". Kratos, Cloud, Sephiroth, Black Knight, and Nightmare. Nullifying their ability to fight just by saying "lawlz wepun iz 2 big u cnt fite" is bull****, and unless you have a good amount of evidence to back it up, it doesn t make sense. Id like to show everyone how the swords of all 5 of these fighters are plausible IRL. Prepare for large text wall:

KRATOS - Krato's blades are not that large and realistically wouldnt be all that heavy. I could see why the swinging them out on the chains and instantly retracting them thing might be sketchy, but the blades themselves are not implausible as weapons at all. Im befuddled as to why these were considered unusuable.

SEPHIROTH - This one is also a bit hard t ojustify. The Masamune was like 9 feet long, and was essentially a more japanese-looking Zweihander. However, beyond is huge length, it was a regular sword, quite possibly easier to handle than the Buster Sword. Also keep in mind not only did Sephiroth get as much if not more experimentation on him than Cloud did, and that he was actually very skilled at using the Masamune. Id say Sephiroth could use this quite plausibly.

The majority of this makes me want to go here....
www.nooooooooooooooo.com
and repeat pressing it multiple times.

Anyways, There are historical accounts of whip-sword hybrid weapons (infact, I was watching TDB on tv the other night, Roman Centurion vs. a Persian (?) warrior that escapes me at the moment) so I can see Ivy's whip/sword being usuable- the only problem is the historical weapons seem much smaller/lighter compared to Ivy's weapon.

I don't know much about C. Viper but I do know that she has high training as a spy (correct me SF fans) and is adept in CQC and those gloves and boots that give her electricity/fire charged attacks.

But for this fight I think it all comes down to how much funtionablity we agree to on about Ivy's sword-whip. I think that is going to be the determining factor in this MU.

I also saw that episode.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aara_(sword)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior#Episode_15:_Roman_Centurion_vs._Rajput_Warrior

The whip sword isn't that effective in all honesty. But, if she only has gauntlets, maybe the sword can zone her out. But I'm just throwing things out...

False.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2LzBrnREB4

Top Bottom