• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Zero and megaman. Although they should've just kept megaman X like on marvel vs capcom. Oh and I'll play viewtiful joe.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I know for a fact that Zero is my main character for this game.

Not sure who I'll use as the second character though... Maybe Rock, Tekkaman Blade, Casshern, or something.

/too focused on Zero lmao

Denzi

Smash Master
I'm thinking Zero/Tekkaman Blade myself. These things always end up boiling down to playstyle though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Doronjo/Morrigan is actually supposed to be a good team. Doronjo's best partner is Ryu of course, but Morrigan is effectively the same since their assists (though Morrigan's is bigger and slower I think) and general movesets are so similar, so yeah, Team *****es is a solid team.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I love Doronjo/Batsu.

Batsu is really fun to play as (mostly because I love making him scream ADJEANESDAY unDAIOH EEYAIZAHH) and Doronjo compliments him well and vice versa. I can't wait to start playing competitively.

I also throw in some PTX too. That big thing takes skill. But the level 3 combos are redonk.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A little off topic, I am setting up a public group for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom players. It is a little premature but I want to go ahead and start one up so when the game is released there is an organized way for people to share their friend codes. Maybe even post different information regarding the game so as to draw more interest in the release.

Here it is for those interested.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1670

I plan on adding information about the game and a list friend codes for any member who so wishes to publicize their's.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Doronjo/Morrigan is actually supposed to be a good team. Doronjo's best partner is Ryu of course, but Morrigan is effectively the same since their assists (though Morrigan's is bigger and slower I think) and general movesets are so similar, so yeah, Team *****es is a solid team.
Well, they are rebalancing it, so I can hope that Morrigan will actually be better than Ryu, and have some sort of thing to separate herself from Ryu now, despite her originally being designed in Dark Stalkers as a version of Ryu.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is a new blog post up.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20091020_350.html

The interesting thing is the screenshot at the end. If you look on the display in the room you see Tekkaman Blade and Yatterman-1 (I think) in a stage. But if you look at the stage it is one we have not seen before. It looks as though it could Blade's level.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm

Denzi

Smash Master
is this game gonna have the lame infinite blocking like marvel vs capcom or the ability to spam assists?
Well the Japanese version had a ton of infinites, but as far as I know they should be fixed in the rebalancing. I know for a fact that Karas's is gone, not sure about the others yet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well the Japanese version had a ton of infinites, but as far as I know they should be fixed in the rebalancing. I know for a fact that Karas's is gone, not sure about the others yet.
He means infinite blocking, like you can block forever.

Yes that is there, but as in MvC 2, if you can't get around that with a crossover, then lol.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I think they also confirmed that tick-throwing is in now, so there's another option for dealing with guarding.

noradseven

Smash Lord
By infinite blocking do you mean the block string infinite(which has only 1 frame in which you could escape), its gone.

If by infinite blocking you mean no guard crush, well you take a ton of chip damage, I don't know how many matches right now have been ended because the opponent was at 10% health landed a solid blockstring linked with assist did it again super, welp you die.

Im sure they will find infinites again but hopefully they will be very conditional and kinda ****ty so that if we actually need to get out we can just burst.

Im kinda worried about tekkaman blade he looks like he might be better than tekkaman who was god tier right below karas, I don't really know what to think about that.

I just think that tag team of tekkaman and tekkaman blade being the top team would be kinda silly.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
there is no way of breaking guards, but the blocker can pushblock so they don't get chipped to death.

tekkaman was high tier. he had an amazing assist and took & gave hits like a ****ing tank, but was TOO SLOW!!!1111111

tekkaman blade doesn't look that bad.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Phoenix Wright kinda-sorta-maybe confirmed. (look at bottom right)

It's from the special Secret Files for TvC, so it might just be scrapped character art....Though it seems to be fully detailed by Shinkiro, and includes screenshots, meaning he could actually be in the game, and there might be more characters in store. Don't get your hopes up too high though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Phoenix Wright kinda-sorta-maybe confirmed. (look at bottom right)

It's from the special Secret Files for TvC, so it might just be scrapped character art....Though it seems to be fully detailed by Shinkiro, and includes screenshots, meaning he could actually be in the game, and there might be more characters in store. Don't get your hopes up too high though.
Yes everyone, do remember that this does not mean Phoenix Wright is going to be playable.

Aside from Phoenix there is also a possible unused stage in the bottom right screenshot. From what myself and others can tell, it is most likely a Ghouls and Goblin stage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Does anyone know if they're going to release a TE edition stick for the re-release of this game?
Probably not. They would've showcased them by now.
I'm not surprised, I guess Madcatz doesn't see that a TE stick for the Wii to be very profitable.

Vlade

Social Outcast
In that case I'll probably go for a Wii Hori or the SE stick, since I don't have a PS2 stick handy :(

Those are too good, you can generally convert them to literally anything (ps2 sticks, that is)

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I got to play the import version for a few hours on new years eve Im liking ken the eagle they need to tweek his damage output just a little. I also like polymar, chun li, batsu and of course... ryu. Ryus level one super is way to good. I think its comparable to cables AHVB. It comes out so fast and the damage is really good.

Top Bottom