• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I hate those people they would attack me for no reason but they don't know who they're up against.
its much more satisfying when you see the person leave. Its like what Big Daddy Kane (a old school rapper) saids "I get the job done" :)

Aibou

Smash Master
In my opinion taunters outnumber crashers.

They do, which is why more often than not, you'll find three people ganging up on a third. Me, I go with the flow. If it's a taunt party, then I'll join in for a while, take my leave, then look for another match. Instigating in a taunt party only causes me to get wifi-***** by items and spam.

Then again I'm not on Basic Brawl much anyway so yeah... xD

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Wow i didn't know there were actually rules for this. I've been in many taunt parties and apparently, I'v been following the rules ^_^ Im always having fun in parties. I usually pick Link and hang around a Zelda player (if any)
One time i was having a really fun party and we all picked swordsman (sorta became the theme) and then P3 dropped out and this Fox player starting fighting us...we jumped his *** so many times, we even pulled a few wombo combos on him. XD

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
I throw grenades at people who start taunt party.
Then when they try to chase me I just use :snake: tilts as my shield.

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
I also use :ike: & start F-airing those noob.
They get close to me, I Fsmash them..bcuz noob dont know how to guard/dodge obv :012:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Doesn't Nintendo 'ban' people from Wi-fi if they hack a Basic Brawl or something?
They don't D/C or ban you in Brawl for hax, but if you have game mechanic changing codes on, you'll end up desyncing with everyone else, which results in an auto D/C because of all the mismatched data on everyone's screens.

Also, fast solution to getting rid of crashers; go Dedede or MK, goto Shadow Moses, and wall lock the crap out of them.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Every Link I meet is always obsessed with me. They never leave me alone... I meet this yellow Link a lot on basic brawl, and all he does is follow me and crouches next to me... it's so pathetic haha.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Every Link I meet is always obsessed with me. They never leave me alone... I meet this yellow Link a lot on basic brawl, and all he does is follow me and crouches next to me... it's so pathetic haha.
There tarnishing the reputation of one of my 35 "mains". Well theres some people who have link that have their pride. Plus when I was beginning on wifi the zelda's, shiek's and toon links couldnt stop following me around :/, I use to be a "tradition taunter" but after a while when I saw taunters doing nothing against the crashers I took my stand.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i love the ike players who confidently walk up to you and just fsmash without second thought. They really define what it means to be a wifi ike

Aibou

Smash Master
Do I switch to Ganon and continuously grab you?
Hmm...guess not :/

i love the ike players who confidently walk up to you and just fsmash without second thought. They really define what it means to be a wifi ike
LOOOOOOOL those guys are priceless.

The one thing I hate though are the Falcons who jump in out of nowhere and Falcon Punch you from behind while you're fighting someone else and unable to dodge in time because of it. Such a cowardly tactic.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
what color Zelda are you Aibao?

I love beating Ike's...they think they're all awesome.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice

The one thing I hate though are the Falcons who jump in out of nowhere and Falcon Punch you from behind while you're fighting someone else and unable to dodge in time because of it. Such a cowardly tactic.
Thats true. However I mostly use the shield rather than dodge plus your able to recover much quicker when using your shield than dodging. Ive learned that first hand

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
WiFi Ikes = LOL. But then I freak out a bit when I see an Ike actually using Front Air, Back Air, Tilts and all that shmuck unlike nooby ones. O.O

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ah, right, there are some interesting notes I'd like to drop on you guys regarding KO distribution.

The first one: If, during a battle involving crashers, another partyist walks up to you and indicates to you to hit him, even though there's no reason to, just hit him. If he suicides immediately after, DO NOT SUICIDE AFTER HIM. Wait where you are and allow the partyist to reproach you. This part is going to be a little tough to decipher, but you need to figure out if he wants you to suicide after him or if he wants you to hit him again.

The easiest way to do this is, after the opponent jabs you or something, jab back. If they suicide, then they're trying to load you up with KO points to ensure your victory, rather than one of the crasher's victory. If they jab back after you jab them, suicide.

The second one: If a partyist accidentally KOs you, and you jab them, expecting them to suicide, and they don't suicide, think things through for a moment. The reason why your fellow partyist isn't suiciding is likely because they were keeping track of the KO count among all of the players, and they realized suiciding will put a crasher at a points advantage. Don't try to force your partyist friend to suicide, and actively remember that it doesn't matter which of the partyists wins; all that matters is that any partyist wins.

-----------------------

Keep these tips in mind, because I actively use both techniques when there's a crasher in the room.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
^some people don't play like that though. Some partyist just want to win for themselves and they won't act like much of a team. A lot of people play different than your style. I follow what you said anyway depending on what I want. Good points though, I'll keep them in mind.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I'm glad he pointed that out, because although I don't fight, I try to get other Partyists to get points from my suiciding if the Crasher is winning.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The funny thing is, I didn't even know a thread for taunt parties existed, let alone a whole war between partyists and crashers... and I always referred to the players involved as 'taunters' and 'fighters,' lolwhoops

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
"War"? Is that how most people view it?

From my point of view, Partyists and Crashers are just playing a "role" in the little Wi-Fi minigame called "Taunt Parties". No bad feelings over who wins. Crashers shouldn't be surprised if they lose since they tend to be outnumbered by Partyists, and Partyists actually tend to have a LOT more fun if the Crasher is capable of winning on his own against all of them.

I find that a Crasher who can win against three Partyists to be quite respectable. On the other hand, I also find other Partyists respectable when they pull of amazing teamwork combos (like the time I saw a Partyist Zelda throw a Bob-Omb and successfully hit a Crasher Wario as soon as he was within reach thanks to a Partyist Peach's Up Smash for getting him within that Zelda's range)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Actually, no, crashers actually have the upper hand when it comes to 3v1s when the items go on. If a crasher gets a strong item, like Golden Hammer or Smash Ball, they get 3 KOs, and if a partyist gets it, they can only get 1 KO.

If Basic Brawl was stock matches, then yes, the crasher would lose every time.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Actually, no, crashers actually have the upper hand when it comes to 3v1s when the items go on. If a crasher gets a strong item, like Golden Hammer or Smash Ball, they get 3 KOs, and if a partyist gets it, they can only get 1 KO.
So 3 out of 4 players can have items off and choose Hyrule Temple~

Plus I'm sure that those 3 would have a higher chance of at least one of them getting one of those items anyway, and it's not like an automatic 3 points for the Crasher if he gets an item like that.
:p

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
the taunters would have a three to one chance to grabbing the hammer anyway. And even if the crasher got the hammer, I could, as well as any character with a useful projectile, stop him, attack him, and send him off the edge to his death.

If a crasher wins without the use of a smash ball or any item in general, they definitely have my respect. It's usually a meta knight, but still lol.

Edit: Oh you beat me to it lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I was referring to those scenarios where the crasher uses Sonic, or one of the spacies, somehow gets the match to FD, and Smash Balls are somehow on. It's even worse when the items are actually off, but the crasher gets a Pity Final Smash because Smash Balls were turned on anyway. Sure, the combination is very unlikely in any given match, but it DOES happen every so often, and it's extremely hard to win under those circumstances.

I'm sure you're all well aware of this, but doing a partyists vs. crasher 3v1 means that we absolutely have to win every match until the crasher leaves, and as I said before, the best way to do that is to go to Shadow Moses, have one person pick Dedede for wall infinites, and one person pick MK for Jab wall locks against those who can't be infinited by Dedede.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
the taunters would have a three to one chance to grabbing the hammer anyway. And even if the crasher got the hammer, I could, as well as any character with a useful projectile, stop him, attack him, and send him off the edge to his death.

If a crasher wins without the use of a smash ball or any item in general, they definitely have my respect. It's usually a meta knight, but still lol.

Edit: Oh you beat me to it lol.
A crasher would win my respect if the didnt abuse the smash attacks and used different moves to win. I would not only be impressed but have fun as well.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
A crasher would win my respect if the didnt abuse the smash attacks and used different moves to win.
Oh, I'd actually be impressed if the Crasher won with spammy Smashes.

Impressed over how predictable the Partyists must've been to get KO'd that many times by a repeated move.
:dizzy:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I'd actually be impressed if the Crasher won with spammy Smashes.

Impressed over how predictable the Partyists must've been to get KO'd that many times by a repeated move.
:dizzy:
I would find that more of a "cheap" victory then actually victory on the crashers part. I just find it funny if the crasher gets a kill he runs away throughout the entire match so that he can earn that win. Would you find that smart, funny, or "cheap" :)

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I would find it somewhat funny though I would also feel like yelling at the players for not figuring out how to DODGE. Especially a move that is being used over and over. But when it comes to Taunt Parties, hit and run is one of the few things a Crasher can do to win.

Remember, it's a Taunt Party; THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "CHEAP"!! THERE'S NO RULES AGAINST SUCH TACTICS!!!

That is all~

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I would find it somewhat funny though I would also feel like yelling at the players for not figuring out how to DODGE. Especially a move that is being used over and over. But when it comes to Taunt Parties, hit and run is one of the few things a Crasher can do to win.

Remember, it's a Taunt Party; THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "CHEAP"!! THERE'S NO RULES AGAINST SUCH TACTICS!!!

That is all~
In my opinion, since when do people who fight 3 against 1 have the right to someone "cheap." Unless you fight him by yourself, I don't think you have much of a right to say that. So yeah, I agree.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hit and run... a crasher technically could win like that but the partyists just then start jabbing themselves and SDing to win. By that point I wouldn't advice the crasher to get frustrated and fight it 'cause basically it's like them saying they give up and have no better way to face you. Crasher won by that point.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Really?
Huh.
About 70% I've been in have had a TP starter.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Taunt Partyists seem to have a kind of stereotype from what I've known from talking with other Taunt Partyists.

Most Taunt Partyists tend to be people who start playing as soon as they get back home from school. But for many people there is now focus on end-of-the-year work and all that shmuck, so that's probably why there's been a huge lack of them lately.

Just watch; once we're all in Summer Vacation practically 90% of matches will consist of Taunt Partyists, lol~

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Taunt Partyists seem to have a kind of stereotype from what I've known from talking with other Taunt Partyists.

Most Taunt Partyists tend to be people who start playing as soon as they get back home from school. But for many people there is now focus on end-of-the-year work and all that shmuck, so that's probably why there's been a huge lack of them lately.

Just watch; once we're all in Summer Vacation practically 90% of matches will consist of Taunt Partyists, lol~
A challengers approaching. Are you ready men and women? Cause we got a war to fight.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Anyone know of a certain green pikachu, whenever temple is picked he/she always hangs around the bottom of temple in a specific spot?

Top Bottom