• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt parties in anonymous wifi.

Demonio

Smash Rookie
Taunt parties are awesome! That's pratically the only thing I do during wi-fi. I saved several taunt party replays and would like to share a whole buncha em.. but sadly I don't really know much about submitting them into youtube. There's like a 40% chance of finding at least 1 taunt partner on a basic brawl. The chances are quite low in team battles...

I don't see why some people enjoy crashing people's taunt parties... they usually end up getting owned badly and yet still continue to try. But I personally prefer being paired up with only 1 or 2 taunters. I enjoy punishing taunt-party-crashers.

That reminds me the first time I started taunting.. I partnered with another Sonic buddy in team battle, and everytime we end up in the same team, we'd spam our taunts a little, and own the other team baaadly. Whenever we end up in opposite teams, we'd just spam our taunts all day at one side of the screen while our teammates fought their heads off. I longed to meet that Sonic again..

Ooo.... I also have this funny replay of the 3 "afk" Ikes-- (not exactly a taunt party) and the last person was some random person who wasn't afk. We were all examining what that 1 person who wasn't afk would be doing. Anyways, it started off with one person (player 3) afk as an Ike. I didn't really think he was afk though, because I saw him do a punch and a kick. But he never moved ever since then. The 2nd player decided to join in as well, pretending to be afk. Then I joined in lastly, pretending to be afk, all in one match. As the matches went on, and the first non-afk player left, (Us 3 afkers left) I decided to be an Ike like player 3, but a different colour. Me and player 2 knew we both weren't afk, by readying ourselves in the practise stage earlier than a normal afk player would. Being as another Ike, I sort of gave him a telepathic message of telling him to become another Ike but a different colour. And so he did during the next match. We also did a survival test of which afk Ike would live during sudden death by standing. It would be hillarious if somebody spectated that match, watching us stand there for the whole battle and bet who would win during the sudden death.Then we finally found a 4th player. Me and player 2 began to act completely afk after that, so he wouldn't notice that we were actually there. He seemed a bit confused. He was probably thinking we were a taunt party, but realized we weren't moving at all. He seemed extremely bored, whacking us, moving us around and stuff. It's really funny to see what bored players would do in an afk odd Ike group. But during the second match with the newly confused player, he most likely left in the middle of the battle and disconnected us all..... *Sigh* It was fun while it lasted... if only I can find that group again.

^That paragraph I made is rediculously long and confusing...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
tl;dr. sorry.

Lol, it's like every "taunt party" person abides by a set, unspoken rules of beating everyone else up if they don't participate. I love it.

I do the same thing x3

I always match my teammate's character, too. Or at least from the same series (i.e., DK and Diddy, Mario and Luigi, etc)

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I was playing online one day (as kirby) when I found these 3 people metaknight, Jiggs, and Ike, that at the beginning of every match they would taunt like crazy for like 20 seconds straight. Anyway I decided to play along for a while and we had so much fun! After a while though Ike turned evil and started killing us. I decided to let it go because I knew I could PWN him at any given time (one time I did for fun!). Eventually Ike left and it was just MK, Jiggs, and me, we did several matches just fooling around and having tons of fun, I would copy MK's ability and then we would go around the stage (Bridge of Eldin)as tornadoes for most of the match. Then this Samus joined our room (who obviously didn't know anything about any of this) whom we tried to communicate with (which is really hard to do on basic brawl) but it didn't work and she kept trying to kill us. But after a while someone started attacking Samus (I forgot who) then we all ganged up and completely destroyed her it was so hilarious and so much fun, and then somehow after a while stupid WFC disconnected me for no reason at all. But I haven't been able to find another Taunt Party since.

Joeshmoe

Smash Cadet
I remember my sister getting really mad at one with 2 peaches and a sonic. The peaches were spamming "Lalalalalala", and sonic was spamming "You're too slow". One peach would get the final smash every time, and wake up the other two, but leave my sister sleeping. I stole the controller from her, chose sonic, and joined them for a few hours...

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Haha, I love these. Two nights ago I was playing on wifi as a red Ike on my friend's wii, and during each match there was this pink kirby who would run to the side and continuously taunt. I kept fighting for a while, but eventually I went to the other side of the map and did the same thing. Then, one more joined us, and then sometime soon after he switched to sonic (but he didn't taunt, he just like sat with us lol).

The 4th guy left cus he wanted to actually fight obviously, then the fun started. One new person joined every round, and we'd just taunt. They would jump around and try to attack one of us, and since sonic was just sitting there, and kirby usually just tried to kirbycide with anyone who attacked them, I started to defend them with my Ike. If anyone came up to them with an attack, I'd run over and use my throws or tilts to knock them away. I wouldn't follow up with anything so they all got confused lol.

Unfortunately, when we finally got someone else who accepted that we were just screwing around, a fox, I had to go ;-;. The match was extremely laggy, but I didnt think it was fox's fault because he was in a match with us prior to this one and it was all fine, but since it was so slow, i couldn't finish the match before I had to leave. So I had to shut off my wii and they'd have to fend for themselves when an Ike cpu took over >.>

Looper

Smash Journeyman
as you can see, everyone runs into these. but to be honest, being a casual player, sometimes i just want to turn on brawl and have a fun team battle match. but most of the time i'll run into a taunt-fest, then eventually all three of them will be against me, including my teammate, because i'm not playing along. i have played along, i was quite surprised the first few times and it was really silly and fun, but it gets old. sometimes i just want a good brawl

Looper

Smash Journeyman
A "good brawl" is best without input lag, spammers, and people you don't know.
i respect your opinion, but i must say that i'm sorry that i forgot to put emphasis on "casual player". not to counter your argument because of it being a mockery of human intellect, but input lag is not much of a problem when you're playing to have fun, and "spammers" aren't as bad as you might think. don't you think they're somewhat predictable? also, i enjoy playing with people i don't know, because it's a different experience every time! but i won't argue that playing with your best friends is much better.

if you're playing to win, i would suggest doing real tournaments or whatever, but i can't really say because i've never been to one. :)

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol I didn't mean to come off harsh, sorry.

Well I unno, it just seems so random. I am competitive player, but I love ffas with friends, at the very least we can joke about the match later, unlike it being completely forgotten if the replay isn't saved.

Oh well.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Aren't you sad you'll never know who that person was?

With Anyone should've had an "Add as a Friend" thing.
The only problem is eventually a ten year old will add someone with an inappropriate taunt and the "Parents Against Swearing" will get up in arms and Nintendo will have a lawsuit they could easily win.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be awesome if a massive taunt party was organized? Like, if an official date was set when, like, everyone on SWF went on basic brawl? There could be a thread where people could register as characters/colors.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm having one right now. I'm showing off Pit's Arrow Loop, Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape, Samus' Zero Suit Samus Transformation, &c. I just played as Wario and farted on a guy. He was Ike. Now we're doing another one, but with the CPU.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I've never had a taunt party, everyone on 'with anyone' seems loserific.
I just taunt and Falcon Punch online and usually still win. That's how good people are.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
It's funny when there's one person that tries to stop you, but then they get triple teamed and destroyed.
Anyone else notice that the one person that tried to stop taunt matches is usally terrible at the game? >_>

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I always start my Basic Brawl with Blue Ice Climbers down taunting.
Hoping to get a partner or 2. If there's a third, I attack, then we all attack.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I always start on 'Basic Brawl' with Green Falco on Lylat Cruise.

About 25% of the first matches, I battle on Lylat Cruise, beating senseless Ike's with CG's and meteors.
About 40% of the first matches, I play on Final Destination, beating senseless Ike's with CG's and meteors.
About 10% of the first matches, a taunt party ensues, and I'm able to do a codec.
About
5% of the first matches, I battle an opponent that isn't a total ******.
About 20% of the first matches, I get disconnected from the start or slighly before mid-point of the Brawl.
Wouldn't it be awesome if a massive taunt party was organized? Like, if an official date was set when, like, everyone on SWF went on basic brawl? There could be a thread where people could register as characters/colors.
Yes.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
never had one :(
its pretty easy to start one. Just be mindful of people that use it for mind games. I get double crossers all the time. I just remember their player no. then **** them.

RodS

Smash Cadet
Wow, I had no idea such things were going on lol
Il prolly start doing this for the lulz :D

Royale

Smash Journeyman
they're awesome if you wanna chill and relax, if your game play is REALLY good you can act like a "mother hen" to your buddies so if you get a ******* trying to mess **** up you can own them and impress them.

The kicker here is, when they walk away from the fight on their own they're gonna remember the cool tricks and moves you taught them. like right now, i buddied with a toon link. He spent alot of time as TL, but now hes switched to what im using, Kirby and we're both owning samus pretty good. This Samus has skill, but i know some tricks to gimp her good. It makes me smile that i can help other people see how effectively kirby can be. :)

Slush

Smash Cadet
Its the best when you get 3/4 sonics taunting you're too slow! nonstop

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I just had an awesome taunt party a few minutes ago but got disconnected,

I was normal Captain Falcon, another guy was blue Kirby and the two others changed characters a bit. Once we were in Mario Bros and I knee'd the enemies while the other people taunted. Another was in Wario Ware, we taunted the whole time. Another was in the retro DK stage, pretty standard stuff, picking up the 800 points items and taunting. My favorite was in Hanenbow, we made the flower apear during the main match and got it to apear again in sudden death.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
I came in and stomped out taunt parties where they try to triple team me. Hyrule castle was easy... get a kill and run away. And then the guys eventually went into a trio of Ness, Game & Watch and Kirby. The Ness seemed like the guys main and I pulled out a couple victories with Jiggly since dude didn't look like he knew Game & Watch well. The last match I was winning and got disconnected. I only pulled a few victories but all were on FD and they were getting kills off of each other

RawrZ

Smash Rookie
lmao, i was in one where we were all DDD just doin' all that taunt, dash dance, and random stuff. then when i decided i wanted to actually brawl i left and when i got back, it was the same group of DDDs!!!! AHH! so i took 'em on 3 to 1, don't remember how that turned out though, hahah.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was in one, we always alternated characters however. For a while it was two Kirbys, Captain Falcon (me) and an inactive Sonic. The Kirbys would suck me up and we would all Pawnch.

Then the Sonic became active and the Kirbys sucked him up and used their homing B attack until they died from the kill wall on the top of the screen. So I became Sonic and joined in.

Uffe

Smash Hero
One time I decided to go play Basic Brawl. It was pretty late and I had the urge to play SSBB. I decided to choose the alternate Blue C. Falcon. Eventually two people appeared. I thought, "okay, it's time for some fun." Time runs out, it's just me and two other people. I started on Luigi's Mansion. The most bizarre thing happened. While I was Falcon, there were two other Falcon's. As soon as that match started I used my left taunt and Falcon said, "C'mon!"

The other Falcon's were taunting as well. It was so hilarious! We started to break the mansion and taunted some more. We had sudden death and I was standing in the left on the very top of the mansion taunting with the other two. Bomb-Ombs began to fall and I hadn't been hit and it was pretty hilarious how long i had lasted in one spot. I was the first one to die sadly. But that was like the best night I've ever had in a taunt fest. :laugh: I saved that video to show my brother and when he saw it we both had a good laugh.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
When i do join in taunt parties, I pick Snake and Snakes stage to do codecs of different people. If I get a repeat I do an SD loop mid-codec until I miss.

The rest of the time I like to stick C4s on peoples faces and we play a game of hot potato with it. If anyones not in the taunt party I stick someone and wait till it sticks to the one not in and detonate.

Denzi

Smash Master
I had an all Ike taunt party once.
I just fully charged eruption the entire time.
Except toward the end, one of them tried to attack, so the other Ikes all hit him into my eruption for the KO:p.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
So I was in a taunt party that had been going on for a while. Someone picked Sonic and started to spam the "You're too slow" taunt, but after a while it got grating. Captain Falcon stood in front of him and interrupted the taunt everytime it started, so it went like "You're too--" *jab* "You're too--" *jab* and went on like this for a time.

I started laughing 'cause it had this weird, catchy rhythm to it. It was more entertaining to me than it was probably meant to be.

tanhogfan15

Smash Cadet
4 kirby's for 2 minutes... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII synced up the entire time. i laffed so hard

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...

I've been many a taunt match myself. Usually what I do is dash dance, run into walls, footstool people, and other random funnyness. And of course spamming taunts.

Depending on the character I am, I'll also do one of the following:

Wario - Fart (uncharged) next to people causing them to trip.

Ike - EEEEETHHUUUHHHHH! EEEEETHHUUUHHHHH! HNNLAAAAAAAAAAAH! EEEEETHHUUUHHHHH! HNNLAAAAAAAAAH! (Aether spam in case you couldn't figure it out >.>) Also use Quick Draw from side to side.

Wolf/Gannondorf - Spam USmash. (TAAAAOOOOH! TAAAAOOOOH! for Wolf and HAAA! HAAA! for Gannondorf)

R.O.B. - Spam UTilt, facing the screen (I think it makes him look like he's cheering for something XD)

Bowser - Stand precariously on the edge when someone comes near---BOWSERCIDE! >=D

The only thing I don't like is the fact that I taunt at the start of every match (serious or otherwise) and thus inadvertantly (sometimes) start a taunt party. I roll with it, but I feel dissapointed that I don't get to fight.

Top Bottom