• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I entered a basic brawl and found three Black Zeldas. we all teamed up on the crasher who was pretty bad. Next match I changed my skin to black Zelda as well. Four Black Zeldas on at one time. It was pretty funny.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Coming across a TP, I'll either DC it or fight them. Depends on my mood. Sorry for those I've DC'd but brawl is a fighting game, so get with the picture.
It's ok with me because I D/C fighters. I will never play a fighting match, I always D/C them.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I had so much fun with King Dedede in these past 4 hours.

One group had everyone fighting (so not a Taunt Party.) I tried starting one but failed. So I joined in and after about 20 matches of win streaks with Dedede 2 people quit and once I got to the practice stage I disconnected.

Another one was where I annoyed this Falco with my ftilt spamming. Didn't last long and was pretty boring.

But then I joined a group with an Ike, Zelda and Toon Link. The Ike player was somewhat good but still fell for simple things. He didn't spam fsmash/side-B though. He did the usual grab -> bthrow -> try to meteor smash with dair thing. He was unsuccessful on most attempts but got me once.

Other than that I had fun CGing him which I couldn't believe he kept falling for. He was pretty smart though. The Zelda was annoying, sometimes helping. The Toon Link was just there for fun. :3

Pretty good groups I should say.~

Also one time I joined a brand new group after being disconnected and everyone was a red Zelda. Amazing, right? Same thing happened with Peach but they were all different colors.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I had so much fun with King Dedede in these past 4 hours.

One group had everyone fighting (so not a Taunt Party.) I tried starting one but failed. So I joined in and after about 20 matches of win streaks with Dedede 2 people quit and once I got to the practice stage I disconnected.

Another one was where I annoyed this Falco with my ftilt spamming. Didn't last long and was pretty boring.

But then I joined a group with an Ike, Zelda and Toon Link. The Ike player was somewhat good but still fell for simple things. He didn't spam fsmash/side-B though. He did the usual grab -> bthrow -> try to meteor smash with dair thing. He was unsuccessful on most attempts but got me once.

Other than that I had fun CGing him which I couldn't believe he kept falling for. He was pretty smart though. The Zelda was annoying, sometimes helping. The Toon Link was just there for fun. :3

Pretty good groups I should say.~

Also one time I joined a brand new group after being disconnected and everyone was a red Zelda. Amazing, right? Same thing happened with Peach but they were all different colors.
What color was the Ike?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Had an annoying Kirby that couldn't recover and spammed Ftilt, Stone, and Final Cutter non-stop. He ruined a 1 on 1 with 2 average players and they all turned on him. Fun to watch.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I hate playing games where the other players will take the crouching seriously from the crasher and then get KO'd for it. And so when the crasher keeps crouching when he's in danger, I wont fall for that and I'll try to KO him, and then everyone attacks me and suddenly I'm the crasher.

ugh

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Ha ha, I should try that sometimes when I get overrun by trolls taunt partyists and then when the trolls taunt partyists attack the new clueless noob taunt crasher, I turn on them.:pimp:

This would be the most effective way with dealing with trolls taunt partyists on basic brawl. The goal is to keep them confused and aggravated.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have somewhat of a dilema:

As a big Captain Falcon player, I made a pact to myself to ALWAYS start the match of with his famous d-taunt. This usually ends up starting a taunt party (which I don't mind) except when the crasher still attacks anyway. But yeah, I usually end up creating a taunt party even when I would personnally like to have some friendly fights.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I always start with my side taunt and the same thing happens except I crash the party and everyone goes after me.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I hate playing games where the other players will take the crouching seriously from the crasher and then get KO'd for it. And so when the crasher keeps crouching when he's in danger, I wont fall for that and I'll try to KO him, and then everyone attacks me and suddenly I'm the crasher.

ugh
Hehe. I hate that too. Though sometimes I find my Taunt Party teammates more dangerous, attacking blindly without much concern for anyone else but the crasher.

I hate false crashers a lot... but for me, when someone is suspicious or has done wrong, I suspect them forever and move myself away so I can watch them carefully.

Anyway, BB seems dead for me. Takes an hour just to find a group all of a sudden.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I always start with my side taunt and the same thing happens except I crash the party and everyone goes after me.
Yeah, I'll normally only crash a party unless I'm either A) feeling like a troll, B) I want to kick some random guy's *** or C) I just want to Knee someone.

And if we're on Temple, then good luck catching up to Falcon :troll:

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Yeah, I'll normally only crash a party unless I'm either A) feeling like a troll, B) I want to kick some random guy's *** or C) I just want to Knee someone.

And if we're on Temple, then good luck catching up to Falcon :troll:
It's too bad Ike can't run for his life:(

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Skipping most of a boring FFA saga, I'll start out at a battle with me using Snake. There was a taunter Lucas and gay teamer Marth. I trolled marth until he tried to approach, where he fell under the Bridge of Eldin and died, too late in the match to retribute the kill. In the next fight, there was those two and a ******** Bowser who just tried to confuse me with his slow movement. I at first screwed over my Fire Fox and died, but towards the end of the match I think I killed both of them, and Lucas. Finally, I was in Sudden Death with everyone's favorite man-woman, Marth. He tried to Fsmash me ( practically the only move he seemed to know ) but I spotdodged and did a SJCUS so fast he couldn't gay his counter like usual. I taunted and DC'd. If that bowser is around, you were a decent player. Lucas, you didn't fight, so I don't know your skill level ( pacifist taunters are often some of the ones who will fight the best. ) Marth, who was probably too much of a noob to even know of Smashboards existance, your're a ***** *** ***** and need a life other than being gay on BB.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's too bad Ike can't run for his life:(
My Pokemon have that same problem. :(

Except for my Charizard who just flys under the stage.

Which reminds me when I was fighting a Pit player on Temple who thought it would be a good idea to attack me while I'm flying under the big empty space down to the right. I gave him a good glide attack which knocked him upwards and bouncing off the ceiling for a kill. Best part was that I made it to the ledge after that.

:phone:

Takumi

Smash Cadet
My Pokemon have that same problem. :(

Except for my Charizard who just flys under the stage.

Which reminds me when I was fighting a Pit player on Temple who thought it would be a good idea to attack me while I'm flying under the big empty space down to the right. I gave him a good glide attack which knocked him upwards and bouncing off the ceiling for a kill. Best part was that I made it to the ledge after that.

:phone:
lol. That's awesome. I should try mastering other characters.
It might be worth it if I can. Speaking of which, I've never been able to figure out how to glide with Charizard... I don't just spam the up button, do I? *fail* orz

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm in a taunt party now, crashing it. I hate the inability to turn off items. I win when items are off, and lose when they're on. The Snake seems decent, too bad I can't 1v1 him with this Pikachu in the way.

EDIT: Awesome, another one. This one prefers temple to items. And they chase me around temple when I don't feel like trying to fight all three of them on such a huge stage. -waiting for his stage to be chosen-

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
lol. That's awesome. I should try mastering other characters.
It might be worth it if I can. Speaking of which, I've never been able to figure out how to glide with Charizard... I don't just spam the up button, do I? *fail* orz
Yeah, just like FIREL said: Just hold the jump button and you can glide with Charizard.

The different thing however with Charizard is that he can only glide once while Pit and MK can do it twice (MK 3 times if you count Shuttle Loop) Also If you glide starting with Charizard's 2nd jump, you won't be able to use any other moves after gliding so be careful.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Pit and MK can only glide once. Plus MK's shuttle loop. What's different with Charizard is you can use it after all of your jumps, while Pit and MK still need jumps. I think.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys! It worked like a charm. This really helps. Even though I still suck at controlling it. Hehe.

Practice. Practice. Practice.
I learn something new everyday.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I'm in a taunt party now, crashing it. I hate the inability to turn off items. I win when items are off, and lose when they're on. The Snake seems decent, too bad I can't 1v1 him with this Pikachu in the way.

EDIT: Awesome, another one. This one prefers temple to items. And they chase me around temple when I don't feel like trying to fight all three of them on such a huge stage. -waiting for his stage to be chosen-
I think i played you. Did you use ganondorf, olimar and falco?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Were you using Blue Pit?

If you were, sorry for gaying my DACUS a little. With the taunters *****ing away and them trolling with items, I couldn't focus very well.

Wait, wrong day, never mind.

Also, this thread just hit 100 pages too.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone else encounter these little self-made "couples," usually between a Marth/Ike with a Peach/Zelda, online? They'll get together and crouch down off in the corner each and every match, and will sometimes even go out of the way (usually just the male character) to attack anyone else who comes near, as if to say "Back off. She's mine." I see these little love-type relationship things going on all the time and it's pretty stupid...

(By the way, 'new here, but you may have met me online before as a passive red kirby. I don't attack anyone unless they do first or that I see it's a full out free-for-all.)

FIREL

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQR_8X2Q5AM
The down taunt is very fun to do with Luigi in taunt parties. It can spike somone mercilessly if they are on a ledge or uder your foot. If you taunt with the any other taunt besides the down taunt and get close enough to them they'll never suspect you to kick them...till it's too late.
I always taunt spike recovering kirby nubs... they're the easiest to kill

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Another one you missed was Zero Suit Samus and Ike/C. Falcon
A fun thing to do however is be the same color as the "girl" and attack the other girl. If you can beat her the "guy" willl team up with you.

...Or (for your situation) just be Snake and start planting explosives/grenade next to their little love bubble to break up their shenanigins.
Lol. I remember one time a Peach joined and immediately started a fight with the Zelda that was crouching with Marth there, though he just stood back and watched (probably enjoying it). Ego + 50

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone else encounter these little self-made "couples," usually between a Marth/Ike with a Peach/Zelda, online? They'll get together and crouch down off in the corner each and every match, and will sometimes even go out of the way (usually just the male character) to attack anyone else who comes near, as if to say "Back off. She's mine." I see these little love-type relationship things going on all the time and it's pretty stupid...

(By the way, 'new here, but you may have met me online before as a passive red kirby. I don't attack anyone unless they do first or that I see it's a full out free-for-all.)
I love crashing those when I have those in my group. Since I use Peach a lot, it is hilarious when I get close or folly around they break their necks to actually attack me. I have thwarted a good number of those in the past. Luckily the times I had that couple the other player never bothers at all and stays far away or I had some players that actually helped me attack them. Didn't know people still do that now. It has been a while now since I've been on Wifi.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I love crashing those when I have those in my group. Since I use Peach a lot, it is hilarious when I get close or folly around they break their necks to actually attack me. I have thwarted a good number of those in the past. Luckily the times I had that couple the other player never bothers at all and stays far away or I had some players that actually helped me attack them. Didn't know people still do that now. It has been a while now since I've been on Wifi.
I've noticed it's especially effective to use Snake on them. If they crouch, troll with nades, and control space with everything else.. If they fight, just **** close range.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Yep, just had one pretty recently, too. I don't bother with them, though, unless one of them physically tries to "push" me away first if I accidentally get too close. Otherwise, I just fool around and see how long they can keep it up or hoping that a crasher will eventually appear (and yeah, usually, the other player doesn't even bother with them at all).

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

I saw that about a month ago with a snake and Zelda. Evertime I came in between them, one of the would grab me and throw me backwards. The funniest part of that was when I switched to Mario and used side taunt in front of zelda and then she left Snake for me. the snake got angry and started fighting.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Gah, no offense to any Zelda/Peach/ZSS players out there, but how come usually every one I come by as of late has been really stuck-up and snooty? I'm not saying all of them are like that, but a decent majority will just go off to the side every round while everyone else is having fun taunting around, and they act like they're all elegant and stuff. They won't commit suicide like everyone else to even out the score if one person accidentally SD's, they won't commit suicide in Sudden Death, and they go absolutely ape**** on someone if they've accidentally attacked them and act like they can get away with it.

I just had a room like that with this one person switching between all three females and we had about 15 matches total maybe, where this person would do exactly this each and every game. He/she even went out to attack the single person left in Sudden Death (who wasn't even trying to win) one round. Then the next match, as this person was standing off to the side as usual, he/she accidentally got hit with a green shell and immediately attacked me (as I was the closest one nearby, though I wasn't even the one who threw it), then went back to the side and acted like nothing ever happened, back facing me and the other players. I was eventually like, "Okay, screw this," and absolutely demolished him or her (as it turned out he/she sucked) the next round, taunted till the timer went out, then left. I've been seeing this stuff a lot lately and never really did anything about it till now, but yeah, I find it really annoying and arrogant.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It really pisses me too, but cocky players are usually really ****ty. There is nothing more satistying than pwning one, though. Just **** and DC them.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Gah, no offense to any Zelda/Peach/ZSS players out there, but how come usually every one I come by as of late has been really stuck-up and snooty? I'm not saying all of them are like that, but a decent majority will just go off to the side every round while everyone else is having fun taunting around, and they act like they're all elegant and stuff. They won't commit suicide like everyone else to even out the score if one person accidentally SD's, they won't commit suicide in Sudden Death, and they go absolutely ape**** on someone if they've accidentally attacked them and act like they can get away with it.

I just had a room like that with this one person switching between all three females and we had about 15 matches total maybe, where this person would do exactly this each and every game. He/she even went out to attack the single person left in Sudden Death (who wasn't even trying to win) one round. Then the next match, as this person was standing off to the side as usual, he/she accidentally got hit with a green shell and immediately attacked me (as I was the closest one nearby, though I wasn't even the one who threw it), then went back to the side and acted like nothing ever happened, back facing me and the other players. I was eventually like, "Okay, screw this," and absolutely demolished him or her (as it turned out he/she sucked) the next round, taunted till the timer went out, then left. I've been seeing this stuff a lot lately and never really did anything about it till now, but yeah, I find it really annoying and arrogant.
1.Pick Falco
2.Spam laser
3.Wait for approach
4.Phantasm away
5.???
6.Profit

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

I noticed that too. I was almost about to fight one of those peaches, but I decided to give that player another chance during sudden death by going right next to them and seeing what happens. The player side B'd me and I D/C'ed them before I got KO'd.

Top Bottom